FOREST CITY | Iskandar Johor (Johor Bahru Baru - JBB) | U/C - Page 16 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2016, 07:36 AM   #301
freekazoid

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Hmm. Nope.

JB is only ahead in median income for now. Probably population and total GDP, but not on GDP per capita, HDI, livability and sustainability index in which penang has 6-7 places ahead of JB.

Development is more than just physical building though. Probably give or take another 15-30 years to exceed penang if penang move at snail speed like they did now and johore don't get a bubble bursting thingy.
I can't find any HDI, livability, sustainability indexes report...please provide link. Anything from recent year say 2014 should give good indication.

The closest found is Mercer Quality of Living report, it has KL at 84 and JB at 103 spot. Penang wasn't in the evaluation list.
https://www.imercer.com/uploads/GM/q...015/index.html
freekazoid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 3rd, 2016, 07:49 AM   #302
freekazoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayedLee View Post
Not either semangat or what. I know who's the right and wrong. I'm working with the statistics, facts, site for many years. You too Dary for Greater KL. And not only us reading this. Same goes to other threads. I respect other's opinion, but I know who're the real protector or talking based on politics or semangat kenegerian.

You know right? Where's my office, my house, how many times I'm in JB in a week bla bla bla. Is that mean I'm protective because of kenegerian? Satisfy enough? F&B open? Go find it yourself! Sorry bro, I'm not enjoying SkyscraperCity thread anymore..
Like to re-iterate your points on "Stats, Facts and SITES". SITE to me mean real world home work.

It mean get up and away from convenient home internet. Let say education...as I am interested in the progress. I drive to the facilities....assess the infra leading and surrounding....interact with the school, student diversity, follow the events...and more....basically get to know the real world and real time...

Being on sites eval opinion worth many time more....

FayedLee liked this post
Old January 3rd, 2016, 07:54 AM   #303
Brown_Eastern

Likes (Received): 845

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayedLee View Post
Pointless also. First, whole Iskandar-now with 1.8 million population in 2015 is already surpassed the whole Penang state FYI in term of GDP per capita. While GDP of Johor today, as what you said which Penang has 6-7 places ahead, in fact is equal to JB (Iskandar) GDP per capita in 2006. And already talked about HDI, livability, sustainability index etc. Honestly, I'm quite jaded talking about this and already repeated quite often.

Agree with Dary_10 btw, nothing much changes in Penang nowadays. Why still making excuses or questioning someone is already surpassing you? Simple question, tell me why Malacca median income/mean income also already surpassing Penang? Something wrong with Penang right? Am I wrong? And stop using statement based on 'semangat kenegerian' and political side. I'm so jaded! May we please stick back to the topic?
Just a question though, do you have the current statistics and data for JB, Iskandar and Johor? Based on my own analysis looking at the Malaysian Statistical Dept, the projection of Johor population in 2014 is about 3.5 million compared to 3 million in 2010 census where 1.4 million reside in Iskandar (IRDA source) and 1.6 million in the rest of Johor. Looking at the past growth of Iskandar I guess the current population would be at 1.8 million, so that would mean 1.7 million population for the rest of Johor. We got the same number of Iskandar's population , so how about the GDP? I could find the Johor GDP but not for JB/Iskandar GDP so that I could compute the GDP percapita for Iskandar. My simple computation shows that Iskandar GDP percapita is about RM 44k compared to Penang RM 42k and current Johor GDP percapita is projected about RM 28k in 2014. Does my simple computation is same with the data/stats that you have?

FayedLee liked this post
Brown_Eastern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 10:53 AM   #304
freekazoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown_Eastern View Post
I could find the Johor GDP but not for JB/Iskandar GDP so that I could compute the GDP percapita for Iskandar. My simple computation shows that Iskandar GDP percapita is about RM 44k compared to Penang RM 42k and current Johor GDP percapita is projected about RM 28k in 2014. Does my simple computation is same with the data/stats that you have?
Did your GDP estimate accounts for nearly 400k malaysian work in SIngapore and reside in Iskandar? Or sizable amount of light industries companies cross over to Singapore for a day contract job.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 11:40 AM   #305
Brown_Eastern

Likes (Received): 845

Maybe yes since it hard to determine the exact number of Iskandar GDP, i calculated it based on extrapolation of current Johor GDP per capita, it is silly calculation anyway , but taking a cue from Fayeed that JB (Iskandar) GDP percapita in 2006 is about the current of Johor GDP percapita, you can simply deduce simple math though:

GDP percapita Johor in 2006 = RM 17K , GDP percapita JB in 2006 = RM 28K, so
GDP percapita Johor in 2014 = RM 28K, GDP percapita JB in 2014 = ???

It should be RM 46K, about RM 44K

Another thing is I seriously doubt it is 400K malaysian, if 3/5 of Iskandar population is working adult, it means 40% of working adults in Iskandar work in Singapore?
Brown_Eastern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 12:57 PM   #306
freekazoid

Not all 400k working adults resides in JB. Large % stay in Sg. It's a published number...google it.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 01:09 PM   #307
FujiXerox

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary_10 View Post
Pointless comparison as nothing much changes at Penang in these few years or maybe for decades. JB is ahead of Penang coz Penang doing nothing, have seen by many including myself. Just tell us the truth. Aren't u guys even a little worried that there might be taken over??? lol! Sorry to say..

Take the positive. Be in mind that development and advancement of city in 90's was not the same as today lor!! Let's recap what Penang did? What transformation have we seen? Human capital (someone mentioned the most element)?? One word, stagnant. If I'm wrong, please justify. Supposedly we should not only sit and see..

In JB, personally I've seen from greenfield to international educity, greenfield to chemical and logistic hub, zero to data centre hub, fake and old cbd to 'real' cbd and financial hub, zero to regional theme park hub. Who will expect JB with narrow sea got branded marina? This is what we want! Unleash and optimize the potential! We want to create something that's what people expect, but at the same time will have something new that people haven't seen before!!

Even Forest City have show us how they transforming from sea grass into a new stage of urban development that we haven't seen in our country. It'll be the city of future. Stop making thousand excuses and using political reasons! What a childish attitude!

Sometimes so 'pantang' with Chinese developers until haven't realized that is their own state efforts??! If me, I'll 'malu' and asking my state why dont we invite American, Australian to transform my city too. Someone here also very 'bising' why RTS is so late to build but haven't realized once RTS is operated in 2019, extension line process will be faster, perhaps create a new complete system for whole city. In fact still faster than PTMP lor! Opss haha! Daydreams don't hurt. Reality hurts! Wanna talk about oversupply? The scariest most part? The real ghost town?

The more comfortable JB get with being uncomfortable and critics, the faster they grow. When you’re moving forward and making progress, you will feel uncomfortable, and that’s okay rather than feel comfortable, only talking but no action. Stop lying us anymore! I love Penang and i wish Penang will change soon! Happy new year!
Didn't want to bring in politics but let me state my point.

Penang is being hindered by the federal government. It may sound cliche but its true. One example: Educity. I once contacted a DAP rep regarding university developments in Batu Kawan. He told me that applications by Asian Women's Leadership University and University of Hull to set up a campus in Batu Kawan were rejected by the federal government. And after checking, it was true. You can go google it yourself. Why is it that universities are invited by the education ministry to set up in educity but applications in Penang are rejected?

The fact is our federal government is rich and powerful. They can bring development to any place they want by giving it mega projects like the Pengerang complex and they can deny a state development by not giving it funds even when there is a need. Like the penang airport that badly needs expansion but is not allocated anything.

And another is regarding reclamation. In Penang, BN keeps creating controversy over reclamation for funding PTMP, for STP2, even though Johor is doing exactly the same. You can proudly claim Forest City is reclaimed from sea grass, and nobody cares, but a tiny hint of possible development in the middle bank sea grass bed in penang and suddenly there's 10 million "environmentalists" and "environment loving Gerakan members" breathing down the state govt's neck.

And I don't believe Penang will fall behind. I think its only a temporary slow down. Give it a few years when the PTMP, Penang Tunnel, Batu Kawan redevelopment, Penang World City kick off, and it'll be back to normal. To develop you need space for more population and when the reclamation projects finish Penang will have space for more people.

Also, JB's location is more strategic being so closely linked to a country equivalent to the size of the entire Malaysia.

I believe I've been logical and factual with my points.

atmapgnew liked this post
FujiXerox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2016, 06:18 PM   #308
Dary_10

Likes (Received): 259

Aiyoo Mr FujiXerox!! Just cancel that uni doesnt mean Penang couldnt move and transform anymore lorhh!! Wanna talk about KLEC in KL in 2007? Supposedly malu to JB, they could provide the asia best education hub in a very short time. Where is the evident that show Penang is improving as what so many people stated here??? Where is the improvement of quality live, local capital income what so ever compared to yesterday? Also want to know why Malacca median income/mean income already surpassing Penang instead of JB?

And just coz Petronas is owned by gov, doesnt mean they simply set up their business everywhere lorh! Demography, land of cost, type of land, competitor etc. Of course Pengerang has chosen coz Jurong hub is the main competitor of Petronas. Is Petronas objective achieved if they set up a very large plant at Penang which is far away from real competitor and suffered by land scarcity. Wonder why PTP is build very close to SG since we already have Port Klang? Why very difficult to understand??! Then said priority of expansion only goes to PTP, not Penang in fact both are owned by MMC. Simply cannot think ke coz not profit much??

Fed government is rich and powerful??haha!! Think IWH Johor state linked company would not buy Bandar Malaysia la to settle down the debt if Fed really rich! Not surprise if later they also will buy Penang reclamation project coz Penang also couldnt afford to develop and really need money to fund PTMP. Same to 1MDB, no money to develop BM at the same time sell to pay the debt!!

When Indonesian and Chinese bought TRX and BM, why not questioning local developers? Where are all of them? no money? sleeping? Coz of 1MDB, everyone dare to let them sell to foreigner coz no local could buy?? Maybe later coz of DAP Penang, Fed also wouldn't approve PTMP coz everyone put political side above patriotism!!

Back to normal after PTMP, Penang Tunnel, Batu Kawan etc completion??? (in fact nothing much progress, most only on paper) Hello, expect more please! Wanna see Penang just physical building ke?? Like today, the real example for everyone to see! Hoping Penang can add something more than just stagnant tourism and manufacturing lorhh! Wonder why did MAPS choose Perak instead of Penang which has been visited million of tourist compared to them. Coz of politics too aha??? Really dont care about Forest City??? Then why you're here lorh? Seems interested much? haha!!

Last edited by Dary_10; January 3rd, 2016 at 06:24 PM.
Dary_10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2016, 02:16 AM   #309
kong1509

Likes (Received): 92

2 High-Speed Train Services to Singapore (Updated on 14/Jan 2016)

2 High-Speed Train Services to Singapore, says operator

The Malaysian Insider
4 January, 2016

Both the Malaysian and Singaporean governments have come to a consensus on the alignment of the 330km high-speed rail (HSR) linking Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, and have decided on two services, one being a direct service linking Kuala Lumpur to the island republic, and another with transit stops in between.

“We are envisioning to start with two services – one that will go directly to Singapore, and another that will stop with transit services in Bandar Malaysia, Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat and Nusajaya, and then [across the causeway to] Singapore... even with the stops in between, we will have express services that do not stop,” MyHSR Corp Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal told The Edge Financial Daily in an exclusive interview.

MyHSR Corp, which is wholly owned by the Finance Ministry, was given the mandate to develop and promote the HSR project, and is the project delivery vehicle accountable for the definition of the technical and commercial aspects of the project.

While the dedicated direct train is slated to take 90 minutes linking the two cities, the other with six transit stops in Malaysia should take about two hours, depending on the customs and immigration processes.

“As of now, the transit services will have to stop in Nusajaya, but for the direct service, you clear both customs and immigration checks [only once] in either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore... like the Eurostar between London and Paris,” Nur Ismal said.

On other key areas which have yet to be decided, such as the cost of the infrastructure project, which is said to be testing the RM70 billion mark now, Muhd Nur Ismal was non-committal and dispelled all the figures being bandied about as mere “speculation”.

“We are still in the midst of discussion with Singapore. We are trying to decide on the common grounds, the approach to tendering... this will determine if it is a government design-and-build contract or if certain parts are being done in other manners. So, it’s still not decided,” he said.

On whether there is a time frame or time limit as to when to finalise the key issues of the HSR, he said: “We have to come up with the best decisions for both countries... that are of high priority. However long it takes to get to the right decision, we will do it.”

Talks between officials of the two governments have been ongoing for some time now, but little information has been divulged. About three months ago, the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) and Singapore’s Land Transport Authority jointly launched a request for information (RFI) exercise to test industry opinion and gauge market interest in aspects of the HSR project.

This RFI exercise was mainly to gauge the perception of the general populace, in the event certain specifics are opted for.

Due to the high contract values, there has also been much lobbying by the Japanese and Chinese HSR players, both angling for the potentially large lucrative job. In the background, the South Koreans are also jostling for the large-scale job, while a clutch of European companies are understood to be setting up a consortium, also eyeing the job.

In a presentation by China Railway in December last year, the price tag of the Kuala Lumpur to Singapore HSR was pegged at RM70 billion, up from RM65 billion a few months ago, and up from a price tag of RM40 billion in May.

Questions over the supposedly high price tag have been raised lately, as about nine years ago, in 2007, conglomerate YTL and its technical partner, Germany’s Siemens AG, put in a proposal to build the HSR or bullet train linking Kuala Lumpur to Singapore at a cost of only RM8 billion. How the price of the HSR has escalated to the current level of RM70 billion is not clear.

– The Edge Markets, January 4, 2016.

Source From:
=========
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/2-high-spe...022949876.html
kong1509 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #310
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2071

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekazoid View Post
I can't find any HDI, livability, sustainability indexes report...please provide link. Anything from recent year say 2014 should give good indication.

The closest found is Mercer Quality of Living report, it has KL at 84 and JB at 103 spot. Penang wasn't in the evaluation list.
https://www.imercer.com/uploads/GM/q...015/index.html
I remember reading past few years that penang livability index was higher than kl, and a newspaper cuttings that the collection of federal tax by customs department show johore collection was wee bit lower than melaka and penang. JB should has twice the GDP of malacca though and about as big as the entire state of perak, but per capita wise, johor is 6th or 7th after pahang. But I can't remember the source though. Sorry. Also these data are quite old considering JB development is quite rapids and statistically speaking its not to fair as data are usually compliled on state not metro area, which is a blessing for kl & putrajaya as its just a central core and penang & melaka as its size of 1000km2++ is the size of a metropolitan area.

The things about numerical data is no one will get higher in all benchmark. Even in an unfair comparison of malacca vs penang, there would be few area where malacca gonna leads. At the end there's no criteria, benchmark for 2nd city, best city or develop country. Its is strictly based on the citizens view and perception. I think at the very lease penangnite too think jb will be bigger than them so that thats.

Personally, the whole country is in trouble, the old low wages, low skills, highly subsidies, protectionism market policy isnt working anymore. Solving it involve bitting a bitter pills, a bitter pills that penang refuse to bite. Because their pills is really bitter while johorean too will not be too keen as its more of preventive measure, good in the long run, not so good for now.

FayedLee liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2016, 08:10 AM   #311
FayedLee

Likes (Received): 3273

Phase 1 is sold out? Got info 2nd phase on this 23 Jan. Crazy..

Mock up model

Last edited by FayedLee; January 18th, 2016 at 06:37 PM. Reason: add photo
FayedLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 09:58 AM   #312
freekazoid

according to agents phase 1 400+ units sold out
Old January 17th, 2016, 10:49 AM   #313
FayedLee

Seem the location near to SG is the selling point even far away from JB city. I think Forest City will survive by their own
Old January 22nd, 2016, 09:13 AM   #314
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14361

Country Garden unveils RM175b 'Forest City' project
Friday, 22 January 2016 | MYT 3:05 PM
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...-city-project/

SINGAPORE: "Forest City", a lush urban getaway on four man-made islands in Iskandar Malaysia was formally unveiled on Friday by Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd, a Hong Kong-listed property developer.

Sprawled over 1,386.05ha, Forest City is a joint development with Johor's Esplanade Danga 88 Sdn Bhd.

Forest City is South-East Asia's first and largest mixed-use green development in terms of the number of units to be built with a vertical greenery and smart city design theme.

With an estimated investment of S$58.3 billion (RM175.8 billion) over the next 20 years, Forest City is expected to fuel the economic development of Iskandar region, the main southern development corridor in Johor and neighbouring Singapore.

Eight industries including education, healthcare and tourism will be the main economic pillars of growth at Forest City.

Forest City is the first of its kind mega development in South-East Asia.

Car-free zone, luxury green living co-exist with smart technologies and amenities.

"Through the unveiling of Forest City, I'm proud to note that Country Garden have completed our transformation of achieving international landmark projects," said chief executive officer Mo Bin at the "Sustainable Eco-City Development Forum" and Forest City Global press conference in Singapore on Friday.

Forest City is Country Garden's largest real estate project outside of China, part of the group's internationalisation strategy to establish a larger overseas presence.

Recognised by the Guangdong provincial government as one of the top developers in China, the group has delivered quality homes for two decades and has developed over 100 cities in China.

"Rather than another pure real estate project, Forest City is a culmination of our wisdom, knowledge and experience that brings to life an eco-city of the future in its true sense.

"With Forest City, we are offering a perfect mix of luxury tranquility, urban vitality and proximity in the heart of South-East Asia," Mo said.

Part of the first phase of Forest City includes condominiums and high-rise coastal residences which would open for global sale soon in Singapore, China and Malaysia.

The two to four-bedroom condominiums and high-rise coastal residences are exceptionally designed and are situated within leafy foliage corridors and car-free avenues with gated security.

Meanwhile, executive director of Country Garden Pacificview Datuk Md Othman Yusof said: "This is a historic day not only for Forest City but for Malaysia, our business partners, and, just as significantly, for the global real estate industry."

Forest City represents an unprecedented alliance of two powerhouses in the real estate, financial and construction industries.

As part of the long-term planning for Forest City, Country Garden is in discussions with the Malaysian Government to set up dedicated entry points such as a light rail transit system and a ferry network that would link it to Singapore and to the planned high-speed rail service between Singapore and Malaysia. - Bernama
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2016, 04:57 PM   #315
FayedLee

Will be the 4th duty free zone in Malaysia after Langkawi, Labuan and Tioman

aim11086 liked this post
Old January 23rd, 2016, 01:44 AM   #316
nazrey

Likes (Received): 14361

Country Garden unveils $58.3 bln ‘Forest City’ project
January 23, 2016, Saturday
http://www.theborneopost.com/2016/01...-city-project/

SINGAPORE: ‘Forest City’, a lush urban getaway located on four man-made islands in Iskandar Malaysia was officially unveiled yesterday by Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd, a Hong Kong-listed property developer.

Sprawled over 1,386.05 hectares, ‘Forest City’ is a joint development with Johor’s Esplanade Danga 88 Sdn Bhd.

‘Forest City’ is Southeast Asia’s first and largest mixed-use green development in terms of the number of units to be built with a vertical greenery and smart city design theme.

With an estimated investment of S$58.3 billion (S$1=RM3.05) over the next 20 years, ‘Forest City’ is expected to fuel the economic development of Iskandar region, the main southern development corridor in Johor and neighbouring Singapore.

Eight industries including education, healthcare and tourism will be the main economic pillars of growth at ‘Forest City’.

“Forest City’ is the first of its kind mega development in Southeast Asia. Car-free zone, luxury green living co-exist with smart technologies and amenities.

“Through the unveiling of ‘Forest City’, I’m proud to note that Country Garden have completed our transformation of achieving international landmark projects,” said Country Garden Holdings Chief Executive Officer Mo Bin at the “Sustainable Eco-City Development Forum” and Forest City Global press conference here today.

‘Forest City’ is Country Garden’s largest real estate project outside of China, part of the group’s internationalisation strategy to establish a larger overseas presence.

Recognised by the Guangdong provincial government as one of the top developers in China, the group has delivered quality homes for two decades and has developed over 100 cities in China.

“Rather than another pure real estate project, ‘Forest City’ is a culmination of our wisdom, knowledge and experience that brings to life an eco-city of the future in its true sense.

“With ‘Forest City’, we are offering a perfect mix of luxury tranquility, urban vitality and proximity in the heart of Southeast Asia,” Mo said.

Part of the first phase of ‘Forest City’ includes condominiums and high-rise coastal residences which would open for global sale soon in Singapore, China and Malaysia.

The two to four-bedroom condominiums and high-rise coastal residences are exceptionally designed and are situated within leafy foliage corridors and car-free avenues with gated security.

Meanwhile, Executive Director of Country Garden Pacificview Datuk Md Othman Yusof said:”This is a historic day not only for ‘Forest City’ but for Malaysia, our business partners, and, just as significantly, for the global real estate industry.

‘Forest City’ represents an unprecedented alliance of two powerhouses in the real estate, financial and construction industries.

As part of the long-term planning for ‘Forest City’, Country Garden is in discussions with the Malaysian government to set up dedicated entry points such as a light rail transit system and a ferry network that would link it to Singapore and to the planned high-speed rail service between Singapore and Malaysia. — Bernama
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2016, 04:02 PM   #317
FayedLee

United States's Shattuck St Mary's School will be the first elite boarding school in Forest City
Old January 25th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #318
QalzimCity

Likes (Received): 1325

wow... they even managed to get some US player this soon?! Amazing.
QalzimCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #319
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 6185

Brown_Eastern, legan, HSMalaysia liked this post
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #320
sepul

Likes (Received): 1901

They're advertising the Strait of Johore like it is somewhere in South Pacific

Dary_10, daeng_jal liked this post