#PROJECT: BADRAH (The Waterfront) - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Dubai Projects > Offshore Developments > Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali

Dubai Waterfront and Palm Jebel Ali Developments on Nakheel's second palm and the new surrounding city

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #1
DXBFan79

Likes (Received): 0

#PROJECT: BADRAH (The Waterfront)

New launch by Nakheel @ Dubai Waterfront........sales commence on 25th May 2008.

www.badrah.ae

http://www.ameinfo.com/157170.html
DXBFan79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2008, 07:15 AM   #2
Tojbas

Their web-site does not work? How do I register my interest? Direct to the Sales office?
Tojbas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #3
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Nakheel launches sales for Waterfront district

on Sunday, 18 May 2008

AFFORDABLE HOMES: An artist's impression of the Badrah district at the Waterfront. (Supplied)Dubai-owned master developer Nakheel on Sunday launched the Badrah district in its Waterfront mega development.

The first phase of sales for Badrah - the second residential district to be announced within the Waterfront - begin on May 25, with handover planned for the end of 2009. The first phase will offer 1,000 apartments and townhouses.

The district, which aims to offer affordable housing, will comprise 45,000 homes on completion. The launch follows the offering of the Waterfront’s Veneto district earlier this month.

Matt Joyce, managing director at the Waterfront, said Nakheel aimed to provide a range of residential accommodation options within Dubai.

“As well as top-end luxury developments we want to create more affordable options for middle and moderate income buyers. Badrah is such a development and an opportunity for a new group of professionals to get onto the Dubai property ladder,” he said in a statement.

The development includes a light rail network, pathways and public transport system planned with direct links to Dubai's metro, which is currently under construction.

The entire Waterfront project will be made up of an inland component and six reclaimed islands, and will accommodate a population of 1.5 million when complete.

Other components of the project include Madinat Al Arab, the Canal District and Waterfront City. Construction is underway in Madinat Al Arab, which includes an accommodation complex that will eventually house 60,000 labourers.

Located along Sheikh Zayed Road, Badrah will border the Jebel Ali Free Zone, near the site where Dubai’s new international airport will be located.

The district comprises four areas - Diaa which has a high proportion of residential buildings and amenities, Talla which has a larger mix of offices, Manara which includes educational and civic amenities and Bahaa which focuses on retail and leisure elements.

All buildings will meet Leadership in Environmental Design Green Building Rating System (Leed) ratings performance international standard, which aims to result in lower maintenance and running costs, Joyce added.
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #4
ardi

Likes (Received): 2

I really dont know what nakheel is trying to do. Couple of weeks back they luanched Veneto,the ultimate in design and luxary and now next to it they luanched ultimate in bullshit. You should see the designs and floorplans its terrible.
ardi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #5
metalron
more money!

true that.
but anyone out here can get me a town house or two at the badrah? for a decent premium... 3% ? call me or email 0505249228 [email protected], names ron
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #6
durango05

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalron View Post
true that.
but anyone out here can get me a town house or two at the badrah? for a decent premium... 3% ? call me or email 0505249228 [email protected], names ron
decent premium of 3%,, hahaha ! in market ppl are trying to get it in even 5%, which still is cheap.... just see how it sells like hot cake, today i was passing by nakheel sales center in morning and there was 1 km approx queue of cars to get in the parking n keep in mind that it was an invitation affair....
durango05 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #7
metalron
more money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durango05 View Post
decent premium of 3%,, hahaha ! in market ppl are trying to get it in even 5%, which still is cheap.... just see how it sells like hot cake, today i was passing by nakheel sales center in morning and there was 1 km approx queue of cars to get in the parking n keep in mind that it was an invitation affair....

yes i know that smarty pants...
now its not advisable for a buyer to go around annoucing that is it?

although i did have a 4% offer - which i backed out due to some complications..
Old May 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #8
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardi View Post
I really dont know what nakheel is trying to do. Couple of weeks back they luanched Veneto,the ultimate in design and luxary and now next to it they luanched ultimate in bullshit. You should see the designs and floorplans its terrible.
actually, they should stop building those luxury bullshit and should focus on those cheap shitty affordable apartments. After all, the majority want to live and cannot afford any of those luxury bullshit projects.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2008, 11:27 PM   #9
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 139

malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM   #10
ardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw View Post
actually, they should stop building those luxury bullshit and should focus on those cheap shitty affordable apartments. After all, the majority want to live and cannot afford any of those luxury bullshit projects.
So why dont you call Bin(something) the Nakheel CEO and advice him on that, He should choose diffrent communities for luxary bullshit and shitty afordable.
Old May 26th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #11
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

They should but obviously they sold this country long time ago so they care about what goes to their pocket and not what is better for the country.
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:28 AM   #12
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

ugly townhouses

Old May 28th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #13
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Badrah is the second residential district to be announced within Waterfront, an entirely new city masterplanned from scratch in ‘new Dubai’ and follows the hugely successful Veneto launch earlier in the month. Badrah will be the first active gateway to Waterfront. Located along the Sheikh Zayed Road, it borders Jebel Ali Free Zone and will be close to Dubai’s new international airport. There are four areas distinct areas in Badrah, each connected by a central boulevard. LIVE has a high proportion of residential buildings and amenities; WORK has a larger mix of offices; LEARN includes educational and civic amenities; and PLAY focuses on retail and leisure elements. While designed with sustainability and affordability as key factors, Badrah will be built to very high standards. All buildings will meet LEED (Leadership in Environmental Design Green Building Rating System) ratings performance standard as a minimum. This will result in lower maintenance and running costs as energy and water consumption is substantially decreased. Architecture blends modern modular forms with traditional Arabic design and when completed the Badrah district will offer 45,000 homes. The first phase of sales will commence on 25 May 2008 with just over 1,000 apartments and townhouses available. Handover of this phase is expected to take place at in mid 2009.
Old May 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #14
DoBuy
BANNED

Ugly development.Waterfront is a bad idea.This project will guarantee oversupply in Dubai and force prices down
DoBuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #15
Alt-Tab

Likes (Received): 11

I also passed by the Nakheel sales center on Sunday and as expected there was a huge queue of cars outside.

Badrah next batch launch in 3 weeks.
There is a 10% premium on Town Houses and 9% on apartments.

Market is hot Nakheel and Emaar cashing in, bringing forward the release of projects.

AltTab
Alt-Tab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #16
hussamb

maybe this will be the place where poor ppl of dubai will stay. that why designs are so poor and weak.
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #17
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 139

I don't get this. You guys think designs for the lower classes should be poor and weak? If anything they should not so as to prevent social problems, etc in the future. They need to be basic but well designed just like everything else.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #18
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

I don't find the desing that bad. There should be many of those projects. I am happy if those kind of projects will insure limiting the numbers of unwanted investors coming to exaggerate the properties prices.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #19
ardi

Do you think this design and this quality will meet the LEED certificate? I seriously doubt, and only because they want to sell it cheap (compare to other development, its not that cheap ) again does it mean they should design shit?

This is Nakheel policy to ask all the private developers to go big on size, Gold in LEED, hand over the plots late and sell expensive only in order to sell faster and higher in price to customers.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 08:03 PM   #20
awc

what is LEED certificate? Anyone can please expain it to me. Thanks in advance.

Regards
awc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement