MIHAN Project - SEZ Update Thread - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > West > West/Central India Projects > Maharashtra > Nagpur

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 1st, 2009, 10:28 PM   #41
IU
->

Great images and updates GrapeWine!

How long were u there in Nagpur?
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:50 AM   #42
OrangeCity_

Likes (Received): 0

Awesome work GrapeWine!
OrangeCity_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:12 AM   #43
_GrapeWine_

Likes (Received): 405

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith_suv View Post
Excellent and much needed updates , thanks a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCity_ View Post
Awesome work GrapeWine!
Thanks all for appreciating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
Great images and updates GrapeWine!

How long were u there in Nagpur?
Thanks IU...I was in Nagpur for three days, it's my hometown, I go there atleast once in 2 months...
_GrapeWine_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM   #44
I HEARD YOU

IMPRESSIVE PICTURES

I must say that grapewine has provided some fantastic updates through those pictures.

Hey everybody, any information about the outer ring road. When is that due to be completed? Also is there any news of when will Kamat hotel start work on their site?

I have a plot in Gawasimanapur. How much appreciation can I expect after 3 years despite the global slowdown?
I HEARD YOU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:33 AM   #45
_GrapeWine_

Mahindra Lifespace plans affordable homes in Nagpur

The firm is building 1,500 apartments in a special economic zone in Nagpur, with price tags of less than Rs3,000 per sq. ft, said Pawan Malhotra, chief executive of Mahindra Lifespace.

Mumbai: Real estate firm Mahindra Lifespace Developers Ltd, a subsidiary of auto maker Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd, is the latest to join the so-called budget housing bandwagon as more buyers shun pricier projects for affordable homes.
The firm, known more for its of high-end projects, particularly in Mumbai, is building 1,500 apartments in a special economic zone (SEZ) in Nagpur, with price tags of less than Rs3,000 per sq. ft, said Pawan Malhotra, chief executive of Mahindra Lifespace.
The SEZ is part of an international airport that would function as a cargo hub, and includes a 25-acre residential project. SEZs are economic enclaves that enjoy tax holidays and other financial incentives.

Property prices in and around Nagpur, Maharashtra’s third largest city by population, are typically in the range of Rs1,600-2,600 per sq. ft, a consultant at property advisory Jones Lang La Salle Meghraj said, requesting anonymity.
“The idea to provide housing that would give the target buyers good value for money. The SEZ and the airport will demand at least 1.5 million sq. ft of development once all the industries come up,” Malhotra said.
The Nagpur residential project, a venture of Mahindra Lifespace and BE Billimoria and Co., will see an investment of Rs500 crore in the next four years.

http://www.livemint.com/2009/04/0721...ans-affor.html
Old April 8th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #46
_GrapeWine_

Quote:
Originally Posted by I HEARD YOU View Post
I must say that grapewine has provided some fantastic updates through those pictures.

Hey everybody, any information about the outer ring road. When is that due to be completed? Also is there any news of when will Kamat hotel start work on their site?
Hi I HEARD YOU, welcome to SSC.
Don't know what is proposed date for completion of outer ring road...but the work is definitely going slower than the road work in SEZ...only little part of it is actually tarred...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I HEARD YOU View Post
I have a plot in Gawasimanapur. How much appreciation can I expect after 3 years despite the global slowdown?
Can't say...You can find this info on any other real estate website, not on SSC

Last edited by _GrapeWine_; April 8th, 2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old April 8th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #47
Hindustani

Likes (Received): 679

Those are awesome roads. Like the lighting too.
Hindustani no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #48
_GrapeWine_

Missed this one from last trip...
(c) grapeWine

Mihan entrance flyover
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #49
_GrapeWine_

Mihan Future bright as MADC to set up warehouses

NAGPUR: In a pep up announcement for Nagpur’s ambitious Mihan-SEZ, RC Sinha on Saturday announced that the Maharashtra airport development
company (MADC) would be coming up with a 4 lakh square-feet warehousing complex for retail major Future Group. The vice-chairman-cum-managing director of MADC added that it would also be offering 272 tenements at Khapri for sale by next month. This is a part of the low cost houses to be constructed by MADC.

“The agreement was signed with Future Group on Friday and land has been earmarked just outside the SEZ area. Under the arrangement, Future Group would be the end-user of the warehouses and would be paying rent which would be fixed at 14% of the construction cost,” Sinha said, adding that the move would not only create employment but will spur allied businesses too.

The MADC top boss accepted that this was one of the moves to counter the economic slowdown which has affected investment in Mihan too. Future Group chairman Kishore Biyani added that the set-up would be used by Future Logistics which has a Rs 300 crore turnover. “Nagpur would serve as a better location and so I have been upbeat about this place. The set up is expected to be ready in 12 months,” he said.

Sinha added that there has been some progress towards the joint venture company between MADC and AAI. The company, Mihan India Private Limited, was registered on June 9 and the certificate of incorporation received. The certificate of commencement of business is awaited and a shareholders’ agreement remains to be signed with the AAI.

“Lack of an agreement is not expected to affect the company’s functioning and neither will it hamper in both AAI or MADC chipping in their part of capital in to the venture,” said Sinha, adding that the first board meeting would be held on July 8.

source
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #50
_GrapeWine_

Mihan Update, July 16 2009.
All copyright: chetansinght

TAL Manufacturing

Central Facilities Building

Last edited by _GrapeWine_; July 26th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #51
_GrapeWine_

Caliber Point

Last edited by _GrapeWine_; July 26th, 2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #52
_GrapeWine_

First City Club House

First City

First City

Last edited by _GrapeWine_; July 26th, 2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #53
qwertyasd
India Waiting

Likes (Received): 2

awesome pics! mihan is looking good - looking forward to full opening.
qwertyasd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM   #54
amco_in

Likes (Received): 4

G8 SANPS GRAPE WINE,
amco_in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #55
Orangecityguy

Great Pics

Thanks for the updates ... Its really a pleasure to see the developements works .. It seems inspite of all the hurdles MIHAn is growing.. thought at a slower pace ...
Orangecityguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #56
India101

Likes (Received): 2641

Thanks Grapewine. Its place will look fantastic when complete.
India101 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #57
harsh1802
MAVerick

Likes (Received): 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
I agree.

Hyderabad Cityscapes

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
harsh1802 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #58
_GrapeWine_

Quote:
Originally Posted by amco_in View Post
G8 SANPS GRAPE WINE,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecityguy View Post
Thanks for the updates ... Its really a pleasure to see the developements works .. It seems inspite of all the hurdles MIHAn is growing.. thought at a slower pace ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by India101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh1802 View Post
I agree.

All credits to photographer..! I hope it speeds up now..
Old August 7th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #59
amco_in

Likes (Received): 4

Much awaited transfer means the project can now take off

Much awaited transfer means the project can now take off

Mihan has finally got a ground to stand on, as the vexed issue of transfer of the Nagpur airport was finally resolved. In a low key affair on Thursday, Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) and Airports Authority of India (AAI) announced signing of the agreement of transfer' that effectively gave control of city airport to the Mihan India Private Limited (MIPL), the joint venture formed by the two entities.

The multimodal international hub at Nagpur (Mihan) project hinged on this act. It can be expected to take off now. The entire Nagpur airport comprising 1288.15 acres land, and other movable and immovable assets were handed over to the MIPL. Though this is subject to valuation of assets as per the joint venture agreement. The transferred land includes 288.68 acres land in airport in possession of Indian Air Force (IAF). It was only due to the impediments in airport transfer that the Mihan project, which was the original endeavour of MADC, had taken a backseat and focus was shifted to developing the special economic zone (SEZ). Without the airport, the plan to make Nagpur an international logistics hub remained on paper.

Vidarbha Economic Development Council (VED), a voluntary organisation, had moved the court for speedy transfer of the airport. Later MADC too moved court to coax AAI to part with the airport. Last month AAI filed an affidavit in court saying that the airport would be transferred within a week.

Now, the investors will be assured that the project will indeed come up. Companies like Deccan 360, which had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the MADC to set up a 100 acre logistics hub, were waiting for the transfer to happen. An in-principle approval was already given to the Deccan 360 plan. Now it would once again be taken up at the board for formal approval. Similarly, Air India too had come up with a proposal, which can be now considered seriously, said a MADC official.

Though Mihan was conceived around a decade ago, the activities gathered pace only in 2004. However, the transfer of airport always remained uncertain due to rivalry between the member of parliament and Vilas Muttemwar and the union civil aviation minister Praful Patel. The issue caused frequent war of words between the two. Patel was seen as intentionally delaying the transfer so as not to let Muttemwar walk away with credit for Mihan.

Though union civil aviation ministry and Maharashtra government decided in February 2006 that the airport should be transferred to a JV, it appeared to be a far cry. It was only in December 2008 that the joint venture agreement was framed and it came into existence in June 2009. All functions except the air traffic control would now go to the joint venture. Sharing of common facilities such as electricity and water, which require actual metering, will be subject to modalities to be decided mutually. The IAF's Gajraj base will also shift to an alternative site. A MADC official said that a major part of land for IAF was already under its possession and the rest would be acquired soon.
amco_in no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #60
_GrapeWine_

UK built environment sector eyes India infrastructure projects, visit Nagpur

2009-09-15 14:44:54 - Leading architecture and construction firms are in India visiting emerging cities where they are looking for new projects and businesses. The delegation will visit multimillion dollar MIHAN project in Nagpur and the Commonwealth Games village.

full news
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
nagpur