shower and loo in one room or separate? - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers > Skyscraper Living

Skyscraper Living For all skydwellers, metropolitans and urbanites with a happy view!

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: Separate room for the bathroom and toilet or all in one?
separate 10 50.00%
all in one 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 1st, 2018, 02:06 PM   #21
Jonesy55
Mooderator

Likes (Received): 25047

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraperDude View Post
I found the bathrooms in Stockholm to be some of the saddest I have ever seen. It was the old school ones with shower, sink and toilet all in one area with a drain in the center of the floor.
Those 'wet room' type setups are quite fashionable here.

Jonesy55 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2018, 09:57 AM   #22
Adde

Likes (Received): 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraperDude View Post
I found the bathrooms in Stockholm to be some of the saddest I have ever seen. It was the old school ones with shower, sink and toilet all in one area with a drain in the center of the floor. Here in the U.S. I am ok with the shower and toilet in the same room.
I live in Stockholm and I don’t quite understand what you mean. Most Swedish bathrooms are just like American ones. There is something called a “Stockholm shower”, which matches what you’re describing. But those are only a thing in small apartments in older buildings (pre ~1915) where running water was installed after the house was built, and so bathrooms had to be installed in a closet or a part of the hallway. Those apartments didn’t have bathrooms at all originally. These days, people are more willing to change the layout of apartments like that, so the “Stockholm shower” is quickly becoming a thing of the past.

The vast majority of Stockholm bathrooms are totally normal though with separate areas for toilet, sink and shower/bath.
Adde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2018, 01:33 PM   #23
wakka12

Likes (Received): 3897

I dont see any problem with it at all, in fact I find it very practical
wakka12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2019, 08:49 PM   #24
A Chicagoan
I Love Chicago!

Likes (Received): 2936

For most people, it's probably just a matter of what they grew up with. Since I have always lived in the United States, I prefer to have the shower and toilet in the same room. But my imaginary friend Jean-Luc Perrin from Menthon-Saint-Bernard, France ("imaginary" because I just made him up for this post ) probably prefers to have a separate room for the toilet, just because he has always had it that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement