✈India Aviation | Airlines | Airports News II - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Infrastructure & Transportation > Aviation and Airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 28th, 2007, 08:52 AM   #21
himmat113

Likes (Received): 269

How about an Indian name?

Meghdoot
Rajdoot
Varuna
himmat113 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #22
advani_fan

Likes (Received): 1

AIX 13th aircraft tails, VT-AXP

Copyright Rick Schlamp

arrivederci Goodbye adeus 再见 안녕 さようなら مع السلامه Auf Wiedersehen
advani_fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #23
kronik

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by advani_fan View Post

Copyright Rick Schlamp
Raja Ravi Varma?
kronik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 28th, 2007, 08:25 PM   #24
Anniyan
Nocturnal...!!!!

Likes (Received): 1657

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik View Post
Raja Ravi Varma?
yes
Anniyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #25
Cov Boy
Cov Boy

Likes (Received): 62

I like the artwork of the tails.

Very different.
Cov Boy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #26
ramkan

Likes (Received): 3

deleted:
ramkan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #27
sesh101

Likes (Received): 0

'Mumbai airport plans yet to be ironed out'

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/N...ow/1633894.cms
sesh101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:38 PM   #28
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by advani_fan View Post

Copyright Rick Schlamp
Awesome artwork! Raja Ravi Varma's masterpieces, no less. Gotta hand it to AIE for choosing the images and to the Boeing paintshop for this superb job.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 03:41 PM   #29
Ajaypp
Trivandrum Lobbyist

Likes (Received): 1135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaypp View Post
Nice to see that state-of-the-art facilities like hydrant distribution are being set up in major airports. This ATF taxation issue is a long standing woe of the aviation industry, and I hope the State Govt.s rethink their "bleed the golden goose till it dies" policy soon!
And here it is - hydrant refuelling at Trivandrum International Airport!

Hope to see this at all the other major airports soon.

Last edited by Ajaypp; March 2nd, 2007 at 03:47 PM.
Ajaypp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 05:28 PM   #30
sammyk

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Awesome artwork! Raja Ravi Varma's masterpieces, no less. Gotta hand it to AIE for choosing the images and to the Boeing paintshop for this superb job.
It is my understanding that the tails are decals and not paint.

Quote:
And here it is - hydrant refuelling at Trivandrum International Airport!
I'm surprised that BOM/DEL did not already have this, or do they?
sammyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM   #31
cbeboy

Likes (Received): 348

Kingfisher to start flights to Lakshadweep

Kingfisher Airlines will launch flights to Lakshadweep, the first by any private carrier, from tomorrow.

The Bangalore-Kochi-Agatti flight will operate thrice a week - Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, airport sources said.

The airline would use a 42-seater aircraft for operating the service. The first flight will be landing at Agatti at 1.30 pm tomorrow, the sources said.
cbeboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM   #32
cbeboy

Likes (Received): 348

Merged airline to take shape in 4 months: Patel

The new entity formed after the merger of state-run carriers Air India and Indian will be in place within four months, the Civil Aviation Minister, Mr Praful Patel informed the Parliament on Friday.

Announcing the Government's decision to merge the two airlines in Parliament, Mr Patel said the amalgamation process would be carried out in phases over two years and its technical formalities put in place in the next 16 weeks.

"It is estimated this decision would result in the net benefit of Rs 600 crore at the end of third year of merger," he said in a statement laid in both Houses of Parliament.

"The technical and procedural formalities for merging the two airlines would begin immediately and one company with one name, one brand, one logo, one code and single financials is expected to be in place within the coming 16 weeks", he said.

Maintaining that the new airline would be comparable to any other major airline "at least in this region", Mr Patel said it would have a fleet of about 112 aircraft, with both international and domestic footprint.

The carrier would "set fresh benchmarks for efficiency and reliability, thus benefiting the civil aviation sector in the country, specially the travelling public", he said.

Mr Patel said in the past decade, the financial position of the two carriers had been adversely affected due to intense competition and their inability to induct new fleet. There had been a growing tendency of consolidation in the aviation sector, enabli ng airlines to achieve synergies and reduce costs, he added.
cbeboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 12:02 AM   #33
Ved Vedamanikam

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmat113 View Post
How about an Indian name?

Meghdoot
Rajdoot
Varuna

The merged airline should not have the name 'air india', as it has a connotation of lousy service - I could write several pages on the subject. 'Indian Airlines' is no better.

Perhaps 'Indian' for the merged airline would be better, and replace the Maharaja with something else, because it gives the impression of a bufoon.

Anyway I would be happy if the service of the merged airline is elevated to world class standards.
Ved Vedamanikam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 02:51 AM   #34
kronik

Likes (Received): 26

Pretty strong words there Ved. Personally, I like the Maharajah. The thing about image is that it can be built, and if the new airline is really keen on reinventing itself, it can do so and in a couple of years people will talk about its quality instead of its bad service.

A new name and a new face will require a lot of work and a lot of money to establish the name recognition that Air India and its mascot has already.
kronik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 06:10 AM   #35
p2p4

Likes (Received): 2124

No to the 'Condescending Maharaja'

Well said Kronik re brand 're'-imaging. I too would vote for the Maharaja but this is where I would depart in opinion.

The mascot of Maharaja has been cute no doubt but I developed a dislike to its 'bending & folding hands'. This is a new era, a new India and I feel, the Maharaja better be portrayed in dignity - or else - chuck him alltogether for some other mascot. The current Mah looks overly condescending.

This is my personal opinion though and does not mean that I am 100% against the current mascot.

[QUOTE=kronik;11986271]Pretty strong words there Ved. Personally, I like the Maharajah. The thing about image is that it can be built, and if the new airline is really keen on reinventing itself, it can do so and in a couple of years people will talk about its quality instead of its bad service.

A new name and a new face will require a lot of work and a lot of money to establish the name recognition that Air India and its mascot has already.[/QUOTE
]
p2p4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 07:51 AM   #36
ramkan

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
A new name and a new face will require a lot of work and a lot of money to establish the name recognition that Air India and its mascot has already.
That is true for most companies where there is goodwill. For AirIndia/Indian Airlines they should start afresh with clean slate. Atleast they can eliminate negative goodwill :-)

We need New brand, New company, new focus most importantly new higher management that can turn around the huge assets they possess into operational profitability and eventually develop into a good brand over a period of time. If you look at the numbers, mostly Indians use AirIndia/Indian Airlines. Rebranding the new company to Indians is an easy task as we already know the airlines very well and we keep a tab on the changes.

To attract worldwide travellers, it is a tough task in a competitive industry. As of now it is a fact that there are no takers for Air India. I feel ashamed talking about Air India and travelled 4 times on US-India route in the last three years and never had a pleasant experience.

But as the travellers grew to india it can establish as a branded player with improved service.

Simple Example: How many people know Jet Airways and Air Sahara outside India? Not many.

But they are establishing their brand by providing quality service at international standards. Firstly among indians and with the rest. I am expecting the merged airlines do the same. Restablish a new image, new brand and new levels of service.

I have to admit that just renaming the airline would not do any good. Look at "Indian Airlines" to "Indian". Old wine in new bottle?
ramkan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 05:49 PM   #37
Bombay Dreams

FIRST 9W A330-200 with GE Engines

Photo from Planepictures.net
Bombay Dreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 08:33 PM   #38
Indias_finest

sweet
Indias_finest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #39
ferrari_fan
Forza!

Likes (Received): 786

is that 9W's new colour scheme or is that plane still to be painted? coz that plane looks pretty lousy..

the engine looks sexy though..
ferrari_fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #40
advani_fan

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari_fan View Post
is that 9W's new colour scheme or is that plane still to be painted?
nah, still to be painted

arrivederci Goodbye adeus 再见 안녕 さようなら مع السلامه Auf Wiedersehen
advani_fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
airlines, airport, airports, aviation, india