Drug Decriminalization Thread - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old October 15th, 2016, 06:58 PM   #61
RayQ
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1932

The President is for legalization of medical marijuana as long as it is approved by the FDA.

Skip to 16:12 of the interview

RayQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2016, 03:05 PM   #62
baybum7

Likes (Received): 597

California has now legalized recreational marijuana. Us? We are still in the dark ages.

RayQ liked this post
baybum7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #63
RayQ
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1932

28 States in the US have legalized Marijuana in either medicinal/recreational form.

With a big state like California (my state) legalizing marijuana recreationally, other states will follow.

Hopefully the world follows also.

After Cali just legalized it, this will be my first time trying it
RayQ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2016, 04:06 PM   #64
Sleepwalker
Plug 'n Play

Likes (Received): 4014

I think the thread title should only be about Legalization of Use of Marijuana. Kasi wala naman ibang drugs na may medicinal properties maliban lang siguro doon sa mga tinuturok para maibsan ang sakit na dinaramdam.
Old November 11th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #65
skyflakes222

Likes (Received): 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybum7 View Post
California has now legalized recreational marijuana. Us? We are still in the dark ages.
I think we should wait for a few more decades before everyone is up to speed and responsible enough to use marijuana for recreation. I believe our society is much too misinformed and irresponsible (as well as poor) to legalize recreational marijuana just like that. Medical marijuana being approved is baby steps but at least it's in the right direction.
skyflakes222 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 11:25 AM   #66
baybum7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyflakes222 View Post
I think we should wait for a few more decades before everyone is up to speed and responsible enough to use marijuana for recreation. I believe our society is much too misinformed and irresponsible (as well as poor) to legalize recreational marijuana just like that. Medical marijuana being approved is baby steps but at least it's in the right direction.
It's the job of the state to regulate and enforce this. You can't put too much faith on the public. Anyone will take advantage of any loopholes or (in our case) indifference/inaction from the government.
Old February 7th, 2017, 10:53 AM   #67
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 9880

In fairness, Riza H is making sense here

Kung ganito ba naman ginagawa mo lagi, trabaho hindi maging mouthpiece ng partido mo eh di okay...

===

Senate bill legalizes marijuana use for medical purposes
Published February 6, 2017 2:31pm
By KATHRINA CHARMAINE ALVAREZ, GMA News

Quote:
A Senate bill intended to provide a comprehensive public health approach to the country’s drug-related policy is also seeking to legalize the use of marijuana upon the approval of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Under the proposal of Senator Risa Hontiveros, “the delivery, possession, transfer, transportation, or use of cannabis and other dangerous drugs intended for medical use or to treat or alleviate a patient’s medical condition or symptoms associated with his or her debilitating disease...shall be allowed upon application to and approval of the Food and Drug Administration.”

Also allowed is the “acquisition, administration, cultivation, or manufacturing for medical experiments, research, or for creation of new types of medicines” with the approval of FDA.

“The patient, caregiver, physician or medical researcher who delivers, transports, uses, acquires, administers, cultivates, or manufactures dangerous drugs for medical purposes shall be exempt from criminal liability,” the bill added.

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 04:28 PM   #68
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 9880

Medical MJ = Okay / Rec Use = Not Okay

Philippines Votes to Legalize Medical Marijuana in Middle of Drug War
Newsweek
Eleanor Ross
Newsweek9 March 2017

Quote:
xxx

As the mayor of Davao City, Duterte conceded cannabis might be useful medically, despite his strong opinions against its use as a recreational drug. “If you just smoke it like a cigarette, I will not allow it, ever. It remains to be a prohibited item and there’s always a threat of being arrested. If you choose to fight the law enforcement agency, you die.

“Medicinal marijuana, yes, because it is really an ingredient of modern medicine now. There are drugs right now being developed or already in the market that (have) marijuana as a component.”

<snipped>

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2017, 04:09 PM   #69
richard fischer

Likes (Received): 1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayQ View Post
Some states in the US allows consumption of marijuana as long as it is prescribed by doctors.

I think it should be the same in the country.
Some States in the US have legalized Marijuana consumption without any restrictions. In Switzerland it is not penalized except on the streets. In Holland you can consume it legally in designated coffee shops all around the country.

As long as you can manage your body&brain, I see no reason to forbid it. But that does need a string personality. Compared with alcoholic beverages like liquor, whiskey, gin or vodka, tests in Europe have proven, that alcohol is the "dirtier" drug than marijuana, and results in quicker and stronger addiction too. Even tobacco in cigarettes are more devastating to your health and actually guarantee addiction, mostly ending in death.

Not so marijuana.....
richard fischer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #70
Magniko
DDS(Davao Dabbing Squad)

Likes (Received): 910

Marijuana does cause some sort of addiction, similar or worse to that of tobacco and sometimes even alcohol
It also contains more tar than tobacco, so it's far more harmful if smoked
Magniko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 02:01 AM   #71
baybum7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybum7 View Post
Try to read my post again. We're not pushing to legalize ALL currently illegal drugs, there's one specific 'illegal drug' that we are all pushing for legalization.

Plus, we will never win the war on drugs, especially when drug lords of highly toxic drugs can just pay off politicians. The old way of fighting drugs does not work anymore

We should look from outside of the box to resolve this.
2 years from my prediction, I was right. I'm only surprised he realized it this late. Simply forcing people and scaring them to stop drugs is the idiot's way of resolving this heavily multi-layered problem. Without truly understanding the root cause why people started using drugs. People just don't suddenly wake up with a needle on their vein.

Duterte: Drug war failed

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte has admitted his administration’s war on drugs was a failure.

At a campaign rally in Malabon City on Tuesday evening, Duterte, whose promise to eradicate illegal drugs in three to six months helped him capture the presidency in 2016, said the drug problem was “swallowing” the country.

He said the drug trade even worsened even if he had ordered that drug traders be killed.

Last edited by baybum7; April 10th, 2019 at 02:09 AM.
Old April 10th, 2019, 02:29 AM   #72
cesc_uk

Likes (Received): 503

The Philippines have no coast guards or marines to patrol its open Seas the reason we have smugglers and sea pirates...

The national police force not reliable to take criminals to justice without resulting to summary executions...

The foot soldiers not compensated enough not to allied themselves with war lords and drug lords...

The medical professions with quacks and herbalists and likely marijuana will become fair game to be prescribe by men or women who are Not legally allowed to prescribe or dispense...

The common men and women who are possible to use the medicinal marijuana might end up abusing and misusing or peddling or pushing recreational drugs...

The innocent people who are currently victims cannot be locked up so the drug addled brain of those drug addicts might be suffering from delusions or paranoia and likely won’t be able to win in the high court due to dimished responsibility... so are we to lock up the victims and give way to cannabis users to roam freely....
cesc_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2019, 02:36 AM   #73
baybum7

The US had the resources, but the DEA only had an efficiency of about 1% stoppage on drugs entering. And yet, we're doing the exact same thing with less resources, even with Columbia directly stating that what Duterte was planning won't work. You can try to find ways to stop the supply - but for as long as the demand is there, the suppliers will find a way to circumvent those road blocks.

In contrast, Switzerland and Portugal handled it differently and effectively.
Old April 16th, 2019, 12:23 AM   #74
cesc_uk

Likes (Received): 503

Recent Holllywood Films that had tackled Drug Addictions... ’’Beautiful Boy’’ with Steve Carrell and Timothee Chalamet and the other film ‘’Ben is Back’’ with Julia Roberts and Lucas Hedges..,
cesc_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2019, 02:22 AM   #75
lanz09

Likes (Received): 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magniko View Post
Marijuana does cause some sort of addiction, similar or worse to that of tobacco and sometimes even alcohol
It also contains more tar than tobacco, so it's far more harmful if smoked
Marijuana and tobacco have both medicinal benefit if used fresh just like barley, grapes, or other fruits. It is the drying, or fermenting that makes them harmful to human body. It is like consuming rotten leaves or fruits.
lanz09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement