#Projects: South Brisbane | Kurilpa | West End | Highgate Hill - Page 160 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #3181
perheps

Likes (Received): 516

Political may be change mind anytime soon after trouble with no room for hotel area in Brisbane then may be decided find good place for 63 floors 200 metre in South Brisbane.
Rumours from inside political mentions “Can have two no more over 200 metre skyscrapers and only have hotel nothing more”.
Seem like no resident or office for 200 metre in South Brisbane after all I think.

This would be great for Southbank near future and they’re may be start drawing up now.
perheps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 08:30 AM   #3182
Macca-GC

Likes (Received): 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn View Post
Maybe not, but there are a lot of state government assets in the area, perhaps as part of the convention centre, i.e. over the railway lines, or on Stanley Place, physically separate to the Cultural Centre or as new extension as per renderings I posted. Or even as part of the future Kurilpa development.

Never say never, just look at Crown Sydney rising, far in excess of Sydney City Council's height restrictions because it's not on council controlled land.
This would have been possible pre-2013, when the state controlled South Bank Corporation held planning powers over the South Bank area, however this has since been handed back to BCC.

The only way it could happen now is if the state declared a Priority Development Area (PDA), which BCC would oppose (as they did for all other PDAs in Brisbane). Ironically, this would place the LNP as being opposed to the development.

I really can't see it happening. While I think a landmark tower would be great to give the area some character, I think the 30 storey limit is working well, and is by no means stifling development. It doesn't need to be lifted, so why would you shake that hornets nest.
Macca-GC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement