Madhya Pradesh Projects and Development - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects

West/Central India Projects Gujarat » Surat
Maharashtra » Nagpur

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2008, 07:39 AM   #21
zhiemi
sitz, it is.

Likes (Received): 11

Indiabulls to set up power plant in Madhya Pradesh

Quote:
Indiabulls Power Services Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd, Wednesday announced that it has signed an agreement with the Madhya Pradesh government to set up a 2,640-MW power project in the state.

The project will be set up in two stages of 1,320 MW each.

The state government will facilitate and extend all reasonable help to Indiabulls for setting up the project, officials said.
zhiemi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2008, 09:31 AM   #22
Illusionist
India under construction.

Likes (Received): 1601

about time they did something about the power situation in MP. i remember we used to get 10 hrs power cut and shops were forced to close after 7 to save electricity.
they say last govt was brought down by BSP. i.e. Bijli, Sarak and Pani
Old July 31st, 2008, 02:00 PM   #23
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

Likes (Received): 4

yeah, the power situation was pretty bad when i was there a few years back as well. long power cuts during the day.
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2008, 06:14 PM   #24
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

MP signs 12 MoUs worth 32,000 cr in investors meet

Quote:
Madhya Pradesh government on Tuesday inked 12 investment proposals worth Rs 32,000 crore during a two-day Investors Meet here, an official statement said.

The memorandums of understanding signed on the first day of the meet included Rs 1,300 crore cement plant, Rs 1,000 crore real estate unit, Rs 10 crore sponge iron unit and Rs 450 crore bio-energy unit besides several others, it said.

Addressing the function state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said concerted efforts would be made to restore the golden era of Gwalior in the industrial sector.

He announced that Gwalior region would be placed in 'C' catogery to accelerate the pace of industrialisation and Udyog Mitra Yojana would be extended for another six years to facilitate the entrepreneurs of the region.

Eminent industrialists V N Dhoot, Raghupati Singhania, Senapati, Sajjan Jindal, Vinod Mittal, Pankan Munjal, H Ikava among others were present on the occasion.

Chouhan said that investors' meets are not a political move and the government and is very serious about it.

He said that investment Facilitation Bill has already been passed in the state and the SEZ Act 2003 for Indore has been extended to the entire state.

Referring to the power situation he said that the state is better placed in comparison to many other states in respect of power supply.

Power generation capacity has also been increased by 2,950 MW over last four and half years in the state.
source economictimes.com
Old August 1st, 2008, 06:34 PM   #25
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

Ispat to set up 2 MT cement plant in Madhya Pradesh for Rs 700 crore

Quote:
Leading steel producer Ispat Industries will set up a 2 million tonne cement plant in Madhya Pradesh with an investment of about Rs 700 crore, a company official said.

A memorandum of understanding for the proposed plant in Panna district of the State was signed today between Ispat Industries, and Trade and Investment Facilitation Corporation Ltd, he added.

Pramod and Vinod Mittal-promoted Ispat Industries has already announced to set up a 1 million tonne capacity coke oven battery in the State besides a coal washery of similar capacity and a power plant of 30 MW.

The Coal Ministry had recently approved allocation of Behrabandh coking coal block in Madhya Pradesh to Ispat Industries on a sharing basis with Essar, Mukund Steel and Ind Synergy.

In addition to its investment plans in Madhya Pradesh, the steel major intends to invest about Rs 7,000 crore in Jharkhand for setting up a 2.8 million tonne integrated steel plant.

The Government is understood to have approved allocation of Latua iron ore mines in Chaibasa district of Jharkhand to Ispat Industries.

The steel major plans to scale up the production capacity of the proposed Jharkhand plant to 5 million tonnes, for which it would require a total of 250 million tonnes of iron ore for a span of 30 years.
source economictimes.com
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM   #26
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

Green energy to silence deadly guns of Chambal

Quote:
MOVE over dacoits and bandits. The rugged Chambal Valley in Madhya Pradesh is being seen as a future energy hub. If the Madhya Pradesh government’s plan to lease out wasteland to corporate India for cultivation of jatropha gets a positive response, Chambal is all set to turn into an alternative energy hotspot.
With the Madhya Pradesh government getting its act together to weed out criminals in the area and killing over 50 dacoits, including dreaded gangster Jagjivan Parihar in the last one year, many private companies have now shown an interest in the cultivation of jatropha, a bio-diesel plant, in the Chambal Valley.
On the dacoit menace in the area, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan stressed that Chambal would no longer be known for bandits and criminal activities. “Most of the infamous dacoits of the area have been eliminated. It’s time to convert Chambal into a future energy hub. I am glad that several private companies have shown interest in developing the area and cultivating jatropha under our wasteland development policy,” he said.
RPS Rathore, director, Annapurna ITM bio-energy has proposed an investment of Rs 450 crore in jatropha cultivation and production of bio-diesel in the Chambal area. The company has recently signed an MoU with the state government for this purpose. “We would like to convert Chambal into a hub of renewable energy. The state government will first lease out 2,000 hectares of land, but we will need 25,000 hectares later. Our idea is to create facilities in Chambal for the production of solar and wind energy, and cultivation of jatropha plants for bio-fuels,” Mr Rathore said.
With the global energy crisis looming large, private companies in India have spotted future potential in cultivating jatropha and producing alternative energy. The oil from jatropha curcas seeds is widely used for making bio-diesel fuel in many countries, including India, Philippines, Mali etc. Seed yields under cultivation may range from 1,500 to 2,000 kg per hectare, which may translate into oil yields of 540 to 680 litres per hectare.
In fact, the companies which have also shown interest in jatropha cultivation in the wastelands of Madhya Pradesh, including Chambal, are K S Oils, Ruchi group and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to name a few. Madhya Pradesh makes a headstart
THOUGH several states in India may also invite private companies for cultivation of jatropha, Madhya Pradesh has made a headstart. Madhya Pradesh State Agro Industries Development Corporation has been given a mandate to short-list companies willing to invest in bio-fuel plants in the state.
Vini Badjatiya, MD, Hindustan Infratech, said that his company was more than willing to cultivate jatropha in the Chambal area. “We have applied for 5,000 hectares of wasteland leased from the state government. We may initially be given 2,000 hectares. Villagers in Chambal area have been willing to cooperate with us as we will bring in employment and development to the area,” he said.
Significantly, Chambal division, which is an administrative unit of MP comprising three districts of Morena, Bhind and Sheopur, has always been the hideout of dacoits. Phoolan Devi, the most prominent bandit who was a terror in the region and in parts of Uttar Pradesh too, later turned politician and won the Lok Sabha elections on a Samajwadi Party ticket. Mohur Singh was another dacoit who surrendered and later joined local politics. Two years ago, police killed dreaded dacoit Nirbhay Gujjar, who had committed 239 serious offences including murder, kidnapping, extortion and armed robbery. “However, people no longer fear Chambal Valley. There is no dacoit there. Once companies begin jatropha cultivation, villagers too will cooperate as they will get employment,” Mr Chauhan summed up.
source economictimes epaper
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #27
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

cross posting from the energy thread

Power generation in MP increases by over 3,000 MW in 5 yrs

Quote:
Power generation in Madhya Pradesh has increased by 3,147 MW to 6,138 mw, as compared to merely 2991 MW in 2002-03.

"The power generation has now increased to 6138 MW, registering an increase of 3147 MWs in less than five years", an official release said. Newly commissioned 50 MW unit of Birsinghpur thermal power plant and 210 MW Amarkantak unit have also led to rise in power generation.

During last four years, the state government spent Rs 2,166 crore on purchasing 5,561 million units of power.
During the last three years, round the clock power supply to industries was ensured, it said.

The department has attributed present shortage of power to truant monsoon and global warming. Due to paucity of rains, most of the water reservoirs in the state do not have adequate water and thus power generation work has been affected.

The water level of Indira Sagar stands 11.5 metre below the last year's level. This shortfall is 25 feet in Gandhi Sagar and 9.3 metre in Pench Project.

Another factor of short supply is closure of Central government's power plants Vindhyachal (500 mw), Korba (500 mw) and 210 mw Sanjay Gandhi unit of the state government due to annual maintenance work.

Power is being supplied for 22.30 hours at divisional headquarters, 20 hours at district headquarters, 16 to 17 hours at Tehsil headquarters and 12 to 14 hours in the rural areas, the release added.
source economictimes.com
Old August 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #28
phaedrus
resU deretsigeR

**WRONG THREAD**

Last edited by phaedrus; August 9th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.
phaedrus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #29
GJ10

Likes (Received): 665

MP to tie up with Gwalior firm for SEZ

Quote:
After a long wait of two years, the MP government has decided to join hands with Gwalior Agriculture Company Ltd (GACL), a subsidiary of Gwalior Sugar Company Ltd (GSCL), a Dabra-based firm (Dabra is 42 km south of Gwalior), which has proposed a special project comprising a special economic zone. The company may also join hands with the Airports Authority of India.

The project will be completed with an investment of Rs 20,000 crore. The project will be completed in four phases.

The first phase will create an aviation facility, the second will have an air-cargo and logistics hub, the third will develop an industrial or agro-processing park, while the fourth phase will create a township, medical tourism, a biotech university and a leisure destination.

“The state government has joined hands with the company as an equity partner against a land area, which has been impounded under the Ceiling Act and a case is pending in this regard at the High Court,” said Kailash Vijayavergiya, government spokesperson and cabinet rank minister, adding, “the project will provide jobs to thousands of people”.

The Project Clearance and Implementation Board (PCIB) had given in-principle clearance to the project. This project also involves foreign direct investment of Rs 6,000 crore.

But a government source told Business Standard, “This way the company will be able to save its land, which it has lost under the Ceiling Act.”

The company has proposed to join hands with Singapore-based consultant Jurang International, a Singapore airport consortium.

The project will be a single real estate project offering employment to 60,000 people, while planning a township for 200,000 people.

Earlier a proposal submitted to the PCIB claimed to have 3,800 acres for the SEZ and the aviation and cargo hub, 770 acres of urban land for township development, and 4,000 acres for agriculture development.

“The company had asked for state government support for 10,000 acres to complete the project. The project will take at least five years to complete,” the minister said.

The company has sufficient water and power, with a 60 Mw Manikhera dam to start production soon and another 17 Mw power project has been proposed on a co-generation basis from bagasse and agro waste.

According to company documents, the aviation facility will have an aviation maintenance centre for India and South East Asia, a landing, parking and maintenance facility for super liners like AB-380s and Boeing 787s, parking bays for 90 aircraft, a training centre for pilots, cabin crew, simulating facility, flight catering.
Same SEZ, slightly different details...

Madhya Pradesh plans $5bn Aviation City

Quote:
BHOPAL: Madhya Pradesh is planning India's first aircraft repair and maintenance facility and cargo hub - an aviation city - to be set up at a co
st of Rs.200 bn ($5 bn).

"At present the nearest such facility is in Singapore," state minister and government spokesperson Kailash Vijayvargiya told reporters Tuesday.

The facility will be located at Dabra in Gwalior district, the minister said, adding: "A cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh decided that the state government will provide 7,000 acres of land for the aviation city."

"The major portion of the land for the project belongs to Dabra Sugar Mill and the rest will be provided by the government. It will also have a cargo hub," Vijayvargiya said.

"It will be the country's first aviation city and will have facilities for repair and maintenance of aircraft.

"At present there is no such facility in India and airlines have to go to Singapore for such work as it is the nearest city where such facilities are available," he said.

"A joint venture with the Singapore-based company that runs the Singapore facility is being planned," he said without naming the other Indian companies will participate in the proposed joint venture.

Vijayvargiya also said that the city is expected to come up in the next five years at an investment of Rs.200 bn ($5 bn) and would initially provide jobs to 25,000 people which will go up to 100,000 later.

Last edited by GJ10; October 4th, 2008 at 05:49 PM.
GJ10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM   #30
India101

Likes (Received): 2641

sorry! wrong thread!

Last edited by India101; October 30th, 2008 at 11:12 AM.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM   #31
amco_in

where its come in indore

wow nice mall, where it is come? and who builds this mall.
regards
amco
amco_in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2008, 04:22 AM   #32
ankushgupta
BANNED

Likes (Received): 156

New ROB (8 Lane) @ Indore

ankushgupta no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM   #33
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

Likes (Received): 22

Taj Safaris’ two new destinations

Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces has launched two new ‘Safari’ destinations in the forests of Madhya Pradesh. Taj Safaris will now include the luxury lodges Pashan Garh and Banjaar Tola in Panna National Park and Kanha National Park respectively. This takes the total number of luxury lodges to four in the State. The company has also tied up with the eco-tourism company and safari operator, Conservation Corporation Africa, to ensure that its destinations implemen t sustainable conservation development and community empowerment efforts. At Kanha, Banjaar Tola consists of two riverine camps each with nine tented suites. At Pashan Garh, in Panna National Park, Taj is offering 12 private stone cottages atop a small hill with a view of the forest and nearby water hole. The destination is not far from Khajurao which is also connected by flight from Delhi.

Source: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...1050850200.htm
Rasnaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:16 PM   #34
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

MPTDC undertakes development projects at Pachmarhi and Bhopal

Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (MPTDC) has undertaken two development projects at popular tourism destination Pachmarhi and capital, Bhopal. Both projects funded by MPTDC and are expected to be completed by month end. As part of the first project MPTDC will deploy two new houseboats, one motorboat and operate a cruise at Tava Dam, a water body at Pachmarhi. A resort at Dela Wadhi near Bhopal, part of the second project has been launched last week and the marketing and promotion of the same will is expected to be in place by month end. Comprising of a total of 30 rooms including Swiss Cottages, the resort will be promoted as an Ecotourism product. Both these projects are aimed at increasing the flow of international and domestic tourist to the destinations.

“In the domestic sector our target clients are from Bengal, Maharashtra, Gujarat and National Capital Regions (NCR),” informed Om Vijay Choudhary, General Manager, MPTDC, New Delhi. MPTDC also recently renovated its existing office at Hotel Janpath in New Delhi. The office, which recently received the ISO 9001:2000 certification for quality maintenance also bagged ‘National Award for Best Tourism Performing State’ from Government of India (GOI).

Source: http://www.hospitalitybizindia.com/d...aid=2573&sid=1
Old November 20th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #35
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

PowerGrid to spend Rs 7,031 cr on Sasan project

New Delhi, Nov. 19 Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) announced on Wednesday that it plans to spend Rs 7,031 crore to build the transmission system associated with the 4,000-MW Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project (UMPP) in Madhya Pradesh.

The investment in the Sasan UMPP transmission project is part of the Rs 55,000 crore that the State-owned transmission major plans to spend over the next five years to increase inter-regional transmission capacity from 17,000 MW at present to 37,000 MW.

The Sasan transmission project has a commissioning schedule of 48 months from the date of investment approval, and revenues from the project are likely to flow in following the proposed commissioning of the Sasan power station by around the end of the Eleventh Plan period.

Apart from the Sasan transmission investment, the board of directors of PGCIL, at its meeting held on November 18, also gave investment approval for system strengthening in the Northern Region Grid for the Karcham Wangtoo hydro project at an estimated cost of Rs 328 crore, PGCIL said in a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange. The commissioning schedule of the 1000-MW project, being executed by Jaiprakash Associates’ subsidiary Jaypee Karcham Hydro Corporation Ltd, is 33 months from the date of investment approval.

Source: http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...2052390300.htm
Old December 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #36
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

MP gets ADB aid to promote energy efficiency

The Asian Development Bank will provide technical assistance of $1.7 million to Madhya Pradesh for setting up an Energy Conservation Fund to raise finances for energy-efficiency projects. The state government, on its part, will contribute an equivalent of $0.4 million. ADB's assistance will support the financing of initial operational expenditure. Madhya Pradesh becomes the first Indian state where the Energy Conservation Fund would be implemented, Neside Tas-Anvaripour, Principal Energy Specialist, for ADB's South Asia Department, told Projectmonitor in an emailed response.

The proposed ECF will complement the ongoing Madhya Pradesh Power Sector Investment Programme, she explained, also saying that the decision of extending ECF to other states will be taken in due course. Consultants for ECF were appointed in June this year, she noted. The existing MPPSIP focuses on reducing the gap between supply and demand, and improving efficiency in transmission and distribution.

The ECF will have a state-wide reach (not only rural areas) and will address projects that bring about energy efficiency, Anvaripour remarked. The technical assistance will also include outreach and awareness programs to create an environment conducive to the ECF and establish credence among the diverse group of stakeholders whose involvement in energy efficiency is crucial to the success of the ECF.

The potential for energy savings in India is enormous, as energy efficiency projects alone could create nearly 25,000 mw of capacity, and energy conservation projects could save 23 per cent of total generation. Energy savings is very pertinent to India in its effort to bring power to all by 2012.

"With proper policies, awareness and training, energy conservation and efficiency could ensure better supply of energy to needy customers and reduce the burden on power sector companies during peak supply hours," Anvaripour concluded.

Source: http://www.projectsmonitor.com/detai...17517&secid=32
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #37
Euromast
Mast Malang

Likes (Received): 1486

Madhya Pradesh set to get its own IIT
Quote:
The government has approved a site at Mhow near Indore for setting up an IIT in Madhya Pradesh. The Ministry of HRD has given its nod for the site comprising over 500 acres of land. The site is about 25 km from Indore and has all the necessary facilities.

“A government committee had earlier visited the site and found it proper from the point of view of future and growth prospects of the institute,” a senior ministry official said. The government had earlier given its approval for setting up of an IIT at Medak in Andhra Pradesh and Jatni in Orissa. Mhow, was the military headquarters during World War and is one of the beautiful towns in central India. The military cantonment was founded in 1818 by Sir John Malcolm and is located in Malwa Plateau
Euromast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:54 AM   #38
Rasnaboy
I love you Rasna!!

NTPC approves Rs 6,000 crore of investment

NTPC Ltd has announced that its board had cleared investment of Rs 6,037 crore for three super thermal power projects. The board approved investment of Rs 5,915 crore for setting up two new units of 500 mw each for the Vindhyachal super thermal power project in Madhya Pradesh.

Investments worth Rs 122 crore were also approved for renovation and modernisation of the 2x500 mw Rihand project in Uttar Pradesh and the 3x500-mw Korba project in Chhattisgarh.

Source: http://www.projectsmonitor.com/ENERG...-of-investment
Old March 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM   #39
BHOPAL EXPRESS

Likes (Received): 17

Modernisation of Bhopal, Indore airports on fast track

19/2/2009

The ongoing modernisation process of Bhopal and Indore airports is on fast track now, as the various crucial infrastructure projects at both the airports would officially commence on Friday. International flights are likely to commence from Bhopal within one year.

Union Minister for Civil Aviation Praful Patel is specially coming to Madhya Pradesh to lay the foundation for infrastructural projects. With the commencement of these projects, the State will inch closer to international air connectivity.

An important phase in the already underway process of upgrading Raja Bhoj Airport at par with international standards with the foundation laying of the state of the art ''Integrated Terminal Building'' on Friday. The modern complex with all the facilities available in other international airports is likely to be completed by the end of 2009. The swanky complex is likely to cost around Rs 126 crore.

Bhopal Airport director JP Alex informed that the proposed Integrated Terminal Building would be completed by the end of the current year. He added that the runway expansion was going on smoothly and almost 60 per cent expansion work was already complete. He also added that other infrastructure development projects at the airport were also going on speedily. Bhopal is being upgraded at par with international standards a cost of Rs 350 crore and with a total area of 386 acres.

A similar complex is also proposed at the Indore airport, which would be built at a cost of Rs 115 crore and in an area of 1,800 square metres. "The new terminal building is likely to be completed by December 2009," said Indore Airport director RK Singh. He added that runway expansion to make it 9,000 feet long and other basic facilities were likely to be completed by June 2010. With the completion of the proposed hanger at the airport, space for parking 10 planes would be made available.

The proposed terminal at Bhopal will be fully air-conditioned and will be equipped with escalators and modern lifts. A modern shopping complex would be developed inside the terminal building. Besides, aero-bridge and control tower would also be the part of this complex.

The integrated terminals at both Bhopal and Indore would have sufficient space for sitting space for around 700 passengers. This includes 200 passengers from international flights and 500 passengers of domestic flights.

The proposed terminal at Bhopal would also enhance the existing parking facilities at the airport. Only four planes are parked with the existing facilities and the proposed complex would have the parking space for 13 planes. It will also have enough parking space for around 500 four-wheelers.

Meanwhile, the runway expansion is already on at Raja Bhoj airport. The expansion is being carried out in two phases and it would acquire the length of 11,500 feet as per international norms. As much as 60 per cent of the work in runway expansion has been done and the expansion is likely to be completed by March 2010. With the completion of runway expansion, Bhopal airport would be ready for receiving international flights.

Other facilities proposed at the Bhopal airport include Approach Lighting System, Cargo Hub and a four-lane approach road to the terminal building. These facilities are likely to be started in the near future.

Union Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel would lay the foundation for various projects in Indore at 11 am and later in the day he would reach Bhopal airport.

SOURCE - http://www.mpurban.gov.in/News/frm_N...px?newsid=2247
BHOPAL EXPRESS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 12:31 PM   #40
BHOPAL EXPRESS

Likes (Received): 17

NON METRO AIRPORTS INITIATIVE

Good job Praful Patel.

Last edited by BHOPAL EXPRESS; March 2nd, 2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: repeat post
BHOPAL EXPRESS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement