The Judicial Branch of Government - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old July 10th, 2019, 08:17 AM   #41
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 9875

As always, kasalanan na naman ng Demon lord

The classic Disente tactic: appeal to "emotion"

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 10th, 2019, 09:27 AM   #42
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2131

^ Good thing, nobody believes their BS... Only the Dilawans believe Diokno.

If he was truthful, then why did he agree to have the case dismissed? Why did the SC Justices side with Calida?

Pag Dilawan talaga, tapon pinag-aralan… Tapon utak… Tapon ethics para sa pulitika.
Old July 11th, 2019, 02:44 AM   #43
absinthe_888

After a day's silence now comes the SCREAMING HEADLINE

Push lang...

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old July 11th, 2019, 10:28 AM   #44
fretburner

^ Another one-sided article by the landlords who got kicked out of Makati and forced to pay 2B PhP.

Sige lang... Tuloy nyo lang yan. Tingnan natin kung lumaki kita nyo sa dyaryo
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 07:50 AM   #45
Max Lock

Likes (Received): 553

Max Lock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 07:52 AM   #46
Max Lock

Old July 13th, 2019, 08:10 AM   #47
Max Lock

Old July 16th, 2019, 09:52 AM   #48
absinthe_888

It was only a matter of time...

Palpak kalikasan petition = Martial Law spin

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old July 16th, 2019, 10:41 AM   #49
fretburner

Dude is a pretentious cvnt. He's the male version of Risa, only uglier.
Old July 17th, 2019, 02:01 AM   #50
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 1031

Malakas loob nya na kahit mawalan ng license since di na nya need magpractice actively as a lawyer, now that he has entered politics... need lang nya dumikit sa mga ibang politico to help push their agenda and hopefully get himself elected in the next election... kailangan lang nya na continuous mag-ingay at maki-ride sa issues in the next 3 years. eheheh
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 06:45 AM   #51
absinthe_888

Soli ang P10M

Attention MSM: Remember that MLS was QW'ed.

SC voids contracts of IT consultant hired by Sereno - sources
Mike Navallo, ABS-CBN News
Posted at Jul 18 2019 03:14 AM

Quote:
MANILA—The Supreme Court en banc on Tuesday voided all the contracts it entered into with an information technology (IT) consultant hired by former Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno.

Voting 11-3, the high court invalidated the contracts of Helen Macasaet because it violated the Procurement Law, according to 2 reliable sources.

The court also ordered Macasaet to return all her consultancy fees, amounting to more than P10 million covering a period of 4 years.

Macasaet was hired as consultant in 2013 to work on the judiciary’s Enterprise Information Systems Plan (EISP) and other related computerization and ICT projects. Among her tasks was to automate 2,700 courts nationwide. Her contract ended in November 2017.

Macasaet’s hiring, which did not go through public bidding, and her allegedly excessive fees were among the grounds raised by lawyer Lorenzo Gadon in his impeachment complaint against Sereno.

Gadon alleged these acts constituted betrayal of public trust, a ground for impeachment.

It was revealed during the hearings before the House of Representatives early last year that Macasaet earned as much as P250,000 a month and it was the office of the then-Chief Justice who handled her hiring, in violation of procurement rules according to an internal investigation report of the high court.

It was also divulged Macasaet was a friend of Sereno’s then-chief of staff, lawyer Ma. Lourdes Oliveros.

But Oliveros told lawmakers Macasaet, who had more than 3 decades’ experience in the industry, was hired on her own merits.

Sereno’s camp defended the hiring, saying it went through negotiated procurement, a process authorized under the Government Procurement Reform Act, because Macasaet’s services were highly technical.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old July 18th, 2019, 08:05 AM   #52
fretburner

Who will burn the bridge? Sereno or her consultant?

10M is 10M. Returning it would be painful.
Old July 18th, 2019, 05:28 PM   #53
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4759

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Palpak kalikasan petition = Martial Law spin

Hoy Chel Diokno, you're father wasn't the only one jailed, even killed etc. So stfu and do your proper lawyerly job which you did not. This is not about you nor father but your competency, comprende?
Old July 18th, 2019, 06:06 PM   #54
Max Lock

Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 35 of General Santos City junks Kapa petition
source: SunStar
Quote:
THE Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 35 of General Santos City dismissed the petition for injunction of the Kapa-Community Ministry International Inc. against the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), citing that it has no jurisdiction on the issue.

In a SEC statement issued on Wednesday, July 17, read that the General Santos City court junked the petition for injunction as it resolved the motion for issuance of a show-cause order subsequently filed by Kapa, against SEC for the revocation of the former’s corporate registration despite the then-pending court proceedings.

“Accordingly, the motion is hereby denied and this case is hereby ordered dismissed,” Presiding Judge Oscar P. Noel Jr., ruled in an order issued last June 17, after taking judicial notice on Kapa’s trading of securities.

It can be recalled that the religious firm, which is facing criminal complaints for soliciting investments from the public without the necessary license, filed the petition last April 4 after the Commission ordered Kapa on February 14 to cease and desist from selling and offering securities, in the form of investment contracts and in the guise of donations, from the public without the necessary license and further offering 30 percent monthly “blessing.”
Old July 18th, 2019, 06:40 PM   #55
fretburner

Di pa rin nahuhuli si Apolinario?

His minions tried to make Digong the devil for shutting them down. I guess they're 1.5% of the 3% who disapproved.
Old July 19th, 2019, 03:48 AM   #56
Valorian

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Attention MSM: Remember that MLS was QW'ed.
Alam naman nila yan, kaso mas maganda kung negative lagi ang nasa balita lalo kung hindi pabor kay Digong
Valorian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2019, 01:21 PM   #57
absinthe_888

Back to the drawing board.

Okay lang, Atty. MLS will get MASSIVE air time this coming Monday.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old July 19th, 2019, 04:37 PM   #58
absinthe_888

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old August 7th, 2019, 06:12 AM   #59
absinthe_888

Tulis mo GA

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old August 7th, 2019, 06:35 AM   #60
absinthe_888

SC lifts TRO on Mamasapano Sandiganbayan trial
Mike Navallo, ABS-CBN News
Posted at Aug 07 2019 09:42 AM | Updated as of Aug 07 2019 11:52 AM

Quote:
MANILA (UPDATE) – The Supreme Court has lifted the temporary restraining order on the Mamasapano trial at the Sandiganbayan, the Supreme Court Public Information Office confirmed Wednesday, paving the way for possible action on the withdrawal of the graft and usurpation of authority charges against former President Benigno Aquino III.

“Upon verification with the Chief Justice, I would like to confirm that the Supreme Court has lifted the TRO on the Mamasapano trial before the Sandiganbayan,” SC public information office chief Brian Keith F. Hosaka said in a text message.

Two sources earlier told ABS-CBN News the magistrates voted to lift the TRO during their weekly en banc session Tuesday.

Aquino is facing graft and usurpation charges in connection with the January 25, 2015 police operation in Mamasapano, Maguindanao that ended in the deaths of more than 60 people, including 44 members of the Special Action Force (SAF).

Charged with Aquino are former Philippine National Police chief Alan Purisima and former PNP-SAF director Getulio Napeñas, Jr.

The charges were filed with the Sandiganbayan in November 2017 during the time of former Ombudsman Conchita Carpio-Morales.

But relatives and family members of the SAF commandos, collectively known as SAF44, filed a petition with the Supreme Court asking that Aquino be charged instead with reckless imprudence resulting in homicide, a move supported by Solicitor General Jose Calida.

The high court issued a TRO in February last year, just before Aquino, Purisima and Napeñas were set to be arraigned.

In June this year, Ombudsman Samuel Martires moved to withdraw the graft and usurpation charges against Aquino, saying he found no sufficient ground and evidence but “without prejudice to the filing of appropriate charges against the accused after the conduct of preliminary investigation.”

In July, Sandiganbayan Associate Justice Alex Quiroz said the anti-graft court will wait for the SC to lift the TRO before it could act on the Ombudsman’s motion.

According to ABS-CBN’s sources, it will be up to the Sandiganbayan to decide whether or not to allow the withdrawal of the charges.

Martires’ move raised concerns it will lead to the filing of more serious charges against Aquino.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement