#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BAB AL BAHR RESORT - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #101
234sale

Likes (Received): 26

[IMG]http://i36.************/103tye1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.************/xpzfk1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i36.************/2jdjtl0.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i33.************/win6v4.jpg[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #102
eddy123

Likes (Received): 0

Palm Trees?

What happened to the Palm trees? I hope it is not meant as a prediction for this wonderfull project

Don't see to much progress compared to when I visited in August. I'm planning to pass by next week.
Old November 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #103
eddy123

All in the mud

Well passed by today. The sales office doesn't seem to be open, there were no cars parked at all.

Nevertheless there was quite a lot activity at the construction site but I didn't see anything rising up yet. Actually the site looked quite muddy, see the pics.

Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #104
eddy123

Another visit

Was there yesterday. Yes the sales office is open and the dead palm trees are removed. Talking to the sales manager, I had the impression that they don't sell. The list he showed looks almost the same a few months ago. He was even telling me that sales prices might be adapted to the current market trends. As only 50% is sold they will have to do something.

Anyway construction is ongoing what is good! They are still working on the piling work for whole area inclusive the planned Hotel and office. I was told by Spectrum that the Hotel will be different in design then planned, which will provide more see view for the apartments located behind. The Hotel will also be built later that the apartments, about 6 months later.

I'm still not impressed by the interior choice of this project. There were several complaints received and I was informed that after handover we could change it. Is that a gift? I know for sure that they would sell better if they choose other materials. If you look closely to the kitchen cabinets not one door is aligned with the one next to it. It all looks so poor and it is just not finished. Pls Rakeen do a better job on this! If you provide this same quality during handover I will definitely not accept this. I might cannot fight on the choice of colors but I will fight on the execution and quality.

sorry no photo's this time.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #105
soennecken
We will not be the last

Aerial shot

soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM   #106
THEPOINT
dubai garden city

Wow RAK is moving !!!
THEPOINT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #107
eddy123

Delay

Any idea if this project is still on time with the world financial crises affecting also this region.

I passed by this morning and I see still a lot of people doing ground work, however still no cranes in place.

Eddy
Old February 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM   #108
eddy123

I believe we will be lonely on this Island for a while.

Eddy

Last edited by eddy123; February 12th, 2009 at 06:26 PM.
eddy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2009, 09:57 AM   #109
234sale

[IMG]http://i43.************/zsnvqx.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/24v34ib.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i44.************/23rww1l.jpg[/IMG]
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM   #110
eddy123

Activity?

I don't see hardly any activity. Were these photo's shot Friday or yesterday? I will pass RAK this week as well to see what is going on.

By the way I have asked Rakeen for delayed payments, two times via email and they didn't responded at all. Nice customer service!

Eddy
Old March 1st, 2009, 08:47 PM   #111
234sale

Friday, hence no workers.
Old March 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #112
eddy123

Newsletter Rakeen

Old March 27th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #113
biffer

I’m a newcomer to the forum so please be patient whilst I get my act together!!

I have invested in an apartment in the Dunes Tides and Waves (Beachside) apartments. Unfortunately, there have been delays with the development to date, first phase was set for completion June/November 2009 but is now somewhat off schedule for one reason or another. Probably because of the size and nature of the project and of course the world‘s financial crisis doesn’t help! I would be happy to hear from anyone else who has invested in the same or other constructions in White Bay. Lets see if we can get this forum rolling along a bit more and generate some lively interest and enthusiasm!! I look forward to a reply.
biffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #114
biffer

Well I did say I was new at this!! Finally, got my message on screen, got my point across but completely wrong forum, oh well just goes to show trial and error. I will now attempt at posting in the right one!! LOL Anyway if you still want to reply please do!! By the way your forum has a lot more going on than the one I'm supposed to be posting to!! Good Luck to you all with your developments!!
biffer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #115
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 316

Press Release

Rakeen completes piling and cut-off works of key building projects within Bab Al Bahr as superstructure work gets underway

Over 5,000 cubic metres of concrete being poured weekly in various sections of the project as Rakeen stays on track with construction schedule

April 9, 2009
Rakeen, one of the region's most dynamic property developers and master planners, and the real estate development arm of the Ras Al Khaimah Government has announced that it has completed piling, cut-off and pile testing works and started super structural works of the building projects within the AED 1 billion Bab Al Bahr project, the centrepiece development of the Al Marjan Island, the first man-made island in the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. Rakeen further revealed in its monthly status report that an impressive 5,000 cubic metres of concrete is being poured every week in various sections of the development, keeping the project well within schedule, particularly for its planned mid 2010 completion of the first residential units.

For the Fayrouz, Kahraman and Yakout buildings, erection of the structural columns and shear walls of the basement has been almost completed. One further milestone in the super structural work of these buildings is the considerable progress of the basement ceiling. Rakeen has likewise completed piling and pile testing works of the Marmar, Amwaj and Zumourud buildings with slab on grade and water proofing works for footing in progress.

Hicham Yassin, Technical Director of Spectrum Consultants, the Owners Representatives for Bab Al Bahr, said, “We are pleased with the construction progress at the Bab Al Bahr project thus far. In the residential buildings of the project, 22 per cent progress has been achieved, which is a major milestone.”

Rabih Haydar, Project Manager, Rakeen, said, “Overall project works are progressing as scheduled and we are confident that Bab Al Bahr residents will be able to occupy their apartments as promised. Rakeen has remained fully committed to achieve its targets and construction deadlines as we firmly believe that consistency will greatly contribute in strengthening investor confidence in the Bab Al Bahr project. We also enjoy the full support of the Ras Al Khaimah Government, which has significantly helped enhance the reputation of Bab Al Bahr as a groundbreaking development within the emirate and beyond. Rakeen will continue to adhere to our core values of sustainability, responsibility and prosperity as we move closer towards completing this historic development in Ras Al Khaimah."

As part of its efforts to provide timely information to investors and project stakeholders, Rakeen has issued monthly status reports that include pictures of the Bab Al Bahr development. The latest issue in March shows significant improvements in the structural, internal and external walls, while work on slabs and steel fixings are also underway.

Rakeen has encouraged all interested parties to visit the construction site by setting up an appointment at the newly established Sales Centre located on Al Marjan Island, adjacent to the Bab Al Bahr project. The Sales Centre is equipped with offices and a multi-function room where investors and property buyers can discuss various options in acquiring properties within Bab Al Bahr. The Sales Centre also showcases model units of one and two-bedroom apartments, providing clients an exclusive opportunity to sample the distinctly rich lifestyle of Bab Al Bahr.

Upon completion, Bab Al Bahr will comprise 136 studio apartments, 356 one-bedroom apartments, 236 two-bedroom apartments and 104 three-bedroom apartments. Among the luxurious amenities being offered by the integrated development are 180-degree sea view, 560-metre private beach, gym facilities, underground car parking, themed swimming pool, ample children's play area, and hotel and club privileges.

Bab Al Bahr is the inaugural development project within Al Marjan Island and serves as a gateway to the integrated island community. Leading regional and international developers have been awarded contracts for other prestigious development projects on Al Marjan Island.

[IMG]http://i41.************/2h2ijbq.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/dm5njd.jpg[/IMG]
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #116
eddy123

lets recap

Piling has started April/May last year! In April 2009 it has been announced finished, a year later? Cannot say this is good progress.

Quote:
“We are pleased with the construction progress at the Bab Al Bahr project thus far. In the residential buildings of the project, 22 per cent progress has been achieved, which is a major milestone.”
If you mention 22% done of the whole residential part, over about a one year time frame? That is for me behind schedule! If you continue with the same speed this project is finished somewhere in 2012.

If you mention progress, you should provide your schedule according to the committed period versus the actual progress.

Quote:
We also enjoy the full support of the Ras Al Khaimah Government, which has significantly helped enhance the reputation of Bab Al Bahr as a groundbreaking development within the emirate and beyond.
What's to enjoy here? Why Rakeen/Spectrum is justifying their lack of progress, not having an Escrow account, poor reporting and email responses behind the back of the goverment? Check in Dubai what happened to some of the goverment backed projects from Nakheel or Emaar.

These are some critical views from me but further this is at least progress which needs improvement. I'm still very confident in this project and believe when it is done, it will be a winner!

Ed
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:11 AM   #117
Ben40

You should check other sites where construction has stopped and people are fighting to get their money back.. your problems are very minor considering..
Ben40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:03 PM   #118
eddy123

agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben40 View Post
You should check other sites where construction has stopped and people are fighting to get their money back.. your problems are very minor considering..
I do agree, but don't forget that many, including me, are victim of the biggest real-estate scam in the world. Don't say that the credit crunch is the sole reason of this failure. In the early stage of this boom I have others warned of this. With no proper laws and regulation in place, the risk of buying into none govermental backed projects, is very high. Nevertheless the "goverments" are also not stuppid and want that their "investments" provide them a good return. In other words "goverments" are not a guarantee that everything will be "fine". They can withdraw or cancel aswell and then see if you get your money back.

I have most of my investments in goverment related projects, except one. Now, who do we trust nowadays and what is the goverment doing to built trust. Not much untill now. All together this project looks in good shape but I would be more relaxed when there is a escrow account in place. There is also no exit policy offered if you want to withdraw from the project.

Also we should receive realistic updates and facts, rather than a shiny sales brochure. I believe we passed that station some time back when everything was gloomy and fine. As many projects are delayed, onhold or cancelled, you have balls to tell the investors that just this one is on time!
Old May 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #119
eddy123

Bab Al Bahr May 2009 picture

Office Building, pilling done

Old May 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #120
eddy123

change of interior design.

I was happily surprised that the interiors, tiles, sanitary etc of the appartments were completely removed. According to the sales person they will upgrade the interior design and this time it will be done by a professional company. Remember the ugly ninety seventies design, see some of the pictures a few threads back. It will be ready in one - two months so I’m eager to see it myself. Now I only hope that the changes are improvements not downgrading anything.

Regarding above progress pictures, I believe that the progress on the Fayrouz cluster is doing OK, but not on the Amwaj cluster. Further I’m concerned about the construction of the Hotel as tourists numbers are dropping in the region. I expect big delays here.
Advertisement