NETHERLANDS - Stadium and Arena Development News - Page 8 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 5th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #141
Raddie

Likes (Received): 0

Like a mini Kuip. De Kuip has been renovated by the same architect who designed the AZ stadium by the way, so it's not really a surprise.
Raddie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2006, 04:53 PM   #142
skaP187

Likes (Received): 632

you're wright check
http://www.zwarts.jansma.nl/listpubl...&q_keyword=256
Old June 5th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #143
Raddie

Likes (Received): 0

I'd never seen concrete plans of that Sparta/Excelsior combined stadium before, I'm glad they didn't build that... thing

I hope they won't design the new Feijenoord stadium, I don't like those stairs between the stands and the ground they manage to put in each of their new stadium designs. That Lotus stadium is butt ugly too.
Raddie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 5th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #144
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Likes (Received): 1752

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187
Allright then, that's allready about 4.000 more the originaly. Do you know where those seats were installed? I presume on the long sides, The reality should be different now with the drawings or not? Thanks for the info anyway!
The decided to place the seats closer to each other than originally planned. That way they could create an extra 3500 seats without changing the design.
Quintana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #145
skaP187

poe, nice and cosy then!
Old June 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #146
flares

Likes (Received): 4

I guess i should have quoted the thread.....and sorry if it was a bit off topic.

I was looking for the name of the Dutch stadium that rolls the pitch outside when not in use to get an even sunning and googled my way into this topic. Is it Arnhem? Anyone?
Old June 6th, 2006, 11:15 AM   #147
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Gelredome, Arnhem
Old June 6th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #148
skaP187

Any new news about the extension of the FC Twente stadium?
The last thing I could find is that the townhall is finaly making work about the liscenses and the infrastructure around the stadium (planning then)
2007 it will not be ready. Any new more detailed designs perhaps?
Also about the Sc Heerenveen stadium. I can never find anything detailed about how it is going to look when it is finished. anything?
Old June 6th, 2006, 06:04 PM   #149
skaP187

This is one thread to many, to my opinion...
There is allready another one
Old June 6th, 2006, 06:43 PM   #150
Evoluon
Disney Nasty

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
Considering that Philips is behind it, I'd say the club has more than enough money.
Nope, you're some 25 years behind on this one mate. The club, unfortunately, doesn't have any money at the moment as a result of gross mismanegement at the turn of the century (by the same guy that Chelsea trust all of their billions to today ). So any improvements are not expected until FIFA awards the World Cup of 2018 to NL and Belgium.

The rest of NL, except Gelredome, De Kuip, Philips, Euroborg and De Vijverberg: Same shit, different town (horrible pitchside staircases ).
Evoluon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 06:51 PM   #151
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

So I guess they're like Bayer Leverkusen then. There've actually been some rumors that Bayer wants to drop the entire club. VW is still investing a lot of money into their Wolfsburg club though.

But Philips Stadion is still a nice place. The corners look great (much better than the shit in Dortmund) and they just hosted the UEFA-Cup final so the place can't be that bad.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #152
skaP187

The place isn't bad at all. specialy when you know where they come from. Eindhoven realy is not a big city or something. And whether you like it or not. PSV is a top club (in Holland) Compared with Utrecht or Den Haag/The Hague. These are cities much bigger but, there fc's or stadiums do not come close to PSV.
It is a very nice stadium, but it is not a Feyenoord or Ajax. And def. not a Bernabeu or San Siro. But for this club it is perfect. perhaps in time they can grow untill 40.000. but I am only hoping that because I like big (steep) stadiums!
With Belgium in the same competition the Benelux should be able to have a very nice competition, which can knock out rivals like Portugal, Austia/Switserland and a Scandinavian competition easely.
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:56 AM   #153
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Any new news about the extension of the FC Twente stadium?
The last thing I could find is that the townhall is finaly making work about the liscenses and the infrastructure around the stadium (planning then)
2007 it will not be ready. Any new more detailed designs perhaps?
Also about the Sc Heerenveen stadium. I can never find anything detailed about how it is going to look when it is finished. anything?
I don't believe Twente's plans are finalized. I've seen some pictures of the plans for the second tier and they looked pretty cool.

As for Heerenveen, they're currently working on the north stand which will be a copy of the south stand. It should be finished before the start of the new season.

Old June 7th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #154
Quintana
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
So I guess they're like Bayer Leverkusen then. There've actually been some rumors that Bayer wants to drop the entire club. VW is still investing a lot of money into their Wolfsburg club though.

But Philips Stadion is still a nice place. The corners look great (much better than the shit in Dortmund) and they just hosted the UEFA-Cup final so the place can't be that bad.
Didn't Bayer used to own KFC Uerdingen as well?
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:13 AM   #155
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Yeah, and now the team's bankrupt. Quite sad really because they used to have some decent teams back in the 80s.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 02:30 AM   #156
dennol

Likes (Received): 546

@skaP187

Eindhoven is not that much smaller than Utrecht. The Hague is bigger but not a megacity. Amsterdam and Rotterdam aren't either.

The size of a city doesn't really matter in football. No clubs from London, Paris, Istanbul and Moscow have ever won a Champions League/European Cup. But Nottingham, Eindhoven and Porto have.
dennol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #157
skaP187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintana
I don't believe Twente's plans are finalized. I've seen some pictures of the plans for the second tier and they looked pretty cool.

As for Heerenveen, they're currently working on the north stand which will be a copy of the south stand. It should be finished before the start of the new season.

and then the Abe Lenstra will be finished? as a stadium then, I do not know how the planns are for the area around (sportteachersschool and stuff) but that is of miner interest for me.
I thought it is so strange that I cannot find a propar presentation of that stadium. The one on the clubsite does not realy show anything about the stadium from the inside. The pictures I have seen so far, make me think that the stadium will not be very beautfull... damn another missed oppertunety and we do not have much in the Netherlands
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:30 PM   #158
skaP187

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennol
@skaP187

Eindhoven is not that much smaller than Utrecht. The Hague is bigger but not a megacity. Amsterdam and Rotterdam aren't either.

The size of a city doesn't really matter in football. No clubs from London, Paris, Istanbul and Moscow have ever won a Champions League/European Cup. But Nottingham, Eindhoven and Porto have.
You are right. The Netherlands does not have big cities (sorry Amsterdam). Nice note about the big cities. hehe, could against a calimero complex... (they are big and I am small and it is not fare... )
But are you with me that the Philips stadium is a nice stadium for Eindhoven (I do not know if there are compareble cities with a equal or better stadium then Eindhoven)
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #159
Dezz
Crooswijkert

Likes (Received): 1860

Quote:
You are right. The Netherlands does not have big cities (sorry Amsterdam). Nice note about the big cities. hehe, could against a calimero complex... (they are big and I am small and it is not fare... )
But are you with me that the Philips stadium is a nice stadium for Eindhoven (I do not know if there are compareble cities with a equal or better stadium then Eindhoven)
Maybe The Netherlands are gonna have a big city in the future. There are plans to combine Amsterdam and Almere and some other smaller cities to one big city
Dezz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #160
skaP187

Amsterdam and Almere together ? I'll have to check the Dutch forum for that I guess?
I imagine The Hague/Rotterdam might be posseble to. This will make rather big cities, but not near London, Paris, Berlin, Istanbul, Moscow, St Petrusburg, Madrid, Roma
which are real big (European cities)
The rest of the city combinations (Arnhem Nijmegen/ and Enschede Hengelo will not be very big. To be hounest I like that the Netherlands does not have big cities like that. We don't have big cities, we have a big mouth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amsterdam, amsterdam arena, breda, kuip, rotterdam, stadium, stipson, twente