Bangladesh Aviation - Part 15 - Page 42 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Bangladesh > Heritage, Tourism & Infrastructure

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 16th, 2019, 02:09 PM   #821
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Likes (Received): 936

Quote:
Originally Posted by TariqHasan View Post
Once the roads become decent, I'd expect to see flights criss crossing the country and CGP become a secondary hub for domestic flights. We should see flights from Chittagong to Jessore, Rajshahi, Sylhet etc. People from all over the country work in the port city. The number will increase even further when the Mirsarai economic zone goes into full swing.
That doesn't make a sense. When travel time by road is cut in half and costs one third or even less than a plane ticket, majority of the folks who fly now shall take to the road.

Last edited by TIslam; August 16th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
TIslam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2019, 03:55 PM   #822
TariqHasan

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turzo View Post
Flight review.
USBangla Airlines
DAC-RJH
BS163.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNSoNAhPjFI

I am just at Nursery level of video editing. Beg apology in advance.
Thanks for sharing. No need to apologize. Here's my feedback.
There are a few things you could improve on. As the first step, I'd say work on the audio input.
And people who are not familiar with Eid-ul-Adha, might be shell shocked with the ending of the video :-). You could make a separate video for that but that was not related to the flight review :-).
TariqHasan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 07:06 AM   #823
Turzo

Likes (Received): 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by TariqHasan View Post
Thanks for sharing. No need to apologize. Here's my feedback.
There are a few things you could improve on. As the first step, I'd say work on the audio input.
And people who are not familiar with Eid-ul-Adha, might be shell shocked with the ending of the video :-). You could make a separate video for that but that was not related to the flight review :-).
I will remember.

I add some words in the description after your comment.
Old August 19th, 2019, 07:06 AM   #824
jason.kazi
Supermember

Likes (Received): 5129

Report on country's helicopter industry

jason.kazi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2019, 10:03 AM   #825
shatilislam
Hungryforsky

Likes (Received): 9

Hon'ble Prime Minister has expressed interest to purchase two cargo aircrafts for Biman. What is your view on this?

I think this is important for Biman to commence dedicated cargo operations.
shatilislam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2019, 12:49 PM   #826
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatilislam View Post
Hon'ble Prime Minister has expressed interest to purchase two cargo aircrafts for Biman. What is your view on this?

It is better to convert two of the first 77W to 77F rather than new purchase. Convert the rurchage right of two 787-8 to 787-10 and use 787-10 instead of 77W in LHR daily/six weekly.
Old August 21st, 2019, 02:30 PM   #827
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatilislam View Post

Quote:
It is better to convert two of the first 77W to 77F rather than new purchase. Convert the rurchage right of two 787-8 to 787-10 and use 787-10 instead of 77W in LHR daily/six weekly.
As far as I know, Bangladesh PM is no aviation expert and so, I'm sure the idea was suggested to her. To me, it's cart before the horse. Has BG made a market potential analysis that was conducted by competent technical experts? What makes them believe such a need exists when the major carriers in neighboring countries do not have dedicated freighters? Because of the garment industry? It is far too expensive to ship garments by air. Exporters do it on occasion on emergency basis such as when a deadline has to be met. When that happens the exporter/manufacturer's shipping cost cuts into its profits.

In regards to increasing DAC-LHR frequency, it's really not within Biman's control is it? I believe LHR authorities have to grant additional slots to BG, which isn't automatic.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 06:47 AM   #828
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIslam View Post
As far as I know, Bangladesh PM is no aviation expert and so, I'm sure the idea was suggested to her. To me, it's cart before the horse. Has BG made a market potential analysis that was conducted by competent technical experts? What makes them believe such a need exists when the major carriers in neighboring countries do not have dedicated freighters? Because of the garment industry? It is far too expensive to ship garments by air. Exporters do it on occasion on emergency basis such as when a deadline has to be met. When that happens the exporter/manufacturer's shipping cost cuts into its profits.

In regards to increasing DAC-LHR frequency, it's really not within Biman's control is it? I believe LHR authorities have to grant additional slots to BG, which isn't automatic.
Biman has technical data related to that. It was positive toward two/three dedicated cargo aircraft. Problem is in connectivity. Biman looking EK partnership or other for more connectivity.

Biman has slot at LHR. Biman use four out of six. I hope bilateral agreement can easily give them another one.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 11:02 AM   #829
saahmed

Likes (Received): 76

PM inaugurates Biman’s third Dreamliner ‘Gaangchil’

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina today inaugurated ‘Gaangchil’, the third Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, setting up a new milestone for the national flag carrier.

After the inauguration, Sheikh Hasina boarded and inspected inside the aircraft and talked to its pilots and other crew members.

Biman’s MD and CEO said ‘Gangchil’ will depart Dhaka for Abu Dhabi in its maiden flight at 5:30 pm today.

The third Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, the 15th aircraft of the national flag carrier, was added to the Biman’s fleet on July 25. It landed at HISA directly from the USA’s Seattle’s Boeing Factory in the afternoon on the day.

The prime minister named all the Dreamliners, the sources said.

Source: https://www.thedailystar.net/country...-opens-1788883

Rokto14, patel2897 liked this post
saahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2019, 10:40 AM   #830
Spiderguy252

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Boeing's 77F is based on the 772LR and not on the 77W.

I don't think there is a single case of a carrier converting a 77W to a freighter.
Spiderguy252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2019, 11:40 AM   #831
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderguy252 View Post
Boeing's 77F is based on the 772LR and not on the 77W.

I don't think there is a single case of a carrier converting a 77W to a freighter.
What Biman can buy in stead of converting ?
What will you say?
Old August 25th, 2019, 01:58 PM   #832
Spiderguy252

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
What Biman can buy in stead of converting ?
What will you say?
Yes, Biman will have to order the 77F if it wants to own freighters.

The 77Ws in any case are hardly old - why would BG put them out of pax service?
Spiderguy252 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2019, 04:49 PM   #833
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderguy252 View Post
Yes, Biman will have to order the 77F if it wants to own freighters.

The 77Ws in any case are hardly old - why would BG put them out of pax service?
Doesn't make sense to me. It is probably cost effective for large fleet carriers and dedicated freight service providers like FedEx and UPS.
Old August 26th, 2019, 02:04 AM   #834
Silv3r
el tabador

Likes (Received): 20

I think there is enough cargo volume with current passenger fleet, BG just need to utilize it's potential.
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:04 AM   #835
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 5225

Biman Bangladesh 4th and Last B787-8 S2-AJU first test flight from PAE today, then to PDX for painting.

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status...43799697432576
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

Rokto14 liked this post
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2019, 01:44 PM   #836
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv3r View Post
I think there is enough cargo volume with current passenger fleet, BG just need to utilize it's potential.
BD already use this cargo area and they are using of it's full.

In JED, DMM, RUH, LHR, SIN, DOH, MCT------------the cargo hold is always full.
Old August 26th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #837
despaired

Likes (Received): 49

https://www.thedailystar.net/busines...oct-28-1790842
despaired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2019, 09:24 PM   #838
dd2402

Likes (Received): 87

I don't get why there is so much negativity about freight expansion. I think vegetables and tropical fruit exports can play a big part in future exports. To maintain quality and integrity of seasonal fruits like mangoes, lychies and jackfruit air freight connections are of utmost importance. Beyond that the RMG sector should clock in $50b in exports in a matter of 2 to 3 years and expected go much further, even if 5% of all RMG exports use air freight I think the market potentials are just massive. just my two cents.
dd2402 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2019, 04:00 AM   #839
TIslam
Towhid Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd2402 View Post
I don't get why there is so much negativity about freight expansion. I think vegetables and tropical fruit exports can play a big part in future exports. To maintain quality and integrity of seasonal fruits like mangoes, lychies and jackfruit air freight connections are of utmost importance. Beyond that the RMG sector should clock in $50b in exports in a matter of 2 to 3 years and expected go much further, even if 5% of all RMG exports use air freight I think the market potentials are just massive. just my two cents.
It isn't an issue of negativity. It is simply a contention that GoB ought not to waste peoples money in sectors where ROI has been a net negative vis a vis Biman.

If people feel, although it shouldn't be a matter of intuition/feelings rather proposals backed up with objective data/facts, that air freight industry in Bangladesh has good prospects, let the private industry take it up and run with it. GoB should provide incentive by providing tax breaks and loan guarantees so that the private sector could expand their air cargo operations.

At the end of the day, air freight activities in and out of DAC is alive and kicking regardless whether BG is a participant or not.
Old August 27th, 2019, 04:18 AM   #840
Turzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by despaired View Post
Biman Bangladesh Airlines will start its flight operation to Madina from Dhaka on October 28 this year.

The airlines today issued a press release in this regard.

According to the plan, the national flag carrier will fly on the Dhaka-Madina route for four days in a week -- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday-- for the first time.

All the flights will be operated with Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner with a capacity of 24 business class and 247 economic class, the press release reads.

The tickets for travelling on the route will be available at Biman’s all sale centres, travel agent, Biman’s all call centres and its official website www.biman-airlines.com.

The airlines will soon announce the ticket price and specific date for buying tickets.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: