BUKIT BINTANG CITY CENTRE (Previously Pudu Prison) | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pudu) | U/C - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 24th, 2004, 06:31 AM   #21
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong
Dunno.......there are plans to developed that site before the crisis......but when the crisis hit, the plan got delayed as well......and the jail is still there
But...then the crisis already over mah...they should start the construction soon as possible to get rid of the ugly Pudu Jail
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 06:34 AM   #22
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong
Okaylah.....that is the real Golden Triangle......KL's is the Bukit Bintang & Jalan Sultan Ismail area
Who came out with the name Golden Triangle ah Why not Golden Square or Golden Circle

Beside I cannot see any gold there..actually this is a stupid question...but for the sake of argument only
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:38 AM   #23
Kevinkhoo1986

Likes (Received): 1

maybe the road are in triangle form
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #24
ZaHiRnYa???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinkhoo1986
maybe the road are in triangle form
No la...I don't think so. If not, driving around Golden Triangle will be such an easy task
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:41 AM   #25
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 29

huge project. i like those buildings, will be great in the pudu jail area

hope to hear some more news about it

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #26
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1913

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa???
Who came out with the name Golden Triangle ah Why not Golden Square or Golden Circle

Beside I cannot see any gold there..actually this is a stupid question...but for the sake of argument only

Beibg the 'Golden Triangle' doesn't mean that there has to be 'gold' there. It could be a substitute of gold like drugs. And the area originally called (and still is) the Golden Triangle is the northern region of Myanmar, Thailand and Laos which is almost a triangular shape.

That goes the same with KL's golden triiangle.....almost triangular shaped and it is the center of commerce and trade. The land there are also very expensive (and like the Cantonese said: wong kum tei....meaning precious/golden land) so they nicked named KL's CBD, Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Bukit Bintang the golden triangle
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #27
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

And Marina Mahathir came out with Pink Triangle
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #28
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by baqthier
And Marina Mahathir came out with Pink Triangle
Marina Mahathir is the patron lah.....I dun think she's the founder
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:25 AM   #29
ZaHiRnYa???

And why they called it "PINK TRIANGLE"
Old August 6th, 2004, 03:45 PM   #30
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaHiRnYa???
And why they called it "PINK TRIANGLE"
http://www.thepinktriangle.com/
http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Pink_triangle
Maybe these sites can help
Old October 30th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #31
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Anyone want to make a wild guess where this project will be built?
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:00 AM   #32
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

hmmmm....my final guess is Pudu jail...so square/rectangle
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #33
nazrey

Likes (Received): 15096

Quote:
Originally Posted by baqthier View Post
Any idea guys? The masterplan is rather similar to CapSquare..and the roads in the rendering are pretty wide too
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our firm is part of a multi-disciplinary consortium looking at overall planning, infrastructure and development strategies for a proposed International Business Centre on a 22 acre site in downtown Kuala Lumpur. The overall development program 'is for 5-6 million square feet of floor area in a mix of office, retail, hotel, residential and community service uses. The site provides a connecting link between the Central Business District and the Golden Triangle (new office, hotel and retail district). The proposal is led by AK2 Runding Sdn, a local architectural firm.

The proposal takes a comprehensive look at traffic and infrastructure issues, tying into a transportation strategy for greater Kuala Lumpur. It proposes a new transit system for downtown road improvements, and a new street pattern to respect the surrounding neighbourhood and reintegrate the site into the neighbourhood. It studies various options for office and retail space, plus convention and hotel facilities, using the site as a southern anchor for the Golden Triangle. It also provides much needed open space and a mix of affordable housing to serve the community. Finally, it offers a new mosque to serve area residents and office workers.

Client: Urban Development Authority (UDA) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
UDA to unlock potential of Pudu jail area
By Adeline Paul Raj
October 15 2007
BusinessTimes

Quote:

The project, currently referred to as the Bukit Bintang Commercial Centre, will have a gross development value of RM2 billion, says UDA general manager of urban development division
PROPERTY developer UDA Holdings Bhd will begin transforming the Pudu Prison area in Kuala Lumpur into a commercial hub next year.

"We have plans to turn the area into a commercial development, which will include retail centres, offices, residences and parks," UDA general manager of urban development division, Nooraini Mohamad Rashidi, told Business Times in an interview.

The development is currently referred to as the Bukit Bintang Commercial Centre, but there will be a name change once it has been completed.

The project, expected to stretch over eight to 10 years, will have a gross development value of RM2 billion, she said.

UDA had agreed to buy the 8.1ha land housing the prison from the government in May 1999.

It was offered the development rights and first right of purchase of the land in exchange for having built the Sungai Buloh Prison.

The group is still in the midst of finalising ownership details.

UDA expects to kick off the project with a residential development comprising affordable apartments.

This will be followed by retail centres and later, offices.

It plans to include some iconic structures as part of the development.

The Pudu Prison, Malaysia's oldest remand centre and built by the British in 1895, closed down in 1996 and was briefly turned into a tourist attraction.

Today, it serves as a detention centre for drug addicts in the city. This is, however, temporary as the Kuala Lumpur City Hall is expected to build new facilities to re-house the addicts next year, Nooraini said.

"We will look at commencing work on the commercial project in 2008," she said, adding that this would begin with demolition works.

Despite the area's prime location, UDA may have an uphill task persuading superstitious Malaysians to buy property on a former prison site where some of the country's most notorious criminals, like Botak Chin, were executed.

UDA, however, is counting on people to have short memories once they see how attractive the area can look and feel once work on it is completed.

"It could be a marketing nightmare. But as in all places, after a while, people will forget," Nooraini said.

UDA has had previous experience in developing prison sites. It has, for example, built the Jerejak Resort & Spa on Penang's Jerejak Island, which used to be a prison.

Nooraini said the plan to develop the Pudu Prison area is part and parcel of UDA's mandate to increase Bumiputera property ownership in urban areas.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 04:58 AM   #34
nazrey

UDA to develop Pudu Prison
Monday October 22, 2007

SEGAMAT: The Urban Development Authority (UDA) is developing the site of the Pudu Prison in Kuala Lumpur into a commercial-cum-residential centre.

UDA chairman Datuk Baharum Mohamad said the site had been handed over to UDA in exchange for the construction of a new prison at Sungai Buloh.

He said the Federal Territory land administrator had imposed a RM150mil premium before UDA was allowed to develop the site for commercial purpose.

“We will negotiate with the Federal Territory Land and Mines Department for the premium to be reduced,” he told reporters after hosting a Hari Raya open house at Kampung Pogoh yesterday.

Baharum said UDA was allocating RM15mil to repair the food stalls at the Angsana Plaza Shopping Complex, near Tampoi in Johor Baru to make them more convenient for customers.

He said the food stalls at the shopping complex were popular among visitors, including those from Singapore. – Bernama
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:46 AM   #35
nazrey

Condo plan for Pudu Pudu prison site
2007/10/22 NST Online » Local News
By : Julia Chan

KUALA LUMPUR: The Urban Development Authority is developing the site of the Pudu Prison into a commercial centre and condominium.

UDA chairman Datuk Baharum Mohamad said the site had been handed over to UDA in exchange for the construction of a new prison at Sungai Buloh, Selangor.

He said the Federal Territory Land Administrator had imposed a RM150 million premium to develop the site for commercial purpose.

"We will negotiate with the Federal Territory Land and Mines Department for the premium to be reduced."
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:52 AM   #36
patchay

Likes (Received): 1527

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
Bukit Bintang City Centre (BGCC), Kuala Lumpur

I believe this is the plan for Pudu Jail Redevelopment....

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:12 AM   #37
nazrey

When you believe, you can achieve!..
by sherrieberrie

Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:10 PM   #38
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchay View Post
I believe this is the plan for Pudu Jail Redevelopment....
No need to believe lah.....no confidence in my conclusion ar?

The site plan is pretty obvious
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:12 AM   #39
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 349

Looks very promising. But wouldn't there be too many retail shops in that area already?Look at the half occupied BTS.
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 06:26 AM   #40
nazrey

The Site?
As well as Tamansari project tot!

image hosted on flickr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement