SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NYAMIRA COUNTY | Development News and Discussion

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  amtarch20 
#1 ·

Nyamira County
Kenya

Projects and Developments

Welcome to the Nyamira County thread.
This thread consists of news, images, video and discussion relating to developments in the Nyamira County area.

Area: 912.5 km2

Capital: Nyamira

Population: 598,252

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't think the county performed a cost-benefit analysis for this project. What makes them think this might work when Kisumu Airport is not even operating at half its potential while the nearby Kisii, Migori, Homabay, and Kericho airstrips lie idle?

#5 ·
One thing that I've come to appreciate about SSC Kenya, is it provides visibility to the different levels of development going on countrywide. You get a chance to see how different regions/counties are utilizing the gift that is devolution to help improve the lives of their citizens. You can get a clear snapshot of the likes of Kakamega, Mbsa, Makueni and recently Kisumu et.al whose government's have been investing prudently to execute their respective mandates. Then you have the likes of Nyamira which is not even halfway through the first page of the thread 🤦‍♂️. There are a million things that would be more prudent to invest in here than an airport -- but what do you expect from a seemingly incompetent county government leadership

#6 ·
Airports are not just for international travel. I being from nakuru appreciate the airport for many reasons. I want to be able to fly MSA- Nakuru, NKU- KSM, NKU-NRB. I remember during the pov of 2007/8 we had no way of leaving the country apart from the Nku-nbi highway. Also I can imagine tourists would want to fly indirectly into Nakuru airport to sample lake nakuru national park.

So there might be some local demand for Nyamira not necessarily international demand like KSM airport.

#7 ·
Airports are not just for international travel. I being from nakuru appreciate the airport for many reasons. I want to be able to fly MSA- Nakuru, NKU- KSM, NKU-NRB. I remember during the pov of 2007/8 we had no way of leaving the country apart from the Nku-nbi highway. Also I can imagine tourists would want to fly indirectly into Nakuru airport to sample lake nakuru national park.

So there might be some local demand for Nyamira not necessarily international demand like KSM airport.
....there is a concept called scaling up ...start small ensure the basics are taken care of then you become so jobless and start thinkng of projects like ths ...wats the point of flying in then drive on a muddy road ......when priorities are lost they get misplaced!!!!, ths is wat we get my pple.....

#14 ·
President visited Sironga in Nyamira county where the Government plans to build 10, 000 affordable housing units.
The project will be launched soon as the Government continues rolling out more housing projects to deliver on its promise to build 200, 000 affordable houses annually.

President Ruto said Phase 1 of the project which is expected to be launched in a few weeks time, shall provide 15, 000 jobs to the youths. CS Njeru thanked the Nyamira County Government for offering the land for the housing programme.
Other leaders who accompanied the President included Education CS Ezekiel Machogu, Kisii Governor Simba Arati and Nyamira Governor Amos Nyaribo.

#16 ·
The expansion and upgrading of Nyansiongo Market aims at increasing the number of traders conducting their businesses in a conducive and secure space. This investment will empower banana and avocado farmers besides facilitating our country’s economic growth. With Governor Amos Nyaribo, inspected the construction of Nyansiongo Modern Market in Nyamira County that will also ease congestion along the Sotik-Kisii highway.

The market, with a potential to attract traders from Bomet, Kisii, Homa Bay and Narok, is part of our broader Plan to build new markets in Keroka, Esise, Kahawa, Kemera, Ikonge and Nyamira Town. Later in Ekerenyo, commissioned the Misambi-Ekerenyo Market that will enhance agricultural activities, improve market performance and enhance delivery of services to wananchi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.