Bangladesh Aviation - Part 15 - Page 25 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Heritage, Tourism & Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 9th, 2019, 03:08 AM   #481
Turzo

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemannyc View Post
Novoair eyes turboprops, narrowbodies to boost fleet

https://atwonline.com/airframes/novo...9f084f9dcbd6bc

Article says they are looking at 2 more ATR72-500s and 2 narrow body aircraft although type has not been decided yet.
They will only go for two more ATR-72 not narrow body. Two of their ATR-72 need to replace due to age. And may be other one ATR by next year. They will not go for international further more now.

Bangladeshi government policy for aviation is not good enough. They again hike domestic JET FUEL price. After price down, DAC-CTG or DAC-RJH etc-------- passenger of AC bus now consider SKY travel.

I can give you example-

Dhaka to Chittagong AC bus ticket price is 1200-1800 BDT depends on quality.
If they get a ticket at 2500 BDT then it is better to use airlines.

After fuel price hike------ Airlines need to hike the price of ticket as well. So the it will ultimately hit the passenger number in domestic sector.

As domestic sector is the base of NoVO Air , so they will delay their expansion until another suitable time.

Last edited by Turzo; March 9th, 2019 at 03:28 AM.
Turzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2019, 05:27 PM   #482
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 904

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopekhor View Post
From what I heard it used to be quite an airbase during World War II and used to be call the gateway to Assam
That has no bearing in today's Bangladesh. These (new airport at Lalmonirhat where an aircraft maintenance shop shall be set up) are just wild goose chase.

Such is the problem with centrally planned and centrally controlled economy where all major infrastructure development is conducted by the government, that too by the central government. Even today, Bangladesh has no meaningful local governments.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 05:36 PM   #483
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzo View Post
They will only go for two more ATR-72 not narrow body. Two of their ATR-72 need to replace due to age. And may be other one ATR by next year. They will not go for international further more now.

Bangladeshi government policy for aviation is not good enough. They again hike domestic JET FUEL price. After price down, DAC-CTG or DAC-RJH etc-------- passenger of AC bus now consider SKY travel.

I can give you example-

Dhaka to Chittagong AC bus ticket price is 1200-1800 BDT depends on quality.
If they get a ticket at 2500 BDT then it is better to use airlines.

After fuel price hike------ Airlines need to hike the price of ticket as well. So the it will ultimately hit the passenger number in domestic sector.

As domestic sector is the base of NoVO Air , so they will delay their expansion until another suitable time.
GoB has no difficulty to raise jet fuel prices because there is no push back. Unlike bus service, airline lobby is probably non existent. GoB probably doesn't realize owing to lack of deep thinking, how the domestic airline industry becomes adversely affected by higher fuel prices. BG really doesn't get affected because it is all "funny money" as how we say here (in the US). Whereas, the private airlines have to pay hard cash to purchase fuel.

I believe if an effective airline (industry) lobby existed in Bangladesh, GoB wouldn't be so quick to raise jet fuel prices.
Old March 10th, 2019, 04:47 AM   #484
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
GoB has no difficulty to raise jet fuel prices because there is no push back. Unlike bus service, airline lobby is probably non existent. GoB probably doesn't realize owing to lack of deep thinking, how the domestic airline industry becomes adversely affected by higher fuel prices. BG really doesn't get affected because it is all "funny money" as how we say here (in the US). Whereas, the private airlines have to pay hard cash to purchase fuel.

I believe if an effective airline (industry) lobby existed in Bangladesh, GoB wouldn't be so quick to raise jet fuel prices.
The Lobby is lead by Square Aviation and Novoair MD. They recently visited aviation ministry. But they do not meet with fuel and mining minister. The Lobby group is not strong enough. The government only learn to take big projects. They should know -(a small initiative or policy can change or wash out some worst things). Here in Dhaka or DAC or Bangladesh we need strong policy and implimentation----- not BIG BIG, MEGA-MEGA project.

Aviation ministry's efficiency already proven to be diminished or not dominating. However, Biman is again become full of corruption under political and ministry influence. I am really unhappy to see this state.

Only one department I found to be effective---------- BG media section become stronger.

Last edited by Turzo; March 10th, 2019 at 04:54 AM.
Turzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 09:08 AM   #485
saahmed

Likes (Received): 67

777 hits Dash 8 at HSIA

A 777 of Biman hit a parked Dash 8 of US-Bangla Airlies at Hazrat Shah Jalal Airport. It looks like the tail section of the Dash 8 was clipped. What is strange is that the report says that the 777 took off for Jeddah after the incident. But it returned after a while, and after inspection, it departed again.

Source: https://www.jugantor.com/national/15...A6%95%E0%A6%BE

patel2897 liked this post
saahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2019, 05:53 PM   #486
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saahmed View Post

A 777 of Biman hit a parked Dash 8 of US-Bangla Airlies at Hazrat Shah Jalal Airport. It looks like the tail section of the Dash 8 was clipped. What is strange is that the report says that the 777 took off for Jeddah after the incident. But it returned after a while, and after inspection, it departed again.

Source: https://www.jugantor.com/national/15...A6%95%E0%A6%BE
the alarming situation is Biman's ground staffs negligence.

Incidences are-
Oman air A330 damaged,
Biman787 emergency door
Novo Air ATR hit by cargo loader
Biman-777-200ER door incidence

Can anyone remember about punishment ??? By BG management.
It will happened again.
What the CC cameras and others ground staffs were doing at that time when 77W depart for RUH.\\

????
Old March 11th, 2019, 07:25 PM   #487
Manazir

Likes (Received): 623

What is more alarming is that the ground staff didn't even bother to inform the pilots, ATC, and authorities after the incident took place! Like seriously wtf?
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:50 AM   #488
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
the alarming situation is Biman's ground staffs negligence.

Incidences are-
Oman air A330 damaged,
Biman787 emergency door
Novo Air ATR hit by cargo loader
Biman-777-200ER door incidence

Can anyone remember about punishment ??? By BG management.
It will happened again.
What the CC cameras and others ground staffs were doing at that time when 77W depart for RUH.\\

????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post

What is more alarming is that the ground staff didn't even bother to inform the pilots, ATC, and authorities after the incident took place! Like seriously wtf?
Expect a rise of such incidents as the airport becomes more and more crowded. What is required to mitigate such issues for smooth movement of ground traffic (aircraft and vehicular) is an proper ground control and coordinated ramp control. Just like the control tower watches over runways and taxiways, an effective ground control watches for all movements and potential problem on apron and ramp areas. Very busy airports have radar movement radar to assist ground control. DAC doesn't even have proper approach control radar.

Upgrade and modernization of airports do not mean just some new buildings and amenities inside them.

Rokto14 liked this post

Last edited by TIslam; March 13th, 2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old March 13th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #489
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
Expect a rise of such incidents as the airport become more and more crowded. What is required to mitigate such issues for smooth movement of ground traffic (aircraft and vehicular) is an proper ground control and coordinated ramp control. Just like the control tower watches over runways and taxiways, an effective ground control watches for all movements and potential problem on apron and ramp areas. Very busy airports have radar movement radar to assist ground control. DAC doesn't even have proper approach control radar.

Upgrade and modernization of airports do not mean just some new buildings and amenities inside them.
In my opinion---

Government can extent the existing cargo house and renovate it. The simple renovation and good organizing tools can solve the problem of cargo, which will give more space to turboprops to park at there at least two of them.

Another-

The removal of Regent, 4H, GMG and Biman's rejected birds can give more space for parking aircraft.
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:30 PM   #490
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
In my opinion---

Government can extent the existing cargo house and renovate it. The simple renovation and good organizing tools can solve the problem of cargo, which will give more space to turboprops to park at there at least two of them.

Another-

The removal of Regent, 4H, GMG and Biman's rejected birds can give more space for parking aircraft.
I'm sure that will will help however, coordinated surface movement and efficient ground control is warranted.
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:38 PM   #491
despaired

Likes (Received): 37

https://wap.business-standard.com/ar...1400986_1.html

So apparently Qatar Airways was taking rounds over Dhaka this morning and couldn’t land due to fog ( I got up early and actually didn’t see any within the city but ok) so because of that Turkish Airlines decided to land directly in Kolkata.

My question is: does anyone knows what happens then? Do People have To remain in transit or inside the aircraft or are they being kept somewhere or are they allowed to enter the county?

In this case the fog apparently vanished but the crew had reached their limit of permitted working hours and hence the aircraft couldn’t come to Dhaka but was instead in Kolkata and was only expected in the late evening in Dhaka so over all a more than 15 hour delay.

Could some of the pax travelled independently from CCU you DAC ? Would they have gotten their luggage or again where were they the entire time? Especially since a lot of people won’t have a visa for India..

patel2897 liked this post
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:57 PM   #492
Spiderguy252

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by despaired View Post
https://wap.business-standard.com/ar...1400986_1.html

So apparently Qatar Airways was taking rounds over Dhaka this morning and couldnít land due to fog ( I got up early and actually didnít see any within the city but ok) so because of that Turkish Airlines decided to land directly in Kolkata.

My question is: does anyone knows what happens then? Do People have To remain in transit or inside the aircraft or are they being kept somewhere or are they allowed to enter the county?

In this case the fog apparently vanished but the crew had reached their limit of permitted working hours and hence the aircraft couldnít come to Dhaka but was instead in Kolkata and was only expected in the late evening in Dhaka so over all a more than 15 hour delay.

Could some of the pax travelled independently from CCU you DAC ? Would they have gotten their luggage or again where were they the entire time? Especially since a lot of people wonít have a visa for India..
Convention in case of delays like that is the pax are checked into hotels (in this case in CCU), their passports held until they are herded back to the airport to complete their flight.

They have zero power to go their own way to DAC, or to collect their luggage. Theoretically, they are still in the air as far as the airline is concerned.
Spiderguy252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #493
planemannyc

Likes (Received): 293

US-Bangla increasing to 3 daily flights to Sylhet

Dhaka - Sylhet
Flight No Departure Arrival Days of Operation
BS - 131 07 : 00 AM 07 : 45 AM Daily
BS - 135 12 : 35 PM 01 : 20 PM Daily
BS - 137 07 : 30 PM 08 : 15 PM Daily

Sylhet - Dhaka
BS - 132 08 : 10 AM 08 : 45 AM Daily
BS - 136 01 : 45 PM 02 : 30 PM Daily
BS - 138 08 : 40 PM 09 : 25 PM Daily

Wow, a few months ago, they were doing one flight a day, along with single flight for Novo and one by Biman (as well as scattered flights through the week, mainly domestic leg of flights coming in from overseas); back then, the 3 daily flights typically leaving Dhaka within a few minutes of each other, which meant going to Sylhet and returning the same day was near impossible.

Now one can do the same with only on US Bangla.

Bold move, where is the demand coming from?
planemannyc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 AM   #494
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderguy252 View Post
Convention in case of delays like that is the pax are checked into hotels (in this case in CCU), their passports held until they are herded back to the airport to complete their flight.

They have zero power to go their own way to DAC, or to collect their luggage. Theoretically, they are still in the air as far as the airline is concerned.
I believe, it would depend on nationality, i.e. which country's passport one holds. For Bangladesh passport holders, all bets are off as airline/immigration officials round up all pax with Bangladesh passport and keep them confined in the airport. Other nationalities like Canada, UK, US, they are given transit visa so that they could check into a hotel nearby. Theoretically, one could also avail another flight from another airline, say if the person was in a hurry and didn't wish to remain stranded. Of course, that would mean additional cost, but I believe such is possible.
Old Today, 01:09 AM   #495
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by planemannyc View Post
US-Bangla increasing to 3 daily flights to Sylhet

Dhaka - Sylhet
BS - 131 07 : 00 AM 07 : 45 AM Daily
BS - 135 12 : 35 PM 01 : 20 PM Daily
BS - 137 07 : 30 PM 08 : 15 PM Daily

Sylhet - Dhaka
BS - 132 08 : 10 AM 08 : 45 AM Daily
BS - 136 01 : 45 PM 02 : 30 PM Daily
BS - 138 08 : 40 PM 09 : 25 PM Daily

Wow, a few months ago, they were doing one flight a day, along with single flight for Novo and one by Biman (as well as scattered flights through the week, mainly domestic leg of flights coming in from overseas); back then, the 3 daily flights typically leaving Dhaka within a few minutes of each other, which meant going to Sylhet and returning the same day was near impossible.

Now one can do the same with only on US Bangla.

Bold move, where is the demand coming from?
Good question. What changed? For that matter, how come the only high demand (domestic) sector is Dhaka-Chittagong? Do people prefer bus/train when traveling to other cities? Why not Chittagong as there is very good bus and train service?

I hope BS did their homework, i.e. the additional frequencies are data driven and not based on whim/hunch.
Old Today, 04:59 PM   #496
Supersonik

Likes (Received): 92

Just returned from Desh few days ago with Biman, nothing really new to say except a noticeable longer return flight. However I notice no one mention the crisis concerning the new B737 max in light of recent fatal accidents.
Wasn't our Asif bhai enthusiastic about the bringing this modern craft to USBangla.
Supersonik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: