ECOWAS: Morocco admitted "in principle", Tunisia observer, Mauritania association rejected should ask for readmission - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > General Forums > Business, Economy and Infrastructure

Business, Economy and Infrastructure Our architecture, infrastructure, transport, economy and other related discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:46 AM   #21
Iazzouzi
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3,056
Likes (Received): 4618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyumba View Post
It's because right now it's a fake-Arab country but by December everything could happen over there.

Just Google Rif protests, something is brewing, an Arab-Berber clash that inshallah will wipeout the fake-Arabs and restore relations with the Jews

Yes to a BERBER Morocco in ECOWAS
There is really no ethnic problem in Morocco, the problems are political and economic.

Ps: I think the majority of the Berbers see Israel as a colonialist state and an apartheid regime, we don't want restore relations with this country.
Iazzouzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #22
blabliblablou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 169
Likes (Received): 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdokoye View Post
Exactly, those are things that will be discussed, how will they justify it, allowing Moroccans in, but not Chad. Morocco is not a West African nation, so if they do decide to go ahead with it, ECOWAS will
immediately cease to exist, the moment it happens.
Yes armageddon! nuclear war! we're all doomed! oh gooood!

The contradiction you're pointing out only exists in your mind! Because you say that ECOWAS is all about geography(well in realz you mean race... but let's not dive there again!) when it is not!
Geopolitics is all about interests! and ECOWAS is no different than any other international organisation! ECOWAS countries unanimousely accepted Morocco's integration and rejected Chad... I'm guessing Morocco had more to bring to the table than Chad... that's all there is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdokoye View Post
Morocco is a Muslim country, whereas ECOWAS is secular,
This non sense again! As it has been said times and again, Territories in NIGERIA, larger and more populous than Morocco are waaaaaaaay more "islamic" than my country!
Mauritania is waaaaaay more islamic than morocco... you don't seem to have a problem with that...
Just be a little consistant please! May I remind you that morocco ishelping your country Nigeria right now fight extremism?
Anyway, let's put it this way : ECOWAS as secular group would help Morocco to become a secular country! isn't that a good thing?(I doubt it since they coulden't do crap about northen nigeria...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdokoye View Post
already an issue has been presented with Morocco refusing to come to the ECOWAS summit because of Israel's presence - they're not in ECOWAS but are already presenting problems.
This is bull crap! Morocco has the biggest jewish community in the arab world! and the second in africa (after SA)! we've been a safe haven for jews pour centuries! from the spanish reconquista to WW2!
May I remind you that your own president didn't attend for the same reason! Israel, not a jewish guy attending!
You can be against what israel is doing in palestine, without being an antisemite (or muslim as a matter of fact), right?
And our govername,t dosen't actually care... it's more about public reaction to this, than anything else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdokoye View Post
The free movement of goods and PEOPLE will also be another major problem.
We already have free movement (well no visas) with a lot of ECOWAS countries... dosen't seem to pose a problem... we have a lot of illegal immigrants from ecowas countries, that regularely get legalised status.. las compaign was like 6 months ago...
And we definitely welcome free movement of goods and capital...
All in all... there is no problem here... l
blabliblablou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:56 AM   #23
blabliblablou
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 169
Likes (Received): 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iazzouzi View Post
There is really no ethnic problem in Morocco, the problems are political and economic.

Ps: I think the majority of the Berbers see Israel as a colonialist state and an apartheid regime, we don't want restore relations with this country.
Don't feed this troll! he's not here to debate! just ignore him!
blabliblablou no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:11 AM   #24
Naijaborn
.........................
 
Naijaborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lagos.
Posts: 15,195
Likes (Received): 5334

Did Chad officially apply ever?
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:14 AM   #25
ekema
Registered User
 
ekema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,535
Likes (Received): 6033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naijaborn View Post
Did Chad officially apply ever?
I see chad was granted observer status after seeking support for its admission from nigeria and others
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/c...as-membership/

http://www.panapress.com/ECOWAS-gran...ng2-index.html
ekema no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:19 AM   #26
Rdokoye
I'm The King
 
Rdokoye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,710
Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naijaborn View Post
Did Chad officially apply ever?
Yes, and ECOWAS considered it, just like they're considering Morocco:

Chad to join ECOWAS?

Quote:
Chad is a Central African country and a member of the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS), - but why should not it also become a member of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)? Although the idea has not been officially announced, the spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Moussa Mahamat Dago indicated on 19 January 2012 in Abidjan during a celebration of Chad’s 50th anniversary that the issue was currently being considered.

Emerging from several decades of unrest, Chad understands more than any other African country that “African integration is necessary for its development”, stated Mahamat.

He also underlined that Chad, which has already developed close relationships with four ECOWAS Member Countries, has a geographic location that would allow it to be a member of both ECOWAS and ECCAS and that such a dual membership “would not be contradictory.” It would not be the first time that a country was a member of two regional economic communities.

Chadian authorities have been unofficially considering this possibility because they see it as a way of securing the best possible future for their country. After thirty years of war, explained Mahamat, Chad continues to evoke the image of an unstable and violent country. Under the leadership of President Idriss Déby, the country has launched serious diplomatic efforts over the past decade to erase this dark past and to attract investors to this “huge construction site”, endowed with a vast potential that is just waiting to be exploited.” Despite some attempts to foster a rebellion, Mahamat stressed that President Déby has succeeded in putting Chad on the path towards development.

Since the start of oil production in 2005, Chad has become the ninth largest African oil producer and has improved its network of roads, which has expanded from 200 to more than 3 000 km. Plans for a new, ultramodern airport are underway, and a railroad linking the country to Cameroon will soon be constructed. While being a veritable construction site, Chad also has forty million hectors of arable land.

In order to encourage the effective use of this land, Mahamat indicated the country “has equipped itself with a particularly attractive investment code” and is looking to secure the best opportunities for itself by diversifying its economic partners in both Central and West Africa.
http://www.oecd.org/swac/chadtojoinecowas.htm

But ultimately they turned them down, for the very same reason they'll turn Morocco down, for the same reason Haiti's request to join the AU was turned down. Haiti is NOT in Africa and Morroco is NOT in West Africa. If Morocco is permitted, then ECOWAS ceases to be ECOWAS. The only solution is if they give the country some kind of special status, outside of that, I don't see how they could justify it. That coupled with the fact that Morocco is NOT democracy and thus violates the ECOWAS Protocol on Democracy.
__________________
I still believe that the one thing that will bring peace, absolute peace, to this country, the type of peace we want attached to development, is to liberate Ndi Igbo and there is no better act of liberation than accepting that they have equal right in Nigeria.

~ Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ikemba

ekema, Umoja liked this post

Last edited by Rdokoye; June 6th, 2017 at 02:29 AM.
Rdokoye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:46 AM   #27
Rdokoye
I'm The King
 
Rdokoye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,710
Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabliblablou View Post
Yes armageddon! nuclear war! we're all doomed! oh gooood!

The contradiction you're pointing out only exists in your mind! Because you say that ECOWAS is all about geography(well in realz you mean race... but let's not dive there again!) when it is not!
Geopolitics is all about interests! and ECOWAS is no different than any other international organisation! ECOWAS countries unanimousely accepted Morocco's integration and rejected Chad... I'm guessing Morocco had more to bring to the table than Chad... that's all there is!
Morocco wasn't accepted into ECOWAS, it's application was accepted "in principle", but nothing has been agreed yet. They haven't even considered the ramifications of the North African nation joining ECOWAS. Once that has been done, then we'll see where they're at. But as I said before, ECOWAS is a union for West African nations and Morocco is NOT a West African nation.

Quote:
This non sense again! As it has been said times and again, Territories in NIGERIA, larger and more populous than Morocco are waaaaaaaay more "islamic" than my country!
Mauritania is waaaaaay more islamic than morocco... you don't seem to have a problem with that...
Just be a little consistant please! May I remind you that morocco ishelping your country Nigeria right now fight extremism?
Anyway, let's put it this way : ECOWAS as secular group would help Morocco to become a secular country! isn't that a good thing?(I doubt it since they coulden't do crap about northen nigeria...)
There are also territories in Nigeria that are far more Christian, and far more animist. What's your point? Nigeria is a secular nation, for that particular reason.

How is Morocco helping Nigeria fight extremism? Is there even any fighting going on anymore? Just random acts of terrorism now, the fighting ended quite some time ago.

Quote:
This is bull crap! Morocco has the biggest jewish community in the arab world! and the second in africa (after SA)! we've been a safe haven for jews pour centuries! from the spanish reconquista to WW2!
May I remind you that your own president didn't attend for the same reason! Israel, not a jewish guy attending!
You can be against what israel is doing in palestine, without being an antisemite (or muslim as a matter of fact), right?
And our govername,t dosen't actually care... it's more about public reaction to this, than anything else...
Our president is in a hospital in England, that's why he didn't attend. Nigeria's attitude towards Israel has already been affirmed. Nigeria works with Israel; the only discrepancies arise when the issue of Palestine is raised, outside of that, no one has any problems with the country.

Quote:
We already have free movement (well no visas) with a lot of ECOWAS countries... dosen't seem to pose a problem... we have a lot of illegal immigrants from ecowas countries, that regularely get legalised status.. las compaign was like 6 months ago...
And we definitely welcome free movement of goods and capital...
All in all... there is no problem here... l
You don't have free movement of goods and people with any country in ECOWAS.

When I say free movement, I mean, the moment you become a member of ECOWAS, ALL West African peoples instantly become Moroccan Nationals. That means I can go to Morocco and will be afforded all the rights as a citizen of the country that you are privy to.
__________________
I still believe that the one thing that will bring peace, absolute peace, to this country, the type of peace we want attached to development, is to liberate Ndi Igbo and there is no better act of liberation than accepting that they have equal right in Nigeria.

~ Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ikemba

ekema, mekon liked this post
Rdokoye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:50 AM   #28
sponcer_cv
Registered User
 
sponcer_cv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Praia - Lisbon
Posts: 751
Likes (Received): 1677

So it's time for CV to leave.
sponcer_cv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:54 AM   #29
Rdokoye
I'm The King
 
Rdokoye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London
Posts: 6,710
Likes (Received): 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponcer_cv View Post
So it's time for CV to leave.
Why? Morocco is NOT joining!
__________________
I still believe that the one thing that will bring peace, absolute peace, to this country, the type of peace we want attached to development, is to liberate Ndi Igbo and there is no better act of liberation than accepting that they have equal right in Nigeria.

~ Emeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ikemba
Rdokoye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:13 AM   #30
sponcer_cv
Registered User
 
sponcer_cv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Praia - Lisbon
Posts: 751
Likes (Received): 1677

Not because of Morocco, because it's getting serious.
sponcer_cv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:27 AM   #31
ekema
Registered User
 
ekema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,535
Likes (Received): 6033

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponcer_cv View Post
Not because of Morocco, because it's getting serious.
What's getting serious
ekema no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:35 AM   #32
sponcer_cv
Registered User
 
sponcer_cv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Praia - Lisbon
Posts: 751
Likes (Received): 1677

ECOWAS
sponcer_cv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:37 AM   #33
ekema
Registered User
 
ekema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,535
Likes (Received): 6033

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponcer_cv View Post
ECOWAS
I see. I guess it wasn't serious until Morocco joined in your view. Didn't you guys try to join the eu too. I can see why you think that way
__________________

Umoja, Naijaborn liked this post
ekema no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 04:06 AM   #34
mwanamwiwa
Registered User
 
mwanamwiwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,589
Likes (Received): 1578

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekema View Post
This is the 4th thread on this. Hopefully this one lasts. As I've stated previously this will lead to a weakened ecowas. Doesn't make sense to exclude chad and accept these guys.
I don't know, If anything Morroco has the capital and the will to spread it around. I am all for political and economic integration so personally I welcome Morrocan enterprise.
__________________
“ Dream About What The Devil Says You Can’t Have! ” Creflo Dollar $$
mwanamwiwa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 04:28 AM   #35
ekema
Registered User
 
ekema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 8,535
Likes (Received): 6033

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwanamwiwa View Post
I don't know, If anything Morroco has the capital and the will to spread it around. I am all for political and economic integration so personally I welcome Morrocan enterprise.
What capital ? They're a poor country
__________________

mekon, nubiana liked this post
ekema no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 08:14 AM   #36
dakhla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,178
Likes (Received): 253

ekema I wish you can ask somebody to translate this to you. this is from last week.

this Nigerian Imam/ doctor teach in Nigerian university gave the history of Morocco Nigerian fpr the last 1000 years till the last century befor the European occupation. he use documentation and books names and all the detail and documentations that any researcher can get access to.

it's very informative.




I posted the video because most Moroccans here don't know all those details.

Last edited by dakhla; June 6th, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
dakhla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:26 AM   #37
Umoja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kinshasa
Posts: 10,453
Likes (Received): 7549

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekema View Post
I see. I guess it wasn't serious until Morocco joined in your view. Didn't you guys try to join the eu too. I can see why you think that way
Of course they tried, they are still trying to join the EU...They want to join their ex colonial master...
Umoja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #38
Umoja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kinshasa
Posts: 10,453
Likes (Received): 7549

Ecowas gets new chair as Morocco snubs summit over Netanyahu [The Morning Call]
Umoja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #39
botanika
BOT
 
botanika's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Morocco
Posts: 811
Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umoja View Post
Of course they tried, they are still trying to join the EU...They want to join their ex colonial master...
That would be a smart decision indeed, especially if the "Ex colonial masters",as you like to call them, bring more to the table than follow African brothers.
It's a game of interests, that countries with Soviet-era mentality, can't win.
botanika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #40
Umoja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kinshasa
Posts: 10,453
Likes (Received): 7549

Quote:
Originally Posted by botanika View Post
That would be a smart decision indeed, especially if the "Ex colonial masters",as you like to call them, bring more to the table than follow African brothers.
It's a game of interests, that countries with Soviet-era mentality, can't win.
I guess, it's always about " Money" for you people ? You want to join ECOWAS with this kind of attitude...
__________________

ekema liked this post
Umoja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:39 PM. • styleid: 14


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us