NORWICH & NORFOLK | Projects and Construction - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > South East England > East Anglia

East Anglia Proposals, Construction and Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #41
AndrewC

Likes (Received): 17

lol, put them both up then! Nice to see inadequate office space making way for better office space and other uses.
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #42
Caveman

Likes (Received): 18

Looks like the whole of Duke Street is being fitted out! It has looked a bit drab for years now so hopefully it will breathe some life and new space into the area.

I agree that it is a shame that they deem it necessary to demolish some of the existing buildings instead of refurbishing them as some of them aren't that bad and I'm sure they could have incorporated them into the plan somehow. I couldn't see a timeline for St Mary's but hopefully they will both be completed around the same time as each other.
Caveman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #43
AndrewC

I always knew that despite the lack of tall buildings Norwich was seeing plenty of developments, I'm glad we've got a place on here to document them all!

I did try making some Norfolk threads before (see links at the bottom of the page) but I never had the info!
Advertisement

Old December 21st, 2007, 04:04 PM   #44
Caveman

Not exactly construction news but fairly interesting nonetheless. I'm just slightly curious whereabouts the hotel will be located?

http://new.edp24.co.uk/search/story....ategory=search
Old December 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #45
AndrewC

I forgot to take my camera into Norwich when I went - was too busy making the most of all the clothes stores - nothing like it in Sheffield.

I did grab a few shots of Yarmouth:

St Nicholas' Parish Church. One of the best parish churchs in the country i reckon, it would be brilliant if it still had its spire.

Top of the market from Church Plain.

The Kings Arms, my friends local, and its a lovely pub.

A few of the iron bridge across the bure. Unsuprisingly I hate the station gateway at Great Yarmouth - like everyone else I suppose - and I'd love to see it refurbished big style. As part of that I think the iron bridge could make a fantastic approach, though I'm not sure where it stands in terms of stability and condition. Looks like its rusting to hell.

Finally the two recent apartment blocks on the Cobham side of the Yare just beside the Haven Bridge.

Old December 31st, 2007, 01:56 AM   #46
Bulldozer

Likes (Received): 0

Are they Yarmouths tallest buildings then Andrew ?

Never Been there yet i think, but went to Norwich last year and was Impressed with it, centre was a lot better than expected. Mainly went to look at the Castle and shopping center next door, built into the hill side.

Interested in old or new Machinery ?
Visit the Wiki for all Tractors, Construction Plant, Steam Engines and Heavy Haulage enthusiasts to collect information on the history of and collecting of all types and models of machines.
http://tractors.wikia.com
Help build the database to include every machine type made or used in the UK

"If you don't ask the question how do you get an answer!"

"If you don't want the answer don't ask the question"

Bulldozer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 02:03 AM   #47
AndrewC

Sounds like you just scraped the surface of the shopping area bulldozer. The other good places to head are towards the market, chappelfield and the lanes, north of the market place.

As for Yarmouth, no they're not the tallest in yarmouth, there's plenty of buildings which arer just as tall! Haven Bridge house is the tallest proper habitable block, although I think the Oasis Tower (An observation deck) on top of the Oasis Hotel/Atlantis Hotel comes up slightly taller overall. Like most seaside resorts, there's also a number of hotels and blocks along the seafront which are 4/5 stories at least.
Old December 31st, 2007, 03:48 AM   #48
Bulldozer

Saw the Beach Hut market stalls and a Old fashioned proper Toy shop , And some Shops that Looked like they were built in Barns.

Interested in old or new Machinery ?
Visit the Wiki for all Tractors, Construction Plant, Steam Engines and Heavy Haulage enthusiasts to collect information on the history of and collecting of all types and models of machines.
http://tractors.wikia.com
Help build the database to include every machine type made or used in the UK

"If you don't ask the question how do you get an answer!"

"If you don't want the answer don't ask the question"

Bulldozer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 07:52 PM   #49
AndrewC

Happy New Year Norwich!

Nothing quite like standing in front of City Hall watching the fireworks over the Castle as a youngster!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 12:45 AM   #50
AndrewC

A quick note RE: Chapelfield damaging the custom of smaller shops based in the lanes and backstreets of Norwich - I went shopping in the sales in Norwich on Friday I think it was. I spent about an hour and a half looking round the clothes stores at the top end of the centre - I never realised how many there were around there, on both floors. And so many stores that you just don't see in places like Sheffield and other bigger but worse performing retail centres.

But far from satisfying my desire for clothes shops, it actually made me want to go off to the Bedford st and the surrounding area even more for its smaller fashion stores such as cult and blue jean store, and the other local stores. Perhaps its different for me coming in from Sheffield where you just don't get anything but H&M and Topman and a literally a couple of independant clothes stores, perhaps for Norwich residents it is a straight choice between Chapelfield or the smaller stores, but I can't say any of the stores around Bedford st looked like they were about to go out of business. I would really like to see their finances to get a genuine picture of how things have been going the last year.

I do however think we are now at the point where too much more retail without a relative increase in population is going to damage the feel and quality of the city centre. Looking at things like Harford Place and the revamp of Anglia Square, these are developments that are going to encourage people living around them to shop out of town instead of in the city. But this is one of the reasons that Norwich has thrived the last 20 years - its shopping centres that were almost a must for earliy 1990's city centres were built in central integrated locations that enhanced the centre (Castle Mall), as opposed to places like Sheffield where out-of-town shopping centres like Meadowhall nearly killed the city centre. I'd hate for these large scale improvements of local suburban centres to undo the good work and development ethic in Norwich of the last 20 years.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM   #51
nuhouse
Norwician

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
A quick note RE: Chapelfield damaging the custom of smaller shops based in the lanes and backstreets of Norwich - I went shopping in the sales in Norwich on Friday I think it was. I spent about an hour and a half looking round the clothes stores at the top end of the centre - I never realised how many there were around there, on both floors. And so many stores that you just don't see in places like Sheffield and other bigger but worse performing retail centres.

But far from satisfying my desire for clothes shops, it actually made me want to go off to the Bedford st and the surrounding area even more for its smaller fashion stores such as cult and blue jean store, and the other local stores. Perhaps its different for me coming in from Sheffield where you just don't get anything but H&M and Topman and a literally a couple of independant clothes stores, perhaps for Norwich residents it is a straight choice between Chapelfield or the smaller stores, but I can't say any of the stores around Bedford st looked like they were about to go out of business. I would really like to see their finances to get a genuine picture of how things have been going the last year.

I do however think we are now at the point where too much more retail without a relative increase in population is going to damage the feel and quality of the city centre. Looking at things like Harford Place and the revamp of Anglia Square, these are developments that are going to encourage people living around them to shop out of town instead of in the city. But this is one of the reasons that Norwich has thrived the last 20 years - its shopping centres that were almost a must for earliy 1990's city centres were built in central integrated locations that enhanced the centre (Castle Mall), as opposed to places like Sheffield where out-of-town shopping centres like Meadowhall nearly killed the city centre. I'd hate for these large scale improvements of local suburban centres to undo the good work and development ethic in Norwich of the last 20 years.
Some good points. Whenever I go into the city to do some shopping I usually end up visiting both Castle Mall, Gentlemans Walk/'Lanes' area and then Chapelfield. Always nice having the choice to visit mainstream retailers as well as independant shops. As for some shops closing down in the Lanes area it should be added that quite a few actually closed down not because of Chapelfield but because of the City Councils **** up over rebuilding St Andrew's car park. It took them a lot longer than expected and the 'footfall' in that area of the city was well down on what it should have been.

As for the new developments from what i've seen I don't believe they'll have a significant impact on the city centre. Anglia square already has retail (albeit a bit run down) and the major development there will be a supermarket. From what I can gather the other new developments will only have a small amount of retail, presumably local shops and 1 or 2 clothes shops etc, but nothing to really make a dent in city centre trade.

Last edited by nuhouse; January 2nd, 2008 at 04:27 PM.
nuhouse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:21 PM   #52
nuhouse
Norwician

Regarding rising population in the Norwich area I got a leaflet through my door about a month ago from the 'Greater Norwich Development Partnership' which is basically a conglomeration of a few district councils in the Greater Norwich area. Interesting read about future population growth, housing, transport as well as the environment. Info can be found here: http://www.eastspace.net/gndp/
Old January 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM   #53
AndrewC

Woo, cheers for that Nuhouse. I'll give it a proper read soon.

This reminds me of some other stuff I have actually. My nan gave me her copy of the consultation document for the Northern Bypass. One of the routes of the eastern section passes right over my aunt's house! Think its the yellow one.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM   #54
jaybob
A Tale of Two Cities

Great to see a Norfolk and Norwich thread. I am based in the East Midlands but most of my inlaws are Norfolk based and love visiting the city whenever we are there. The plans for Anglia Square are about time.
jaybob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 04:11 PM   #55
nuhouse
Norwician

Not really development related but I thought it was worth an important mention. Norwich puppet theatre is under threat of closure due to it's funding being stopped by the art's council. Went there a couple of times as a kid and it's a great resource for Norwich as a whole, it would be a massive shame to lose it. Send an e-mail to the art's council if you can telling them to reinstate the funding or sign the petition.

http://www.puppettheatre.co.uk/

Petition: http://www.edp24.co.uk/Quask/puppettheatre.htm

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/conte...A17%3A58%3A650

Help save our puppet theatre

PETER WALSH, TRACEY GRAY
03 January 2008 11:00

A rallying cry was today issued to the people of Norwich to help save one of our true gems.

The future of Norwich Puppet Theatre is in doubt after it was informed of potentially devastating funding cuts.

Even though it entertains and educates more than 10,000 people every year, many of them children, funding body the Arts Council England (ACE) has deemed the theatre to be undeserving of its continued support.

It is proposing to axe the £60,000 a year it hands to the Whitefriars theatre, which is vital for it to thrive.

However, today the Evening News, backed by council leaders, MPs and members of Norwich's vibrant arts scene, launched a campaign to urge ACE to reverse its proposal.

Readers were today urged to write in or email with their support or to add their names to the online petition. All responses will be sent to ACE ahead of its crunch meeting on January 23.

Roy Blower, Lord Mayor of Norwich, said today: “I think it brings so much joy to young people and older people as well. It's a focal point in our area and anything that can be done to make the Arts Council review the decision would be welcomed.

“I'm sure all people, young and old, would be very sad at the decision by the arts council if they were to take funding away.”

Dr Ian Gibson, MP for Norwich North, said: “The theatre is a UK-wide and internationally recognised organisation and to see it lost would stall Norwich in its ability in the creative arts.

“It is a star organisation in our city and the people who work there are enthusiastic and keen, it would be a disgrace to lose these talents.”

The theatre was opened in 1980 and, as well as hosting popular puppet shows it has become a vital educational tool and a regular destination for school trips.

It is a base for people to train in and learn the art of puppetry. Many have gone on to set up their own touring companies, and work in television shows such as Spitting Image.

In the past two years it has hosted the Norwich International Puppet Festival, attracting the best talent from around the world.

It costs around £180,000 to keep the theatre running, £60,000 of which comes from ACE and the rest through Norwich City and Norfolk County Council grants, ticket sales and one-off payouts.

However, the theatre is one of 195 arts institutions that could lose their funding from the Arts Council in plans which have been condemned throughout the industry.

Ian Woods, general manager of the theatre, said today that if the cuts were given the go-ahead the consequences could be dire.

He said: “The Puppet Theatre is too special to lose, and we are all working to making a positive submission to the Arts Council to encourage a rethink on our potential grant cut.

“With 27 years of entertaining, educating and enthralling children and families it really is a jewel in the cultural provision of Norwich as well as being a nationally and internationally significant player in the world of puppetry.

“I was stunned and saddened when I opened the letter from the Arts Council, but have been heartened by the support from staff, the board, volunteers and our customers to find ways to encourage the Arts Council to change their funding decision, and to keep the Puppet Theatre going.”

ACE has also been criticised for only informing groups now of its intentions - not giving them long enough to come up with alternative avenues of funding.

Our campaign has was today backed by other arts chiefs in Norwich, who believe the decision goes against ACE's own aims of supporting diversity and encouraging creativity.

Peter Wilson, chief executive of Norwich Theatre Royal, said: “The bullying and cowardly process by which these cuts are to be imposed is the direct opposite of the Arts Council's own declared aims of involving a wider range of voices.

“It is a further disgrace that nowhere on the Arts Council's own websites can a comprehensive list of these brutal cuts be found, or even mentioned.

“I was trained in the subsidised system, have supported it through some rough times and believe in the principle. I have never been so ashamed of its actions.”

Margaret Dixon, from the Great Hall Theatre Group, which holds performances in Theatre Street, Norwich, said: “When you rely on grants like this, when they are cut it is devastating, and especially with a unique venue like the puppet theatre.”

Steve Morphew, leader of Norwich City Council, said: “We want to see the money found and the puppet theatre having a thriving and successful future and welcome the fact the Evening News is getting behind them. It's a unique and valuable asset - we want to see it survive.”

Rona Shanahan, who lives near Aylsham, regularly goes to the theatre with her children.

She said: “I'm really shocked to hear there there's a threat of closure for this theatre because I have always thought it was very special.

“My family have been coming here for about five years and we come and see just about everything.

“I think it's unique, absolutely unique. There's some very artistic and original and creative thinking going on behind it, which has always impressed us.”

It emerged last month that groups such as orchestras and theatres which rely on government money could suffer a £500,000 cut in funding when ACE announces its investment in the arts for 2008.

ACE insisted the decisions “have not been taken lightly” and form part of a broader strategy which will see around 80 new organisations, including more than 20 theatre companies, joining its portfolio of regularly funded organisations.

Meanwhile, 746 groups will receive an inflationary increase or better.

ACE declined to go into detail as to why the theatre was chosen for the cut-backs, but said its plans were designed to concentrate its funding on “organisations of excellence" while penalising the average.

A spokesman said: “In the majority of cases this has been decided on the basis of well documented issues with poor performance. It is the strength of artistic output."

On criticism of the last minute timing of the announcement, Alex Taylor, communications officer at Arts Council England East, added: “We did not get notice from the government about what our spending allocations for the year would be until quite late on in the year.

“We sent the notices out on December 13 as soon as we could to give the organisations enough notice, it is just unfortunate this was around Christmas time.”

To see an exclusive video report, including an interview with the theatre's general manager, log onto www.eveningnews24.co.uk

To add your support to the campaign fill in the coupon and send it to the address below or sign our online petition at www.eveningnews24.co.uk

If you want to add your views write to the Evening News, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE or email [email protected]

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/conte...A17%3A06%3A117

Why theatre should be saved

TRACEY GRAY
03 January 2008 11:00

Ten reasons why the puppet theatre should be saved

- It is one of only two dedicated puppet companies for children in the country.

- It is the only theatre in the Eastern region which has a year-round programme of family-centred entertainment.

- The theatre acts as an ambassador for Norwich and the UK both abroad, in touring in countries like Finland, Spain, Mexico and Canada, and as a host to touring companies from overseas.

- The theatre plays host to a variety of other touring companies from Britain and overseas, featuring the best of British and international theatre of animation.

- It is a base for educational learning and hosts the City & Guilds courses in basic and advanced puppet making in partnership with Norfolk Adult Education, Wensum Lodge. The four term course runs on Tuesday evenings.

- The theatre also arranges workshops for groups, including schools, brownies, and scouts, both at the theatre and off-site and hosts workshops for anyone aged five and over.

- The theatre is an important part of the community, as well as a custodian for an art form and profession for the whole of the country.

- It has played host to number of famous faces including famous French mime artist Marcel Marceau and its patrons include children's author Roald Dahl and actor Richard Briers.

- It has also helped launch the careers of puppeteers allowing them to take their shows around the world.

- It plays host to the Norwich International Festival of Puppet Theatre, which is another important addition to the city's cultural calendar.

History of the theatre

Norwich Puppet Theatre was founded in 1979 by Ray and Joan DaSilva as a permanent base for their touring company and was first opened as a public venue in 1980, following the conversion of the medieval church of St. James in the heart of Norwich.

Ray, born in 1933, developed a keen interest in conjuring and puppet theatre while still at school at Wisbech in Cambridgeshire. In 1951 he received publicity on his early admission to the Magic Circle and became very busy presenting shows for local organisations.

His interest was shared by Joan - who was a dancer in a local touring group and whom he married in 1954. They took their puppet performances to Ontario, in Canada, before moving back to England in 1962 and carrying on with the shows in Morecombe and Scarborough.

In 1978, the company moved from its base in Cambridgeshire to Norwich and the conversion of the mediaeval church began.

The couple retired from the company in 1986 leaving the theatre to stand on its own feet, under the guidance of artistic directors - first Barry Smith and now Luis Z. Boy.

The theatre has previously had to evade closure threats, most notably in November 1987 when the city's businesses were urged to help the theatre to help tide it over until more funding could be found that summer.

In October 2005 the theatre celebrated its 25th anniversary, hosting a week long series of shows with international companies and performers from Spain, Catalonia, France, Portugal, Japan, Slovak Republic, India, Argentina, Russia and the UK.

The success of the 2005 festival lead to the beginnings of a biannual event - with the 2nd International Festival of Puppet Theatre which took place in October last year - featuring companies from Catalonia, Portugal, Hungary, Slovenia, Argentina, UK, Cuba and Sweden.

The theatre currently houses a 197-seat auditorium, 50 seat Octagon Studio, workshops, an exhibition gallery, shop and licensed bar.

Shows from the theatre's current repertoire are The Selfish Giant, Pinocchio, Jack & the Beanstalk, Harlequin, Snow White, Thumbelina and the Emperor's New Clothes.

The Arts Council and its funding

The Arts Council England is in charge of handing out government support to the arts. It is also responsible for distributing lottery funding.

Arts Council England is a national council of 14 members including the chairman Sir Christopher Frayling. The national council meets 5-6 times a year and is made up of representatives of the arts community with nine of the members also representing the regional councils, and one seat reserved for a representative of the Black and Asian community.

The Arts Council England divides its funding into different categories including, combined art, dance, education, literature, music, research, theatre, touring and visual arts.

Nationally nearly 200 arts organisations, including 37 theatre companies, have bee told they are to lose funding from the council.

The council insists the decisions “have not been taken lightly” and form part of a broader strategy that will see around 80 new organisations, including more than 20 theatre companies, joining its portfolio of regularly funded organisations.

Meanwhile, 746 groups will receive an inflationary increase or better. ACE also claims that of the 195 cut companies, several are being reorganised or combined, and the real figure of those losing subsidy is closer to 160. The news has been greeted with dismay and anger from the industry.

The annual turnover of the theatre is around £180,000, the majority of which is used to fund the shows and pay staff.

A third of this comes from the Arts Council, £15,000 from Norfolk County Council and £12,500 Norwich City Council.

The rest comes from revenue generated from ticket sales and one of grants for special projects.

If the funding for the theatre goes, it is not known where the theatre would go to for the extra cash.

Ian Woods, general manager of the puppet theatre, said they had been in touch with Norwich City and Norfolk County Council, but were unlikely to receive extra funding from these.

He said if the funding was cut, they would have to explore the potential of commercial sponsorship for the theatre or possibly joining forces with other theatres in the city.
Old January 4th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #56
Caveman

Done. It is a unique asset to the city of Norwich and it will be a shame to lose it. I believe that it has been under threat of closure in the past so hopefully a way shall be found to keep it open.
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:19 PM   #57
AndrewC

I'll be signing the petition later - I'm sure I've been when I was a kid, but its definitely something I never hear other cities boast about, cos I'm not sure they have one!
Old January 5th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #58
AndrewC

BBC News

Quote:
Affordable homes funding secured

Government funding has been secured for the development of 1,800 new homes in the greater Norwich area.

The £62m grant will enable affordable homes to be built in the Norwich, South Norfolk and Broadlands areas, Norwich City Council has said. The proposals will see housing associations working alongside the council to build the new homes over the next three years.

Environmental impact will be minimised in the development, the council said. The money was provided by the government through the Housing Corporation.

Councillor Steve Morphew, leader of Norwich City Council, said: "This is only the start of a great deal of effort. "The Housing Corporation has very high expectations of what they will get for this money, and there is a shortage of suitable and affordable land."
Old January 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #59
nuhouse
Norwician

Wow big news today regarding City College:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/conte...A32%3A33%3A517

College's £215m revamp plans

Norwich City College bosses have today unveiled plans for it to be demolished to make way for a £215million “world class facility”.

Over the next six years the college's Ipswich Road site will be totally redeveloped to make way for state-of-the-art facilities as well as a hotel, restaurant, swimming pool, gym and health and beauty shop and two-storey car park.

It is hoped that by 2015 the plan would increase the college's capacity from 16,000 to 20,000 students.

College leaders said the project, expected to take six years to complete, would provide Norfolk's youngsters with “world-class skills”.

The plans are a much needed shot in the arm for education in the city, which has come in for regular criticism in recent years.

Unveiling the exciting proposals, Dick Palmer, principal of the college, said: “A world-class city like Norwich needs a highly skilled workforce to enable it to compete - but Norwich will fall behind if we do not provide our young people with world class skills.

“In the future we simply cannot afford to waste the talents of any of our young people. The economic needs of the country are changing and people will need to have the high skills needed to secure good jobs. That is why we need to invest in world class facilities now, to give future generations in Norwich and Norfolk the best possible learning environment to acquire those skills and to ensure a bright economic future for the region.”

College bosses plan to put in an application for outline planning permission to Norwich City Council in March, but beforehand will be holding consultations with the public and staff.

Plans unveiled yesterday show that even its iconic Norwich Building, which has fronted the facility for more than 50 years, will not be spared.

Initially the reconstruction of the college will take place in two phases. The first stage is planned to finish by 2012, costing £96.4m and will involve work at both ends of the campus. The current sixth form centre and the halls of residence will be demolished and replaced with new buildings for the school of technology, the school of creative arts and school of hair beauty and leisure. An energy centre is also planned to make the best use of green technology.

A new partially underground car park for 650 vehicles will also be built. However, while the work is taking place there will be on-site parking only for disabled students and visitors at the front of the Norwich building entrance of the college.

Under phase two of the development, which should be completed by 2015 and cost £76.4m, a new hotel school with a hotel and restaurant open to the public will be opened, together with a new building housing the school of health, social care and early education and teaching and learning space.

A third phase, costing £42.7million, will be in the planning application but will only be built if demand for the college continues to grow.

The new buildings will also all be carbon neutral, designed to optimise natural light and ventilation and use ground source heat pumps.

The £215million total is excluding inflation - meaning the real cost if it goes ahead could be more than £300million.

It is hoped the funding for the first phase of the project will come from the Learning and Skills Council and from a variety of other sources for the second phase.

Mr Palmer added: “We want to create a world-class campus, one that inspires and motivates out students, one that the local community can look on with pride - a flagship for Norwich and Norfolk.

“We have been at the forefront of providing world-class skills for local employers, but we need a new campus to equip us to deliver the highly-skilled workforce that Norwich and Norfolk will require to compete and prosper in the 21st century's global economy.”

Mr Palmer said the total rebuild of the college was needed because of a number of factors, including:

the introduction of 17 diplomas for 14 to 19-year-olds, which will see many teenagers spending at least one day a week learning at college;

a huge expansion of apprenticeships and degree-level qualifications;

the growing population of the city, with more than 30,000 new homes planned;

a free right to return to learning up to A-level at any age up to 25;

the change in the compulsory education age to 18 by 2013.

The plans also mean there will temporarily be no student accommodation at the site, although bosses at the college have said they will be looking into places where alternate accommodation can be found for the 50 or so mostly overseas students who currently live on campus.

City College has occupied the 77,250 square metre site just south of the city for more than 55 years, with the constriction of the site being interrupted initially by the onset of the Second World War.

A consultation period has been launched with college bosses saying they want to work with members of the public to try and ensure minimal disruption whilst the work is ongoing.

What do you think of the plans? Write to Evening News Letters, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1REE, email [email protected] or log on to www.eveningnews24.co.uk/forums
Old January 5th, 2008, 09:05 PM   #60
AndrewC

Blimey, seems like a big desicion to demolish the whole site, including the main building which is a bit of a landmark on that road. But if it means world-class facilities I can understand the aim of the project. Just seems a shame to lose the whole place.
Advertisement