Commieblocks of Russia - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > General European discussions > Projects and Construction > Commieblocks Fan Club

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #61
disciple9
The last disciple

Since in Russia nearly everything is made up from commieblocks, everybody can have a view for its own. In the russian thread "Вид из моего окна!"

Russians really seem to have a different idea of living. Even for me some pictures are disconcerting. I only can see this ocean of concrete and nothing but tons of squares with inner yards surrounded by huge concrete walls. There is little or no variation, which should not mean something bad, but some facades really feel sick to me and mostly trees or some kind of "nature" is missing.

Is there any book available which discusses the claim of soviet architects but describes the circumstances in reality? Everything feels so arbitrary and a little bit of scary and although there has been a form of planning, sometimes really chaotic. In some pictures it is really hard to spot the idea of planning. Maybe some of the Russian forumers can help me out with a good book or a kind of documentary concerning the topic of soviet mass housing and maybe in comparison to other eastern block countries. Thanks in advance!

disciple9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM   #62
evian

Likes (Received): 7666

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple9 View Post
Since in Russia nearly everything is made up from commieblocks, everybody can have a view for its own. In the russian thread "Вид из моего окна!"
This is not true. Many people live in their own homes, is actively developing the suburbs.
evian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:45 PM   #63
disciple9
The last disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by evian View Post
This is not true. Many people live in their own homes, is actively developing the suburbs.
That is even more worse than russian Commies. Say hello to America's suburb hell! There is also something in between.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 21st, 2011, 05:11 PM   #64
evian

Quote:
That is even more worse than russian Commies. Say hello to America's suburb hell! There is also something in between.
We have built all kinds of housing, so that there is no emphasis on any kind of.
Show, what in your opinion Commies-quality.
Old September 21st, 2011, 10:14 PM   #65
disciple9
The last disciple

Quote:
We have built all kinds of housing, so that there is no emphasis on any kind of.
There is no doubt about it, but Russia has a very high percentage of mass housing with a extremely high density of people living per square kilometers, at least in cities, you can't neglect that. When I browse your Russian subforums I can even spot that 30 storey buildings have been built between a planned and solid soviet commie-neighbourhood. That is pure crap in terms of living standards. I think I can understand the Russian situation of a high demand of living space but the standards used to be better even in soviet times.

Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:28 AM   #66
xvoidx

Likes (Received): 1048

We have thread about Commiehouses

Many of people says that they are better than commieblocks!!!

Look at this!!!

I think we should open Commiehouses Fan Club

Last edited by xvoidx; September 22nd, 2011 at 02:38 AM.
xvoidx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:40 AM   #67
xvoidx

Aah! Russian spring

I'm love in it!
Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:42 AM   #68
evian

Well done, showed the worst of all and gave a reality. Of course such a lot of places, but it's not everywhere.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And there are many such examples.

geometarkv liked this post
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:43 AM   #69
disciple9
The last disciple

Thx, for all these pictures! But I have to say that I am not a fan of this kind of architecture. It destroys urbanism and is a sponge to urban planning. It leads to more traffic and air pollution. It is a development backward in time. I am not really aware of the term 'commiehouse'? What is it?

One has to admire that in the pictures you have shown evian, one can see trees and nature. Something what is absolutely missing in newly build Russian commieblocks. Soviet planning at least claimed to build flats in a recreational space, but the achievement mostly looked somewhat different.

And another point; who is able to afford such a house? Is it more expensive than buying a flat in of those commie-highrisers in the inner city?

Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:22 PM   #70
evian

Quote:
Thx, for all these pictures! But I have to say that I am not a fan of this kind of architecture. It destroys urbanism and is a sponge to urban planning. It leads to more traffic and air pollution. It is a development backward in time. I am not really aware of the term 'commiehouse'? What is it?

One has to admire that in the pictures you have shown evian, one can see trees and nature. Something what is absolutely missing in newly build Russian commieblocks. Soviet planning at least claimed to build flats in a recreational space, but the achievement mostly looked somewhat different.

And another point; who is able to afford such a house? Is it more expensive than buying a flat in of those commie-highrisers in the inner city?
All the prices are different, depending on the region, the quality, level, location and many other factors.
Yes, the house was in such areas be much more expensive than an apartment in the commies. Although there are very cheap options houses, it is usually temporary, wood and decorated with siding.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:22 PM   #71
xvoidx

Quote:
I think only 0.1% of people lives in such houses Most of people lives in houses like I posted -> https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...8&postcount=66
Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:16 PM   #72
evian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvoidx View Post
I think only 0.1% of people lives in such houses Most of people lives in houses like I posted -> https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...8&postcount=66
This is not true. You showed only Vladivostok, in which private home in a terrible state.

Here's the routine of the house in Volgograd

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/slava2007s/view/570671/

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/slava2007s/view/570669/

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/slava2007s/view/564005/

«Субурбия» на Яндекс.Фотках

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/slava2007s/view/584134/

http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/slava2007s/view/571515/

geometarkv liked this post
Old September 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM   #73
disciple9
The last disciple

Don't start a flame war, since this is thread is about commieblocks in Russia. Sorry evian, but all your residential zones you have shown can't compete to all the advantages of planned. urban living of good, solid commieblocks. If I would like to live in a village then I move there rather to initialize one in the inner city. This type of architecture seems to be misplaced and you really have to expend a lot of money to have a nice property which seems suitable for a nice house. If neither one of these factors is fulfilled then it just looks cheesy.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:27 AM   #74
xvoidx

Quote:
This is not true. You showed only Vladivostok, in which private home in a terrible state.
I shown Kazan Vladivostok almost doesn't have private houses. Most of houses you shown are much expensive than apartments in commieblocks, and only small number of people can have such houses.
Old September 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #76
disciple9
The last disciple

Interesting site which gathers some information about commieblocks from Moscow...from then till now!

http://mniitep.ru/

PS: and some groundplans, all from Moscow I guess

http://1dom.ru/seriadoma/

http://www.ssrr.ru/upload/Image/planirovka/

Last edited by disciple9; September 26th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old September 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM   #77
disciple9
The last disciple

Another interesting blog mixed up with all kinds of stuff and also some layouts of Russian commieblocks. there you go (unfortunately it is a little bit chaotically organized a direct link for every type of block would have been better....you can't have anything

http://proektikdoma.ru/

Old September 30th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #78
QuestPC

Likes (Received): 0

disciple9 Russia has one of the worst availability of housing around the world, I mean the ratio of average square meter price to average wage. Many people are forced to give half of wage for flat rent, or having a painful live of 3-4 generation in the same flat (with scandals).

However, the wage inequality is extremly strong as well, so many people can afford just a room with neighbors and many families of father mother and child are happy to live in single-room flats (really small by Western standards). However, some people, like my boss, who earns 8x of me, are living in their multi-level modern, separate houses. But there are not so many. Most of separate houses are very old, single-level, wooden ones.

If one is watching for a better-looking urban house, but do not have the money of top manager, Stalin housings are the best. They are spaceous enough (although less than modern elite's houses) and have good architectural styling. They are tasteful, modern are tasteless.

It was Khruchev, who is so much loved in the west comparing to dreaded Stalin, who started to ruin Russian architecture, building some of the most smallest, crappiest commieblocks around. There is a rumor that someone presented him a views of inexpensive housings built for low-income people during his visit to America (mostly Black people) and he loved it.
QuestPC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 10:39 PM   #79
disciple9
The last disciple

xvoidx has already explained similar things to me. I couldn't believe it that you have to pay nearly 400 euros for a gostinka flat in Vladivostok and about three times the price in Moscow or Petrograd. I used to have a friend who lived in Moscow and he told me of his relatives that they live far outside of Moscow and need a 2 hours train ride to get in the city and they do this everyday just to get to the university or their office. They just can't afford a flat directly in Moscow.

But one can generalize this problem because it is obvious to most of the big cities in Europe (as far as i know), that renting a flat has gone worse in financial aspects for the tenant. The prices have exploded and it even became a legerdemain to find a flat without bribing the realtor in some way.

Old October 3rd, 2011, 11:30 PM   #80
Xpressway
SSC Platinum+ Member

Likes (Received): 4835

Fascinating, i just can't get enough of russian commieblocks.
Xpressway no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
commieblocks

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: