Stadia Designers Cup ★★★★★ Red Bull Bragantino - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Stadium Design

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2019, 09:00 PM   #1
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Likes (Received): 483

Stadia Designers Cup ★★★★★ Red Bull Bragantino

I feel I`m saying this each time we`re beginning each Stadia Designers Cup edition but now I`ll say something new... Next year there`ll be (at least_ two of us and we`ll take care of competition preparations as it should be done!

As I wrote in YOSD, this is an MVP launch cause I managed to prepare an "starter pack" but keep calm... It`ll get better! Each day I`ll be updating each elements: webiste, site plot model, social media, press release... We have more time on designing phase than usual so everyone who isn`t a member of our society here won`t have less time than usual. Let`s consider that extra time you have as an privilage of SkyscraperCity society

First new thing was signing up to the competition and what follows after that is necessity of confirmation of your will after signing-up form closes on last day of October. Knowing how many contestants are in the game would make preparing final announcements graphics a lot easier.

What else... Really guys, I barely managed to finish huge project last week and I feel quite guilty that it looks like this. As I said I`ll fix it in following days and next year I`ll have someone to split the preps.

Without further ado... Regulations (for this moment) are all here below. First week as usual is dedicated for modyfing it and fixing bugs. Get trough it, read it from cover to cover... and let me know what seams not clear.

Link to the basic version of the site plot model has been sent to all already signed up contestants at email addresses provided in the form. Check your mailboxes... and SPAM (thanks @pompeyfan)!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ SIGN UP TODAY ]

Signing-up form will remain open until:
31 X 2019, 23:59.59 CET

Quote:
1. General provisions

The following rules apply to the 5th edition of “Stadia Designers Cup”, further called “The Competition”.

The Competition is organized by Mateusz Cegielski from MSTADIA.net.

Official partners of the Competition are:
  • MSTADIA.net
  • StadiumDB.com (Stadiony.net);
  • TBA
  • TBA
further called “Competition partners”.

Official Competition site (further called “Official Website”) adress: bit.ly/sdc5-at-MSTADIA

Official Competition thread at SkyscraperCity.com forum (further called “Official Competition Thread”) adress: bit.ly/sdc5-at-SkyscraperCity

2. Conditions of participation in the Competition

Taking part in the Competition requires filling up a signing-up form available at: bit.ly/sdc5-sign-up

After signing-up form closes on day mentioned in paragraph 5.1, each contestant who signed up is obligated to confirm his/her will to take part in competition by responding to an email which will be send to contestants on provided email addresses after signing-up form closing. Without the confirmation, contestant will not be allowed to take part in final votings.

Participation in the Competition is free of charge.

Participation in the Competition means consent to the processing of personal data by Organizers and Competition partners.

3. Subject of the Competition

The essential task of the Competition is to design a concept of an interim stadium for Red Bull Bragantino* which is going to be team`s homeground until it get back back to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A and join race for the champions title. After that, stadium which is subject of the competition will be remodeled to capacity below 10 000 seats and going to be used as secondary ground for academy and/or juniors team.

*name is going to be changed with the beginning of 2020 season

The proposal concept must meet keep the standard of 3rd category class stadium, regarding to the european standards.

The proposal concept must:
  • refer to the history and heritage of host-club;
  • fit in the area on the site plot designated by Organizers (marked pink; terrain topography may be changed only in this particular area);
  • have a total capacity from 10 000 to 15 000 seats for hosting first team (phase I) which might be easly decreased permanently to level of 5 000-10 000 seats for academy and/or other smaller or amateur clubs in the city (phase II);
  • have a pattern made of seats which represents full logo or just logotype of title sponsor “Red Bull” on one of the stands;
  • have on facade at least one well visible signboard with a commercial name of the stadium which must include some reference to title sponsor`s name (non-literal one preferable).

Competition and partners logos must be well exposed in the proposal concept interior, e.g. on LED adboards around the playing field.

4. Competition entry

Single contestant or designers team is entitled to submit only one Competition entry.

Competition entry must be submitted in digital form (photos of handmade models, drawings scans, etc. are also allowed).

Competition entry must be submitted in English.

Competition entry cannot be signed or marked in any other way which could guide to contestant`s personality and/or nationality.

Requirements for competition entry content are as follows:
  • architectural boards layout recommended;
  • title board with a „full-screen” aerial/bird eye view of the stadium in phase I;
  • view on the interior from the highest possible point in the stadium corner, the so-called “beauty-shot view”;
  • at least one interior view, both phase I and II (two or more recommended);
  • at least two exterior view, both phase I and II (one from human eye perspective and one from any other);
  • basic masterplan with legend;
  • at least one basic cross and longitudinal section, both phase I and II;
  • western/eastern and northern/southern elevation view (recommended all four).

Any extra forms of presentation, e.g. videos, 360° views are allowed and well welcomed.

Technical requirements for competition entry are as follows:
  • max. 12 boards in 16:9 ratio (JPG format obligatory);
  • min. resolution: 1920x1080 pixels for horizontal and 1080x1920 pixels for vertical orientation.
Only design that have not been published in internet before the voting process launch date or participated in any other competition can be submitted as the Competition entry.

Competition entry is submitted via the application form available on the Official Website.

Application form will automatically turn itself off after deadline date specified in paragraph 5.1.

Organizers claim the right to disqualify or degrade in final ranking the contestant if his/hers design does not meet conditions contained in paragraphs 3 and 4.

Organizers claim the right to use content of submitted entry for purposes related to the Competition, i.e. promotional, exhibition and information.

By submitting entry, contestant declares that his/hers work is entirely original and does not infringe the copyrights of third parties.

5. Competition agenda

The agenda of the Competition presents as follows:
  • signing-up form opens - 1 VII 2019, 20:00 CET;
  • launch date: 22 VII 2019, 20:00 CET;
  • questions & answers (Q&A) and potential major changes in competition brief/regulations: 22-28 VII 2018;
  • signing-up form closes - 31 X 2019 - 23:59.59 CET
  • deadline date: 15 XI 2019, 23:59.59 CET;
  • competition entries verification and potential corrections: 16-17 XI 2019;
  • public and jury vote: 18 XI 2019, 18:00 CET - 24 XI 2019, 23:59.59 CET;
  • final results announcement: 26 XI 2019, 20:00 CET.

Competition deadline is not changeable, however Organizers claim the right to change deadline date on contestants request, about which is obligated to inform on the Official Website and Thread on SkyscraperCity forum.

6. Voting process and final rankings

Public vote will take place within the period specified in paragraph 5.1 according to the following rules:
  • each voter is entitled to vote only once by selecting his favourite 3 entries giving them respectively: 3★, 2★ and 1★ where 3★ is the highest note;
  • each voter is obligated to distribute all 3 points/stars, otherwise vote will not be valid;
  • each voter attempting to give more than one vote will not be included in the voting process at all.

Jury vote will take place simultaneously with Public vote according to the following rules:
  • Jury squad will be announced no later than the day before the voting process begins;
  • each Juror is obligated to assess all entries in three categories:
    - Architecture;
    - Functionality;
    - and Presentation;
    in scale from 1★ to 10★ where 10★ is the highest note;
  • each category has different "weight", respectively x3 for "Architecture" and “Functionality”, x2 for "Presentation".

Contestant whose design will score the highest number of points/stars in Public and Jury vote combined will become The Winner of the Competition (further called “The Winner”).

If two or more contestants will score the same total of ★ (points) in Public and Jury vote combined, the one who had better result in Jury vote will be classified higher in the final ranking.

If still tied, contestant who received more 3★ notes in Public vote will be classified higher in the final ranking (if still tied, repeat respectively with 2★ and 1★ notes).

7. The Winner privileges

The Winner will receive a personalized glass statuette and customized commemorative Competition jerseys in host-club resembling style.

According to “The Cup follows The Winner” rule, following edition of “Stadia Designers Cup” is going to be held in homeland of The Winner. However, it cannot stay in the same country for two editions in a row and cannot go back where it already was in edition before.

If it turns out that The Winner comes from the country which is currently hosting “Stadia Designers Cup”, next edition is going to be held in homeland of runner-up.

If it will not solve the situation, The Cup moves to the native land of the highest classified in final ranking contestant which is not a countryman of previous two.

The Winner will be invite to co-operate in early stage of next edition`s preparations.

8. Final provisions

By taking part in the Competition, contestant confirms that he/she agrees to the rules of the Competition contained in these Regulations.

Organizers claim the right make changes in regulations, about which is obligated to inform on the Official Website and Thread on SkyscraperCity forum.
- - - - - - - - - -

Update no. 1

Quote:

[...]
  • fit in the area on the site plot designated by Organizers (marked pink; terrain topography may be changed only in this particular area);
  • have a total capacity from 10 000 to 15 000 seats for hosting first team (phase I) which might be easly decreased permanently to level of 5 000-10 000 seats for academy and/or other smaller or amateur clubs in the city (phase II);
    [...]

- - - - - - - - - -

• title board with a „full-screen” aerial/bird eye view of the stadium in phase I;
  • view on the interior from the highest possible point in the stadium corner, the so-called “beauty-shot view”;
  • at least two exterior view, both phase I and II (one from human eye perspective and one from any other);
  • at least one basic cross and longitudinal section, both phase I and II ;
    [...]

stefan2000, pompeyfan, Mr_Carůzo liked this post

Last edited by MaTTiC; August 10th, 2019 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Update in parapgraphs 3.3 and 4.5
MaTTiC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2019, 10:56 PM   #2
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Likes (Received): 161

Before any other comments from myself (it's day 1 of the competition - there will be a lot) - make sure you check your junk folder. I would love to thank Microsoft for sticking the email in there, instead of actually sending it to my inbox. I get three emails a day about problems with my Itunes account (I don't have one), but an email address I've emailed to in the past is junk. Go figure.

OK, so some more comment.

1. The site is similar in shape to last year, but the terrain considerations are significantly different. Making a basic site map early on will be so, so important.
2. Do we know yet what the club colours will be?
3. I'm quite happy with that capacity range. It's smaller and more intimate which should help immensely given the site constraints.
4. Requiring a third category stadium is going to help further. Especially the reduced OB Van requirements - it's nearly half the size of category four.
5. I've had a couple of ideas come to me over the last couple of days, which is fantastic. If I started work on this a week ago, I would have had absolutely no ideas.
6. Enabling the use of videos and 360 degree views is also good. It allows competitors to showcase their design in much more detail.
7. Just be aware when working closer to deadline day, that deadline day is a Friday.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this afternoon when I can get to work on my model.

Keep up with my latest projects here

Last edited by pompeyfan; July 22nd, 2019 at 11:45 PM.
pompeyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2019, 11:10 PM   #3
stefan2000

Likes (Received): 229

Same on Gmail.
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2019, 11:45 AM   #4
Mr_Carůzo
NBHN

Likes (Received): 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyfan View Post
Before any other comments from myself (it's day 1 of the competition - there will be a lot) - make sure you check your junk folder. I would love to thank Microsoft for sticking the email in there, instead of actually sending it to my inbox. I get three emails a day about problems with my Itunes account (I don't have one), but an email address I've emailed to in the past is junk. Go figure.

1. The site is similar in shape to last year, but the terrain considerations are significantly different. Making a basic site map early on will be so, so important.
3. I'm quite happy with that capacity range. It's smaller and more intimate which should help immensely given the site constraints.
4. Requiring a third category stadium is going to help further. Especially the reduced OB Van requirements - it's nearly half the size of category four.
5. I've had a couple of ideas come to me over the last couple of days, which is fantastic. If I started work on this a week ago, I would have had absolutely no ideas.
6. Enabling the use of videos and 360 degree views is also good. It allows competitors to showcase their design in much more detail.
7. Just be aware when working closer to deadline day, that deadline day is a Friday.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this afternoon when I can get to work on my model.
I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with this site plot
Mr_Carůzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2019, 01:12 PM   #5
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

I`ll reply to all your questions this afternoon.

pompeyfan liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 02:28 PM   #6
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

So I should make my update from night 1. I finished making a site map. I started working on laying out the stands and adding in the basic seats. The three stands I did tonight totalled 13560. The fourth stand is a lot smaller, and I still have vomitories and that to do so I expect to push close to 15k. I will probably look to reduce the capacity soon.

MaTTiC liked this post
Old July 23rd, 2019, 04:41 PM   #7
Armas Lohikeitto

Likes (Received): 284

What is the absolute minimum auxiliary area around the pitch? I always thought the minimum is 120 m x 80 m, but I don't really know if this is true. I know FIFA recommends 125 m x 85 m, but many modern world class venues don't follow this recommendation.
Armas Lohikeitto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2019, 07:56 PM   #8
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Quote:

1. Since very first edition we had to deal with quite plain sites. This year there`s no special extra task. The site where stadium is going to be build is one itself. Of course, you can make it plain surface and place your stadium on huge terrace, (e.g. Sam Mames, Bilbao) and dominate the neighbourhood or you can choose totally different way and dig into the ground.

Current version of the site model doesn`t includes buildings but meanwhile you can see get along with the surroundings at Street View. It`s similar to the topography of the site. Diversed. So can be your stadiums.

2. What I managed to learn so far, club main colors will remain unchanged in "Red Bull era".

3. I`m still not 100% if this capacity isn`t still to much, but this is what thefirst week is for. I`m not infallible. You can share your opinions and if you`ll make a point we`ll consider changing that requirement. So far I see you (@pompeyfan) managed to deal with that capacity, so it`s doable on so tight site.

4., 5. - that`s the spirit!

6. Yeah... Not allowing Marcus in last edition to show his360 views in public vote was quite a d*ck move. Public vote is about "the show" so bring the best you have and show it to the crowd! Standard presenations are for Jurors who assess project in different way.

7. I`m aware it might be weird I choose Friday, but it gives more time to spot potential lack of some elements in the entry. Even if you won`t finish your entry before Friday`s midnight - send it! It gives me an information you`re in and I can count one more spot to predict in final graphics or animations. Any lacks in presentation you`ll fix by the weekend and send me an updated files later... but no later than Monday! :p

Good luck!

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Carůzo View Post
I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with this site plot
I`m not sure whether you have technical problem or terrain difference I mentioned above is an idea killer? If it`s the second one, go with a plain terrace. Just remember that it must be easy accesable to "climb"!

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armas Lohikeitto View Post
What is the absolute minimum auxiliary area around the pitch? I always thought the minimum is 120 m x 80 m, but I don't really know if this is true. I know FIFA recommends 125 m x 85 m, but many modern world class venues don't follow this recommendation.
Once I wrote on my blog an articel about that and I mixed up what UEFA regulations says with FIFA`s... Bigger values you mentioned comes from FIFA, smaller from UEFA. However, take a look at New Spurs Stadium and you can find a proof to your words - it`s not mandatory to stick to it. Just be reasonable

Old July 24th, 2019, 10:56 AM   #9
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

So this evening I have had the chance to add the seats to the corners and the main stand, with the total now reaching 15,504. This includes 1,152 seats on the main stand. I still have to add the corporate boxes, but that number will come down when vomitories, wheelchair spaces and general redesigning is done. At the moment, the venue looks quite boxy - a byproduct of underestimating the capacity of my design.

Next up is the corporate boxes. I have to decide soon enough whether or not to build a roof, a partial roof, or no roof. A lot will depend on the final form that the seating bowl takes.

MaTTiC liked this post
Old July 26th, 2019, 07:18 PM   #10
Armas Lohikeitto

Just for clarification, because I'm not sure if I understood this right... So at the first stage the capacity must be between 10 000 - 15 000 and this includes 5000 seats that will be removed later? And after these are removed, the final capacity must be between 5000 and 10 000? I assume this 5000 removable seats is approximate number, e.g. 4000 or 6000 would be acceptable?

I'm actually making quite good progress with this and probably heading for some 7000 seats + the extra seats. I promise, this time I'm going to make it in time.
Old July 27th, 2019, 01:00 AM   #11
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Quote:
Just for clarification, because I'm not sure if I understood this right... So at the first stage the capacity must be between 10 000 - 15 000 and this includes 5000 seats that will be removed later? And after these are removed, the final capacity must be between 5000 and 10 000? I assume this 5000 removable seats is approximate number, e.g. 4000 or 6000 would be acceptable?

I'm actually making quite good progress with this and probably heading for some 7000 seats + the extra seats. I promise, this time I'm going to make it in time.
For what it's worth, I interpreted the regulation to mean that the stadium initially has between 10 and 15 thousand while the main club is playing there, with the ability to reduce this capacity to under 10 thousand once they move out and the junior teams are left there. This would work in the same way as during the World Cup, where many venues have temporary additional seating built for the tournament and removed when no longer needed.

So if you're building, say, 12 thousand seats for the initial phase, 2 thousand of those would need to be temporary and easy to remove. I'm sure MaTTiC will clarify that soon enough.

As for my own design, I have made a decent amount of progress myself. Almost all of the stairs are in place, including stairs in corners of the stand. All of the corporate boxes are in place, bringing the total capacity of my venue to 16,144. Depending on where I place the vomitories, there may be a few more seats added, but that capacity will come down as vomitories, wheelchair spaces, and redesigning occurs. I have modelled a footpath to run around the site, but have run into problems as it is just .85m from a stairwell in one point. I might need to redesign parts of that stairwell. I have also modelled the floorplates for the main stand. That was a really fun moment for me - the stadium finally looked like it was properly under construction. In the coming days, I am wanting to model the vomitories, wheelchair spaces, map out the concourses and finally make a decision on the roof.

Old July 27th, 2019, 05:40 PM   #12
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Quote:

[...]
Quote:
[...]

So if you're building, say, 12 thousand seats for the initial phase, 2 thousand of those would need to be temporary and easy to remove. I'm sure MaTTiC will clarify that soon enough.

[...]
I admit, this paragraph have to be rewrote in more understandable way. On the second thought Manchester City Academy Stadium has a capacity around 7 000 seats and our 10 000 which currently stays in regulations might be to much for "backup" ground. Regarding to Armas`es question, my original thought was closer to @pompeyfan`s explanation. However, capacity decreased to the level of 5 000-7 000 seats would be more suitable for academy purpouses.

So, my proposal is to modify this paragraph this way:

- for the phase (I) when first team will be the host:
max. 15 000 but not less than 10 000 seats;

- the destination capacity for academy phase (II):
max. 10 000 but not less than 5 000 seats;

- PLUS: show both configurations, cause I mistakenly consider it as obvious and didn`t mentioned it in regulations.

With such assumptions there`re many ways to choose, e.g. two permanent stands along side line and two smaller, temporary behind the goals and remove it for II phase or make a seating bowl with similar height stand which has some temporary rows or even tiers to remove later. In first scenario stadium changes a lot for second phase, in second scenario stadium doesn`t change from street perspectove.

We have still few days before press release to make some major changes in regulations, so let`s use it for disscusion. It`s still not too late for changing your ideas.

- - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Just for clarification, because I'm not [...] I'm actually making quite good progress with this and probably heading for some 7000 seats + the extra seats. I promise, this time I'm going to make it in time.
To avoid "last minute drop-outs" I introduced signing-up and confirmations around two weeks before deadline. It really makes votings and final annoucements preparations easier when I know how many contesntants are "in" before the deadline.

Old July 27th, 2019, 10:41 PM   #13
abde01

Likes (Received): 2

Hello,
I have a question about drawing the route in the sketchup file provided.
Do the designed routes include sidewalks?
I wish I could also draw the roads and sidewalks around the stadium. Can I modify the design of the roads in the model?
abde01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:08 PM   #14
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by abde01 View Post
[...]
Do the designed routes include sidewalks?
[...]
No. They don`t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abde01 View Post
[...]
I wish I could also draw the roads and sidewalks around the stadium. Can I modify the design of the roads in the model?
[...]
If by "modify" you mean adding some extra details to the model etc., go on! But you cannot modify exitsting streets layout.

Old July 28th, 2019, 09:37 AM   #15
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

So another update. Yesterday I got the vomitories and wheelchair spaces taken care of, and got the concourse floorplate done. I had planned to get more work done, but I had to head out today and didn't have time. My next tasks will be to finalise the form and structure of the temporary stands.

Old July 28th, 2019, 02:32 PM   #16
Armas Lohikeitto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTTiC View Post
So, my proposal is to modify this paragraph this way:

- for the phase (I) when first team will be the host:
max. 15 000 but not less than 10 000 seats;

- the destination capacity for academy phase (II):
max. 10 000 but not less than 5 000 seats;

I support this idea! I believe making the rules more flexible like this will give us more possibilities and will result in way more interesting and varied designs.
Old July 28th, 2019, 10:49 PM   #17
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Update no. 1

Quote:

[...]
    [...]

- - - - - - - - - -

• at least one basic cross and longitudinal section, both phase I and II ;
    [...]

Old July 30th, 2019, 10:50 AM   #18
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Are we able to get a higher quality version of this?

Old July 30th, 2019, 01:53 PM   #19
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Sure! If you can`t wait till Thursday I could send you a link with vector file and/or HQ PNG ot JPG.

Why I mentioned Thursday? Big update is comming and among others a package of logos will be part of it.

Old July 31st, 2019, 12:54 AM   #20
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

All good, and I'm excited for the update.

MaTTiC liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement