QUILL CITY (Previously Vision City) | Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Sultan Ismail) | U/C - Page 32 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Mixed-Developments

Mixed-Developments completed, refurbished and ongoing mixed-developments projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2016, 02:14 AM   #621
excellabravo

Likes (Received): 37

Mini Terracotta statues~

excellabravo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2016, 06:49 AM   #622
archilover

Likes (Received): 3218

https://www.facebook.com/kldevelopmentconstruction/

archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2016, 06:50 AM   #623
archilover

Likes (Received): 3218

https://www.facebook.com/kldevelopmentconstruction/

dengilo liked this post
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2016, 11:42 AM   #624
excellabravo

Huge no. of crowd at Quill City Mall on yesterday~

Old April 4th, 2016, 06:55 PM   #625
FNNG

Likes (Received): 3066

What happen there?
FNNG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2016, 08:48 PM   #626
ILM

Likes (Received): 845

Recently visited Quill City and Sunway Putra, these two malls can be compared to because they share similar traits- recently opened (or reopened), owned by big MNCs, and located in areas of the city centre in need of rejuvenation.

But Quill City pales in comparison with Sunway Putra, like many pointed out- poor white plastic interior finishings, messy layout, and worst of all wasted opportunity in using the dropoff area for alfresco dining. Even the revamped Maju Junction got it right for that! One quarter of shops still empty especially the top floors. I see this mall facing difficulty if they don't do something about it.

On the other hand, Sunway Putra was tastefully done, I even enjoyed walking there more than Sunway Pyramid. They even sort made a modern incarnation of Medan Hang Tuah on the top floor. My only gripe with her is her small atrium, I do understand it's due to space constraints

The Malaysian Skyscraper Forums | Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia
ILM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2016, 04:26 PM   #627
excellabravo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILM View Post
Recently visited Quill City and Sunway Putra, these two malls can be compared to because they share similar traits- recently opened (or reopened), owned by big MNCs, and located in areas of the city centre in need of rejuvenation.

But Quill City pales in comparison with Sunway Putra, like many pointed out- poor white plastic interior finishings, messy layout, and worst of all wasted opportunity in using the dropoff area for alfresco dining. Even the revamped Maju Junction got it right for that! One quarter of shops still empty especially the top floors. I see this mall facing difficulty if they don't do something about it.

On the other hand, Sunway Putra was tastefully done, I even enjoyed walking there more than Sunway Pyramid. They even sort made a modern incarnation of Medan Hang Tuah on the top floor. My only gripe with her is her small atrium, I do understand it's due to space constraints
I agree the fact Quill City interior doesnt look nice but Putra's interior is aint that nice either. IMO, Putra's interior looks dull to me which doesn't fit to be "high" class mall as Sunway claims to be. The centre atrium looks extremely small and stuffy.

If want to do comparison between Quill City and Putra, I prefer Quill City's layout more than Putra as they have WIDE walkway as compared to Putra's narrow walkway. In terms of crowd on typical weekends/holidays, Quill have much better crowd than putra.. My friend who has a shop at Putra always mention that less people coming to Putra on weekends and most of tenants at there suffers very badly..especially Asian Avenue. I've been to these 2 malls quite frequently and yes, Quill indeed have much better crowd than Putra..

In terms of tenants mix, I think Putra lacks of different categories of shops to make it a complete package as compared to Quill such as:
1) fitness outlet,
2) entertainment outlets (e.g bowling, karaoke, skybar, video arcade outlet, etc..)
3) non-halal food outlets,
4) fast food outlets,
5) toy store,
6) department store (e.g aeon/parkson)

Also, Putra Mall's escalators have spoiled for almost 11 months (at least 3 sets of escalators) and they didnt even bother to fix it. Ask any of the tenants of putra and they will know how bad the issue of faulty escalators which has been prolonged for so long time. The only good thing about Putra is the fashion outlets and that's it! The old yaohan mall which has indoor theme park is much better than the current putra mall, IMO.
Old April 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #628
realitybites-u

Likes (Received): 5595

in my own conclusion,

Quill City Mall, Nice exterior but boring interior.

Sunway Putra Mall, Hideous on the exterior but nice interior.

Honestly the tenants for both mall are so so only but I think Sunway Putra is much better.

ILM liked this post
realitybites-u no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2016, 02:29 PM   #629
j0hn____
John Cheng

Likes (Received): 452

Sunway Putra is much better.!!!!
j0hn____ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 03:37 AM   #630
Bourgandy
Bourgandy

Likes (Received): 690

Sunway Putra Mall is better indeed. Quill group have no experience in designing and managing a mall compared with Sunway group.

I guess one of the reasons that made SPM to have low shoppers is because of their location. It's right out of the corner in KL central area, nearby high-end residential areas.

If SPM to be located at he Quill City Mall now, i bet it's gonna be even more successful. And bring in more vibrance and hip to that area.

j0hn____ liked this post
Bourgandy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #631
excellabravo

List of latest newly-opened tenants

-Celebrity Fitness
-Arista KTV
-Pasafi.com
-Sydney Fish Market
-Angelo Jewellery
-2ft Orthotics’

-TM Point

Opening Soon:

-United Colors of Benetton
-Joya Shoes (world's softest shoes)
-Simplay City
-SuperShopBox (1st in Malaysia)

Last edited by excellabravo; May 13th, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old June 13th, 2016, 05:57 PM   #632
excellabravo

Some photos of QCM taken on 4th June 2016 (Saturday)

--Traffic jam from Jalan Kuching leading to Jalan Sultan Ismail--

--LG Floor--

--AEON--

Old June 14th, 2016, 06:04 PM   #633
FNNG

I seeeeee lots of people !!! Lol so this mall is actually doing well compare to other ?
Old June 21st, 2016, 05:17 PM   #634
excellabravo

United Colors of Benetton from Italy has opened recently at Ground Floor (beside H&M). The Benetton flagship store (approximately 2,750 sq. feet) is their biggest of the two other outlets in Malaysia.

The store carries a complete casual womenswear, menswear & childrenswear, as well as a wide selection of accessories

Old September 1st, 2016, 12:58 AM   #635
Carlyle1

Likes (Received): 29

Sibling recently visited this mall on a weekday night and noted that the mall is DEAD empty. Footfall was very low n many shops/restaurants are empty, even the cinema hardly had people.
Carlyle1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2016, 08:22 AM   #636
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2008

The mall management will have to find creative way to guide drivers to the mall Access ramp to the basement parking so very narrow.The food court sucks big time.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2016, 06:10 PM   #637
PlanetNova

Likes (Received): 143

I like the fact that things here are cheaper than those in other KL malls. For instance, movie tickets are cheaper here. Parking is very cheap here. Altho the interiors are quite plain the mall is spacious. I don't mind going there for a quick bite and catch a movie. Let's support our communal mall!

dengilo liked this post
PlanetNova no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #638
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1922

This mall is already opened for 2 years already and still failed to attract the crowd it needed. Sad to say that if this goes on....more tenants would be leaving after their contract expires

anordinarymouse liked this post
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2016, 03:54 PM   #639
FNNG

I thought they have Parkson member day or AEON member day? Still cannot revive? I think this mall have gloomy future.

TBH i went to this mall twice and i kinda like this mall. If this mall was closer to my house then i will be frequent visitor. This mall does have great variety of shops and their shops are usually very big. I think they fail at their design to attract visitor. It looks too plain.
Old September 7th, 2016, 04:21 AM   #640
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2008

I am ok with this mall. Its like pavilion Jr spacious.BUT the management simply not doing enough to promote it.I hate the food court layout.So much untapped potential.Why would i want to be in the Bkt Bintang area when i have this mall as the alternative.They will have improve the frontage area facing Jln Sultan Ismail with more interesting F&B outlets,improve the access to basement parking is a piority.The Drop off area is narrow and should be the same level as Jln Sultan Ismail and plating more shady trees along Jln Sultan Ismail is a bonus.
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement