Automotive Industry - Page 24 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old July 15th, 2019, 07:02 AM   #461
Romb

Likes (Received): 2872

Itong Isuzu Traga balak dalhin sa atin para sa Indonesian market lang kasing laki ng L300 kaso Euro2 din at right hand drive.Ang L300 kung sakali ang pinakamura nasa 700k plus at Euro4 dahil ang Hyundai H100 at Kia K2500 ay nasa almost 1m at parehong Euro2 lang
Romb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2019, 09:38 AM   #462
syumi

Likes (Received): 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb View Post
Itong Isuzu Traga balak dalhin sa atin para sa Indonesian market lang kasing laki ng L300 kaso Euro2 din at right hand drive.Ang L300 kung sakali ang pinakamura nasa 700k plus at Euro4 dahil ang Hyundai H100 at Kia K2500 ay nasa almost 1m at parehong Euro2 lang
wala na ngang euro2 dito sa Pilipinas. kulit mo.
syumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2019, 10:12 AM   #463
Romb

Likes (Received): 2872

Quote:
Originally Posted by syumi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb View Post
wala na ngang euro2 dito sa Pilipinas. kulit mo.
anong wala nag check nga ako sa site ng Hyundai Euro2 ang nakalagay sa spec ng H100
Romb está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2019, 04:16 PM   #464
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 4855

OMG this is too hilarious!!!

PH Toyota Rush units recalled as airbags may deploy due to potholes

Quote:
Toyota Motor Philippines (TMP) has announced that it is recalling local units of its popular mini-SUV owing to a defect in the electric control units (ECU) of the vehicle’s airbags. This affects Rush units produced from April 2, 2018, until February 7, 2019, the company says.

According to the car manufacturer, the defect can cause the Rush’s curtain shield airbags to deploy when the vehicle passes over road imperfections like potholes. All Toyota Rush units being sold in the Philippines come equipped with curtain shield airbags.
Another ONLI IN DA PILIPINS moment...

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection

Romb liked this post
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 05:05 AM   #465
Ph Man
Manila, PH

Likes (Received): 1003

Lol. So ganun ka lalim ang potholes? Or talagang sensitive lang yung mechanism?
Ph Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2019, 06:25 AM   #466
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2136

It's a defect. Potholes are not unique to the country.

Ph Man liked this post
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 03:24 AM   #467
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

I dunno...our potholes are crater sized and quite numerous.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection
Old July 17th, 2019, 08:30 AM   #468
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 9877

Especially now with the onset of the rainy [typhoon] season, asphalt olats.

But what I'm most disappointed about: the perennial road imperfections and small potholes along SLEX especially the vicinity of Monarch/Alaska. This has been going on since the PNCC years.

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 02:54 PM   #469
InfiniteJustice

Likes (Received): 27

Overloading kasi mga Trucks natin
InfiniteJustice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 03:22 PM   #470
winztotoy

Likes (Received): 11

My guess is this is just a software fix. Servicing this part in less than 30 mins is quite impossible. Also, this is an expensive part so replacing 10 months worth of production is a huge financial impact.
Old July 23rd, 2019, 06:38 AM   #471
absinthe_888

PRRD, #SONA2019

metrosuburban liked this post
Old August 8th, 2019, 07:28 AM   #472
~Winston~

Likes (Received): 46

No-tariff status for Korean autos eyed
Published August 7, 2019, 10:00 PM
By Bernie Cahiles-Magkilat

Quote:
The Philippines and South Korea are close to forging an agreement that will grant zero tariff on the importation of completely built up (CBU) units from the latter that will level the playing field on Korean cars with other CBU cars imported from ASEAN

Sources said that the Board of Investments (BOI) is extending the same duty-free privilege on imported CBU packs from South Korea on condition on hopes it will invest in car assembly in the country as well as grant other tariff concessions on some of Philippines’ agricultural exports.

Earlier, the Philippines has agreed to look into South Korea’s position that it removes the import duty for the latter’s cars and parts in exchange for investments in the production of electric motors and batteries in the country for the assembly of e-vehicles as both countries enter into negotiations for a “forward-looking” FTA.
Source:Click here

Not mentioned in the article is the signing date of the trade agreement, which is expected to be signed in November 2019.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"- Spock, Star Trek 2009
~Winston~ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2019, 10:38 AM   #473
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

So does that mean Hyundai and Kia cars will be cheaper once this trade agreement has been signed?

Old August 10th, 2019, 08:36 PM   #474
~Winston~

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
So does that mean Hyundai and Kia cars will be cheaper once this trade agreement has been signed?
Yes, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper. AFAIK, currently there is 5% import duties on vehicles(below 3000cc) and car parts imported from S. Korea. If it is not cheaper, then better standard equipment/s, unlike what they (Hyundai & Kia) are currently offering for the Philippine market. What I am looking forward is what was also included in the current trade talks between the Philippines and South Korea. S. Korea is keen on setting up shop here for their EV production. As I really want battery electric cars to really propagate/jump start in the Philippines.

I wish our next vehicle will be an electric vehicle, as it suits our needs, since most of my daily drives are really short and hardly ever drive long distances. I can only imagine the cost savings in maintenance, since there will be hardly any maintenance for an electric vehicle.

So if S. Korean car companies with the likes of Hyundai and Kia setting production of EV's here, prices of said EVs will be lower and hopefully the electric vehicle law would be signed by the government by the end of the year. Then EV prices would be competitive as gas/diesel vehicles.

https://www.bworldonline.com/electri...tkLK-zjKuYWW04

I really like the Hyundai Kona EV btw hehe, but it is currently priced at P2.4 million, or so I read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"- Spock, Star Trek 2009
Old August 11th, 2019, 09:37 AM   #475
binbin90

Likes (Received): 407

Toyota PH to bring Toyota Safety Sense to its products here. Following the footsteps of fellow Japanese brands Honda (Honda Sensing) and Subaru (Eye-Sight)

Read more here: https://www.carguide.ph/2019/08/toyo...rmed-were.html
binbin90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 05:04 AM   #476
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Winston~ View Post
Yes, hopefully it will be a bit cheaper. AFAIK, currently there is 5% import duties on vehicles(below 3000cc) and car parts imported from S. Korea. If it is not cheaper, then better standard equipment/s, unlike what they (Hyundai & Kia) are currently offering for the Philippine market. What I am looking forward is what was also included in the current trade talks between the Philippines and South Korea. S. Korea is keen on setting up shop here for their EV production. As I really want battery electric cars to really propagate/jump start in the Philippines.

I wish our next vehicle will be an electric vehicle, as it suits our needs, since most of my daily drives are really short and hardly ever drive long distances. I can only imagine the cost savings in maintenance, since there will be hardly any maintenance for an electric vehicle.

So if S. Korean car companies with the likes of Hyundai and Kia setting production of EV's here, prices of said EVs will be lower and hopefully the electric vehicle law would be signed by the government by the end of the year. Then EV prices would be competitive as gas/diesel vehicles.

https://www.bworldonline.com/electri...tkLK-zjKuYWW04

I really like the Hyundai Kona EV btw hehe, but it is currently priced at P2.4 million, or so I read.
Yeah, I know some Korean cars and vans are so desirable people are even willing to pay more just to have the extra features. For example, the Hyundai Starex is officially distributed by HARI but even the best models like Starex Gold is kinda bare bones. If you want a better Starex with extra features, you can buy it in Hancars, which is a grey market distributor, but you pay more. I think if they cut the import duties, we can get better models at lower prices.

I wouldn't mind a more affordable Kia Carnival since its the least expensive "American style" minivan (aka senior friendly) that you can buy but still expensive at its own right. The Honda Odyssey is just way too expensive for what you get and its problematic too both here and in the US due to its weak transmission and A/C. Add to the atrocious driving conditions IN DA PILIPINs....haaay!

Old August 12th, 2019, 07:49 AM   #477
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2136

Sana mura na Hyundai H100 para mamatay na Mitsubishi L300
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 09:41 AM   #478
Lucentino
®

Likes (Received): 221

^Someone I know bought a Kia Carens, it is now 4 yrs old casa maintained, but there is water ingress on the headlight (driver-side) probably coming from the AC since it was summer when I saw it... point is, Kia/Hyundai have good-looking car designs but the build quality remains to be desired... with their current pricing at par with their Japanese counterparts, I just hope they step-up soon.

Anyway, the Kia Seltos look promising, hope it gets sold in PH with all the bells and whistles... it makes the competitors (Ford, Nissan, Honda) look soft and dated...

“Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” — Jim Rohn
Lucentino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 10:10 AM   #479
absinthe_888

Bad news Mayor:

Quote:
For this media drive in South Korea, we are driving top-spec 1.6-liter turbocharged variants with all the bells and whistles. The good news is, the Seltos can go toe-to-toe with Lexus and BMW feature-wise if you tick all the options:
  • A Bose audio system,
  • 10.25-inch infotainment console with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,
  • heads-up display,
  • automatic climate control with second row vents,
  • interior lighting themes with party modes,
  • lane assistance,
  • adaptive cruise control,
  • two-tone exterior color schemes, and
  • 18-inch wheels with the Kia logo emblazoned in red.

Sitting behind the Seltos multi-function steering wheel (that adjusts for reach and rake) is a treat.

The bad news is, we probably won’t get most of those goodies. If Kia PH ticked off all the options, we might end up with a P1.6 million crossover that will only appeal to wealthy Blackpink fans.
TGP

Say goodbye to these:

PRRD, #SONA2019

~Winston~ liked this post
Old August 12th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #480
~Winston~

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Bad news Mayor:

TGP

Say goodbye to these:

Maganda din boss yang bagong Kia Seltos, sa nabasa ko, di yata lalabas sa atin yang 1.6 turbo variant, yung 2.0 NA gasoline engine yung dadating dito. Not sure kung dadalin din dito yung diesel variant nyan. Panapat nila sa Honda HRV. Dapat nasa 1.1 -1.4m peso range pricing ng Seltos, beyond that pricing, Kia Sportage at Hyundai Tuscon pricing na. Malaki din ang probability na strip down version ang dadating sa atin, sana ma-retain man lang yung 10" infotainment at HUD.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement