SkyscraperCity Forum banner

CHORZÓW - Stadion Śląski (54,378)

316K views 390 replies 159 participants last post by  Sandro14 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Stadion Śląski w Chorzowie – Silesian Stadium In Chorzów

http://www.pkt.pl/mapalocation.ds?newSearch=true&tab=location&where=chorzów

Opened in 1956, upgraded in 1990s, major upgrade now in progress – reopening on July 2011. Arena is located in Park of Culture and Recreation, in city of Chorzów. Apart from beeing polish national football stadium it’s been site for variety of non-football events (athletics, cycling, speedway, Monster Jam etc.) It also hosted many music events - The Rolling Stones, Rammstein, Metallica, U2, Linkin Park, Genesis, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and many others performed on Śląski. Record attendance was 120,000 visitors during Górnik Zabrze vs. Austria Wien football match back in 1963.

Silesian Stadium after modernization – specification:
  • Capacity:
    - gross (total numer of seats): 55.211
    - net (VIP seats, advertising and camera space etc.): 51.480
  • parking space:
    - passenger vehicles: 571
    - buses: 18
  • polycarbon roof total area : 43 000 m²
  • VIP sky-boxes: 20 pcs. for 352 people
  • business seats: 1451
  • punkty sprzedaży: 300 o łącznej długości stoisk 325 m
  • handicapped seats: 108
  • designers: GMP Architekten; contractors: Hochtief Polska, Mostostal Zabrze, Thermoserr

Visualiation:

Web sites:
1. http://www.silesia-region.pl/slaski2012/
2. http://www.stadionslaski.pl

Web cam: http://stadionslaskicam1.dyndns.org...W]See Europe’s 2nd largest city park (polish)
2. [Chorzów] The city shots (polish)
3. [Katowice] The city shots (english)
4. [Silesia '08] „Silesia” metro area, Sumer 2008 (english)

See less See more
1 19
#32 · (Edited)
UEFA decides about hosting of Euro2012 for the cities&stadiums, not polish government.

After rebuilding, this stadium will have:
- 20 sky-boxes (for 325 VIP's)
- 1458 places for buisness class
- 750 places for media
- 250 places for commentators

But Likasz has right, Stadion Śląski (eng. Silesia Stadium) hasn't good visibility from old stands. I hope that rebuilding repair it.

#36 ·
Anyone knows what for?
not :lol:
Just one info: there is a plan to expand the stadium's capacity(after Euro2012) to around 70.000.
It is only a silly fairy tale, some politician threw it of at least chances and logical reasons there is for the realization no it - maintaining the stadium still will cost a lot of money. I don't know for every generally speaking to place such nonsenses, the visibility at present is already bad, the new II level a lot won't correct, what one can see the 3rd level from whom nothing will be up to? Probably of technical possibilities for the expansion practically won't be.

#39 ·
indeed this is a good stadium, but no offense, i don't think they will finish the reconstruction next year. Maybe the stadium will be finished in 2011, but definantly not next year.

#40 ·
A shame this stadium won't be increased to 70,000, that would have been a perfect capacity for this stadium. Anyway, to renovate the stadium, they would have to take down one-third of the stadium and a two-tiered stand would be constructed from scratch. To match the new stand, I would have torn down the existing two-tiered stand and built a completely new one before adding the roof. This would be like the renovation project of the Melbourne Cricket Ground.

#43 ·
The detailed project specifications of the roof have been finished yesterday. It appears that the roof, at least according to Polish Press Agency (PAP) will be the world's largest in terms of surface - 43,000 square meters. Anyone got details on other huge surfaces? I assume that retractable roofs don't count here.

#44 ·
New GS stadium: 46.400m² (10,000m² if it the moveable part)

#45 ·
To Michal: Are you saying that the Slaski stadium's proposed seat covering would be the largest in the world, which means it would surpass that of the King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh?

#47 ·
Jim, I'm not claiming that. I'm quoting the claims we have here in Poland from officials. I would be surprised if they bothered to check - I suppose it's just a publicity booster. But still, I haven't got enough reliable data to compare.

New GS stadium: 46.400m² (10,000m² if it the moveable part)
yeah, it seemed clear they couldn't match retractables.

#48 ·
Sorry, it should be 46,400 m² and 10,000m² of it is the moveable part :)

#50 ·
I wrote an e-mail to asp and they answered many questions. :D
Eberhard Becker frpm asp Stuttgart
"- Dachfläche: m² Gesamte Dachfläche: 46.400m², davon öffenbar 10.000m²"

#52 ·
they stopped to answer
at least to me
after the 4th mail i have never received an email from asp.
At least they sent me a pdf file of the seating bowl and they answered many questtions.

#58 ·
A consortium with Mostostal Zabrze win contract to modernize Stadion Śląski

Warszawa (PAP) - A consortium, consisting of Mostostal Zabrze, Hochtief Construction AG Thermoserr, will modernize the silesian stadium. The winning bid of the company was 339.8 million zlotys - this was announced on Thursday in a Mostostal Zabrze Communication.

The consortium is to construct a new roof and increase the stadiums capacity to 55211 by rebuilding the east stand as well as providing the necessary infrastructure and technical areas.

A consortium of Mostostal Zabrze submitted the lowest bid and the price was the only criteria for evaluation of tenders.

Another bid - submitted by Budimex-Dromex and Polimex-Mostostal - were more expensive by about 9 and 13 million. (PAP)
http://gielda.wp.pl/POD,6,a,1,b,1,c,11,index.html?P

^^The official news you can move the stadium to U/c now...its construction is certian

#63 ·
visualization Silesia Stadium ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.