Your Personal Property Investments & The UAE Real Estate Market - Page 1759 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates

دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2015, 08:18 AM   #35161
SanjayDubai
Investing in DXB 2015 thr

Likes (Received): 7

In London now you can rent out your garden to other people for picnics haha - I love this planet!!!
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2015, 08:06 AM   #35162
jba

Likes (Received): 2

I am UK resident and I plan to travel to Dubai to register my off plan property in June, anybody know the means of payment DLD take?
Ie, UK debit card or UK cheque?

Thanks Joe
jba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 09:30 AM   #35163
nhinvestor

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jba View Post
I am UK resident and I plan to travel to Dubai to register my off plan property in June, anybody know the means of payment DLD take?

Thanks Joe
Im not sure but speak to GCEN office in dubai for the best currency exchange prices. Unless your UK bank has an office in the UAE then you're going to be up for currency exchange costs. Even then you may still be up for exchange costs...

Ill be transferring my money through GCEN this way from outside the UAE.
nhinvestor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2015, 10:00 AM   #35164
jba

Thanks I have registered with world wide currencies and you call them with bank details then takes a day to reach bank.
Does GCEN have a card payment method which enables payment to be made instantly?
Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:16 AM   #35165
nhinvestor

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Thanks I have registered with world wide currencies and you call them with bank details then takes a day to reach bank.
Does GCEN have a card payment method which enables payment to be made instantly?
Jba i dont know. But they have an office in the UK . If u are in the UK give them a call.

From the way i understand it you transfer the money into their UK account and they pay it into whichever account u give them.

By all means shop around.

I will be getting my real estate agent to do the running around for me at handover. Im giving them power of attorney. It saves me flights and acommodation and time off work...
nhinvestor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2015, 07:33 PM   #35166
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 72837

Hi!
For all kinds of science/tech/research-related news in UAE, you may use this fresh thread now:

SCIENCE | Technology, Space, Research, HighTech ‎| General UAE Thread

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2015, 01:00 PM   #35167
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Likes (Received): 616

I was reading an article about more problems with Airbnb worldwide. One of the stories related to a woman who rented a spare room in an apartment beside another woman. The initial rent period booked was for 1 month and then they both agreed to extend for another few weeks without putting it through airbnb. The tenant lost her job and could not pay the landlord for the extra few weeks and also refused to leave, stating that she had basic rights to 1 month notice to terminate the tenancy.

It highlights the problems of renting out your own property in both short and long term basis without understanding the rules and laws. Many countries around the world have standard rental laws which protect the tenant and state that a tenant can not have a tenancy agreement terminated, whether verbal or in writing, without serving a notice period of normally 30 days. A tenant does not need to have a formal agreement, just proof of when the rent began. In this case the airbnb receipt.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 04:53 AM   #35168
chefdude

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:

Thanks Joe
They only accept Managers cheques drawn on a UAE bank
chefdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:22 AM   #35169
ianthy

Likes (Received): 15

xx

Last edited by ianthy; May 24th, 2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: deleted
ianthy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 01:08 PM   #35170
ianthy

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I was reading an article about more problems with Airbnb worldwide. One of the stories related to a woman who rented a spare room in an apartment beside another woman. The initial rent period booked was for 1 month and then they both agreed to extend for another few weeks without putting it.

A tenant does not need to have a formal agreement, just proof of when the rent began. In this case the airbnb receipt.
Hi

Have you got a link to this article? Airbnb warn hosts that any extension of a stay should be put thru the system - the actual host fee is small. So bad idea that this host made an 'off book' arrangement with the renter.

This situation can happen in any country. Many hosts issue guests with a start and finish date and get them to sign that they will vacate the property on the listed date.

As property owners, we all know the risk associated with renting out our properties. There are potential risks especially if the renter losses their job or their financial circumstances change.

Thks
ianthy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2015, 08:49 PM   #35171
jba

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdude View Post
Thanks but how does anybody from outside UAE pay this without UAE bank account?
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #35172
agod

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Thanks but how does anybody from outside UAE pay this without UAE bank account?
You can come in with a Suitcase full of cash and pay, just like the Old Days, you can get a Managers Cheque Drawn up at DLD at the Bank there, dont Forget all the Fees as well, Reg Fee, and Others, Really you need to Open a UAE Bank Account anyway, to Service all your Utility Bills etc.

Seriously Though have you got an Agent? or are you attempting all this Yourself?

Alan
Old May 24th, 2015, 10:54 PM   #35173
jba

Thanks Alan, I can't believe in 21st century they don't have debit card facilities etc... In dubai government.
Go the local souk and you can pay for anything with a card!

Anyway rant over, I am planning this myself I have no agent.
I am a wind tower investor in a bit of a situation, we need new contract with developer HABN then we can register.
I only have 4 days in Dubai to sort contract and then register before June deadline.

Not sure how long it will take to open bank account also!
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:59 PM   #35174
True Blue
Dubai Aye!

Likes (Received): 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthy View Post
Hi

Have you got a link to this article? Airbnb warn hosts that any extension of a stay should be put thru the system - the actual host fee is small. So bad idea that this host made an 'off book' arrangement with the renter.

This situation can happen in any country. Many hosts issue guests with a start and finish date and get them to sign that they will vacate the property on the listed date.

As property owners, we all know the risk associated with renting out our properties. There are potential risks especially if the renter losses their job or their financial circumstances change.

Thks
Hi, it was on my daily newsfeed but can't find it now. The newsfeed is updated daily. Think it was a Huffington Post article.

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:00 AM   #35175
chefdude

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Thanks Alan, I can't believe in 21st century they don't have debit card facilities etc... In dubai government.
Go the local souk and you can pay for anything with a card!

Anyway rant over, I am planning this myself I have no agent.
I am a wind tower investor in a bit of a situation, we need new contract with developer HABN then we can register.
I only have 4 days in Dubai to sort contract and then register before June deadline.

Not sure how long it will take to open bank account also!

John

You can open a bank account in a couple of hours however to get an ATM / Debit card will normally take 3 - 5 days. You then need to convince your new bank to Courier the card to you in the UK. If you offer to pay the fee then Emirates NBD will often do this.

With only 4 days you are taking a big chance especially as your planned date coincides with Ramadan this year. When dealing with the red tape here days very quickly melt away something everyone learns with experience!

Good luck
chefdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:18 AM   #35176
SanjayDubai

We were thinking of listing some parking spaces on Justpark that we have in JLT. We know that every single office owner/tenant needs more parking desperately there.

(It is either doing it this way or via the building management sending the tenants an email on our behalf.)

Unlike committing to longterm leasing, with short term monthly leasing we should get a higher price, and more competition by using the just park platform (if it gets popular).

But then again maybe longterm is simply easier and more stable....

This is the same for Airbnb actually.

@Trueblue re Airbnb surely if a tenant refuses to leave they are signed up on a short let rate. So even if they insist on extending for another month the price they pay will be much higher then a long let.
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:21 AM   #35177
SanjayDubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdude View Post
When we were told by DLD that our sales price was too low it meant that all our cheques were out of whack. We had to produce more managers cheques to make up the difference....

Unnecessary hassle on a totally legitimate transaction.
Old May 25th, 2015, 06:26 AM   #35178
SanjayDubai

Quote:

Thanks Joe
Joe,

You might find it easier and a lot cheaper in the long run to do a POA.

It takes about 30 minutes to set up, and you can do one for buying/ renting admin, but not selling.

There will be many times your signature will be needed along the way to full ownership so I'd seriously consider it.

I know someone here has a contact (I don't) who offers this service...

Cheaper then a flight and a hotel each time.
Old May 25th, 2015, 10:49 AM   #35179
UAE Investor

Likes (Received): 606

POA was very expensive for us..

Would not recommend it from our experience

PAO was unresponsive and lazy

You can sign all docs in one go at DLD or what ever it,s called

Paying for a fight and hotel much nicer than paying some unqualified back handed money hunter !
UAE Investor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2015, 11:12 AM   #35180
Saint_

Likes (Received): 22

It really depends how valuable your time is and whether a short break in Dubai appeals or not. I priced using a POA and it turned out their fee plus local embassy & courier fees was about the same as a flight and two nights hotel so I ended up doing it myself while having a short break in Dubai using airmiles and hotel points. Had circumstances been different I may have used a POA.

The POA knows exactly what it costs for you to come over and do it yourself and as such their fees are pitched a bit lower to make it a more attractive option while maximising their income. It's easy money for them as they will go to DLD and do several deals at the same time. Like anything you will find good POAs and bad ones. If you do use one best to get a recommendation.
Saint_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
dubai