DORSETT HOTEL & RESIDENCES | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Imbi) | Completed - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Skyscrapers & Buildings

Skyscrapers & Buildings refurbishments and completed skyscrapers and high-rise buildings

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2019, 11:37 AM   #81
manffarz

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykl2020 View Post
RIP english

Biarkanlah Zawae87,

jgn ambil hati... bahasa omputeh salah pon ok.. kita belajar, lama lama ok la tu. Saya pon dulu dulu pon orang kampung, no hal. Dorang suka pandang rendah kalau grammar salah. Macam la HEBAT SANGAT Janji poket lebat hati senang

Cheers
manffarz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2019, 07:33 PM   #82
jimmykl2020

Likes (Received): 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium Falcon View Post
No thanks to PM No. 4's policy of neglecting the English language... And Zawae87 is a good example!

That Royale Chulan is actually quite nicely designed albeit in a wrong location... The interior though, is something else altogether - very spacious and contemporary, and the huge central foyer for events is something unique, not found in other hotels!

By the way, are the Dorsett Residences run like Ascott properties, like a hotel suites? Seems like it actually - although I recall that there were units for sale when the project was first launched, unless these are on the usual 5-year management contract basis...
LOL! And also an example of an easily offended generation

I agree, all i was saying (contrary to what Zawae87 feels), is that i think it isn't the best representation of traditional architecture and also in a wrong place, if it were to be in that plot a little fusion with modernity would elevate it to match the surrounding ones.

Side note, initially thought the bottom portion of this building was ugly, but it turned out pretty nice
jimmykl2020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 02:41 AM   #83
Millennium Falcon
Corellian YT-1300

Likes (Received): 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by manffarz View Post
Biarkanlah Zawae87,

jgn ambil hati... bahasa omputeh salah pon ok.. kita belajar, lama lama ok la tu. Saya pon dulu dulu pon orang kampung, no hal. Dorang suka pandang rendah kalau grammar salah. Macam la HEBAT SANGAT Janji poket lebat hati senang

Cheers
Hahaha, yet another butthurt person spotted... This is a Mat Salleh-created forum and while it's nice to post in BM once in a while, how do we expect foreigners to understand what is being written - not fair for them to miss out on what we are discussing, don't you think so?

Also, seems like Dorsett Residences appeared in Dorsett International's website for room booking - I think it really is being run like Ascott or Fraser-type hotel suites!
Old January 21st, 2019, 07:47 AM   #84
azey
Maintenant ou Jamais

Location: Paris,Londres,Milano,Italia, Marrakech,Portofino,Venise, Barcelone,Malaisie, Florence
Likes (Received): 1720

Indonesian and Thai forum mostly communicate in their own language proudly and never getting ridiculed for trying......sigh

Btw,Dorsett is local Malaysian based hotel right???i remember my dad once told me Dorsett and Concorde was two of the oldest hotel in KL including the bulldozed Mutiara Hotel
Old January 21st, 2019, 09:28 AM   #85
triple-j

Likes (Received): 209

My English is OK.
Tapi menarik jugak kalau sembang dalam bahasa kebangsaan. Biar terpinga pinga org luar.
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:33 PM   #86
manffarz

Quote:
Hahaha, yet another butthurt person spotted... This is a Mat Salleh-created forum and while it's nice to post in BM once in a while, how do we expect foreigners to understand what is being written - not fair for them to miss out on what we are discussing, don't you think so?

Also, seems like Dorsett Residences appeared in Dorsett International's website for room booking - I think it really is being run like Ascott or Fraser-type hotel suites!
So what if this forum was created by a Mat Salleh?

AramsA, buiscasey liked this post
Old January 21st, 2019, 01:51 PM   #87
manffarz

Quote:
LOL! And also an example of an easily offended generation
"An Easily Offended Generation"? Can you elaborate?
Old January 21st, 2019, 02:31 PM   #88
triple-j

Likes (Received): 209

Sebab Itula kita patut guna bahasa kebangsaan. Negara Filipina walaupun ramai boleh bercakap bahasa Inggeris, masih bersembang dalam Tagalog dalam forum mereka. Jom jom. Kita tak perlu Mat Salleh faham forum ni.

Mari kita kembali ke topik asal, projek Hotel Dorsett ini.

AramsA, shafiilham liked this post
triple-j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 04:57 PM   #89
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 750

Malay or English, please don't be condescending on those who are not so perfect in their writings. This forum is a place to engage in exchanging ideas, not putting down others. We should encourage and support those who dare to write in another language, and hope that their language and expression skills will improve. If we feel that we have to correct someone, do it constructively, instead of giving snide comments.

Kalau nak tulis dalam BM, teruskan tapi janganlah sebab kita anggap orang luar tidak berminat forum tempatan. Saya masuk forum bahasa lain untuk mengetahui keadaan dari sudut pandangan tempatan di sesuatu tempat itu. Kalau tak faham saya guna Google translate. Sekurang-kurangnya saya dapat faham intipati komen komen di situ.

Go ahead and write in English if you want to and don't feel defensive about it. Don't worry about people making fun of it. You are only trying to improve yourself and there is nothing to feel ashamed about it. People should respect you for trying, not be look down on you.

Cuba pulak yg selalu tulis dalam Bahasa Inggeris guna Bahasa Malaysia. Ada berani?

We are blessed with being multilinguistic. Make full use of that advantage and enrich the local forum. After all, even English language forums don't have their native speakers putting words and sentences perfectly. The most important thing is that you are comfortable in expressing yourself clearly..
Old January 22nd, 2019, 12:07 PM   #90
Kadzman

Likes (Received): 750

See, I have made a mistake already. It should be "not looking down", instead of "not be look down".
Kadzman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2019, 03:41 PM   #91
shazmiey

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzman View Post
Malay or English, please don't be condescending on those who are not so perfect in their writings. This forum is a place to engage in exchanging ideas, not putting down others. We should encourage and support those who dare to write in another language, and hope that their language and expression skills will improve. If we feel that we have to correct someone, do it constructively, instead of giving snide comments.

Kalau nak tulis dalam BM, teruskan tapi janganlah sebab kita anggap orang luar tidak berminat forum tempatan. Saya masuk forum bahasa lain untuk mengetahui keadaan dari sudut pandangan tempatan di sesuatu tempat itu. Kalau tak faham saya guna Google translate. Sekurang-kurangnya saya dapat faham intipati komen komen di situ.

Go ahead and write in English if you want to and don't feel defensive about it. Don't worry about people making fun of it. You are only trying to improve yourself and there is nothing to feel ashamed about it. People should respect you for trying, not be look down on you.

Cuba pulak yg selalu tulis dalam Bahasa Inggeris guna Bahasa Malaysia. Ada berani?

We are blessed with being multilinguistic. Make full use of that advantage and enrich the local forum. After all, even English language forums don't have their native speakers putting words and sentences perfectly. The most important thing is that you are comfortable in expressing yourself clearly..
shazmiey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:54 PM   #92
azey
Maintenant ou Jamais

Location: Paris,Londres,Milano,Italia, Marrakech,Portofino,Venise, Barcelone,Malaisie, Florence
Likes (Received): 1720

Quote:

See, I have made a mistake already. It should be "not looking down", instead of "not be look down".
dont worry ,some people with english as their first speaking language also got it wrong sometimes,only these snobs think their so great lol

*Singaporeans also so proud of their rojak language they even named it SINGLISH....

AramsA liked this post
azey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:54 AM   #93
Millennium Falcon
Corellian YT-1300

Likes (Received): 558

Going full Samuel L Jackson mode here)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHERF***ING ENGLISH AND BM BASHING!!!

LET'S JUST GET BACK ON TOPIC AND FORGET ALL THE BRICKBATS EARLIER (BYGONES BE BYGONES) - LEST WE ALL GET BANNED BY SZEHOONG!
Old July 11th, 2019, 08:10 PM   #94
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by azey View Post
Indonesian and Thai forum mostly communicate in their own language proudly and never getting ridiculed for trying......sigh

Btw,Dorsett is local Malaysian based hotel right???i remember my dad once told me Dorsett and Concorde was two of the oldest hotel in KL including the bulldozed Mutiara Hotel
The oldest 'modern' hotels in KL is The Federal, Hilton Hotel (Mutiara/Crowne Plaza) and Merlin (now Concorde).

Notable ones are The Majestic (its old form) which opens in the early 50s.
Old July 11th, 2019, 08:16 PM   #95
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Going full Samuel L Jackson mode here)
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHERF***ING ENGLISH AND BM BASHING!!!

LET'S JUST GET BACK ON TOPIC AND FORGET ALL THE BRICKBATS EARLIER (BYGONES BE BYGONES) - LEST WE ALL GET BANNED BY SZEHOONG!
Tiba2 my name being mentioned......I din even check this thread LOL

Anyway.....boleh je kitorang sembang dlm BM tp bila omputih x faham ape yg kita sembang ni, dan forum ni semakin merosot......hah.......jgn salahkan sape2 pulak.

We encouraged the use of BM and English but in certain threads where BM are used a lot, there's very few participation from the international community.

The Malaysian Forum used to be the largest forum for SEA and now of course it is not but we are one of the most visited by foreigners. That explains our initial fast growth - because we communicate mostly in English. That is our strength.

Millennium Falcon liked this post
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 08:21 PM   #96
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 1269

Quote:

It was more about what the person said that ticked off people. Architecture aesthetics appreciation is really subjective: everyone has a right to comment if he or she likes it or not.

I also agree with you wholeheartedly that language skills should not be a barrier to communicating or commenting here.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 08:23 PM   #97
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
the royal chulan needs a massive facelift or demolishing...it's traditional in a bad way
I actually think it is a very good-looking building.

Although no modern building could replicate vernicular architecture in scale and proportion, I do think it gives KL a breath of fresh air from those monotonous glass boxes.

Plus it is always a good thing to have a variety of architectural structures which is a defining attribute of KL.

Urbanlover84 liked this post
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement