Metro Manila Mass Rapid Transit System - Page 621 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 18th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #12401
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrararawr View Post
sir parang di naman, matino naman yung design
Iisa na nga lang yung viaduct na ginagamit ng LRT 1 at MRT 3 paghihiwalayin pa. Di ko magets tong renders na nirelease nila. Ginawa pang maze yung EDSA.

Eto pa rin ang best layout. And the least na may pag-asa pang matutuloy.

[email protected] liked this post
architect@14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 18th, 2017, 09:05 AM   #12402
transjico
BANNED

Likes (Received): 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Iisa na nga lang yung viaduct na ginagamit ng LRT 1 at MRT 3 paghihiwalayin pa. Di ko magets tong renders na nirelease nila. Ginawa pang maze yung EDSA.

Eto pa rin ang best layout. And the least na may pag-asa pang matutuloy.
I actually like that they separated the viaducts for both LRT-1 and MRT-3 which as per renders is double tracked as opposed to single track on the original as the single track would definitely be a disaster for turnback and operational speeds to and from the station ala MRT-3 Taft Avenue (when only 1 platform is operational) wherein 1 train waits too long for the other to leave and the control room to switch the tracks.

evilgenius15, chestersim, dewlin07 liked this post
transjico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:14 AM   #12403
eldrararawr

Likes (Received): 94

After this north EDSA common station fiasco, I hope naman they consider building a proper common station at EDSA-Taft where LRT, MRT, and the proposed subway loop line will meet.
eldrararawr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:25 AM   #12404
flywithme

Likes (Received): 145

This design makes it possible to spread out the mass of people getting in and out of the station. I think its a good balance between convenience and crowd management. Having all the lines a few steps from each other will cause congestion.

In other countries (ive been lucky enough to have used Beijing, Shanghai, Incheon, Tokyo, Singapore, HK because of my line of work), people do have to walk some distance to transfer lines. In my own opinion, if lines are too close to each other then it will just cause congestion. So a balance of convenience and people flow is a must. Im not an expert but thats based on my own personal experience in riding subways, MRTs, MTR, etc in other countries.

Thoughts?
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #12405
Bahay_Kubo
IntellectuallyStimulating

Likes (Received): 511

tagumpay ang mga Zobel de Ayala, c/o Noel Kintanar.

chestersim liked this post
Bahay_Kubo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:38 AM   #12406
alvingod

Likes (Received): 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywithme View Post
This design makes it possible to spread out the mass of people getting in and out of the station. I think its a good balance between convenience and crowd management. Having all the lines a few steps from each other will cause congestion.

In other countries (ive been lucky enough to have used Beijing, Shanghai, Incheon, Tokyo, Singapore, HK because of my line of work), people do have to walk some distance to transfer lines. In my own opinion, if lines are too close to each other then it will just cause congestion. So a balance of convenience and people flow is a must. Im not an expert but thats based on my own personal experience in riding subways, MRTs, MTR, etc in other countries.

Thoughts?
I agree. I ride the MRT at North Avenue station and its always crowded and the platform is always full. I expect mas dadami ang sasakay pag tapos na MRT7. Imagine if side by side sila ng LRT 1 and same station sa 7. The lines will spill over ulet sa EDSA.

At least this one ikakalat nya yun crowd ng konti.

dantskie1978 liked this post
alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #12407
lanz09

Likes (Received): 350

Dun sa nagdesign, pwede gawa ka ng design with the existing rail track gap. Hindi naman ganun kalayo yung gap between northbound and southbound.
lanz09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:50 AM   #12408
lanz09

Likes (Received): 350

Quote:

Thoughts?
The good thing with the two walkways is that it will separate transit passengers and mall goers. Transit passengers will take the short walkway while mall goers will definitely take the long walkway assuming Trinoma will have an entrance there. Less crowd will be expected.
lanz09 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:55 AM   #12409
equinox

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:

Thoughts?

Agree with this. In those cities you've mentioned (with the exception of Beijing & Shanghai which I have yet to visit) you really have to walk - and some times it feels like walking for hundreds of meters. Even getting out can be quite a walk, with some exits way too far from the platform. Of course, those stations are lined with retail shops.

dantskie1978 liked this post
equinox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 09:56 AM   #12410
cheeso

Likes (Received): 14

this was supposed to be finished by now, imagine 2009 pa ang plano, after 8 years saka nagkasundo ?? then what another 10 years for construction?? this is what you get when the richest of your land are foreigners, they don't care the sufferings of the Filipinos, they are Chinese or Spanish who can ride on their chopper or private planes to go anywhere..
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:21 AM   #12411
Transporter89
Infrastructures/Cities

Likes (Received): 1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb View Post
Project ng isang First year Architecture student?
Proposal pa lang yan. Masyado ka demanding

Bulabugin natin ang gobyerno! Huwag tayong titigil hangga't hindi ito bumibili ng karagdagang tren at kumukuha ng magagaling at matitinong railway managers. Dikdikin natin ang gobyerno para diinan din nito ang mga negosyanteng nanlalamang sa kontrata at serbisyo.
Transporter89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:04 AM   #12412
flywithme

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox View Post
Agree with this. In those cities you've mentioned (with the exception of Beijing & Shanghai which I have yet to visit) you really have to walk - and some times it feels like walking for hundreds of meters. Even getting out can be quite a walk, with some exits way too far from the platform. Of course, those stations are lined with retail shops.
Yup i agree. I actually would have liked to see another walkway that exits West Ave. on the other side of EDSA. Thats probably just 100 meters away? What ive noticed in other stations (i hate referring to other countries but where else can i base my observations from?) they have exits in every direction. There's exit A for those headed north, exit B for those headed east, C for those going to a popular tourist spot, D for a mall, E for a street etc etc etc.

This I hope is the first of many common stations in Manila. For sure we'll have more common stations when more MRT/LRT lines are built and intersect each other. I understand all the fuss about it though being the Grand Central Common Station for all ages/season. But its not only about the convenience of transferring lines.

Thanks for your comments!

mon_dy, evilgenius15, vmanato liked this post
flywithme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:10 AM   #12413
flywithme

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvingod View Post
I agree. I ride the MRT at North Avenue station and its always crowded and the platform is always full. I expect mas dadami ang sasakay pag tapos na MRT7. Imagine if side by side sila ng LRT 1 and same station sa 7. The lines will spill over ulet sa EDSA.

At least this one ikakalat nya yun crowd ng konti.
Yup i agree 100%! Thanks for the comment!
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #12414
[email protected]
Philippine Forum Mod

Likes (Received): 5713

Okay...setting aside my "sama ng loob" with the Ayalas and putting my speculative engineering hat on....I'm still a transit geek.

One of the things that is really puzzling is the presence of two viaducts, one viaduct for MRT3 and another for LRT1. Currently there is one existing viaduct that physically links MRT3 and LRT1.

This is a clearer image of what walrus357 posted earlier...

source

It looks like the existing MRT3/LRT1 viaduct will remain BUT a *new* LRT1 viaduct will be constructed. If you look at the upper left part of the image, my guess is this new viaduct will be built and linked at the existing provisions left for the original Common Station. Now where the new LRT1 viaduct wlll end, who knows but obviously before the existing North Avenue Station.

It kinda makes sense since LRT1 is now under LRMC/Ayala so they can extend that a little with its own viaduct if they want. But note that MRT3 riders will be far away from MRT7 while the Ayala controlled LRT1 is sandwiched between.

"The best solution all over the world, time tested, safe, no pollution, is still the use of the train system." - Ms. Elvira Medina, Nat'l Center for Commuter Safety and Protection

lianlaspinas, nelo-- liked this post
queetz@home no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:35 AM   #12415
flywithme

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Okay...setting aside my "sama ng loob" with the Ayalas and putting my speculative engineering hat on....I'm still a transit geek.

One of the things that is really puzzling is the presence of two viaducts, one viaduct for MRT3 and another for LRT1. Currently there is one existing viaduct that physically links MRT3 and LRT1.

This is a clearer image of what walrus357 posted earlier...

source

It looks like the existing MRT3/LRT1 viaduct will remain BUT a *new* LRT1 viaduct will be constructed. If you look at the upper left part of the image, my guess is this new viaduct will be built and linked at the existing provisions left for the original Common Station. Now where the new LRT1 viaduct wlll end, who knows but obviously before the existing North Avenue Station.

It kinda makes sense since LRT1 is now under LRMC/Ayala so they can extend that a little with its own viaduct if they want. But note that MRT3 riders will be far away from MRT7 while the Ayala controlled LRT1 is sandwiched between.
Ok so if I were to imagine this, passengers riding on line3 from Taft will alight on the right side (orientation based on the picture) and transfer to line 1 just across and board on the left side of the train going to baclaran and vice versa. Those who will be coming from line 7 will have to walk on the floor under that platform and take the escalators going up depending on which line you want to take.

Does that make sense?
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:36 AM   #12416
ronki

Likes (Received): 344

Pardon me.

Do the 48m and 170m walkways have direct access to and from the 3 lines?
ronki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:39 AM   #12417
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 11144

Looks like a new L1 viaduct will be built, based on the general render [light stencil lines for L1].

Quote:
This I hope is the first of many common stations in Manila. For sure we'll have more common stations when more MRT/LRT lines are built and intersect each other.
Well lets hope our policy makers will learn from the mistakes of the Compromise este Common Station.

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:41 AM   #12418
flywithme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronki View Post
Pardon me.

Do the 48m and 170m walkways have direct access to and from the 3 lines?
It looks like there's a floor under Area A and Area C that connects them both.
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:46 AM   #12419
ronki

Likes (Received): 344

So if I alight from the front part of the MRT-3. I can opt to go to the 48m walkway to the MRT-7. Instead of going around the longer walkway...did I get it right?

--

But I do have to walk to the boarding area in the MRT-7 platform.
ronki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2017, 11:52 AM   #12420
le Reine
Finding destiny

Likes (Received): 2956

Sana may concourse level sa ibaba ng platforms kundi super sikip niyan...
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement