Commieblocks of Russia - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Projects and Construction > Commieblocks Fan Club

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Old October 9th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #21
geoff189d

Likes (Received): 38

Those "creepy" blocks in St Petersburg look magnificent! Very impressive and very metropolitan.
geoff189d no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #22
67tall

Likes (Received): 0

Hello Fellas!

Last edited by 67tall; May 29th, 2016 at 11:12 AM.
67tall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #23
pets

Likes (Received): 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67tall View Post
The Standart 2-room (50-70 meters square)appartament in such commieblock in Moscow inside of MKAD cost is around 300 000-400 000 USD (!!!!) This is not joke, this is real, Europe and the USA relaxes vs Moscow prices.
and i was think that we have hi prices in estonia.. how you can buy them with that price at all?
pets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 25th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #24
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2897

Moscow has a lot of discounting programs.
void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #25
disciple9
The last disciple

^ A friend of mine, who is from moscow, reported the same thing. Moscow's real estates marekt has a significant problem, at least for those who are looking for an apartment in Moscow. More and more people leave Moscow because life isn"t anymore affordable with a standard income. This is an intertesting development there in Russia. What will Moscow be in 20 years? A place for super millionaires?

I am not sure, but I think to move to the outskirts of Moscow isn't an alternative because travelling with 3 suburban trains and interchanging to the metro etc. isn't something what you like to do everyday. Driving in Moscow isn't a pleasure as well. But I think Iluminat can report the same thing from Warsaw and the same statement about highly expensive flats holds for Prague, Kiev and Bratislava, too.

Conclusion? We need more commieblocks! In Germany they are torn off, to produce a fictious housing shortage. It is in the interest of realtors to have rents on a high level. But I doubt that cities which trust in this kind of development meaning that they only attract rich poeple possess a good infrastructure since there isn't something like a master plan existing for such a huge city. capitalism just can't compete to the intelligence of planning regarding the needs of people. Such kind of planning will only prefer a minority - namely poeple with a very high income.

It is an development which can be seen in every modern city, and I think there is at all no solution to it except the real estate market would be nationalised to stop such a development.
disciple9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:01 PM   #26
void0
BANNED

St.Petersburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star2007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star2007 View Post

Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:05 PM   #27
void0
BANNED

St.Petersburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatron View Post
и дворы,которые полгода назад были месивом и сейчас благоустроены и с детскими садами. Прошу любить и жаловать

Old November 6th, 2010, 07:37 PM   #28
echo
commieblock enthusiast

Likes (Received): 34

I'm just flabbergasted. I don't know what to say. I was just watching and watching these pics in this tiny thread and was constantly flabbergasted. This is so awesome presented in these pictures! How I wish to be there and walk in the middle of those blocks and see them in real life! I'm just flabbergasted... For the next few hours at least. Yes, I knew before that there are nice and big blocks but when I really see them, even on pictures - I don't want to repeat myself, but - I'm flabbergasted. Big thanks to all who have photographed them!!!
echo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #29
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 17

nice commie blocs...a bit too high I would say

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple9 View Post
^ A friend of mine, who is from moscow, reported the same thing. Moscow's real estates marekt has a significant problem, at least for those who are looking for an apartment in Moscow. More and more people leave Moscow because life isn"t anymore affordable with a standard income. This is an intertesting development there in Russia. What will Moscow be in 20 years? A place for super millionaires?

I am not sure, but I think to move to the outskirts of Moscow isn't an alternative because travelling with 3 suburban trains and interchanging to the metro etc. isn't something what you like to do everyday. Driving in Moscow isn't a pleasure as well. But I think Iluminat can report the same thing from Warsaw and the same statement about highly expensive flats holds for Prague, Kiev and Bratislava, too.

Conclusion? We need more commieblocks! In Germany they are torn off, to produce a fictious housing shortage. It is in the interest of realtors to have rents on a high level. But I doubt that cities which trust in this kind of development meaning that they only attract rich poeple possess a good infrastructure since there isn't something like a master plan existing for such a huge city. capitalism just can't compete to the intelligence of planning regarding the needs of people. Such kind of planning will only prefer a minority - namely poeple with a very high income.

It is an development which can be seen in every modern city, and I think there is at all no solution to it except the real estate market would be nationalised to stop such a development.
its all about supply and demand
well commie in Slovakia-Bratislava 30 years old -90m squared is around 70,000.- to 130,000.- (euro) on the market
and
new one is around 1900.- for m sqare
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #30
warden987

Likes (Received): 908

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
I'm just flabbergasted. I don't know what to say. I was just watching and watching these pics in this tiny thread and was constantly flabbergasted. This is so awesome presented in these pictures! How I wish to be there and walk in the middle of those blocks and see them in real life! I'm just flabbergasted... For the next few hours at least. Yes, I knew before that there are nice and big blocks but when I really see them, even on pictures - I don't want to repeat myself, but - I'm flabbergasted. Big thanks to all who have photographed them!!!
Well, usually there is not much folk being all that enthusiastic about commies, especially foreigners about Russian commies,at least so overtly, so thank you.
To keep this tiny thread coming here, I'll repost some more pictures.

Commies from Novosibirsk, under construction

Some examples from Krasnodar,mostly already built

Quote:
nice commie blocs...a bit too high I would say
Special bonus, low and midrise commies from Krasnodar

Courtesy and all the credits go to the Russian subforum.

Last edited by warden987; November 7th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
warden987 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 10:25 PM   #31
disciple9
The last disciple

I have very mixed feelings about looking at all these new commies in Russia. It is not meant to insult anybody, these are just thoughts and nothing is really rationalised.

So...at least Russia is building new commie neighbourhoods. Thats very very nice, but...It seems something like "lets take all the commietypes which have already been studied in the 70s and put them with very high density somewhere in the middle of nowhere". Russia is (or was?) so famous for wide open spaces between commies, what has happened to that kind of architectural culture (just think of Строгино or Чертаново Северное) ??? Thats what I am missing in all these gigantic newly built commie areas of Russia. BTW: what about public transport in all these gigantic newly built neighbouthoods? All these flats aint worth a dime if it takes 3 hours by riding the subway to inner city centre.

and then another question: who is paying for all these projects? these are investment groups, am i right? This is not town XY building for their inhabitants, so nothing communal, but just something to make quick money. This is something very different the ex-soviet commie culture is coming from. so the hypothetical (master)plan is missing....
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #32
warden987

Quote:

So...at least Russia is building new commie neighbourhoods. Thats very very nice, but...It seems something like "lets take all the commietypes which have already been studied in the 70s and put them with very high density somewhere in the middle of nowhere". Russia is (or was?) so famous for wide open spaces between commies, what has happened to that kind of architectural culture (just think of Строгино or Чертаново Северное) ???
Indeed, I agree that avaricious developers try to coop up as many commies as possible and as tallest as possible in the least territory possible. So that's why I called those commies from S.Petersburg "creepy"above. But in fact there is still present old good Soviet( in a good sense) planning in many places. This one for instance.

But well I agree that most commies look dated, a flashback from the 80s and 90s. Another problem that worries me even much more is that notwithstanding a rather big increase in a number of living housing projects in Russia of different types, there are still too few renovated commies overall in Russia. I would prefer to see an old commie neighborhood from the 70-80s thoroughly renovated and with well-appointed surroundings than 2 new districts with +25 story commies.

Quote:
Thats what I am missing in all these gigantic newly built commie areas of Russia. BTW: what about public transport in all these gigantic newly built neighbouthoods? All these flats aint worth a dime if it takes 3 hours by riding the subway to inner city centre.
Mostly new commie neighborhoods are not that huge as they were in the Soviet times, please take note also of the fact that there is almost no urban sprawling in Russia,so even the newest commies neighborhoods are not that far from the center. Many commies are erected in place of the old torn down shacks and other rundown housing and old industrial zones that used to be almost or even in a city center, so 3 hours are a bit too much I think. I think that it takes just 1 hour at the very outside to get from the remotest commie to the very city center. Buses usually do their stuff here. The only exceptions may be Moscow and Saint Petersburg.

Quote:
and then another question: who is paying for all these projects? these are investment groups, am i right? This is not town XY building for their inhabitants, so nothing communal, but just something to make quick money. This is something very different the ex-soviet commie culture is coming from. so the hypothetical (master)plan is missing....
Indeed the pictures I posted( from Novosibirsk and Krasnodar) are paid partially by the government program of resettling residents from the Far North to the Central Russia. As you can see commies do not have any tinge of originality, so they are just for ordinary people. They are some programs also right now in Russia as Young Family where young families are given credits on favorable terms to buy a new flat and then it may be a span of up to 10 years to pay it off( note families of 2 and more children get a grant of 200 000-300 000 rubles or maybe more, I don't know right now what exactly this sum is it may be a way over 500 000 rubles(almost 15 thousand dollars), on their bank account( so-called maternity capital), which may spend either on new housing or education for their children. I know many houses that are mostly settled by people participating in this program. Also to the 55th anniversary of WW2 victory there was a program in Russia to settle all the war veterans in new houses, so it also accounts for a number of flats. After all, if you have real money,you will want a better flat in a better commie such as this

Last edited by warden987; November 10th, 2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #33
pets

Likes (Received): 78

warden987, i think too there are some really nice shots! new 12 floor hi with yellow-orange/red-white color scheme ( http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/1008/f1/ca1932de32c8.jpg ) are really good looking! I'm sad that we don't build that style housing anymore in estonia
pets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 07:34 PM   #34
disciple9
The last disciple

How great is the percentage of Russians living in commieblocks? (source provided please and maybe someone also got info about other nations concerning this question)
Old December 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #35
Ivanski
инто спейс

Likes (Received): 37

These ones are kind of interesting. Nice color, got the 'projects' touch.

Quote:
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #36
warden987

Quote:
How great is the percentage of Russians living in commieblocks? (source provided please and maybe someone also got info about other nations concerning this question)

I think it might be up to 70 percent. Sorry, no source at this time, maybe in future if I find anything.
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #37
void0
BANNED

St.Petersburg

Quote:
ЖК Монплезир

ЖК Лотос

ЖК Богатырский,напротив Пионерки

старый корпус

новый корпус

ЖК Поэма у трёх озёр

ЖК Прагма хаус

ЖК Золотая гавань

ЖК Новое созвездие

и таких комплексов по городу десятки и десятки...превращаемся в Китай.
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #38
warden987

A new commie district "Slavianka" in the suburbs of Saint Petersburg. Still mostly under construction on these pictures taken this September. Right now a big part has already been finished.Note the absence of highrises.

Pictures are taken from here http://baltrosgroup.ru/gallery/cat:61 There you can find other galleries.
Old December 5th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #39
void0
BANNED

St.Petersburg
Quote:
пляж в Озерках...(фото не моё)

Old December 5th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #40
warden987

Kurkino District in the north-west part of Moscow. Built in the early 2000s, houses are not that tall comparing to other parts of Moscow.

Scrollable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
commieblocks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: