Stadium of Light - For discussion of "Off the field / Non-matchplay" Issues - Page 52 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2019, 10:09 AM   #1021
kingdom bhoy

Likes (Received): 835

Tim Rice is bringing his West End friends to Sunderland to help some of our region’s most in need communities.

Sunderland AFC fan Tim, who wrote the words for many of the nation’s most-loved musicals including Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, Aladdin and The Lion King will be hosting a special event at the Beacon of Light on the 6th March featuring songs from these shows and more.

denm liked this post
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2019, 11:31 AM   #1022
denm

Likes (Received): 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Tim Rice is bringing his West End friends to Sunderland to help some of our region’s most in need communities.

Sunderland AFC fan Tim, who wrote the words for many of the nation’s most-loved musicals including Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, Aladdin and The Lion King will be hosting a special event at the Beacon of Light on the 6th March featuring songs from these shows and more.

Good that he can help some of the needy communities,----btw,---I'm fairly sure I read ---that when Tim Rice was asked how he became a SAFC supporter---he said he heard the name Sunderland when he was a boy and liked the name so much he became a fan and followed the Club,---cheers.

kingdom bhoy, BiffaBeercan liked this post
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2019, 09:55 AM   #1023
denm

This from the Sunderland Echo,---

Sunderland’s oldest fan celebrates 103rd birthday

A war veteran who is believed to be the oldest living Sunderland fan has celebrated his 103rd birthday surrounded by memorabilia from his beloved club. Ernie Jones visited the Fans Museum with daughters Dorothy Kay and Pauline Peel for the SAFC-inspired celebration today.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...hday-1-9562196
Old February 5th, 2019, 10:30 AM   #1024
denm

This from the Sunderland Echo,--

Sunderland AFC MD Tony Davison reveals how Black Cats have slashed costs by more than £25million - as manager Jack Ross outlines ‘brutal reality’ of the job

Sunderland AFC’s bosses have slashed the club’s running costs by more than half since taking over, the club’s new managing director has revealed. Tony Davison was addressing a North East England Chamber of Commerce Leadership Launch at the Stadium of Light, which also heard from first team boss Jack Ross.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...-job-1-9575469
Old February 7th, 2019, 10:02 AM   #1025
denm

Roker Roar! Call for Sunderland fans to help fund new Stadium of Light crowd surfer flags and banners

Sunderland AFC fan group Red & White Army are spearheading a fundraising campaign to reinvigorate the Roker Roar within the Stadium of Light. RAWA is aiming to raise £10,000 from supporter donations to fund new surfer flags, smaller flags and large banners for the newly-named Roker End - formerly the South Stand - along with artworks around the ground.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...ners-1-9579676
Old February 13th, 2019, 10:31 AM   #1026
denm

RIP Nigel Saddington,--

Former Sunderland stars pay respects to Nigel Saddington as family and friends say final farewell to former SAFC defender

Sunderland stars of the past turned out to say goodbye to one of their own at the funeral of former Black Cats player Nigel Saddington. Nigel passed away aged just 53 last month after suffering from heart disease.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/our-r...nder-1-9591883
Old February 16th, 2019, 10:18 AM   #1027
denm

North East Vegan Festival (NevFest) returns to Sunderland's Stadium of Light

Thousands of vegans are expected to descend on Sunderland this weekend for the North East Vegan Festival (Nevfest). The popular festival, the biggest of its kind in the region, was first held at the Stadium of Light in 2013. Since then, veganism has seen a massive growth in popularity,

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...ight-1-9598881
Old February 22nd, 2019, 10:16 AM   #1028
denm

This from Sun FM Radio News,--

football

Sunderland AFC’s Louise Wanless was recognised for her significant contribution to north east football at the North East Football Writers’ Association Annual Awards, on Sunday evening.

Wanless was awarded the John Fotheringham Award at a star-studded ceremony at the Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf Club and Spa in Durham.

Read more https://sun-fm.com/safcs-wanless-rec...east-football/
Old March 3rd, 2019, 10:09 AM   #1029
denm

Well done to all Sunderland Fans,----RIP Connor Brown,--

Connor Brown murder: Sunderland fans donate to Stadium of Light collection in support of family

Sunderland fans showed their love for Connor Brown and his family as they dug deep one week on from his tragic death. The GoFundMe page set up in his memory now stands at more than £24,000, with friends of his family gathering on the routes into the Stadium of Light ahead of today's match against Plymouth Argyle.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/...mily-1-9626267
Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:33 PM   #1030
kingdom bhoy

Likes (Received): 835

Brilliant response to the minute if applause for Connor yesterday.
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2019, 09:39 AM   #1031
denm

This from the Sunderland Echo,---

Revealed! Sunderland AFC's Checkatrade Trophy ticket allocation for Wembley final against Portsmouth and how fans can buy them

Sunderland have been allocated 38,979 tickets for the Checkatrade Trophy final against Portsmouth later this month. The Black Cats reached the Wembley final after beating Bristol Rovers 2-0 in the semi-final at the Memorial Stadium, Will Grigg and Lewis Morgan on the scoresheet.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...them-1-9632080
Old March 8th, 2019, 02:45 PM   #1032
safcmackem

Likes (Received): 23

I realise that there are plenty of fans in the same predicament but it's worth trying, if you don't ask you don't get. Is there anyone on here that has a season card for this season (2018/19) that know they can't go down to Wembley and therefore won't be needing it? Just desperately trying to find someone with a customer number so i can add them to my friends network on my account so that my mate can get his seat next to mine in phase 1. I'm only after one as I've got a 18/19 season card anyway, just trying to sort my mate out, cheers.
safcmackem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:15 AM   #1033
denm

Quote:
Originally Posted by safcmackem View Post
I realise that there are plenty of fans in the same predicament but it's worth trying, if you don't ask you don't get. Is there anyone on here that has a season card for this season (2018/19) that know they can't go down to Wembley and therefore won't be needing it? Just desperately trying to find someone with a customer number so i can add them to my friends network on my account so that my mate can get his seat next to mine in phase 1. I'm only after one as I've got a 18/19 season card anyway, just trying to sort my mate out, cheers.

Sorry I can't help,----but hope there 's someone out there that can help you mate,---good luck,--cheers.

safcmackem liked this post
Old March 14th, 2019, 11:19 AM   #1034
denm

Quote:
Originally Posted by denm View Post
Sorry I can't help,----but hope there 's someone out there that can help you mate,---good luck,--cheers.

Hope you managed to get a ticket mate,----as they have sold out of our allocation,--

Sunderland sell-out of Wembley tickets despite extra allocation with 40,000 fans set for Checkatrade Trophy final trip

Sunderland have sold-out of tickets for their trip to Wembley with a sea of red and white now set to descend on the capital. The Black Cats will be backed by a travelling support of almost 40,000 when they face Portsmouth on Sunday, March 31.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...trip-1-9647981

Old March 14th, 2019, 10:04 PM   #1035
safcmackem

Likes (Received): 23

Yeah managed to get a ticket mate, waited till phase 2 started and managed to get 2 together, with a decent view as well. Perhaps fans will be given another chance to get tickets as it looks like Portsmouth are struggling to sell their full allocation, perhaps the EFL will offer them to us. Lets hope all those fans that rushed out to purchase Walsall tickets actually turn up on Saturday, cheers.

denm liked this post
safcmackem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:59 PM   #1036
Bellsafc

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by safcmackem View Post
Yeah managed to get a ticket mate, waited till phase 2 started and managed to get 2 together, with a decent view as well. Perhaps fans will be given another chance to get tickets as it looks like Portsmouth are struggling to sell their full allocation, perhaps the EFL will offer them to us. Lets hope all those fans that rushed out to purchase Walsall tickets actually turn up on Saturday, cheers.
Portsmouth can't sell there's but they've just been given more! I can't figure out why we haven't been given them.

Bellsafc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:32 AM   #1037
denm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellsafc View Post
Portsmouth can't sell there's but they've just been given more! I can't figure out why we haven't been given them.

Yeah I read this,---can't understand how they are allocated more tickets,--when they can't sell the first lot,----think we could sell a few thousand more,---strange.
Old March 19th, 2019, 11:14 AM   #1038
denm

This from Sunderland AFC,----

Sunderland AFC is to join forces with the Durham County FA to promote football across the region.

The Durham CFA’s mission is to assist with the development of the game at all levels, increasing the quality and quantity of football participation, whether that be playing, coaching or spectating. SAFC, as Durham’s Senior Club, is to step up to a role actively assisting in that mission, with both parties combining resources, infrastructure and marketing reach to drive participation in football.

Read more,-- https://www.safc.com/news/club-news/...p-final-at-sol
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #1039
denm

Sunderland at Wembley: Additional tickets available for Checkatrade Trophy Final with Portsmouth

Sunderland have been handed a small number of additional tickets for the Checkatrade Trophy final with Portsmouth. The Black Cats are already set to be backed by around 40,000 fans for the clash at Wembley on Sunday, March 31, after tickets sold out in six days.

Read more at: https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...outh-1-9659614
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
north east sport, stadiums, sunderland, sunderland afc