Kochi | Cochin International Airport | COK - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 2nd, 2010, 05:44 AM   #101
arundinil
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun n b View Post
Thank you Arun (from one Arun to another!) for your numerous posts. I had been following this thread from the outside for a couple of months and your informative posts have inspired me to jump in to it myself.
So is the in-line baggage screening at COK actually operational now? When I passed through COK three weeks ago it had not yet started.
It is also interesting that traffic through COK has continued to climb. The AAI website traffic info has shown COK as 4th in international aircraft movement and passengers (after DEL, BOM & MAA) consistently ever since 2003 or so but they had not provided the data for recent months. Thanks for all the info!
Thanks Buddy

No, the in-line baggage screening is not activated till now. They will activate this month as already they recevied security clearance from Bureau of Civil Aviation Security. They have imported and installed the systems way back in 2009, but was awaiting for permission from BCAS, which they got now only. Probably a few trial runs for its internal training purposes may go now. Anyhow I think, probably by the rush time (from next week), they will activate it, to reduce the long ques before scanning machines. The current scanners probably will be taken to domestic terminal for faster clearance.

I donot have any stats with me, other than what published in Newspaper. The Airport's directorial board reported an Annual passenger traffic of 3.88 million for 2009 with around 420 aircrafts movements per week (420 arrivals and 420 departures) with nearly 61 flights daily by 15 international carriers and 7 domestic carriers

The press and airport's own PR unit continues to claim 4th busiest international airport though I think in general traffic terms BLR is the 4th largest. I suppose we have more international passengers than domestic, hence more passenger base flying international than domestic, unlike other metro airports like BLR or HYD or Kolkkatta or Ahmedabad etc Perhaps I suppose after Del, Bom and Maa, ours it the largest international traffic airport

I am not sure, as I have no other details other than what CIAL says. If mistaken, pls rectify me

Thanks
arundinil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2010, 07:50 AM   #102
arundinil
BANNED

More airlines to CIAL

Just today my friend Arun, has asked me about stats of CIAL passenger

Now in New Indian Express, a press release about CIAL's tremendous jump in Passenger traffic and new projects came up

With more airlines showing keen interest to launch services from the Cochin International Airport (CIAL), the airport is all set to achieve the 4.5 million passenger-traffic target in the current financial year registering a growth of 15 percent when compared to the previous year. The passenger traffic was 3.93 million in 2009-10. Many existing airlines have approached CIAL enquiring about the possibility of enhancing the schedule.

New Connections

[IMG]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:SALWCJtmUxZXeM:http://srilankanair.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/srilankan.jpg&t=1[/IMG]

SriLankan Air, which stopped its service to various airports in India including Kochi a couple of years ago, has decided to resume service from Cochin Airport in next January. SriLankan Air is likely to operate three schedules in a week.

Expo Air, the cargo airlines based in Sri Lanka, is expected to launch its service in Kochi by September 8.

Condor Airlines, the German-based no-frills global airlines, is proposed to operate its maiden service on the Kochi-Frankfurt sector from November 4.

AkashGanga Airlines, which pledges to serve the domestic air passengers, especially from north India, will spread its wings to Kochi soon, once its proposal gets approved by DGCA. A low-cost carrier, it will initially operate on the Lucknow-Kochi sector. AkashGanga Airlines, operating tourism-related services, is considering CIAL as its hub in South India and will have a ‘tie-up connection’ to Nepal. http://www.flyakashganga.com/

Enhanced connections

SpiceJet and Indigo Airlines are likely to launch international operations from Kochi as soon as they get clearance to operate international services.
Both airlines have achieved the qualifying criteria by completing five-year operations in the domestic sector with over 20 aircraft. Go Air will increase by three flights a week and Indigo Airlines will increase its operation from three to four in a week from Kochi.

Air India will launch flight service in the Kochi-Agatti sector from September 5. AI will operate the services on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Apart from that, AI will operate a second daily direct flight from Kochi to Delhi in evenings and additional flight in morning to Mumbai.

Kuwait Airways will increase its service to seven flights a week on the Kuwait-Kochi-Kuwait sector from January 2011. Kuwait Airways currently operates three flights in this sector.

As a part of increasing the service on the Doha-Kochi sector, Qatar Airways launched an additional service in the Doha-Kochi-Doha sector on Wednesdays and Mondays. The flight, QR 266, landed in Kochi from Doha at 7.55 am and left for Doha as QR 267 at 8.55 am on the same day.

Qatar Airways has announced an increase in frequency of flights from Kochi in a phased manner within two months. It is currently operating daily services to the Cochin Airport and will get two additional flights from November 5. With the new additional flights, Qatar Airways will have 11 flights to Kochi in a week. At present, about 15 airlines operating international services and seven airlines having domestic services from Cochin Airport are handling about 9,000 passengers in 130 aircraft daily.

Kudos to CIAL
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:13 AM   #103
arundinil
BANNED

KF Kochi-Colombo route may be delayed

The proposal of direct Kingfisher flights from Kochi to Colombo as well as from TVM to Colombo will be delayed till Jan, due to few internal refleeting process. The earlier announcement was to start the direct KF Flight to Colombo from Kochi and TVM on Oct 1st. However CIAL hasn't recevied any formal communication from KF, regarding this route and an internal source reports that, the service may be delayed till Jan 2011.

However the happy news is that Air India is planning to start an IC coded services from Kochi to Colombo, by November, considering the boom in tourist travel between the two countries. The airline is awaiting clearance from its scheduling dept and once its approved, the service will soon start. Likewise there was a proposal to extend Dubai-Kochi AIE flight to Colombo in Dubai-Kochi-CMB-Kochi-DXB route to tap the growing number of tourists from Dubai to Sri Lanka and increase the number of load factor for AIE, especially during lean season. However no decision is made yet.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM   #104
rahul86

Likes (Received): 0

If Indigo and Spice Jet starts their services, then AIX would have definite competition to survive. But I am sure the Aviation Ministry wont allow services to places in the Middle East from Kerala since the gulf route is the only profitable route for the Air India family(maybe a few places like Sharjah, Dammam would be allowed).

Hope they start services to places in the South East like Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and maybe to places like Maldives and Colombo.

Regards,
Rahul R
rahul86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:31 PM   #105
arundinil
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul86 View Post
If Indigo and Spice Jet starts their services, then AIX would have definite competition to survive. But I am sure the Aviation Ministry wont allow services to places in the Middle East from Kerala since the gulf route is the only profitable route for the Air India family(maybe a few places like Sharjah, Dammam would be allowed).

Hope they start services to places in the South East like Hong Kong, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and maybe to places like Maldives and Colombo.

Regards,
Rahul R

I don't think Spicejet and Indigo have authorization to fly to ME, as what I understand is that their initial authorization is to fly only to SAARC and SE regions. Perhaps, Spicejet, under its new Management- Maran of Sun Network may able to get ME authorization, if he is interested due to DMK's influence.

I feel, starting additional flights to ME, particularly UAE and Bahrain would reduce the competitive edge in long run, as already too much airlines operate. Perhaps underserved regions in ME would be advantage, for example Salalah in Oman, Al-Ain, RAK and Fujarah in UAE, Damman, Jeddah and Mina in Saudi or Kuwait city etc, rather than the glamourous Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah or Riyadh or Bahrain or Muscat or Doha routes.

It would be nice to see a direct connections from Kochi to Bangkok or Jakarta or KL or Langkwi or Bali or Dhaka or even Islamabad or Karachi. I hope Indigo and Spicejet would concentrate in such new routes, rather the traditional classic Spice Route

Thanks
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:47 AM   #106
arun n b

Traffic data from AAI website

This is the latest traffic data available at the Airports Authority of India website aai.aero. Please note it is for October 2009. In subsequent months, they have provided a summary of increases but no numerical data regarding individual airports. This is the latest month for which individual airport data in terms of number of aircraft movements and number of passengers (each divided into international, domestic and combined) are available on the website.
http://www.aai.aero/traffic_news/oct2k9annex2.pdf
http://www.aai.aero/traffic_news/oct2k9annex3.pdf
arun n b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:04 AM   #107
arun n b

Traffic news AAI

Data is also available on the AAI website www.aai.aero under traffic news for all the months of 2007 through Oct 2009. Kochi has been consistently 7th in terms of total passengers and aircraft movements (after DEL, BOM, MAA, BLR, HYD, CCU) and consistently 4th in international passengers and aircraft movements (after DEL, BOM, MAA). BLR has generally been 5th. The 6th to 8th spots have shifted between HYD, TRV and Calicut, with Kolkata usually at 9th place.
arun n b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM   #108
arundinil
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun n b View Post
Data is also available on the AAI website www.aai.aero under traffic news for all the months of 2007 through Oct 2009. Kochi has been consistently 7th in terms of total passengers and aircraft movements (after DEL, BOM, MAA, BLR, HYD, CCU) and consistently 4th in international passengers and aircraft movements (after DEL, BOM, MAA). BLR has generally been 5th. The 6th to 8th spots have shifted between HYD, TRV and Calicut, with Kolkata usually at 9th place.
Thats great to hear, despite of more International carriers like Air France or BA in BLR and HYD, we could outshine them and be remain as 4th most busiest airport in India

Surely more efforts must be rendered to ensure, that this Airport goes real world class and the state-of-the-art in real terms rather than paper definitions

By the way, I have a solid information that Thai Airways is probing for market study for launching a route to Kochi. They have earlier initiated some market research in 2004, but left inbetween, due to recession, increasing aviation costs and reduced internal operations due to SARS.

If things go well, soon in 2011, we can see a Star Alliance member flying down to Kochi

Thanks
Old September 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM   #109
rahul86

Awesome, as I expected
I hope they start their flights before the next summer session. Bangkok is one of the tourist destinations which people from Kerala prefer. Travel agents can make the advantage by offering affordable tour packages.

Regards,
Rahul R
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM   #110
killerk

Likes (Received): 1813

Quote:
Awesome, as I expected
I hope they start their flights before the next summer session. Bangkok is one of the tourist destinations which people from Kerala prefer. Travel agents can make the advantage by offering affordable tour packages.

Regards,
Rahul R
In addition to that they can also get a lot of transit passengers from Australia...a market that has been growing rapidly!!
killerk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM   #111
arundinil
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerk View Post
In addition to that they can also get a lot of transit passengers from Australia...a market that has been growing rapidly!!
Thats right. Direct Kochi-Bangkok service means more connecting options especially to China. This is because Thailand offers more connectivity at highly competitive rates to China and Japan than Malaysian or Singaporean airlines.

Moreover there is a strong tourist traffic from Orient to Kerala. Thai can surely cash on that.

Thanks
Old September 4th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #112
arundinil
BANNED

Air India Express from Kerala grounded temporarily.

Air India Express from Kerala grounded temporarily.

A major crew shortage has forced Air India Express to cancel a number of its flights from three airports in Kerala to various destinations in the Middle East from next week.

An Air India spokesperson told that the cancellations would begin from next week of September and would be there till the end of October.

'Around 203 (73 from Kozhikode, 74 from Thiruvananthapuram, 73 from Kozhikode and 56 from Kochi) flights stand cancelled. Some of these flights which originate from Mumbai touch Kochi and then fly to Middle-East. Hence this is taken as two flights and hence the number looks so large,' said the official. We will resume our operations, untill a major overhaul process is complete, to ensure a grievance free travel, says in the press release

The major destinations of the cancelled flights include Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Muscat and Kuwait.

'The travel plans of all those who are booked on the cancelled flights will not be affected because we will accommodate them on other airlines and in case they want a refund, that also would be taken care of,' said the official. Nearly 45,000 passengers stands affected.

E.M. Najeeb, president of the Confederation of Tourism Industry, expressed shock at the manner in which Air India has cancelled flights from the state.

'They should not have booked passengers. Didn't they know of a shortage of cabin crew,' asked Najeeb.

'Now it remains to be seen if this is going to be a gold mine for other airlines operating to the Middle-East. The cancellations have taken place when the tourism season is beginning and there is every likelihood of an increase in airfares during this period,' added Najeeb.

The cancellations will make a major impact as holiday season in Middle East is coming to end by next week of September and heavy rush for passengers returning back to ME starts next week, coupled with Ramadan holidays.

Thanks
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #113
rahul86

I think AIX seriously need to think about re-fleeting of their flights from India. After the Mangalore accident, a lot of schedules went hay wire and at the same time they have crew shortage. A lot of flights had to be cancelled - my mom and dad had to suffer for 24 hours at the Abu Dhabi and Muscat airport since there were technical glitches in the B737.

In the long run, it would help AIX to recur from their losses and save money at the same time. They can also keep 2 flights for handy in case some of the schedules tend to get cancelled. This similar exercise can be done for IC/AI since Delhi is going to be a hub for AI.

Regards,
Rahul R
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #114
arundinil
BANNED

Quote:
I think AIX seriously need to think about re-fleeting of their flights from India. After the Mangalore accident, a lot of schedules went hay wire and at the same time they have crew shortage. A lot of flights had to be cancelled - my mom and dad had to suffer for 24 hours at the Abu Dhabi and Muscat airport since there were technical glitches in the B737.

In the long run, it would help AIX to recur from their losses and save money at the same time. They can also keep 2 flights for handy in case some of the schedules tend to get cancelled. This similar exercise can be done for IC/AI since Delhi is going to be a hub for AI.

Regards,
Rahul R

AIE surely need a refleeting. But the time chosen for it was wrong. If they are going to do now, not only it will incur billions of Rs worth losses for them, but also will eventually spoil the brand forever. Already AIE lost its repute and goodwill due to constant glitches and delays. But by cancelling its complete operations at this crucial hour, it has almost ruined the last remaining faith which people had in AI

They could have done refleeting after sept, once the rush comes down. People when they book AI, knows well that there will be delays and late, hence an average passenger for AIE would keep atleast one day as a buffer. But by cancellation, they exposed more than 45,000 people's future in brink because of acute shortage in flights, fares already touched atleast 4 times what was a month ago. Those people who booked in AIE for sept, booked fares to Abu Dhabi or Dubai, just for Rs 7000 or 9000, will now have to pay more than Rs 30,000 or 40,000 for travel in Etihad or Emirates or Qatar.

What I feel, AIE now completely lost its creditability and faith. They may have to bear huge consequences for this move. I hope CIAL will not allow AI to become anchor airline, as it will lose CIAL's repute and creditability. I feel, they must not partner with AI for its prestigious MRO facility, only to end up with an egg in its face.
Old September 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #115
arundinil
BANNED

CIAL's new hospital project

CIAL now revises the plan for a larger hospital in its proposed Airport City.

In last October 2009, CIAL called tender for a 60 bed hospital for which CIAL will provide land in front of Cargo complex. Out of 17 tenders received, CIAL has shortlisted 5 players and was in process for discussing about the prospects.

However the airport management now feels a revision required in the original business plan, as proposed by one of the short-listed company. CIAL plans to lease larger land to provide space for a multi-specialty hospital along with space for constructing a medical college and research center. As the medical tourism is booming, along with rise of several premium hospitals in the state, a smaller airport hospital version won't be feasible as the scalability is limited in its original concept

Its not decided, whether the company go for a retendering or choose among the current short-listed parties. 2 short listed firms are UAE based hospital chains, whereas 3 from Kerala. The company currently plans to provide land near to Golf Club for this new project.

CIAL was planning to commission the hospital facility by end of 2012. However with this new target, it seems to be unlikely without finalizing the project and works to start. Currently CIAL has a small clinic and 10 bed emergency unit inside the terminal, operated by Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences.

Anyhow, one more major project from CIAL's stables, is surely fuels more non-aviation income.

Thanks
Old September 5th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #116
arundinil
BANNED

BA Code shared flights to Kochi

Kingfisher Airlines and British Airways (BA) entered in code sharing deal, which can increases the load capacity of both the flights more than 10%. By code-sharing, BA can provide connectivity to 11 Domestic routes using its own BA Code (over Kingfisher Flights) and on Srilanka route, whereas KF Guests can interconnect themselves to 11 cities in Europe, using KF code (over BA Flights).

By this, BA passengers to India, can easily interconnect to 11 destinations in India served by KF, which includes KOCHI.

Currently KF has 5 services to Kochi from 3 metros, apart from its Lakshadweep operations from Kochi. KF is planning to expand its domestic route and proposed for a direct connectivity from Kochi to Delhi and Kochi to Kochi to Hyderabad. This is in-addition to KF Kochi-Colombo sector.

Thanks
Old September 5th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #117
arundinil
BANNED

Games in Delhi, Gamers in Kerala........

When it comes to attracting tourists, the Commonwealth Games seem to be losing out to the southern charm. Most of the tourists coming for the sporting event want to go to south to get a taste of India. Air India, the official carrier for the Games, is providing special holiday packages for officials, delegates and tourists coming for the mega event. According to the national carrier, most of the bookings have been for Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala.

This is followed by bookings for the popular 'Golden Triangle' circuit — Delhi-Agra-Jaipur, said an Air India spokesman. “Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh is also high on the must-see list of tourists coming for the Games," he said.

The national carrier had signed a memorandum of understanding with the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee in October last year, after which bookings were opened. The special packages being offered are for the limited period around the Games.

“Apart from these areas, there have some bookings for tourist places in the northeast also,” he said.

Air India would ferry all Games officials and athletes in special chartered flights instead of its scheduled commercial flights. For the holiday packages, Air India would provide road transport, transfers, accommodation, food and sightseeing trips.

The packages are available along with round trip air tickets to India during the Games. The airline is also considering re-routing and upgrading of aircraft depending on the size of foreign delegations.

Sources in the airline, however, said the response from tourists has been less than encouraging.

Senior airline officials, requesting anonymity, said instead of picking up now with the Games only a month away, the bookings have stagnated.

SOURCE: http://www.hindustantimes.com/Games-...e1-592339.aspx
Old September 6th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #118
rahul86

Quote:
Originally Posted by arundinil View Post
Kingfisher Airlines and British Airways (BA) entered in code sharing deal, which can increases the load capacity of both the flights more than 10%. By code-sharing, BA can provide connectivity to 11 Domestic routes using its own BA Code (over Kingfisher Flights) and on Srilanka route, whereas KF Guests can interconnect themselves to 11 cities in Europe, using KF code (over BA Flights).

By this, BA passengers to India, can easily interconnect to 11 destinations in India served by KF, which includes KOCHI.

Currently KF has 5 services to Kochi from 3 metros, apart from its Lakshadweep operations from Kochi. KF is planning to expand its domestic route and proposed for a direct connectivity from Kochi to Delhi and Kochi to Kochi to Hyderabad. This is in-addition to KF Kochi-Colombo sector.

Thanks
Actually, BA already has this privilege in their website. Two months back when I checked their website to book a ticket to LHR from Kochi the option is present. I could also choose options from cities like Mangalore too.

But, the flight option from KF is being shown incorrectly(from Kochi). So, I am not sure how reliable booking from non-metros would be through http://www.britishairways.com. BA has invited KF to join oneWorld alliance to be mentored and would join their alliance within 1-2 years i guess.

Regards,
Rahul R
Old September 6th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #119
arundinil
BANNED

KF's dues to CIAL

The Association of Private Operators’ Organisation (APAO) — a body representing all the five privatised airports in India, comprising of Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Cochin and Bangalore — has asked the Ministry of Civil Aviation to help a few private airlines clear their dues.

APAO, general secretary, Satyan Nayar told Express that the association took up the issue of non-payment of dues by a few airlines like Kingfisher, with the Ministry of Civil Aviation.

The GMR Group which runs airports at Delhi and Hyderabad had put Kingfisher airlines on cash-and-carry, due to payment defaults. Now, the other private operators also want the dues settled soon.

“Kingfisher Airlines has a substantial amount due with other APAO members like the Bengaluru International Airport Limited (BIAL) and the Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL). In August, the APAO took up this issue with the Ministry of Civil Aviation, to help the airline clear its dues.
APAO expects the Ministry will take action to solve this issue, as this is affecting the viability of airport operators,” he said.

Recently, GVK Power and Infrastructure Limited, which manages the Bengaluru International Airport and the Mumbai Airport said that it would not put Kingfisher Airlines on cash-and-carry mode, as the airline had already paid Rs 20 crore and promised to pay the remaining dues soon.

Apart from private airports, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) too has substantial dues from the private airlines.

According to Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel’s recent statement in the parliament, private operators owe Rs 304.65 crore, with Kingfisher Airlines topping the list with Rs 184.87 crore dues, followed by Jet Airways with Rs 50.99 crore dues. While, IndiGo, SpiceJet, Go Air and Paramount, owed Rs 11.19 crore, Rs 11.14 crore, Rs 5.29 crore and Rs 4.53 crore respectively, others accounted to Rs 36.64 crore.

Thanks

Source:-http://expressbuzz.com/cities/bangalore/%E2%80%98make-sure-kingfisher-pays-its-dues%E2%80%99/204368.html
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #120
arundinil
BANNED

Air India Express to restore soon

he cancellation of nearly 300 Air India Express (AIE) flights from Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi and Kozhikode airports and adjoining Mangalore to five Gulf destinations from Tuesday is only a ‘correction plan' to overcome the cabin crew shortage and the National Aviation Company of India Ltd (NACIL) intends to restore it when the winter schedule comes into effect from October 31.

Kerala is an “important and un-ignorable market” for the NACIL and it is from Thiruvananthapuram international airport that the Air India Express commenced flight operations for the first time and that to the Gulf sector.

“Cancellations were part of the correction plan. The non-peak season was chosen for it. The cancellations will not be a permanent fixture as alleged by some quarters,” a NACIL official told The Hindu.

The NACIL has already conducted walk-in test for the cabin crew in Kochi for the Air India Express. “Over 900 candidates had reported for the test at Kochi and we hope that the shortage will be overcome and we intend to restore the cancelled flights from three airports in the State in the winter schedule,” he said.

The airline is closely monitoring the situation following the cancellation of the nearly 300 flights of the Air India Express from September 7 to October end and has already done a passenger profile.

According to the official, the cancellations had been just 10 per cent during the non-peak season. The educational institutions in the United Arab Emirates reopen on September 15 after Ramsan. The load in the flights is just 30-40 per cent on an average after September 15 and 16 and it is mainly off-season.

The NACIL has at its disposal the wide-bodied aircraft of Air India like Boeing 747 and Boeing 777 that can carry more than 350 passengers at a stretch. During the peak season, the national carrier uses the wide-bodied aircraft to clear the rush of passengers to the Gulf destinations from the three airports of the State. “We will look into operating the bigger aircraft if there is demand from among the Non-Resident Keralites. As on date, there is no demand for deploying the wide-bodied aircraft,” he added.

With the cancellation of AIE flights, the number of flights from Thiruvananthapuram to the Gulf sector in a week has come down from 43 to 31, 53 to 44 in Kochi and from 74 to 60 in Kozhikode. Although the NACIL is claiming that there is no load in their flights to the Gulf sector as it is non-peak season, seats are not available in foreign airlines even if one is ready to pay Rs.20,000 to Rs.25,000. The worst affected are the first-timers going to the Gulf countries on getting job and those who had come on an emergency.

It has been pointed out that the low fares in the Gulf sector exist only due to the flight operations of Air India and AIE. Once the national carrier and its budget carrier withdraw from the Gulf sector to more profitable routes as alleged by some quarters, the foreign airlines will exorbitantly hike the fare.

Source:- http://www.hindu.com/2010/09/07/stor...0760980400.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airport, cochin, kochi