International Relations and Foreign Affairs - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > The Economy, Industry and Development Issues

The Economy, Industry and Development Issues Current news and events with regards to the economy, industry and urban development issues

Old July 12th, 2019, 07:58 AM   #41
Romb

Likes (Received): 2873

Originally posted by Arvor

Quote:
Originally posted by ArvorHungary is known to be a rather corrupt country in Europe at least its current government is, and is also linked to Putin and Russia, they are already facing tough scrutiny as well as legal and other actions from the European Union for corruption and flawed judicial systems and attempts to curtail democracy, so it is unlikely that they would indeed support something like that resolution
Quote:
Kahit noon pa hindi sumasama ang Hungary sa resolution bakit kaya?
These are the latest developments between Philippines and Hungary and it's only in 2017 Hungary reopened its embassy in Philippines and since then there have been increasing trades and relationship between the two countries and even offered Philippines a loan.

PH, Hungary agri chiefs hold bilateral meeting
https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1065811
JOINT STATEMENT ON THE FIRST SESSION OF THE PHILIPPINES-HUNGARY JOINT COMMISSION ON ECONOMIC COOPERATION
https://www.dti.gov.ph/media/latest-...ic-cooperation
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2019, 09:41 AM   #42
FlashNeutrinos
no god

Likes (Received): 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvor View Post
The way you formulated it is a bit messy but actually doesn't help your argument either way .

The UNCHR is not the accuser they received requests to investigate from other member states it was Iceland that tabled the resolution supported by others, just like the police would receive a report of a crime being committed, in this case the Philippines is the accused .

Kunwari ikaw si Iceland at tumawag ka sa police ( UNHRC ) at sinabi mo na may ginawa ako ( si Pinas ) na crimen ano ang gagawin ng Police ?, siempre pupuntahan nila yung accused para mag imbestiga .

And i reiterate that there is no conclusion from the UNHRC, if there was one there wouldn't be a need for an investigation or an inquiry as they would already have the facts to judge one way or the other .
Why would you entertain an outsider that outright accused you of doing something wrong and in the same breath ask you to allow them to investigate what they are accusing you of? Di mo man lang iniisip na bago ngumawa yang iceland that they should do due diligence to review the report first. And the irony of irony is Mexico voting for the resolution.

Hindi pa pala conclusive bakit sila naglalabas ng ganyan sa international forum. again pagkalat ko na ginagalaw mo ang anak mo tapos kapag nagalit ka sabihin ko well patunayan mo sa akin an di mo nga ginagalaw at dapat ako ang magiimbestiga.

Ano ang ginagawa ng Human Rights Commission sa kagaguhan ng Europa sa mga refugees? Wala? Tapos papaniwalaan mo na in good faith and ginagawa nila ngayon sa atin. You are in another level of naivety.

Neil
deGrasse Tyson
I am FlashCollider
FlashNeutrinos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 09:53 AM   #43
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2140

Quote:
Originally Posted by absinthe_888 View Post
Tandaan po:

Standard definition of the "International Community" >>> The West + Australia

---

Mexico's drug war is far more brutal than Pinas is. Grabe mga cartel magpatayan dun. AS IN GRABE.
Tigas ng mukha ng mga Mayans
fretburner está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2019, 10:14 AM   #44
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 3337

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
Tigas ng mukha ng mga Mayans

You mean, The AZTECS!

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 10:39 AM   #45
skyflakes222

Likes (Received): 551

US must stop treating China as an enemy, says son of former president George HW Bush
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...rmer-president

OMG US tuta ng China???

That's how retarded the yellow logic is.
skyflakes222 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 11:54 AM   #46
fretburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila-X View Post
You mean, The AZTECS!
oooopppss… wrong continent

But yeah, tigas ng mukha. Mga narco nila salot di lang sa bansa nila kundi sa buong mundo. Ayusin na lang nila drug problem nila at border crossings.
Old July 12th, 2019, 03:35 PM   #47
Arvor
Arvor

Likes (Received): 1952

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashNeutrinos View Post
Why would you entertain an outsider that outright accused you of doing something wrong and in the same breath ask you to allow them to investigate what they are accusing you of? Di mo man lang iniisip na bago ngumawa yang iceland that they should do due diligence to review the report first. And the irony of irony is Mexico voting for the resolution.
That's the problem there is no conclusive report so how can anyone make a judgement on whether it is the case or not ?, you need to have an inquiry to find out the truth in order to make a conclusion .

I repeat that it is Iceland and not the UNHRC which tabled the resolution .

Quote:
Hindi pa pala conclusive bakit sila naglalabas ng ganyan sa international forum. again pagkalat ko na ginagalaw mo ang anak mo tapos kapag nagalit ka sabihin ko well patunayan mo sa akin an di mo nga ginagalaw at dapat ako ang magiimbestiga.
There are a lot of investigations and reports that point to human right's abuses in the country, you only even really have to open your daily nightly news, and speaking of naivety all of you know this to be true otherwise you have to be on drugs, yet the country seem unwilling or unable to properly address these issues on its own .

Quote:
Ano ang ginagawa ng Human Rights Commission sa kagaguhan ng Europa sa mga refugees? Wala? Tapos papaniwalaan mo na in good faith and ginagawa nila ngayon sa atin. You are in another level of naivety.
What did they do ?, they have accepted millions of refugees, they are given free housing healthcare and thousands of € of free money for their financial needs and given free reschooling to learn skills for work, as for the rest they are stopping the flow of mainly "illegal economic migrants" which is a different group from "refugees" which do have a right to ask for asylum .

What would the current government do if a million African and Arab economic migrants illegally came to the Philippines at a rate of a million a year ? .

Last edited by Arvor; July 12th, 2019 at 04:52 PM.
Arvor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 05:50 PM   #48
dexter06

Likes (Received): 1025

Quote:
There are a lot of investigations and reports that point to human right's abuses in the country, you only even really have to open your daily nightly news, and speaking of naivety all of you know this to be true otherwise you have to be on drugs, yet the country seem unwilling or unable to properly address these issues on its own.
You are correct, human rights abuses have been happening more than two decades already including the incumbency of PNoy. Journalists were killed during his presidency. We do not understand why Duterte was singled out. Where was the UN during that time?
dexter06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 08:24 PM   #49
fretburner

Quote:
There are a lot of investigations and reports that point to human right's abuses in the country, you only even really have to open your daily nightly news, and speaking of naivety all of you know this to be true otherwise you have to be on drugs, yet the country seem unwilling or unable to properly address these issues on its own .

All these is because of the so-called EJK right? There would have NEVER BEEN a UN Resolution had there been NO EJK, correct?

Let me refresh you on how EJK is defined:

https://didm.pnp.gov.ph/Memoranda/US...10,%202013.pdf

Scroll down on Page 3 for the definition of terms.

Extra-Legal Killings (ELK) or Extra-Judicial Killings (EJK) — refer to killings wherein:

a. The victim was either:
i.A member of, or affiliated with an organization, to include political, environmental, agrarian, labor, or similar causes; or
ii.An advocate of above-named causes; or
iii.A media practitioner; or
iv.Person(s) apparently mistaken or identified to be so.

b. The victim was targeted and killed because of his/her actual or perceived membership, advocacy, or profession;

c. The person/s responsible for the killing is a state agent or non-state agent;

d. The method and circumstances of the attack reveal a deliberate intent to kill.

Killings related to common criminals and/or the perpetration of their crimes shall be addressed by other appropriate mechanisms within the justice system.

And guess who defined EJK?

http://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/do...O-0035-BSA.pdf

Yes, that's right. Then DOJ Secretary Leila De Lima.

Why define it as such? To shield his master Noynoy from prosecution. Remember, Noynoy's time was among the most dangerous for farmers protesting or demanding they get their land in accordance to the Agrarian Reform Law.

Who's on drugs now?
Old July 13th, 2019, 12:03 AM   #50
Arvor
Arvor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter06 View Post
You are correct, human rights abuses have been happening more than two decades already including the incumbency of PNoy. Journalists were killed during his presidency. We do not understand why Duterte was singled out. Where was the UN during that time?
Because someone else did it everyone else should be exempt ?, this is the type of Pinoy mentality that keeps the country from moving forward, i don't believe in partisanship certainly not over the constitution which should be above all that, i couldn't care less if any previous administrations are investigated if there are such issues and for them to be tried in a court of law .

This is why as part of having good governance the judicial system should be independent from politics, it should be a separate independent branch of government as is the case in developed countries and democracies, if a system can not be impartial and or is unable to apply the rule of law properly then there can be no justice or a democratic state .

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
And guess who defined EJK? Yes, that's right. Then DOJ Secretary Leila De Lima.

Who's on drugs now?
Maybe you are what's the relevance of this ?, as for de lima she did not invent anything, perhaps in the Philippine context but it has been in use internationally well before that person was in office .

Last edited by Arvor; July 13th, 2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old July 13th, 2019, 12:33 AM   #51
dexter06

Quote:
Because someone else did it everyone else should be exempt ?, this is the type of Pinoy mentality that keeps the country from moving forward, i don't believe in partisanship certainly not over the constitution which should be above all that, i couldn't care less if any previous administrations are investigated if there are such issues and for them to be tried in a court of law .
I am amazed why the UN, the press and some concerned pinoys (or ex-pinoys) like you were not making noise during the time of PNoy about the killings. There has been a lot of killings UNSOLVED the past 2 decades. And now because of reports by the press, they are suddenly pushing for "investigations of human rights violations in the Philippines?" Do you know that it was during PNoys time that the Philippines was considered one among the most dangerous places for media personnel? There were a lot of killings of media people during his incumbency. There was no outcry then and now there is an outcry? How about the drive by shootings of motorcycle riding men to the point that they disallowed two people riding motorcycles because it was so rampant? That was during the time of PNoy. And now drive by shootings are called EJK? Funny isnt it? The same press who reports drive by shootings during PNoy's time is the same press that reports drive by shootings as EJK in Duterte's time.

And no, i am not excusing the killings under the Duterte administration. I am interested of the results of investigations of unresolved killings which were perpetrated by criminal elements (which i believe includes men in uniform). But you and i know that these criminal elements have been operating for decades way before Duterte came to power. To initiate an investigation now is very suspect as some parties want to associate "human rights" problems to Duterte when actually, he just inherited a corrupt system.

Last edited by dexter06; July 13th, 2019 at 12:39 AM.
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:17 AM   #52
Arvor
Arvor

Quote:
I am amazed why the UN, the press and some concerned pinoys (or ex-pinoys) like you were not making noise during the time of PNoy about the killings.

To initiate an investigation now is very suspect as some parties want to associate "human rights" problems to Duterte when actually, he just inherited a corrupt system.

To be honest i don't remember what i wrote about the issue when it surely was posted on this forum who remember theirs ?, but i doubt i wouldn't have been critical about it, and i certainly have criticized past administrations on many other issues .

Who wouldn't have been appalled and i do vaguely remember there being quite a bit of outcry from the international community as well, as it was widely covered by the international press at the time .

The difference perhaps has been that it was a one off event which the government of the time seemed to have responded to, unlike the present situation where the president is constantly yapping about it in the media, and apparent condoning of it as tacit ongoing government policy probably has drawn more attention to the situation, in conjunction with reported incidents .

And certainly other high profile issues in the Philippines recently like tussles between the government the judiciary and media have added to that scrutiny .

Last edited by Arvor; July 13th, 2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:21 AM   #53
dexter06

Quote:
To be honest i don't remember what i wrote about the issue when it surely was posted on this forum, but i doubt i wouldn't have been critical about it .

Who wouldn't have been appalled and i do vaguely remember there being quite a bit of outcry from the international community as well, as it was widely covered by the international press at the time .

The difference perhaps has been that it was a one off event which the government of the time seemed to have responded to, unlike the present situation where the president is yapping about it in the media, and apparent condoning of it as tacit ongoing government policy probably has drawn more attention to the situation, in conjunction with reported incidents .

And certainly other high profile issues in the Philippines recently like tussles between the government the judiciary and media have added to that scrutiny .
No it is not a one off event. It was a continuing peace and order problem that it became one of the election issues and among the reasons why the Liberal Party lost and DUTERTE won. Nakalimutan mo na?

It is not government policy. It is law enforcers protecting themselves just like American law enforcers mistakenly kill innocent civilians because of suspicion. And there is investigation of these killings.
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:33 AM   #54
Arvor
Arvor

The massacre itself was a one off event, and you keep on trying to slant this as partisanship, neither i or the rest of the world probably care about siding with Aquino's .

I have never been a sheepish follower or "diehard fan" of either Aquino Duterte or Marcos or anybody else and i doubt many in this forum can say the same, most modern Filipino leaders imo have been mediocre at best in one way or the other, if they weren't the country would be in a much better state than it is today, there are things that i have liked about these politicians policies and things that i am highly critical of, and certainly in my value system i place democratic values and the rule of law above any allegiance to any politician or party .

----

Quote:
It is not government policy. It is law enforcers protecting themselves just like American law enforcers mistakenly kill innocent civilians because of suspicion. And there is investigation of these killings.
And one of the criticisms is indeed the lack of accountability .

Last edited by Arvor; July 13th, 2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:35 AM   #55
dexter06

Quote:
I cannot let this statement slide. You forgot the 2012 impeachment of Chief Justice Corona based on the SALN? PNoy bribed each senator PHP 50M and he even talked to Bong Revilla. They called him to the Araneta residence in Cubao where he and Mar Roxas convinced him to convict Corona? Corona's crime if you ask me? The high court ordered the distribution of Hacienda Luisita.

Judiciary - Executive.

In the case of Sereno, she was voted out by her colleagues but no bribe was given.

Last edited by dexter06; July 13th, 2019 at 01:40 AM.
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:36 AM   #56
dexter06

Quote:
The massacre itself was a one off event, and you keep on trying to slant this as partisanship, neither i or the rest of the world probably care about Aquino's .

I have never been a fan of either Aquino Duterte or Marcos or anybody else, most modern Filipino leaders imo have been mediocre at best in one way or the other, there are things that i have liked about these politicians policies and things that i am highly critical of, and certainly in my value system i place the rule of law above any allegiance to any politician or party .
But Aquino himself committed a lot of wrongdoings/ corruption/ scandal and you did not care but now under Duterte, you cared for the Philippines?

Or are you influenced by what you read in mainstream media?
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:56 AM   #57
Tokyo/Manila
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3307

Mostly gringos.. ang nakeke alam.. kaya kung tutuusin ayaw ko mga puti.. pag tuwing nakakakita ako ng puti.. mga arrogante tingin ko. At snub ko lang

Filipinos love to worship this white scumbags

dexter06, Xurax Kings liked this post
Tokyo/Manila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:57 AM   #58
Arvor
Arvor

Quote:
But Aquino himself committed a lot of wrongdoings/ corruption/ scandal and you did not care but now under Duterte, you cared for the Philippines?

Where did i say that ?, you are saying that because someone else did something wrong in the past that bad behavior should now be tolerated, on the contrary i said no one should be above the law, so if Aquino or anybody else is guilty of anything then they should be tried for it, but that is largely irrelevant to the present situation regarding the UNHRC .
Old July 13th, 2019, 01:59 AM   #59
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:

Problem is that, many mainstream media groups especially here tends to be biased or one sided on its reporting.

dexter06 liked this post
Old July 13th, 2019, 02:01 AM   #60
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
No it is not a one off event. It was a continuing peace and order problem that it became one of the election issues and among the reasons why the Liberal Party lost and DUTERTE won. Nakalimutan mo na?

It is also the INCOMPETENCE of the previous administration why Duterte was elected.

If Pnoy have been more competent, Roxas have run and Duterte might have not even run for The Presidency.

dexter06 liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement