MOSCOW - Luzhniki Stadium (81,030) - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #101
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4492

Quote:
Russia to do its best for 2013 Athletics Championships

MOSCOW, July 28 (Itar-Tass) — Russia will try to do all possible to organise the 2013 World Championships in Athletics at the highest level, RF Prime Minister Vladimir Putin assured member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC), President of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Lamine Diack at a meeting.

Taking part in the meeting were also Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko and Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin.

“I want to assure that the Russian government and the Moscow mayor’s office will do everything to hold the competition at the highest level,” Putin said.

The prime minister thanked the IAAF president for giving Russia an opportunity to host the World Championships in Athletics.

“We are very glad to see you. The IAAF is the largest both by the number of organised events and the number of participants ... We hope to see you as often as possible during the preparation of the competitions,” the RF government head said.

Putin stressed that Russia has a considerable experience in holding such competitions. He noted that at present Russia is preparing to host the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi and also is already working on preparations for the World Championships in Athletics in 2013.

IAAF president for his part thanked the Russian prime minister for finding the time to meet him, despite a busy schedule, and recalled a meeting with Putin five years ago, at which they discussed the development of sports in Russia and around the world.

“It seems that then we very well understood each other. I left the office with a sense of support for athletics,” said Diack, noting that Russia’s VTB bank has become a sponsor for athletics.

“We are very glad that Russia will be preparing to host the events of the 2013 World Championships,” the president of the International Association of Athletics Federations said.
http://www.itar-tass.com/en/c154/194276.html
WFInsider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2011, 02:59 PM   #102
rodem
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

if you want to see more stadia pictures , Please visit below URL.

http://cafe.daum.net/stade/Russia

Federation2014 liked this post

Last edited by rodem; August 6th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
rodem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #103
Lord David

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYEvanEFR View Post
... but the unused field enable to make new running track at future, isn't it???
I'm in two-minds about this stadium after World Cup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrevaricationComplex View Post
very true, but his point still stands. it's awful for football, and digging out the track rarely improves things much. If they're getting rid of the track then why not go all the way and gut the whole thing into a proper football stadium? cost surely isn't an issue?
My guess as to retaining the whole "bowl" shape and "oval" layout of the field is that it's quite possible that several rows of front level seating could be removed in order to accommodate a track, where it would be temporarily reverted to it's current state (in a 2 tier setup) for a most likely future Olympics again.

It's somewhat a shame that Moscow is hosting the 2013 Athletics Championships. They could have explored the possibility of gutting the lower tier, lowering the pitch a little and making it retractable, this won't possibly happen in the short 5 years post Championships the Russians have to redevelop the stadium.
Lord David no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #104
venki04ss

Likes (Received): 0

Moscow’s Luzhniki stadium, the only proposed 2018 World Cup host venue currently in use, could face demolition as fears grow over the cost of renovation.
However, the bulldozers could not move on to the site before 2013, when the country’s biggest sports venue is set to host the IAAF World Athletics Championships.
And that could prompt a race against time to get a new stadium ready for the big kick-off in 2018.

Decision imminent
The team of international developers assembled to oversee the future of the stadium will give its verdict next month – and cash will be the key factor.
The budget to spend on Luzhniki is 20 million rubles, barely half the figure estimated by architects assessing how to bring the arena up to FIFA’s requirements.
In that case it may prove cheaper to demolish the existing 55-year-old stadium and start again.
“We will not spend more than 40 billion rubles to reconstruct Luzhniki,” Moscow’s construction chief Marat Khusnullin told Kommersant. “Either we will cut the costs of the project, or it will be easier to build a new complex for 20 billion.”

Changes needed
To meet the requirements for a World Cup Final host, Luzhniki has some work to do. The total capacity is currently 78,400, more than 10,000 shy of the 89,300 required.
As well as increasing spectator seats to at least 80,000, the VIP area will need to double in size and press facilities will also require expansion.
However, Brazil’s Maracana Stadium, set to host the 2014 final, faced a similar overhaul and achieved it on a budget of $800 million (about 22 billion rubles), according to Andrei Peregudov, a senior vice-president of VTB Bank.
He believes that 20 billion is a realistic figure for Luzhniki, even though his own bank has estimated a spend of $1.5 billion (41.9 billion rubles) to rebuild the Dinamo Stadium in Moscow.
That project, due to start in 2008 and finish next year, has suffered long delays with work only recently starting on the Leningradsky Prospekt site.

Increasing costs
The problems potentially facing Luzhniki reflect the fate of St. Petersburg’s Kirov Stadium, which is set to be demolished and replaced with a 67,000-seat stadium before 2018.
City authorities in the northern capital asked for state help to meet spiralling costs after the new arena’s budget was pushed up to $1.1 billion, making it one of the world’s most expensive sports facilities.

Source: http://themoscownews.com/local/20110804/188898029.html
venki04ss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #105
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1010

I think that news is ironic, considering the fact that I have been thinking about Luzhniki stadium's existing seating bowl being torn out for a new one. But demolishing the stadium entirely? Should the old roof be dismantled as well, leaving only the facade, or should nothing be left of the old stadium? I still hope a final design is being released soon, and I hope there's a new track. Luzhniki is national stadium and elite stadium.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2011, 03:08 PM   #106
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7104

NEXT STOP MOSCOW 2013

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Daegu, Korea - In the Convention Hall of the Hotel "Inter-Burgo", IAAF Hotel in Daegu, the Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the 2013 IAAF World Championships, Moscow, Russia, yesterday gave a video presentation to 400 federation and team officials showing what they can expect in two years’ time of the Russian capital, its culture, history and tradition and of course it’s sporting facilities. The presentation was followed by a sumptuous lunch.

Speeches were delivered by IAAF President Lamine Diack, who remarked on his recent meeting with Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, and that he was especially looking forward to the IAAF World Championships in Moscow which will rely on the full support of the Russian national as well as the city government.

Making the addresses on behalf of the Government, City and Russian athletics federation were Deputy Sports Minister of Russia Pavel Kolobkov, Sports Minister of Moscow Alexey Vorobyov, and IAAF Council Member, All-Russia Athletics Federation (ARAF) President Valentin Balakhnichev. Introducing the proceedings was Mikhail Butov, ARAF General Secretary and CEO of the LOC 2013 IAAF World Championships.

The venue for the 14th edition of the IAAF World Championships, which will take place from 10 to 18 August 2013, will be Moscow’s impressive Luzhniki stadium that sits in the Olympic Complex of Luzhniki, which is one of the biggest sporting complexes in the world and most famously hosted the 1980 Olympic Games.

In a written message, Aleksandr Zhukov, the Deputy Chair of the Government of the Russian Federation, President of the Russian Olympic Committee and Chair of the LOC, guaranteed the government’s modernisation of the stadium and that he hoped it would "help all the participants to show the best results and all athletics lovers to enjoy the ‘festival of the Queen of Sports’ and the visit to one of the most beautiful cities in the world – Moscow".

Before last day of 2011 IAAF World Championships, Russia is going on 2nd position in medal table with 7 gold, 4 silver and 6 bronze medals, just behind United States (10-7-4) and ahead Kenya (6-5-3).

http://daegu2011.iaaf.org//newslistdetail.aspx?id=62276

2 September. Moscow 2013 Lunch in Daegu, Korea: Lamine Diack is presented with a gift from the Moscow 2013 LOC:

Federation2014 liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #107
goatcabin
goatcabin

Coming to Moscow in 2013, questions

One of my concerns about coming to Moscow is the hassle of getting a visa. We visited Russia in 2005, and getting the visa was a royal pain in the a$$, not to mention to $250 each it cost. One of the articles about the LOC said that there would be a "simplified visa" for athletes and officials, but nothing was said about spectators. I would think, since LOC wants people to come to Moscow, buy tickets, book housing, eat vast quantities of pirozhki, etc., that they would make it easy to get into the country, no?

Also, someone said that he talked to the people at the Moscow 2013 booth in Daegu and they said tickets would not go on sale until six months before the meet. This is very odd; I have been to every IAAF World Championship since Edmonton 2001, and tickets have always gone on sale much earlier than that.

I would like to find some way to contact the LOC directly. Anyone?
Cheers,
Alan Shank
Woodland, CA, USA
goatcabin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #108
trmather

Likes (Received): 102

Well when they held the Champions League final in 2008 I'm fairly they worked something out for simplifying the visas the fan would've needed. I'd imagine they'd do something similar considering they're hosting a large, well supported international event again.
trmather no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #109
WFInsider
BANNED

5 companies will make a project of reconstruction of Luzhniki complex (not only the stadium but the whole territory):

Colliers International, Mott MacDonald, ARUP, Populous, IMG

Reconstruction of Luzhniki stadium (capacity will rise to 85,000-89,300) - $775 mln.
Construction of the new Ice Arena (capacity - 15,000), new sports complex - $441,3 mln.
Constructions for mass sport - $540 mln.

The whole complex will cost ~$1,8 bln.

Last edited by WFInsider; September 14th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old September 14th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #110
Jim856796

How many indoor arenas is Moscow gonna have in the future, 20? Turn Moscow into the Indoor Arena Capital of the World. Several new indoor arenas/gymnasiums were built for the 1980 Olympics and one major indoor arena (Khodynka Arena) was built in the 21st century.

Old September 15th, 2011, 12:27 AM   #111
WFInsider
BANNED

I don't know exactly, but in future there will be at least 4 huge indoor arenas:

1) Olimpiyskiy Indoor Arena (35,000 total; 16,000 for sports)
2) Megasport Arena (14,126)
3) VTB Indoor Arena (12,000-15,000) *new*
4) Luzhniki Ice Arena (15,000) *new*
5) Spartak Ice Arena (?) [in Tushino near the new stadium] *new*

Last edited by WFInsider; September 15th, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old September 15th, 2011, 09:54 AM   #112
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatcabin View Post
One of my concerns about coming to Moscow is the hassle of getting a visa. We visited Russia in 2005, and getting the visa was a royal pain in the a$$, not to mention to $250 each it cost. One of the articles about the LOC said that there would be a "simplified visa" for athletes and officials, but nothing was said about spectators. I would think, since LOC wants people to come to Moscow, buy tickets, book housing, eat vast quantities of pirozhki, etc., that they would make it easy to get into the country, no?
I think it will be visa free for ticket holders.
void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #113
WFInsider
BANNED

Old September 15th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #114
Jim856796

New seating bowl will have 3 tiers, not two. Slight extension of roof. Still can't have a rebuilt Luzhniki Stadium without a track, though.

Old September 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #115
o.S.T.mus.tis.nt.

Likes (Received): 2

Is that official render?
o.S.T.mus.tis.nt. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #116
WFInsider
BANNED

Yes. The whole conception should be approved until the end of September by Mayor of Moscow. Then the consortium of 5 companies will make a complete project.
Old September 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #117
Laurence2011
Currywurst king

Likes (Received): 243

wow man that is really freaky i was just thinking of this stadium, and in my mind the redevelopment was just like this! looks good!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 06:08 PM   #118
Konig
BANNED

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFInsider View Post
I don't know exactly, but in future there will be at least 4 huge indoor arenas:

1) Olimpiyskiy Indoor Arena (35,000 total; 16,000 for sports)
2) Megasport Arena (14,126)
3) VTB Indoor Arena (12,000-15,000) *new*
4) Luzhniki Ice Arena (15,000) *new*
5) Spartak Ice Arena (?) [in Tushino near the new stadium] *new*
Olimpiyskiy Indoor Arena (35,000 for "winter" football)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNyQbnke4Bo
I think that the HC Spartak will play in the Luzhniki Ice Arena, Dinamo in VTB Arena and CSKA in Megasport.
Konig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 07:31 PM   #119

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmather View Post
Well when they held the Champions League final in 2008 I'm fairly they worked something out for simplifying the visas the fan would've needed. I'd imagine they'd do something similar considering they're hosting a large, well supported international event again.
Yeah, for the 08 final my match-ticket was a valid visa for 72 hrs.
0657 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM   #120
MrMiagi

I think Russia will do very well in hosting this world cup. I've been there a few times and their stadiums are top notch imo.
MrMiagi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
moscow, olympics, soccer, wch2018