Help! - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Fórum Português


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:48 PM   #1
DPRK-Traveler
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 0

Help!

Hi Portuguese friends!
I'm a foreigner, and I'm sorry I don't speak any Portuguese! English is not my native tongue, so sorry for any error as well.

I'm in Portugal now, and I have some vacations until I go home again.

I'm staying in Lisbon (the most beautiful city in Europe) and I would like that you could give me, something like a list, of places (modern and ancient/historical, ...) in the Lisbon-area, so that I could go out of Portugal with most of the important Portuguese places visited!

I realize that Portugal only has one big city (Lisbon) so I will stay here, because I'm having some business meeting while i'm on vacations!

I had to create an e-mail adress just to register here, so I really hope to have your help!!

Thanks!
DPRK-Traveler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM   #2
tcpor
Nobre. Leal. Invicto.
 
tcpor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Matosinhos
Posts: 1,546
Likes (Received): 13

In meter of facts, Lisbon is such a medium european city as Oporto. So, you can't say "Portugal only has one big city (Lisbon)"...

I think you should go to Belem (west Lisbon), where you can visit the Belem Tower and Jeronimos Palace. Please take a little tour to S. Jorge Castle, where you can wash Lisbon from the top. Also, take a foot trip to Rossio, Augusta Road and the major center avenues of the portuguese capital.

But, members from Lisbon can talk about the city better than I.

Have a nice treap!
__________________
Telmo Cunha
Geógrafo de Corpo e Alma.
tcpor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:03 PM   #3
daniel322
Registered User
 
daniel322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 21,271
Likes (Received): 675

This should be help you
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpor View Post
Please take a little tour to S. Jorge Castle, where you can wash Lisbon from the top


e em ultimo caso, se alguem estiver com vontade de traduzir, existe sempre o roteiro do barra
__________________
Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies!
daniel322 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM   #4
tcpor
Nobre. Leal. Invicto.
 
tcpor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Matosinhos
Posts: 1,546
Likes (Received): 13



Enganei-me, "pô"! Era "watch"... Tu percebeste.
__________________
Telmo Cunha
Geógrafo de Corpo e Alma.
tcpor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 07:59 PM   #5
fernao
Registered User
 
fernao's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Coimbra
Posts: 2,668
Likes (Received): 16

you must go to Sintra
fernao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:16 PM   #6
MarcoSousa
Registered User
 
MarcoSousa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,501
Likes (Received): 473

If you like modern, you must visit "Parque das naçoes"

http://www.parquedasnacoes.pt/

For acient try "Alfama" and "Chiado"

http://www.baixachiado.pt/

To see some culture, try de new "Museu do Oriente" the "Museu dos coches" and "Centro Cultural de Belem"

http://www.museudooriente.pt/

http://www.museudoscoches-ipmuseus.pt/

http://www.ccb.pt/sites/ccb/pt-PT/Pages/default.aspx

You can go to "Sintra" and "Portinho da Arrabida" it is close to Lisbon and its very lovely.

http://www.parquesdesintra.pt/

http://www.strawberryworld-lisbon.co...-arrabida.html
MarcoSousa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM   #7
Barragon
Barra for Friends
 
Barragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Barreiro
Posts: 142,454
Likes (Received): 15984

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel322 View Post
This should be help you



e em ultimo caso, se alguem estiver com vontade de traduzir, existe sempre o roteiro do barra


Grande Roteiro
__________________
::: Portuguese Forum :::

Tocha :: Mira :: Vagos :: Ílhavo :: Praia da Barra :: Curia :: Anadia :: Oliveira do Bairro :: Águeda

Fat people are harder to kidnap
Barragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM   #8
Lissabona
AMO-TE_Portugal
 
Lissabona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisboa
Posts: 3,421
Likes (Received): 4

You should pass by an "ask me Lisboa" tourism office... if you can pass by the Arsenal street one, next to Lisbon's City Hall or another close by in the Commerce Square.

other offices you have in Belém, Augusta Street and Foz Palace in Restauradores
__________________
Yes, what else? Next question!

Lissabona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 12:04 AM   #9
alentejolover
Registered User
 
alentejolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evora-World Heritage Site since 1986
Posts: 24,614
Likes (Received): 2742



Se ele pedir posso fazer uma pergunta desta vez responde sim
__________________
Évora, o 2.º concelho do país com mais Monumentos Nacionais
alentejolover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #10
Lissabona
AMO-TE_Portugal
 
Lissabona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisboa
Posts: 3,421
Likes (Received): 4

LOOOOOOL seu metediço de comments alheios xD

__________________
Yes, what else? Next question!

Lissabona no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:30 AM   #11
alentejolover
Registered User
 
alentejolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Evora-World Heritage Site since 1986
Posts: 24,614
Likes (Received): 2742

__________________
Évora, o 2.º concelho do país com mais Monumentos Nacionais
alentejolover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 05:35 AM   #12
Daniel_Portugal
I Love You... Soraia
 
Daniel_Portugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PORTO Metro Area
Posts: 28,098
Likes (Received): 45

First of all i think you've must get well informed before saying such false things. This pic, this pic, and this pic, will show you how "small", this other portuguese city is. The name of this city it isn't even necessary to say, cause it's widely known througout the planet. I don't know where you've realized such a thing, but wherever it was, is bullshit.

Now, your question. I think Lisbon downtown is by far the most interesting zone of the city. It's more cosmopolitan than the rest of the city, it's more beautiful, and it's more portuguese. Inside municipality limits you could also visit Parque das Nações and Belém. In the outskirts of the city you will find good beaches in Cascais zone, and beautiful natural landscape and monuments in Sintra zone. You could also visit a very small city three undred quilometers north. but beware, its so small, so small, so small... that it's possible that you can't enter in it... only if you're a gnome. (a small one!)
__________________
pila
Daniel_Portugal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #13
DPRK-Traveler
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpor View Post
In meter of facts, Lisbon is such a medium european
city as Oporto. So, you can't say "Portugal only has one big city (Lisbon)"...

I think you should go to Belem (west Lisbon), where you can visit the Belem
Tower and Jeronimos Palace. Please take a little tour to S. Jorge Castle,
where you can wash Lisbon from the top. Also, take a foot trip to Rossio,
Augusta Road and the major center avenues of the portuguese capital.

But, members from Lisbon can talk about the city better than I.

Have a nice treap!
Sorry, I only heard about Lisbon (the important city, and also the business
city) and Faro (the Summer city!).
I saw some photos now of Oporto, and it is a really cute historical city...
But it doesn't seems a medium european city, like Lisbon, Vienna or Barcelona!

I'll follow your advices, but I don't want to wash Lisbon! Maybe they should
get a Tanker-Airplane for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel322 View Post
This
should be help you



e em ultimo caso, se alguem estiver com vontade de traduzir, existe
sempre o
roteiro do
barra
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernao View Post
you must go to Sintra
I plan to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSousa View Post
If you like modern, you must visit "Parque das naçoes"

http://www.parquedasnacoes.pt/

For acient try "Alfama" and "Chiado"

http://www.baixachiado.pt/

To see some culture, try de new "Museu do Oriente" the "Museu dos coches" and
"Centro Cultural de Belem"

http://www.museudooriente.pt/

http://www.museudoscoches-ipmuseus.pt/

http://www.ccb.pt/sites/ccb/pt-PT/Pages/default.aspx

You can go to "Sintra" and "Portinho da Arrabida" it is close to Lisbon and
its very lovely.

http://www.parquesdesintra.pt/

http://www.strawberryworld-lisbon.co...-arrabida.html
I'll probably visit Sintra and Portinho da Arrabida, Museu dos coches and
Centro Cultural de Belem, but not Museu do Oriente... From what I saw, this
last one is a Museum about Orient... I'm tired of Orient culture for now, so I
want to see the European culture!

But I still want to visit something more modern... I went to wikipedia, and
here are some places I want to go:
- Belém Cultural Center
- Atlantic Pavilion
- Pavilion of Portugal in Expo'98
- Vasco da Gama Tower
- Estádio José Alvalade

I also saw this photo:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/3...0ff5fa.jpg?v=0
What is that building?

What is the tallest building in Lisbon?
I would like to see some modern buildings!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissabona View Post
You should pass by an "ask me Lisboa" tourism office... if you can pass by the Arsenal street one, next to Lisbon's City Hall or another close by in the Commerce Square.

other offices you have in Belém, Augusta Street and Foz Palace in Restauradores
I will, but what I'm mainly looking for, they don't tell us to visit in such a place! I'm looking for buildings (companies headquartes, residencial buildings, ...)
DPRK-Traveler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM   #14
DPRK-Traveler
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Portugal View Post
First of all i think you've must get well informed before saying such false things. This pic, this pic, and this pic, will show you how "small", this other portuguese city is. The name of this city it isn't even necessary to say, cause it's widely known througout the planet. I don't know where you've realized such a thing, but wherever it was, is bullshit.
Sorry, but I don't need to get informed if a place is a village or a city... From where I came from Portugal is = to Lisbon and Faro! Not my fault!
And from the pics you have showed me, I continue to think that Porto itself is just a small European city!
And sorry, but at least in Asia, Oporto is not widely known!
Perhaps Asia is not in this planet!
DPRK-Traveler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:00 PM   #15
tcpor
Nobre. Leal. Invicto.
 
tcpor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Matosinhos
Posts: 1,546
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRK-Traveler View Post
Sorry, but I don't need to get informed if a place is a village or a city... From where I came from Portugal is = to Lisbon and Faro! Not my fault!
And from the pics you have showed me, I continue to think that Porto itself is just a small European city!
And sorry, but at least in Asia, Oporto is not widely known!
Perhaps Asia is not in this planet!
My dear, without wanting to argue to much with you about things you don't know (and, at it seems, you even care!), I continue to tell you Oporto (or Porto) is a medium city, like as Lisbon and those are data and information from European Union! Lisbon as (in is Metropolitan Area) 2,5 million habitants, although Oporto as 1,9 million. As you can see, is not a big difference.

And, for me, it's a bit strange that you know Faro because, although being Algarve's capital, it's not a well known city from worldwide tourism, like others cities in this region.

Anyway, where are you from?
__________________
Telmo Cunha
Geógrafo de Corpo e Alma.
tcpor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #16
Mateus_
Urban rules
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Paris / Monção
Posts: 1,432
Likes (Received): 2

DPRK : Democratic People's Republic of Korea, best known as North Korea.
Mateus_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #17
TeKnO_Lx
Registered User
 
TeKnO_Lx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lisboa
Posts: 6,748
Likes (Received): 335

stay away from Porto, as you can see those guys have an inferiority complex and are generaly uneducated ppl ( although they kiss foreigners ass all the time like all portuguese ppl btw)

yeah Lisbon is the only real deal in Portugal

btw you should see Stadium of Luz, its way more beautiful then Sporting, i think theres tours ( ask at one of the gates or at the shop near the stadium)
TeKnO_Lx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #18
tcpor
Nobre. Leal. Invicto.
 
tcpor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Matosinhos
Posts: 1,546
Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeKnO_Lx View Post
stay away from Porto, as you can see those guys have an inferiority complex and are generaly uneducated ppl ( although they kiss foreigners ass all the time like all portuguese ppl btw)

yeah Lisbon is the only real deal in Portugal

btw you should see Stadium of Luz, its way more beautiful then Sporting, i think theres tours ( ask at one of the gates or at the shop near the stadium)
__________________
Telmo Cunha
Geógrafo de Corpo e Alma.
tcpor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #19
Filipe Santos
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 313
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus_ View Post
DPRK : Democratic People's Republic of Korea, best known as North Korea.
Isso seria bastante improvável, porque são poucos os norte-coreanos que podem aceder à internet!

Mas ele disse isto noutro tópico:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRK-Traveler View Post
I am from China, but now I'm on vacations (and some work meetings) in Portugal.
My company has interests in DPR Korea.
Mas deixem lá o pobre do homem não conhecer o Porto!
Eu compreendo-o!
Filipe Santos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:30 PM   #20
Mateus_
Urban rules
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Paris / Monção
Posts: 1,432
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe Santos View Post
Isso seria bastante improvável, porque são poucos os norte-coreanos que podem aceder à internet!

Mas ele disse isto noutro tópico:



Mas deixem lá o pobre do homem não conhecer o Porto!
Eu compreendo-o!
Improvavel talvez, mas não deixa de ser esse o sentido de DPRK.
Podem ser poucos, mas a quem tenha Internet na Coreia do Norte... Nos, não sabemos quem é esse homem...
Mateus_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us