ISKANDAR DEVELOPMENT REGION | Johor ( Southern Johor ) | General News & Updates - Page 501 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 20th, 2017, 06:03 PM   #10001
DreamboxJB

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Foong View Post
IKEA to open at tebrau city?
yep...
next to Tebaru City
DreamboxJB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2017, 06:11 PM   #10002
DreamboxJB

Likes (Received): 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedang View Post
Foreign firms to invest RM6b in Tanjung Langsat

KUALA LUMPUR: Four major foreign companies will invest a total of RM5.67bil to undertake manufacturing activities in Tanjung Langsat Industrial Complex in Johor.

Johor Corp (JCorp) chief executive officer Tan Sri Muhammad Ali Hashim said these companies were expected to start developing their facilities by early 2009.

“Four companies have confirmed they will do business in our port,” he said after the launch of Bistari Game Kota Damansara outlet yesterday.

The companies are Asiaflex (Technip), Europe’s second-largest oilfield services company; Kiswire Neptune, a South Korean steel wire producer; Acerinox, a Spanish stainless steel manufacturer; and Lion Eco Chem, a Japanese company involved in producing methyl ester sulfonic.

Muhammad Ali said JCorp would spend about RM100mil to expand the jetty facility in Tanjung Langsat for the convenience of the investors.

He also said the company was currently in talks with other investors but declined to disclose the names.

JCorp, via unit Tanjung Langsat Port Sdn Bhd, is the developer of the 363.2ha port. It is focusing on developing petrochemicals and non-edible liquid bulk terminals and storage facilities.

To date, 21 local and foreign companies with investments totalling RM1.5bil are operating in the estate. - Bernama

bahru stainless
Technip Asiaflex
EEW

byong_sun liked this post
DreamboxJB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 06:23 AM   #10003
aim11086

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamboxJB View Post
yep...
next to Tebaru City
its look quiet big
aim11086 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2017, 07:28 AM   #10004
FayedLee

Likes (Received): 3273

Just saw new China township advertisement at Mutiara Rini by Tiarn China Group
FayedLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2017, 06:01 PM   #10005
Brown_Eastern

Likes (Received): 838

JB city skylines in March 2017

Credit to:

Old March 22nd, 2017, 04:49 AM   #10006
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Likes (Received): 471

there's no such thing as malacca or kota kinabalu catching up with jb skyline.
the fastest town/city catching up with jb skyline is actually in johor too namely iskandar puteri formerly known as nusajaya.

it may sound exaggerate, but go & have a look yourselves.

EzadHfizy, FayedLee liked this post
The Psychedelic Furs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 07:50 AM   #10007
glenj

Likes (Received): 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremesportx View Post
I think jb missing is a giant park in central jb city area where public can come in and chill and marvel at the skyscrapers around it

You can see every world class have these. They have huge parks in central city where tourist can also come in and feel the city vibe at its most natural state.

Another thing missing a a ultra huge mall where you can walk whole day in. I think Paradigm mall is good for ppl in the north, and south key mid valley underway, and also capital 21. Tebrau aeon is just sooooo damn jam to go to. Went last sat and took over an hour to get a parking spot... The jam started midway from the flyover before able to see Tesco on the left... Half an jam just to get the ticket... Really horrible... Can't imagine the traffic once ikea is opened...

Another missing thing is a nice sized theme park for all ages. It's great we have legoland but it's cater for kids. Jb has 4 international theme parks but they're all for children. It doesn't have to be six flag or USS standard. A good sized park with a few interesting roller coaster rides, nice design with good shops and 2-3 mid sized hotels will do the trick.

Another thing I hope for jb to archeive is more art museum and theatre. A big unique design musical and arts theatre in downtown jb, best is overlooking the sea. Or even in Puteri Harbour as its centralized enough for people to come from all over jb. No point building it at the very far end like seri alam where ppl need to drive such a long way to go there

Also another thing I hope for is a big nice and modern convention center. Persada is just too too old and dull and small. It looks like a dated stadium built in the 1980s honestly. The convention center will be able to host multiple exhibits at one time. Imagine annual Jb auto show (something I have been hoping for for a very long time), and annual Jb food exhibit to showcase the multi talents and great food of jb to the world, this will inspire more young and current chefs and restaurants to create better with more interesting innovative food and bring Malaysia one step higher to the world level.

I think the Container park concept is very very good. It helps nurture entrepreneurs to create and innovate their food to the next level. It brings out the identity of the local community also. Hope there will be container parks in every taman and estate.

And lastly, I think jb missing is a stretch of beach with multiple hotels and resorts. Similar to Penang or Hawaii or Gold Coast or even Patong of Phuket. I think Desaru has the potential to become that. 20-30 resorts overlooking the sea. You can just walk from one end to another enjoying the sea breeze with multiple local seafood restaurants drawing in the local and tourists money

Good suggestions! Now to find a way to give all these ideas to the state government. Do they have a feedback channel for the public?
glenj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:30 AM   #10008
rotiking

Likes (Received): 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenj View Post
Good suggestions! Now to find a way to give all these ideas to the state government. Do they have a feedback channel for the public?
Haha...i think state gov never lack of feedbacks/ suggestions. Lack of money only....and lack of population esp high net worth ppl. See, even opposition trying to chase away those chinese but Mahathir will welcome and give bangla IC easily.

Theme park, IRDA already got contact. No operator will come when they cant sell high price tickets with sufficient audiences base. See, legoland willing to come because khazanah held controlling stake in the project...not quite profitable theme park to date.

Others, meseum, park... all need money. N state gov did built a sireh park n in progress. Others like beaches can find strategy partners. Like i previously suggested mersing coast several islands can collaborate with china big 4 giant developers to build up as a wedding location targeting on multibillions travel weddings industry....bcoz prc chinese like to wed in tropical island with nice beaches.

Others like meseum, art gallery, park.... slowly build can already bcoz those thing do not generate return.

FayedLee liked this post
rotiking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 01:38 PM   #10009
FayedLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotiking View Post
Like i previously suggested mersing coast several islands can collaborate with china big 4 giant developers[/B] to build up as a wedding location targeting on multibillions travel weddings industry....
Second that but not Mersing Laguna. Say no to reclamation

Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:24 PM   #10010
rotiking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayedLee View Post
Second that but not Mersing Laguna. Say no to reclamation
Well, nearby mersing got a few beautiful islands, eg pulau sibu, pulau tinggi etc. Build thematically weddings buildings plus lots of marketing targetting on china.

Moderate reclamation should be fine, not to the point destroy its ecosystem.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:21 AM   #10011
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 6114

Larkin Stadium to be upgraded.

[/url]how to screen capture

source: https://www.facebook.com/johorsoutherntigers.com.my/

FayedLee, aim11086 liked this post
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 08:31 AM   #10012
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14097

Iskandar Malaysia records RM32.15bil investments in 2016
Thursday, 23 March 2017

Quote:
JOHOR BARU: Iskandar Malaysia registers a total investment of RM32.15bil in 2016, surpassing its annual target of RM25bil, Iskandar Regional Development Authority chief executive Datuk Ismail Ibrahim said.
In a statement, he said the fourth quarter of 2016 alone saw the economic region secured RM3.6bil in new investments.

Since 2006 until Dec 31 last year, Iskandar Malaysia recorded a total cumulative investment of RM222.44bil, of which RM119.5bil or 54% represents investments that have been realised as projects on the ground.

This total cumulative amount, he said also exceeded the initial targeted figure of RM149bil set when the region was first established.

“Domestic investments were recorded at RM134.5bil or 60%, while foreign investments were recorded at RM87.95bil or 40% from the total cumulative committed investments,” he said.

Throughout the 10 years of lskandar Malaysia’s development, Ismail said substantial changes could be seen in the region, not only in terms of economic development but also in social development and sustainability.

This was the result of a strategic, comprehensive and meticulous planning of the comprehensive development for lskandar Malaysia. Initiatives to spur socio-economic activities have helped increase household income levels by 14.4% in 2014 compared with 2012, he added.

To date, about 702,000 jobs have been created in various economic sectors, including the services such as logistics, creative, tourism and education since the inception of Iskandar Malaysia. – Bernama
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...B2G5AzJAstJ.99
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!

firoz bharmal, byong_sun, EzadHfizy liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:49 AM   #10013
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 2603

Forest City

http://www.designboom.com/architectu...en-02-10-2017/

rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 02:02 PM   #10014
rotiking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
Above are runner up product. Below i posted on forest city forum.
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/EnsxX-_ADqhnFvCk_fD1QA
Champion:
云端•森林城市
THE CLOUD-FOREST CITY

Runner up

山·水·云·林

林谷之间

Third place

垂直雨林城市

Student group:
Excellence Award
第二自然:梯田森林城市生态再造

城市绿丘

consolation prize

光动城市

[/QUOTE]

Old March 24th, 2017, 04:16 AM   #10015
The Psychedelic Furs
Love My Way

Likes (Received): 471

The Psychedelic Furs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #10016
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14097

The Marina @ Danga Bay
http://www.iskandarwaterfront.com/th...bay-i7-29.aspx

The Marina @ Danga Bay like other major waterfront destinations all over the world, will be the lifeline of Iskandar with its ever evolving development invigorating international communities. The Marina @ Danga Bay will not only be a place to relax, but enjoyment of people & water activities as well as F&B establishment, live entertainments, and retails outlets.

Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 10:51 AM   #10017
EzadHfizy
In the brig

Likes (Received): 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
The Marina @ Danga Bay

The Marina @ Danga Bay like other major waterfront destinations all over the world, will be the lifeline of Iskandar with its ever evolving development invigorating international communities. The Marina @ Danga Bay will not only be a place to relax, but enjoyment of people & water activities as well as F&B establishment, live entertainments, and retails outlets.

new project? hmm a waterfront for JB like finally... where's the exact place, is it at danga bay convention centre?
EzadHfizy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 02:05 PM   #10018
han29

Likes (Received): 449

why can't they call it something else...

calling it that is just asking people to think of it as an imitation of the one in SG
han29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 04:46 AM   #10019
xtremesportx

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
The Marina @ Danga Bay

Hmmmm.... I think I saw many many similar photos many many years back...

If CC took over I believe and there'll be a 90% chance of it materialised

If local company take over there'll be a 2% chance of it materialised. Don't you agree?
xtremesportx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:22 AM   #10020
FayedLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
I wonder if JB will still be ranked 3rd without Singapore just across the water. Perhaps it won't even be on the list because there would be little to no expatriates.
Can I know which part of JB you stay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
johor bahru