The Scandal Sheets: Philippine Politics and The Economy - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old June 14th, 2019, 04:29 AM   #41
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 9881

Biggest spender landed at 16th

Roxas top campaign spender among Otso Diretso bets
Published June 14, 2019 9:36am
By LLANESCA T. PANTI, GMA News

Quote:
Former Interior Secretary Manuel “Mar” Roxas II dwarfed the election spending of his fellow opposition candidates in the Otso Diretso coalition by six to as much as 90 times, based on his Statement of Contributions and Expenditures (SOCE).

Figures on Roxas' SOCE showed him spending P179.193.153.04 for his 2019 Senate bid sourced from P167,050,000 million worth of cash contributions and P12,143,153.04 million worth of personal funds.

Roxas' campaign expenditure was even bigger than the P161 million spent by former Special Assistant to the President and now Senator-elect Christopher “Bong” Go.

Roxas finished 16th in the 2019 Senate race with 9.84 million votes.

<snipped>

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2019, 04:32 AM   #42
Parchie

Likes (Received): 2535

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_w_stars View Post
That would be an illegal foundation.
FYI, there many charitable institutions who are sending students to school. There are lots of companies having social responsibility programs sponsoring deserving students to study. I don't know if government wants to go after those institutions since time immemorial, much more considering those as illegal.
The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all: it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality.

- H.L. Mencken
Parchie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:21 PM   #43
-SNPKLSDMBLDR-
Welcome to the Planet

Likes (Received): 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
baka kasi maungkat yung incompetence nya sa backdoor meetings with China, madagdagan pa kaso nya after his term.

anyway, dami talagang salita lang puhanan ano? classic virtue signalling lang talaga gusto.
DFB-GER '14 - Schweinsteiger #31/Messi #10 - Scuderia Ferrari - #DC Joker/BoP/WW'84

-SNPKLSDMBLDR- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2019, 05:31 PM   #44
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchie View Post
FYI, there many charitable institutions who are sending students to school. There are lots of companies having social responsibility programs sponsoring deserving students to study. I don't know if government wants to go after those institutions since time immemorial, much more considering those as illegal.
Yes I know that. I was making fun of the OP's post. Geez.

Did you know I contribute as well (on ad hoc, kung may sobra)? I don't even get to claim tax deductible because it is in the PH. Friends and family do too. One friend estabished their own private foundation (because they have too much money), and have a selection process in place. So we're not ignorant of this. Did you know that the gov't Apayao sends their post secondary students to Cagayan State University in Sanchez Mira? All of them are scholars of the Apayao gov't (since Apayao doesn't have post secondary institutions.) Of course, now with the free tuition at State Colleges, that would be an academic point. "Social responsibility" has been around for decades nothing new to me. I was involve in a few initiatives in my heyday, like UNICEF. What else do you want to brag to people who you assume know nothing.

I was efffffng joking about having a foundation for colegialas who do part time work to top up their load. Of course that shouldn't be a problem anymore if they go to state institutions.
Old June 14th, 2019, 05:44 PM   #45
absinthe_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SNPKLSDMBLDR- View Post
baka kasi maungkat yung incompetence nya sa backdoor meetings with China, madagdagan pa kaso nya after his term.

anyway, dami talagang salita lang puhanan ano? classic virtue signalling lang talaga gusto.
Tindi na ni Trillanes. Pati KAPA eh pinatulan na't impeachable offense daw yung ginawa ni Dugong pinasara.

Meron pang ganito:

PRRD, #SONA2019

Last edited by absinthe_888; June 14th, 2019 at 05:58 PM.
Old June 14th, 2019, 06:33 PM   #46
dexter06

Likes (Received): 1025

Trolling ginagawa ni Trilliling. He is abusing his position as an elected senator. Bira na lang ng bira. [email protected]

erzo01 liked this post
dexter06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2019, 07:18 PM   #47
-SNPKLSDMBLDR-
Welcome to the Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Tindi na ni Trillanes. Pati KAPA eh pinatulan na't impeachable offense daw yung ginawa ni Dugong pinasara.

Meron pang ganito:

great idea! para immune ulit si Digong for another year.
DFB-GER '14 - Schweinsteiger #31/Messi #10 - Scuderia Ferrari - #DC Joker/BoP/WW'84

Old June 15th, 2019, 07:26 PM   #48
absinthe_888

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old June 18th, 2019, 11:50 AM   #49
elBartolo
Atheist

Likes (Received): 2815

wala pang nainterview sa Vietnamese crew?
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:34 PM   #50
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2147

^ Mas maganda ma-interview ang cook. NOT the sleeping Captain or the boat owner who wasn't there.
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:49 PM   #51
absinthe_888

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
^ Mas maganda ma-interview ang cook. NOT the sleeping Captain or the boat owner who wasn't there.
This.

Kuda ng Kuda si Kap..eh tulog sha at the moment of the supposed collision.

Tapos itong si Misis naman, kumuda na din...eh ikaw mismo nagsabi sa mister mo wag puntahan si Dugong.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:58 PM   #52
fretburner

^ It's very amusing. Makes for good entertainment. Dilawans can't stop talking about it. Using the HK protests in parallel with this issue... And just today, using Ping's statements.
Old June 18th, 2019, 03:25 PM   #53
docetrece

Likes (Received): 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBartolo View Post
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/previous.gif[/IMG] wala pang nainterview sa Vietnamese crew?
Identified na ang Vietnamese vessel at owner nito. Heto ang kwento ng Vietnamese vessel captain.

https://en.thesaigontimes.vn/tinbaichitiet/69157/
docetrece no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:36 PM   #54
-SNPKLSDMBLDR-
Welcome to the Planet

wala ba silang ilaw for other fishing vessels to see? parang ang dating kasi hindi talaga sila kita so partly to blame sila doon, mukhang aksidente nangyari without the intention to do it in the first place. pero after the fact ibang issue na naman yun. hirap kasi maghanap tamang sources dahil politicized na lahat with halong drama pa.

s_w_stars liked this post
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:39 PM   #55
fretburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SNPKLSDMBLDR- View Post
wala ba silang ilaw for other fishing vessels to see? parang ang dating kasi hindi talaga sila kita so partly to blame sila doon, mukhang aksidente nangyari without the intention to do it in the first place. pero after the fact ibang issue na naman yun. hirap kasi maghanap tamang sources dahil politicized na lahat with halong drama pa.
2 lang daw ilaw nila... 1 sa Captain's quarters tapos di na alam kung saan yung 2nd light
Old June 19th, 2019, 01:59 AM   #56
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 4867

You know...all you have to do is go to a beach that is near fishing grounds and even though its so dark, you can see the bright flood lights of the fishing boats anchored. So I don't understand why this fishing boat only has cabin lights on. Maybe they were negligent and did not bother turning on the flood lights?

Then some idiot senator claims all boats have radar, GPS and such. Really? Our fishing bankas have radar and GPS? If we don't mandate them with our vessels, why expect them from foreign ships? Such devices are installed regardless of rules of the seas since the primary motivation is safety above all else. But here in ukay ukay PILIPINS, safety takes a back seat due to the tipid at all cost, cheapest available crap mentality. I don't even remember seeing radar and GPS in those Boracay water taxis that ferry high end clientele from the mainland to the beach resort.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection

Parchie, MunichSwiss liked this post
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 03:41 AM   #57
absinthe_888

I hope Dugong orders all of his officials to STFU and appoint a single spokesperson for this.

Kung si SFA o CabSec, then let it be. But there must be only ONE.

Minsan naakainis na rin si Dugong sa strategy niya pero one has to be rational and not be carried by emotion in this highly sensitive issue.

If we're frustrated by Dugong's [in]action, just imagine what Ma'am VP will do...dioskodai hardline stance part 2 all air no power na naman...

---

Lacson is "nagpapakilala" for 2022.

PRRD, #SONA2019
Old June 19th, 2019, 03:56 AM   #58
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Higher View Post
If only they had the same guts fortitude conviction to eradicate poverty and make the PHilippines prosperous so there wouldn't need be reliance on China or other countries.

crappypants liked this post a million times
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 06:38 AM   #59
elBartolo
Atheist

Likes (Received): 2815

WATCH: Press Conference of the Department of Agriculture with the 22 fishermen involved in the Recto Bank incident | via Cleizl Pardilla

https://www.facebook.com/cleiz.pardi...7579008049907/

Kapitan: Parang sinadya, parang hindi.
Old June 19th, 2019, 09:31 AM   #60
absinthe_888

"Woke" and "Disente": BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

And just like that...*pffft*

BUT BUT BUT

That intentional iniwan sa dagat must not go unpunished.

---

EDIT 3:38pm: Meh "massive" rally pala this coming Friday c/o Tindig Pilipinas? Dreaming of ala HK protests...

...but what I wold like to know: Will Jim P show up?

PRRD, #SONA2019

Last edited by absinthe_888; June 19th, 2019 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement