Red Residences [29F|res|u/c] - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Makati

Makati The country's primary financial center

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 3rd, 2018, 09:28 PM   #41
584C

Likes (Received): 42

Well, real unit owners will get penalized when they find BIR determine their condo's Zonal Value based on the developer's last list price (could be easily 300k/sqm based on this trend). And if Real Property Tax is also affected, it will be brutal (imagine paying RPR based on 300k/sqm).

I believe at least some of the Chinese bulk buyers plan to flip some of their units away. Imagine if they cannot find buyers for Red units at 200k/sqm and they have to hold till completion. At 200k/sqm, there are many resale Makati condos much better than Red.

Btw, Fame Residences (Ortigas) is now close to 200k/sqm!!!

azumiii liked this post
584C no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2018, 07:46 AM   #42
kindawn

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarlacquenoako View Post
1BR with balcony, 26.04 sqm, is almost P7.1M (inclusive of other charges) or P273K per sqm. It is not even centrally located. Parang ayaw mag-pabili.

This is a ridiculous price. I think they saw that many Chinese are renting at that area (in Oriental Garden, the Beacon...) so they think it will be easy to have the unit for rent, that's why they put this absurd price up. Most of those Chinese are working for online gambling companies. One day there will be a crackdown on those shady businesses and that area will become a ghost town right afterward lol.

Expect the place will be crowded with Chinese tenants. With 7M, there are more places with higher standard and bigger size that is worth to live. Not to be racist, but I really don't want to live with mainland chinese. You want to know why? Try to live in Oriental Garden on the same street to under stand. Smoking in the building, speaking loudly in public....you name it...

azumiii liked this post
kindawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2018, 09:07 AM   #43
azumiii

Likes (Received): 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindawn View Post
This is a ridiculous price. I think they saw that many Chinese are renting at that area (in Oriental Garden, the Beacon...) so they think it will be easy to have the unit for rent, that's why they put this absurd price up. Most of those Chinese are working for online gambling companies. One day there will be a crackdown on those shady businesses and that area will become a ghost town right afterward lol.

Expect the place will be crowded with Chinese tenants. With 7M, there are more places with higher standard and bigger size that is worth to live. Not to be racist, but I really don't want to live with mainland chinese. You want to know why? Try to live in Oriental Garden on the same street to under stand. Smoking in the building, speaking loudly in public....you name it...
Crackdown?
Afaik, it is legal here in PH.
Illegal in China.

So they are here.

Oa yung price.
azumiii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 09:25 PM   #44
Tarahuma

Likes (Received): 38

OT: just checked the price of a 26sqm unit at Air Resi.. 7.1M!!!

Speechless.
Tarahuma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:43 AM   #45
azumiii

sa resale ka na lang lol. Even us brokers shake our heads with developers' pricing nowadays

As long as there are people willing to buy at those prices, developers will continue to inflate them as high as they can.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 06:03 AM   #46
froilanfritz

Likes (Received): 9

Hi All. 10% discount available for Red Residences starting today. Exclusive only for Filipino buyers. Here is the sample computation.

Total Amount Payable:
Php 6,760,543.50

15% DP over 39 months
Php 25,361.06

85% Balance
Php 5,746,461.98

Unit Size: 26.04sqm 1 Bedroom
View: Amenity
froilanfritz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2018, 09:18 AM   #47
azumiii

mon_dy, InfinitiFX45 liked this post
Old July 31st, 2018, 07:16 PM   #48
InfinitiFX45

Likes (Received): 4805

Quote:
SMDC's SM Red Residences [29F|res]
Chino Roces, Makati City, Metro Manila

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. - John 3:16 (NIV)

Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are Born Again.” John 3:3 (NIV)
InfinitiFX45 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2018, 02:34 AM   #49
tarlacquenoako
Ikaw taga saan ka?

Likes (Received): 137

This is the first of many soon-to-rise SMDC condos along Chino Roces Ave. You may think the units here are expensive now, but when the other towers are launch, this will be the cheapest.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 02:49 AM   #50
bazinga88
adorkable

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
This is the first of many soon-to-rise SMDC condos along Chino Roces Ave. You may think the units here are expensive now, but when the other towers are launch, this will be the cheapest.
I wonder how this is selling amongst locals though
bazinga88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2018, 04:52 AM   #51
lamudi_cess

Likes (Received): 0

The facade is a bit different with the other SMDC condos. I think most of the units will be sold fast since it's at the center of the business district + near MMC.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:50 AM   #52
azumiii

center of business district? Makati business district or Chino Roces business district?

Geographically speaking this is in Makati CBD but not in the center of Makati CBD.

I heard the other lot beside Paseo De Roces will be a Megaworld project. Can anyone confirm?
Old August 2nd, 2018, 07:24 PM   #53
584C

Red Residences [29F|res|pro]

Quote:

Chino Roces is already very traffic. If SMDC is building multiple high density housing along Chino Roces, I wonder how the two lane Chino Roces will handle all these traffic.

One Korean led company got multiple Red units for resale (they also got multiple Shore units in the past and did reasonably well there) and in June 2018, they already realised their Red purchases will not be as easy as their Shore purchases 🤣🤣🤣
Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:08 PM   #54
tarlacquenoako
Ikaw taga saan ka?

Likes (Received): 137

The next wave of high density condo contruction will be along Chino Roces. There are at least 5 SMDC lots (SMDC fence) and 1 DMCI lot along the stretch of Chino Roces, concentrated between Don Bosco and EDSA (San Lorenzo Place).
Old August 3rd, 2018, 09:18 AM   #55
cool_78
fluff it like a bunny

Likes (Received): 244

I really don't get the pricing of SMDC condos in this particular area of makati. This is a potential bubble just waiting to be popped.
Old October 3rd, 2018, 05:31 AM   #56
Mabalotski

Likes (Received): 19

Big Mistake

DO NOT make a big mistake of buying an SMDC project.

1. Their materials are SUB-STANDARD. I have 2 SMDC properties bought in MOA complex, in less than a year I have been requesting for warranty repairs on the paint, door hinges, walls, wall cabinets, etc. Their warranty is just ONE YEAR - think about it.

2. Their PMO - Greenmist is notoriously INCOMPETENT, you just have to suck it up even you go directly to their managers. Their incompetent manager will wing your complaints and no actions will be done, have to accept it. Unless you are ready for this kind of stress, then by all means go ahead.

3. You cannot work repairs & have huge deliveries during weekends, no deliveries past 6PM - your only free time from work. this is how idiotic their PMO - GREENMIST thinks. Your mcdo/jollibee deliveries? You will have to fetch them from the lobby.

4. Water leakage is your worst nightmare in a condo property. I have seen a lot of video complaints from the groups of SMDC projects. There are a lot of them.

5. Their Fire Alarms will wake you everyday 7x a week during the middle of the night. I'm not exaggerating. There's nothing you can do coz these are under their PMO. But it is obviously faulty materials.

6. Chinese tenants are flooding SMDC projects, Well... I'll let you imagine what kind of things they will and can do to the whole area.

You have been warned. Think twice. This is coming from a current unit owner & SMDC investor. One of the worst mistake I ever had. Just really had no choice coz I want to invest in MOA complex.

bazinga88, sunstarcebu, cool_78 liked this post

Last edited by Mabalotski; October 3rd, 2018 at 06:02 AM.
Mabalotski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2018, 09:54 AM   #57
boncedrick

Likes (Received): 362

Quote:
The next wave of high density condo contruction will be along Chino Roces. There are at least 5 SMDC lots (SMDC fence) and 1 DMCI lot along the stretch of Chino Roces, concentrated between Don Bosco and EDSA (San Lorenzo Place).
Include also the new Avida on the previous Wyeth lot.
boncedrick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 03:29 AM   #58
bazinga88
adorkable

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabalotski View Post
DO NOT make a big mistake of buying an SMDC project.

1. Their materials are SUB-STANDARD. I have 2 SMDC properties bought in MOA complex, in less than a year I have been requesting for warranty repairs on the paint, door hinges, walls, wall cabinets, etc. Their warranty is just ONE YEAR - think about it.

2. Their PMO - Greenmist is notoriously INCOMPETENT, you just have to suck it up even you go directly to their managers. Their incompetent manager will wing your complaints and no actions will be done, have to accept it. Unless you are ready for this kind of stress, then by all means go ahead.

3. You cannot work repairs & have huge deliveries during weekends, no deliveries past 6PM - your only free time from work. this is how idiotic their PMO - GREENMIST thinks. Your mcdo/jollibee deliveries? You will have to fetch them from the lobby.

4. Water leakage is your worst nightmare in a condo property. I have seen a lot of video complaints from the groups of SMDC projects. There are a lot of them.

5. Their Fire Alarms will wake you everyday 7x a week during the middle of the night. I'm not exaggerating. There's nothing you can do coz these are under their PMO. But it is obviously faulty materials.

6. Chinese tenants are flooding SMDC projects, Well... I'll let you imagine what kind of things they will and can do to the whole area.

You have been warned. Think twice. This is coming from a current unit owner & SMDC investor. One of the worst mistake I ever had. Just really had no choice coz I want to invest in MOA complex.
I second this. I'm a Jazz unit owner. Location-wise, you can't complain. But boy the workmanship and sub-standard materials they use is just INSANE. My bathroom has water leak problems too damaging the wall interiors next to it. GREENMIST is another story. I will never again consider SMDC.

You were lucky you had those repairs still under warranty. My Jazz unit seems to have been pre-programmed to self-destruct soon after its one-yr warranty had lapsed. All repairs are on me
bazinga88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 05:42 AM   #59
Mabalotski

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga88 View Post
I second this. I'm a Jazz unit owner. Location-wise, you can't complain. But boy the workmanship and sub-standard materials they use is just INSANE. My bathroom has water leak problems too damaging the wall interiors next to it. GREENMIST is another story. I will never again consider SMDC.

You were lucky you had those repairs still under warranty. My Jazz unit seems to have been pre-programmed to self-destruct soon after its one-yr warranty had lapsed. All repairs are on me
So sorry to hear that bro.. Thats why I've been requesting a lot of fix from them coz of this. I've looked forward to these future issues.

NEVER get SMDC and Megaworld. There is no perfect developer but these two are the worst. Unless you have no choice anymore sa location, then stay away from these developers.
Mabalotski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2018, 12:49 PM   #60
584C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazinga88 View Post

China factories across a wide spectrum of product categories have perfected the art of “just enough manufacturing” where if the customer specified durable for one year, the factory can engineer a product that survive just long enough for one year to help the buyer save on costs and get scrap through the warranty period.

On the other hand, if given sufficient budget, China factories can churn out world class products such as IPhone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
chino roces, smdc