KUCHING | Sarawak (Kuching Division) | Division , District & State Capital City - Page 834 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #16661
shazmiey

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
i use A330 for kch kl route last week 2pm flight. not cargo flight
It is CNY, they upgauge the flight because festive season. Pretty common during raya and CNY.
shazmiey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #16662
Ibroe2k11

Likes (Received): 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1301614 View Post
The Indian Mosque is opened to public already?

Official opening 1st March (Friday).
Ibroe2k11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #16663
Boggleboy

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:
Yes, Kuching is focusing in the right direction. Invest and build up more tourist attraction sites first so that more direct international flights can be made more economical.
I hope they also upgrade public transport asap. The existing bus service is almost non-existent.

Discover Kuching, the hidden gem of Borneo

jun6253ppl liked this post
Boggleboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #16664
Boggleboy

Likes (Received): 1269

Do more for India Street, govt urged
https://www.newsarawaktribune.com.my...ovt-urged/?amp

The crowd that has gathered at India Street Pedestrian Mall during the Chap Goh Mei 2019 celebration. Photo: Mohd Alif Noni

KUCHING: More projects need to be proposed to the state government to liven up India Street, said Datuk Abdul Karim Rahman Hamzah.

“We can work together with the state government to make this street much better in the future. We have been doing a good start by putting up the roof.

“More needs to be done, and I agree with (India Street Pedestrian Mall Committee chairman) Datuk Wee Hong Seng on the proposed weekend night market along this street, as we can make this street much like Jonker Walk in Melaka,” he said.

“Putting up lighting along the roof and shop houses will make it more vibrant and lively.

“Make it like Melaka city. Tourists from other countries can learn the culture while visiting Sarawak,” he added.

“We need contractors to start from a piece of paper and propose to the state government so that we can liven up this area. A lot of activities are needed here as this is one of the main attractions for tourists.

“By the end of this month, we expect to see our electric bus that is free for everyone to utilise for going around the city,” Abdul Karim said.

“Besides that, we can also start with a day-without-vehicles campaign, at least once in two weeks where we can use the day to walk around and enjoy the city.”

Abdul Karim added that the state government was working with Malindo Air to bring in direct flights from Guangzhou, China to Kuching to replace the flights from Shenzen by AirAsia Berhad.

Discover Kuching, the hidden gem of Borneo
Boggleboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:00 AM   #16665
Nigelgan

Likes (Received): 22

Did he just said the electric bus is free for everyone?

AtChdage liked this post
Nigelgan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:51 AM   #16666
Jason Koh

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelgan View Post
Did he just said the electric bus is free for everyone?
For the first 3 months if not mistaken. I read it from newspaper
Jason Koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #16667

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggleboy View Post
Quote:
Yes, Kuching is focusing in the right direction. Invest and build up more tourist attraction sites first so that more direct international flights can be made more economical.
I hope they also upgrade public transport asap. The existing bus service is almost non-existent.
Strongly agree. Currently, the most urgent is to have Airport buses to transport tourists from KIA to Kuching city center areas. Hope the electric bus next month will accomplish this role.

jun6253ppl liked this post
1301614 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:01 AM   #16668
coolman89

Likes (Received): 95

Kuching-Shenzhen Passenger Load for 23 Feb

KCH-SZX 88%
SZX-KCH 89%

This is consider very good load, too bad this route comes to an end this month.

AtChdage liked this post
coolman89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:13 AM   #16669
McWilkins

Likes (Received): 1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman89 View Post
Kuching-Shenzhen Passenger Load for 23 Feb

KCH-SZX 88%
SZX-KCH 89%

This is consider very good load, too bad this route comes to an end this month.
Load is not the important thing. For AA, will the load be the same if the price goes up higher? AA has to reduce the price of the ticket to make this load happen.

Another factor is that are the more inbound than outbound? How is the feedback regarding Kuching? Do they want to visit and recommend Kuching to acquaintances in China?

Last edited by McWilkins; Today at 05:19 AM.
McWilkins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #16670
McWilkins

Likes (Received): 1072

For an European, Kuching is a complete package. For Asian tourist, what they find in Kuching can be found back home. Ignore Sarawak food. Sometimes we over exxagerate our food attraction. Maybe to the point that we are too proud of it then it became over rated for some people. Focus on the product that caters every tourist type then we'll be good to go. I am quite happy to see more and more construction of resorts ongoing in Buntal-Damai and Lundu-Sematan section. Beachy resort will be a thing now. Start small, the big investment will come!
McWilkins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:55 AM   #16671

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWilkins View Post
For an European, Kuching is a complete package. For Asian tourist, what they find in Kuching can be found back home. Ignore Sarawak food. Sometimes we over exxagerate our food attraction. Maybe to the point that we are too proud of it then it became over rated for some people. Focus on the product that caters every tourist type then we'll be good to go. I am quite happy to see more and more construction of resorts ongoing in Buntal-Damai and Lundu-Sematan section. Beachy resort will be a thing now. Start small, the big investment will come!
Very good observation and reasoning here. Glad that Sarawak is starting to develop the coastal areas and improve tourism facilities in those areas. Next, Sarawak must invest in public transport to link these attractions together.
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #16672
coolman89

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Load is not the important thing. For AA, will the load be the same if the price goes up higher? AA has to reduce the price of the ticket to make this load happen.

Another factor is that are the more inbound than outbound? How is the feedback regarding Kuching? Do they want to visit and recommend Kuching to acquaintances in China?
I traveled on this route several times, inbound and outbound quite healthy as per my observation. Fare average RM300+ one way, sometimes up to RM700 one way.

I believe Kuching got the market, but takes time to prove.

Jason Koh, Boggleboy liked this post
coolman89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 AM   #16673
kiko

Likes (Received): 504

malindo will be good choice. i hope they can further expand on aussie route. how about kch - hanzhou. the load is oK ? as for AA kch - shenzhen comin march is my 4th time using it. i can assure that most of my flight it turn to more than 100 pax. as i ever mention before i experience flying with only about 30 person for BKI - BSB route on RBA.
kiko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #16674

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman89 View Post
Quote:

I traveled on this route several times, inbound and outbound quite healthy as per my observation. Fare average RM300+ one way, sometimes up to RM700 one way.

I believe Kuching got the market, but takes time to prove.
Agree. I took AirAsia direct flight from Kuching to Shenzhen last December. The airfare is RM300+ one way. The flights to and fro are almost full. Just 3 to 5 empty seats. Kuching really got the market. This flight suspension is due to politics, very obvious by now.

Ibroe2k11 liked this post
Old Today, 04:04 PM   #16675
tbc

Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
..... The flights to and fro are almost full. Just 3 to 5 empty seats. Kuching really got the market. This flight suspension is due to politics, very obvious by now.
If that being so, and Kuching-Bao'an route being as lucrative (what a hefty sacrifice on Air Asia's part, all for sake of political correctness) Kuching International should be looking forward to having direct non-stop flights from Shenzhen mounted by any of the numerous Chinese carriers very soon

sesoon liked this post
tbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:12 PM   #16676
tbc

Quote:
Invest and build up more tourist attraction sites first so that more direct international flights can be made more economical.
I've been trying to digest that, but cannot figure out how having more/better "tourist attraction sites" in Kuching/Sarawak could possibly make it cheaper for airlines to operate into/out of KCH - care to elaborate ?
Old Today, 04:56 PM   #16677

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
Quote:
Invest and build up more tourist attraction sites first so that more direct international flights can be made more economical.
I've been trying to digest that, but cannot figure out how having more/better "tourist attraction sites" in Kuching/Sarawak could possibly make it cheaper for airlines to operate into/out of KCH - care to elaborate ?
Having more/better tourist attraction sites will not make it cheaper to operate in and out of Kuching. It just makes it more economical for Kuching to have more direct international flights. The cost of operation may not be cheap, but the increased number of tourists travelling to Kuching will help to cover the operating costs and thus, make it more economically feasible and sustainable in the long-term.
Old Today, 04:59 PM   #16678

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
Quote:
..... The flights to and fro are almost full. Just 3 to 5 empty seats. Kuching really got the market. This flight suspension is due to politics, very obvious by now.
If that being so, and Kuching-Bao'an route being as lucrative (what a hefty sacrifice on Air Asia's part, all for sake of political correctness) Kuching International should be looking forward to having direct non-stop flights from Shenzhen mounted by any of the numerous Chinese carriers very soon
Yes, hope a few Chinese carriers will consider mounting direct flights from Shenzhen to Kuching. The load was very good as proven by AirAsia.
Old Today, 05:10 PM   #16679
tbc

Quote:
..... make it more economically feasible and sustainable in the long-term.
Ok got it, if you meant 'economically feasible' - sort of attaining the necessary critical mass thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement