Worcester and Worcestershire - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #41
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Yep they are still in the BBL so they will be a Worcester Wolves/Birmingham Bullets derby next year.

Its all looking rosy for sport in Worcester.

European Rugby/Premiership
BBL Basketball
and
County Cricket Championships aswell as two recent C&G finals.

all they need now is a good football team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #42
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Likes (Received): 572

Well, there's Bromsgrove Rovers
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:08 AM   #43
The Concerned Potato
Desperate for a Wii

Likes (Received): 0

my cousin Cameron used to play for Birmingham Bullets, he plays for Leicester Tigers now
The Concerned Potato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:38 PM   #44
Smileyface
BAND AID

Likes (Received): 274

I thought Leicester Tigers were rugby Union
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:44 AM   #45
The Concerned Potato
Desperate for a Wii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileyface
I thought Leicester Tigers were rugby Union

sorry Leicester Riders lol

he's on the website somewhere
The Concerned Potato no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #46
loudrocksurfer

Likes (Received): 19

Redditch and Worcestershire

I thought I would create this thread of Worcestershire as there is not really anywhere for things from towns like Worcester, Malvern, Droitwich, Pershore, Kidderminster etc.
loudrocksurfer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #47
loudrocksurfer

Future of youth centre hanging in the balance

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/...n_the_balance/
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #48
loudrocksurfer

New Asda planned for Kidderminster

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...kidderminster/
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #49
Crystal Palace

is that god awful building still standing. I forget the area where it's called, you know opposite where the Halifax is. Is it called the bullring?
Crystal Palace no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #50
loudrocksurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Palace View Post
is that god awful building still standing. I forget the area where it's called, you know opposite where the Halifax is. Is it called the bullring?
???
Old March 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #51
bromsgrovian

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Palace View Post
Do you mean Crown House in Kidderminster?

http://society.guardian.co.uk/pictur...354041,00.html
bromsgrovian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #52
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Worcester is booming at the moment. Especially the University and was named the fastest growing University for the 3rd year in a row. Plus ... Girls to boys ration is 3:1

This is Worcester Arena. Capacity 2,000.

Completion Date: March 2012
Cost: £10m

Will hold the City/University team (Was the only University in the UK that offered scholarships for Basketball) and has players from across Europe and America. Also a concert venue the city has so desperately lacked.

Quote:
The Worcester Arena will be opening its doors to both University students and the general public in spring 2012, ahead of the Olympics.

The Worcester Arena will enable the University to offer unique services to local sports clubs in the community as well as elite and professional athletes around the Midlands. With spacious, high-tech facilities it can look to develop more innovative schemes, whilst also providing a venue that will attract a great range of spectator events to the city. Currently, the University of Worcester provides Worcester County Cricket Club, Worcester Wolves, Aston Villa FC, Birmingham City FC and West Bromwich Albion FC with support in the areas of performance analysis, fitness and nutrition advice.

In recent years, the University has also become a Centre for Coach Education, offering courses at all levels as well as extensive sports science support to a range of sporting organisations.

For more on the new facilities and how you can support the Worcester Arena please see the links to the left of the page for the latest updates.
Ecological no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #53
Ecological
BANNED

The Hive - Worcester University Library and Learning Centre

Completion: April 2012
Cost: £60m

Old March 29th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #54
Ecological
BANNED

Grove Farm - Worcester University

The University is looking to develop new enterprise, science, sport and environmental facilities on the 47 acre site, increasing the education and employment opportunities for the University’s students.

The new University Park could incorporate research laboratories, plus a business/science park, drawing together offices and commercial premises connected to the University’s work in enterprise and science.

Community Benefits
Several meetings have already been held with residents. Dr Martin Doughty, Pro Vice Chancellor (Resources), says: “We want to involve residents throughout this process, and although we are still in the very early stages of planning what to do with the site we want to keep residents informed and get their views.”

The development of the site is a long-term project for the University expected to plough millions of pounds into the regional economy over the next 15-20 years. This is in addition to the 1,000-plus jobs that will be generated by the University’s developments in the City Centre, the first phase of which opened in September.

The University currently injects over £200 million a year into the regional economy and this development will increase this further. The University has been seeking to purchase a major site to enable the long term development of science and sports related enterprises for some years.

This site, which is just over one mile from the University’s St John’s site, offers excellent long term potential for development for business, sport, science and the environment.

Excellent Facilities
University of Worcester Vice Chancellor Professor David Green said: “This site will give Worcester the opportunity to participate more fully in the fruits of the modern knowledge economy. Over a number of years, there is every prospect of creating an excellent facility with many new high quality job opportunities in business, sport, science and the environment.”

The University will work with a number of partners to make full use of the land, while using its scientific expertise to enhance the excellent environmental potential of the site. The land already has outline planning permission for a business park. The University has been consulting with members of the University, local residents and others on the long term, sustainable development of this site.
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #55
Ecological
BANNED

Worcester University City Campus.

http://www.worcester.ac.uk/about/8078.html
Old March 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #56
Butterfield
lime-hating shrublet

Likes (Received): 3236

That university library looks awful. ...In my opinion. I don't want Worcester to become too big and developed. It's one of those nice, traditional old cities that are all too rare.
Butterfield no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:19 AM   #57
Ecological
BANNED

In person it looks "OK" for now. Scaffold surrounds the thing and the roof looks poorly materialised.

Worcester wont ever over develop. These works are going where previous unused buildings were located. Its growth so to speak is internal but with greater capacity.
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:06 PM   #58
Ecological
BANNED

Cee Lo Green's star turn in Worcester

10:40am Wednesday 30th March 2011

BRIT Award winner Cee Lo Green wowed the crowd at a Worcester nightclub.

The American singer sang his two biggest hits – Forget You and It’s OK – for the party-goers at Bushwackers on Monday night.

Green had travelled from Birmingham, where he had been performing at the O2 Academy, for his after-show party in Worcester.

More than 200 people waited until almost 2am to hear him sing. When he got on stage, he didn’t disappoint them – and Worcester didn’t disappoint him either.

“I thought that it was wonderful,” said Green. “The energy from everyone was very positive, warm and genuine.

“I love to feel my love reciprocated. Will I be back? Of course.”

Becky Whittall said: “What a great night. Cee Lo was brilliant and the Bushwackers’ management and staff could not have been nicer.

"They made us so welcome, looked after us and made sure we were involved in everything
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #59
loudrocksurfer

New city care home is ‘needed by the elderly’

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/...he_elderly___/
Old April 7th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #60
Telfordboy
Fus-Ro-Dah!

Likes (Received): 1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfield View Post
That university library looks awful. ...In my opinion. I don't want Worcester to become too big and developed. It's one of those nice, traditional old cities that are all too rare.
I had some input on that planning application back in my old job, I tried to get them to put a green roof on it, they wouldn't do it.
Advertisement