#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BAB AL BAHR RESORT - Page 10 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 27th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #181
Morrismarina

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo60 View Post
Hi any of you investors had a letter from Pure Real Estate informing you that your purchased unit is actually larger than originally bought an increase in square footage and demanding an increased payment pro rata on completion for the extra size .
thanks
Steve
Does the contract provide for an increase in the price if the unit is built larger ??
Morrismarina no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #182
Jasmine's Dad

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo60 View Post
Hi any of you investors had a letter from Pure Real Estate informing you that your purchased unit is actually larger than originally bought an increase in square footage and demanding an increased payment pro rata on completion for the extra size .
thanks
Steve
Why - have you? & you are on the wrong thread :-)
Jasmine's Dad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #183
eddy123

Change or Upgrade??

Dear Mr. / Mrs. Valued Customer,

Happy New Year & Greetings from Rakeen,

We have commenced handover for 3 Buildings in Bab Al Bahr. Therefore we would like to inform you that during the past month we have started allowing change of units on individual bases, subject to availability and management approval.
If you are interested to upgrade your apartment location within Bab Al Bahr, you are welcome to contact our Commercial Director, Ms. Silke Friedrich on +971 50 5580304 to discuss options.

==========================================================

So they are talking about "change" or "upgrade" or both??? Upgrade probable comes with a price.

Ed
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #184
beer51

Likes (Received): 67

That is very good news for both Al Marjan, RAK and you Eddy.. congratulations.
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #185
ConiChris

Yes indeed, that is very good news. We bought a studio in Fayrouz and they want to do the inspection of the appartment already beginning of February. As we will be in Ras al Khaimah for holidays we will take this opportunity to visit our studio!! Rakeen says that they have already started handovers of the other building. THINGS ARE MOVING and we are very very glad. We will take some pictures & post them to the forum in about 4 weeks.
ConiChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #186
sandyb
sandyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConiChris View Post
Yes indeed, that is very good news. We bought a studio in Fayrouz and they want to do the inspection of the appartment already beginning of February. As we will be in Ras al Khaimah for holidays we will take this opportunity to visit our studio!! Rakeen says that they have already started handovers of the other building. THINGS ARE MOVING and we are very very glad. We will take some pictures & post them to the forum in about 4 weeks.
Thats very good for you.. please take pictures of surrounding areas of BAB. Interested to see the infrastructure.. ie: roads, street lighting, green areas etc... thanks
sandyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:18 PM   #187
mirpuri

so first 3 buildings to be handed over are fayrouz- yakout and 3rd name not sure ?devaloper is offering to switch you units into these 3 buildings like for like or if any one need to upgrade so this mean other 3 buildings will be late have any one have this information ?

mirpuri
mirpuri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #188
eddy123

dont expect to much

Regarding infrastructure dont expect to much. I would not accept any handover in the mess they are still in. There is still so much work ongoing and I dont believe you want to be there unless you like the many blue colars around you.

Ed
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #189
mirpuri

any one know a good local estate agent who will be able to rent property
which will be 1st devalopment on man made island in RAK
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #190
Yaz

Completion date and handover for Yakout stated as 15th March 2011.

Great news for Bab Al Bahr, Rakeen, Al Marjan Island and the whole of RAK. Finally the first residents will be able to take their places in one of the most beautiful locations in the UAE.

Obviously its still a long way off before Al Marjan island is complete. I'd guess something like eight to ten years, given that the first Palm units were handed over about four years ago and there are still more being completed there even now.

Hoping to get some pictures during the "orientation" in the last week of February.

Will post these when I have them.
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:44 PM   #191
mirpuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
Completion date and handover for Yakout stated as 15th March 2011.

Great news for Bab Al Bahr, Rakeen, Al Marjan Island and the whole of RAK. Finally the first residents will be able to take their places in one of the most beautiful locations in the UAE.

Obviously its still a long way off before Al Marjan island is complete. I'd guess something like eight to ten years, given that the first Palm units were handed over about four years ago and there are still more being completed there even now.

Hoping to get some pictures during the "orientation" in the last week of February.

Will post these when I have them.
Hi Yaz
pls keep us informed about your orientation quality of finish & any thing to look out while snaging and how is land scaping coming along?
thanks in advance
mirpuri
Old February 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM   #192
Yaz

Bab Al Bahr Snagging

Kitchen
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

External View1

External View 2

Internal

My brother attended Bab Al Bahr for orientation and snagging on our studios. No major problems but there were a number of quality issues such as silicone finishing around work tops etc required, cracked tiles, adjustments to kitchen doors, one bath was damaged and various minor defects which can be expected on such a development.

I suggested to my brother that they should have employed him as he's been involved in building renovation when he was back here in the UK, and they should have seen much of these errors before claiming to be ready for snagging.

From our previous experiences, one of the best developments handed over was through Emaar (The Residences), and certainly the worst was Nakheel (the Palm).

Rakeen would be somewhere in the middle at this stage, and I'd suggest that they have a professional quality control officer do the snagging before having customers come round.

Overall, his impression was that the interiors will be very nice and that the development will be lovely in time, but that there is still a way to go before the exterior is complete (as you can see from photos). In fact, there is still not even a proper access road to the development, though they promise to have this ready by handover.

WELL DONE RAKEEN.

More photos to follow.
Old February 25th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #193
marksageeza

yaz, correct me if Im wrong, but did you not also have links with the Bab Al BADR project? Just wondering whether you have info related to that as that seems to be a no-go...
marksageeza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #194
eddy123

Must be Rakeen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz View Post
Kitchen
My brother attended Bab Al Bahr for orientation and snagging on our studios. No major problems but there were a number of quality issues such as silicone finishing around work tops etc required, cracked tiles, adjustments to kitchen doors, one bath was damaged and various minor defects which can be expected on such a development.

etc etc
WELL DONE RAKEEN.

More photos to follow.
Your report on this is very incomplete in this time of great uncertainties. You are ignoring the real problems of the project. Did you brother had a look to that? The snags, which are always there are a minor thing to the total of the project. I’m more curious about what they told you about any maintenance fees, utilities connectivity’s, green areas, beaches, facilities, the planned hotel, the planned office , shopping mall etc. I would not accept any handover before they come up with an acceptable answer and provide some proof of their commitments. I have not seen that until now.

You might be in an euphoric mood, not me!
Old February 28th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #195
sandyb
sandyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
Your report on this is very incomplete in this time of great uncertainties. You are ignoring the real problems of the project. Did you brother had a look to that? The snags, which are always there are a minor thing to the total of the project. I’m more curious about what they told you about any maintenance fees, utilities connectivity’s, green areas, beaches, facilities, the planned hotel, the planned office , shopping mall etc. I would not accept any handover before they come up with an acceptable answer and provide some proof of their commitments. I have not seen that until now.

Spot on Eddy... I have invested elsewhere but been going on about this for ages.

No signs of any infrastructure in place. This developement is their flagship and doesnt even have proper access.

How can anyone be satisfied just because their apartment is complete? Everyone to their own I guess but I would want to know if my apartment is rentable or not... and I truely believe no-one will want to stay on this island without any other facilities around.

If your happy to organise a football tournament this is the place for you.. lots of space!!!
sandyb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2011, 08:36 PM   #196
Pleth

Likes (Received): 105

Today 02.03.2011

Nice big balconies, wonderful turquoise water, but the hotel and shopping area won't be ready for another 10 years.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
Old March 24th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #197
kuttika

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post

hi eddy 123 and all other investors in bab al bahr

I have an apartment in this development and I was wondering how many people who are on this forum are interested in joining to form a group to talk to the developer re. various issues related to handover (totally incomplete or nonexisting infrastructure) and the pressure to take possession of a property in incomplete development. There are also issues relating to many charges being levied without prior information. if any one is interested, please pm me.

thanks
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #198
beer51

Likes (Received): 67

Hi kuttika

What are the service charges for Bab Al Bahr.
beer51 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #199
kuttika

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer51 View Post
Hi kuttika

What are the service charges for Bab Al Bahr.
12 aed per sqf, 10000 non refundable security deposit for maintenance, 12000 water and electricity connection charges.

wondering if it costs 12000 for electricity connection charges.
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:24 AM   #200
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksageeza View Post
yaz, correct me if Im wrong, but did you not also have links with the Bab Al BADR project? Just wondering whether you have info related to that as that seems to be a no-go...
No. Luckily I didn't invest in that development myself, although I met the developers and did seriously consider investing in Bab Al Badr.

By the way, for one of our studios the connection charges are as follows:
Electricty connection 8040
Water Connection 1200

The security deposit appears to be a years service charges, so we are being told to pay two years worth of service charges (6881 x 2) in addition to the above!

Given that our studio was larger than originally stated on the contract, we are also told that we have to pay a further 31,011 for excess area!

All in all, a whopping 54,013 in addition to our balance payment.

Personally I feel that Rakeen should have reduced these fees, given all the delays in completion, and I note the points made above regarding infrastructure. The whole place is still pretty much a building site.

Any excess area could have simply been provided gratis, as I'm sure this did not cost the developer any extra. I also believe the connection charges are excessive. If these charges relate to providing connection from outside the building to the apartments, they should have been included in the original price of the unit. A connection fee should simply be a fee for turning power on, so should be a nominal figure like perhaps a couple of hundred dirhams for admin costs of setting up your account.

I think we should not have to pay these "connection" charges.

I am still happy that Rakeen have actually completed the development. Look at investors in Nakheels Palm Jebel Ali, who have nothing to show for 8 years. I have also invested in La Hoya Bay, and cannot see any real improvements there since 2008, so although we have lost money due to the economic climate, and Al Marjan Island is not where we hoped it would be back in 2008, at least we have something to show for our investment.
Advertisement