Bengaluru | Kempegowda International Airport | BLR - Page 511 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2019, 08:39 AM   #10201
Yooraj

Likes (Received): 1

I just want to double check. In lieu of Scoot Airlines merging with Singapore, Singapore Airlines is now going to have 2 flight to BLR in one day. One lands at around 11 and the other at 1. Which one of these is going to be the a359? Or is it both?
Yooraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2019, 08:42 AM   #10202
Yooraj

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shre mys View Post
Another a350 treat just a day before the first A350 arrival in BLR ,, quite great !!!!
Hey guys any planespotters here?? , Tomorrow night and Saturday early morning we will be receiving the first Airbus a350s operated by Singapore airlines. so please guys do post your photos , videos, vlogs, youtube link to see the grand entrance of a350-900 to BLR apron. thanks guys
I just want to double check. In lieu of Scoot Airlines merging with Singapore, Singapore Airlines is now going to have 2 flight to BLR in one day. One lands at around 11 and the other at 1. Which one of these is going to be the a359? Or is it both?
Yooraj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 01:01 PM   #10203
Shre mys

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooraj View Post
Sir, I hope your queries are cleared....
[IMG][/IMG]
SQ will be operating a new flight(SQ503/504) with A359, and upgrade the existing flight(SQ502/503) from B772 to A359

patel2897 liked this post
Shre mys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 08:31 AM   #10204
Shre mys

Likes (Received): 10

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxk5Uh4l..._web_copy_link
a link showing some of the photos of A350 in BLR.
Sorry for sending the link, cuz instagram here in the webpage isnt responding

patel2897 liked this post
Shre mys no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2019, 12:32 PM   #10205
ManjunathK

Likes (Received): 11

The QUAD by BLR

The QUAD by BLR is an open-air lounge at BLR airport

Some of the prominent eateries at Quad by BLR are Windmills Craftworks, CCD, Cafe Azzure, and Barley & Grapes Cafe, Frozen bottle etc

patel2897, Vrikodara liked this post
ManjunathK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2019, 02:49 PM   #10206
ChennaiPlaneSpotter

Likes (Received): 3056

KLM to start 3x weekly AMS-BLR from W19
Old May 22nd, 2019, 03:19 PM   #10207
Indiadreams
indiadreams

Likes (Received): 1844

This just reinstates the fact that all long haul international routes of 9W are highly profitable!!!

The way the foreign airlines (especially the skyteam) reacted so quickly is amazing. btw, these are not final. Expect few changes as they continuously evaluate opportunities to switch the capacity from elsewhere!

KLM made further adjustments to BOM and DEL too in W19.

Only if Jet had been careful with domestic network, we would not have seen this situation!
Indiadreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:21 AM   #10208
90sKid
Outsider

Likes (Received): 3304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiadreams View Post
This just reinstates the fact that all long haul international routes of 9W are highly profitable!!!
Hardly..

All it suggests is that the "partners of 9W" have found that the "west-bound feed" from BLR has grown large enough for KLM to attempt the route, albeit at a lower frequency on a plane whose capacity is almost the same as Jet's A330. Keep in mind that SF/KLM had a 'metal neutral" agreement with Jet, so they've been selling KLM tickets on 9W flights all along..

IMO, this is still a very encouraging development for BLR.
90sKid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:38 AM   #10209
Indiadreams
indiadreams

Yeah , that is what I mean! They have enough data to know the route economics (barring the fixed costs at BLR, where KLM would have higher cost than Jet especially with a 3 weekly service). They have adjusted their network amidst slot constraints and aircraft shortage, even if it means a 3 weekly frequency. In fact it is a new station for them.

I agree, it is bit premature to declare anything. But it is pretty clear that the biggest problems of Jet were with its domestic network.

btw, India needs to sign open skies at least with these countries! There is no point signing open skies with US, as no sane private airline is going to connect India-US in loads in the medium term!

90sKid liked this post
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:49 AM   #10210
90sKid
Outsider

I did hear something about new rule like "open skies to all countries farther than a five hour flight". Apparently to encourage non-stops flights beyond the usual DXB/SIN. Don't know status of that, though..
Old May 23rd, 2019, 04:49 PM   #10211
sscm

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sKid View Post
I did hear something about new rule like "open skies to all countries farther than a five hour flight". Apparently to encourage non-stops flights beyond the usual DXB/SIN. Don't know status of that, though..
Interestingly enough, some of the European countries have been reluctant to sign up for this, even when the Indian side offered open skies unilaterally. So we are still stuck with limited BASAs for the time being with many countries which are otherwise eligible for it.
sscm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 06:01 PM   #10212
Indiadreams
indiadreams

It seems UK (barring slot constrained LHR) and Netherlands have open skies policy with India. Germany and France are the only missing candidates.

There is no meaning of open skies with other countries outside 5000 km radius! The demand is mainly form nations within the radius. At the same time India wants opens skies with SAARC (not difficult to guess why).

Frankly there needs to be a proper study on the impact of open skies just like how US, UK or Japan did! Just enforcing some random opinion with a restrictive mindset is not a solution as the economy struggles because of the lack of connectivity options. Crippling a nation for benefiting a few corporate bodies is not a right policy (especially without a formal study engaging 360 degrees consultation)

Naveenmech liked this post
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:06 PM   #10213
killerk

Likes (Received): 1726

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChennaiPlaneSpotter View Post
KLM to start 3x weekly AMS-BLR from W19
I don't understand this concept of 3 weekly flights to a destination (AMS) that depends mostly on hub traffic!! How can this be successful if it is not atleast 6 times a week or daily?
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2019, 07:28 PM   #10214
Indiadreams
indiadreams

The network of alliance partners (read AF) comes in handy!

BOM started with a 3 weekly!

All European hubs are heavily congested and has no room for growth! They may test with a small service; expand or roll back depending on the performance.

With increasing air traffic, there is no option but to develop more hubs in the Eurasia belt. The countries with high per-capita income will obviously have to take the load off these European hubs to keep the fares in check.

killerk liked this post
Old May 23rd, 2019, 09:05 PM   #10215
killerk

Quote:
The network of alliance partners (read AF) comes in handy!

BOM started with a 3 weekly!

All European hubs are heavily congested and has no room for growth! They may test with a small service; expand or roll back depending on the performance.

With increasing air traffic, there is no option but to develop more hubs in the Eurasia belt. The countries with high per-capita income will obviously have to take the load off these European hubs to keep the fares in check.
A friend was telling me that with the prolonged Pakistan airspace ban which might continue beyond May solely with the intent to disrupt air traffic to north India might in the long run benefit the south Indian hubs... not to bring regionalism, but talking from a pure operational perspective, I think we are beginning to see the effects of that!!
Old May 24th, 2019, 03:39 AM   #10216
90sKid
Outsider

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
I don't understand this concept of 3 weekly flights to a destination (AMS) that depends mostly on hub traffic!! How can this be successful if it is not atleast 6 times a week or daily?
Transit traffic on other days is routed via CDG on Air France.
Quote:
A friend was telling me that with the prolonged Pakistan airspace ban which might continue beyond May solely with the intent to disrupt air traffic to north India might in the long run benefit the south Indian hubs... not to bring regionalism, but talking from a pure operational perspective, I think we are beginning to see the effects of that!!
Bangalore getting direct flights to Europe/one-stop to NA on Foreign carriers doesn't take away from North India. It takes away from the ME3, IMO.

We're simply seeing the effects of organic growth of the third largest airport in India. 9W started something, KLM takes it onward..
Old May 24th, 2019, 06:13 AM   #10217
Indiadreams
indiadreams

It doesn't affect ME3 either. They are full with the artificially restricted seat quota!

This is just a replacement of what Jet was doing!!

But given that the European hubs are overcrowded, India has to be content with lower number of flights and high fares! Europeans themselves are relying on middle eastern carriers for travel towards the East/Oceania to reduce the load on the own airports.
Old May 24th, 2019, 06:31 AM   #10218
Indiadreams
indiadreams

Quote:
India doesn't have premium traffic to create something called international hubs in the medium term. The maximum one can get is what Jet did at BOM and DEL .Probably, Vistara is looking to replicate the same.

IMO, the Pak Air space closure hardly affects anything except for 2-3 commercial flights from US/Canada-DEL. DEL has enough premium traffic to sustain the extra 1 hour to Europe and Middle East!

Ofcourse it affects AI the most! But is that network even commercially viable???(now I cant go to AI thread to write this)
Old May 24th, 2019, 08:31 AM   #10219
somersalf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscm View Post
Interestingly enough, some of the European countries have been reluctant to sign up for this, even when the Indian side offered open skies unilaterally. So we are still stuck with limited BASAs for the time being with many countries which are otherwise eligible for it.
BLR-AMS is used mostly as transit to North America. So it would affect ME3.

Quote:
Pakistan airspace closure has hit the Delhi most. While fully sparing Mumbai and Bangalore.
Old May 24th, 2019, 08:52 AM   #10220
killerk

Quote:
India doesn't have premium traffic to create something called international hubs in the medium term. The maximum one can get is what Jet did at BOM and DEL .Probably, Vistara is looking to replicate the same.

IMO, the Pak Air space closure hardly affects anything except for 2-3 commercial flights from US/Canada-DEL. DEL has enough premium traffic to sustain the extra 1 hour to Europe and Middle East!

Ofcourse it affects AI the most! But is that network even commercially viable???(now I cant go to AI thread to write this)
Nope, pretty much any flight coming from west to India has to fly over the Arabian sea and then fly north over Mumbai to access airports in North India.. Worst hit is Qatar airways that has to take an S-shaped route to access Delhi...In Flightradar24, one can see the build up of air traffic towards BOM along the Arabian Sea... The ATC at BOM has to deal with probably 5 times the normal traffic to manage this diversion!! It also includes flights to the far east flying over India and southern Chinese cities!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airport, bangalore airport, bengaluru, bengaluru airport, bial, kia