THE SAFFRON | Kuala Lumpur (Sentul East) | 24 fl x 2 | 17 fl x 2 | Completed (2008) - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pangsapuri

Pangsapuri completed and under construction residential projects & high-rise living

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #1
Greg

Likes (Received): 64

THE SAFFRON | Kuala Lumpur (Sentul East) | 24 fl x 2 | 17 fl x 2 | Completed (2008)

sorry small picture

Last edited by Greg; October 26th, 2005 at 05:36 PM.
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2005, 02:39 AM   #2
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 50

It's still in Sentul...
Old October 27th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #3
Greg

What's wrong with Sentul?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 27th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #4
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 254

here's the link..

http://www.propertynetasia.com.my/Ne...ya/TheSaffron/
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM   #5
Subangite

Likes (Received): 0

Why name it after a spice? Whats next? "The turmeric"?
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #6
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subangite
Why name it after a spice? Whats next? "The turmeric"?

I have no idea....maybe they wanna 'spice it up' a lil I think naming it after native spices makes it sounds more exotic......like The Tamarind.....very original!
Old October 28th, 2005, 02:10 AM   #7
fairul
VAMOS RAFA

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong
I have no idea....maybe they wanna 'spice it up' a lil I think naming it after native spices makes it sounds more exotic......like The Tamarind.....very original!
The Tamarind also in Sentul right? how about The Maple at Sentul West..kinda funny too..but none of it can top MyHabitat..
fairul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:22 PM   #8
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

Yeah weird names. Luckily Binjai was named based on the street it is located else can't rationalise it at all! We have Jalan Petai and Jalan Jering in *cough*Taman Cheras*cough*.
MyHabitat..sounds like some forum username.
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #9
hypermount

Likes (Received): 22

LOL MyHabitat cracks me up.
hypermount no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:41 PM   #10
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by baqthier
We have Jalan Petai and Jalan Jering in *cough*Taman Cheras*cough*.

Eh......Taman Cheras where got Jalan Petai and Jalan Jering? We have Jalan Lobak, Jalan Durian , Jalan Serai Wangi, Jalan Bawang, Jalan Pelaga, Jalan Selasih, Jalan Kaskas, Jalan Halia Bara and Jalan Ketumbar.

Luckily I stayed at Jalan Ketumbar and not Jalan Durian ( which is the street behind mine ). Wah.....Imagine Jalan Ketumbar in English - Coriander Street
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #11
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

oops..no jalan petai..but got jalan jering..more powerful than petai

Old October 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #12
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Eh? That part called Jalan Jering meh? I tot the whole stretch is Jalan Halia Bara? Gotta ask my uncle since he's staying there Actually the map not that accurate esp the Jalan Cheras Lama part.
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM   #13
Subangite

Now if they really want to spice up their building names... how about naming them... say, menara belacan, petai towers, the cincalok.
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2005, 10:38 AM   #14
SEED

Likes (Received): 6

soon we'll hav mamak tower, laksa tower, curry tower, mutabak tower, cempedak tower and etc... i think i've heard of a street in Penang called cempedak street and cabai street..
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:43 AM   #15
ZaHiRnYa???

Nothing wrong with a name liao.
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:47 AM   #16
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Yeah..come to think of it Menara Multipurpose sounds funnier
Old November 15th, 2005, 02:33 AM   #17
SK2000

what i heard about the project in sentul by YTL is :
Sentul east - development for shopping paradise (vibrancy & hapenning places) condo's name using spice... red & hot
Sentul west - park living concept (greenery & art) condo's name using tree - green & relaxing
SK2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:08 AM   #18
ZaHiRnYa???

WELCOME TO THE FORUM SK2000
Old July 8th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #19
nazrey

Likes (Received): 13792

YTL’s The Saffron secures 60pc pre-launch sales
July 8 2006
BusinessTimes

YTL Land & Development Bhd’s latest residential development in its Sentul East development — The Saffron —has registered pre-official launch sales of 60 per cent.
The Saffron consists of four high-rise towers containing a total of 467 freehold units.

“When we started our registration exercise for The Saffron last year we were consciously aware of the soft market conditions, and the general health of the local real estate market,” YTL Land & Development executive director Datuk Yeoh Seok Kian said in a statement.

He said Malaysia’s relaxation of legislations on property purchases by foreigners has led the company to successfully court buyers from across Asia and Europe.

Yeoh said buyers for Saffron have come from as far as Hong Kong, the US, the UK, and mature Middle Eastern markets like Dubai and Qatar.

With two blocks at 17 storeys and two blocks at 24 storeys, The Saffron’s outstanding façade is set to alter Sentul’s already changing skyline, the statement said.

This is further complemented by the extensive landscaping provided within the condominium complex, comprising three separate pools for both serious swimmers and kids, themed gardens with play structures for children, and the 0.4ha Saffron Park.

Units are priced from RM239,000 onwards. They are available in different layouts starting from 1,000 sq ft onwards.
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM   #20
Greg

The Sun Daily, 11 July 2006

By Loo Pik Kwan

PETALING JAYA: The Saffron, the second condominium in Sentul East under YTL Land & Development Bhd's billion-ringgit urban renewal development, has registered 60% sales.

According to the developer, the RM150 million project has attracted foreign buyers from Hong Kong, the US, the UK, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.

On the foreign interest, its executive director Datuk Yeoh Seok Kian said: "Given Malaysia's climate for foreign investment, we saw a large opportunity for the local property sector in foreign markets. The relaxation on foreign purchases and the Malaysia My Second Home programme have made it easier for developers to market their products overseas. The impact has been tremendous, as we've successfully courted property markets across Asia and in the UK and Europe as well."

Yeoh added that when the company started its registration exercise for The Saffron last year, the property market conditions were soft. "The only way to ride this dip in the cycle was by providing homes that meet the most stringent quality standards."

Developed by a subsidiary, Sentul Raya Sdn Bhd, The Saffron comprises 467 units housed in four blocks. With two blocks of 17 storeys and another two of 24 storeys, the built-ups are from 1,000 to 1,873 sq ft. Prices start from RM239,000 and the maintenance fee is 25 sen psf.

Sited on 4.6 acres of freehold land, the units come in five sizes and layouts. There are 3-, 3+1 and 4+1 bedroom units. Some units on the podium deck offer a private garden and water features. It is scheduled for completion in March 2009.

The surroundings will have extensive landscaping and features three pools, themed gardens and a one-acre Saffron Park. The Tamarind, which is the first development by YTL Land & Development in Sentul East, was launched in 2002. The four-block development has a total of 498 units and a gross develop ment value of RM130 million.

Meanwhile, the Sentul Link, which will connect Lebuhraya Mahameru to Sentul, is sched uled to open next month. With the opening of the flyover, motorists can expect smoother travel between Lebuhraya Mahameru and Jalan Sentul. The link, a Design & Build project under Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur, is undertaken by a YTL subsidiary, Syarikat Pembenaan Yeoh Tiong Lay Sdn Bhd. It was to have been completed by the middle of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement