Projects & Construction - Page 55 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 921 votes, 4.98 average.
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #1081
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tournesol View Post
You've got the location wrong. It actually located where the - as mentioned - ugly "International Fashion House" lies. Which means it will have to be demolished .
On the architects website you can see that it's loacted next to the Clarion Hotel, and it also mentions it as the corner of Bådehavnsgade and Sjællandsbroen.

@EDK_DK, I have to agree with ch1le. Not very mega, IMO. But certainly an improvement to the existing. Btw, from the renderings it looks as maximum 6 floors.
In fact: The location of the Sydporten project is tricky. The one shown here with copper will be (as is currently being) placed SW of Sydhavnsgade/Sjællandsbroen. However, the overall project of Sydporten must be understood as a "gate" to CPH (hence the name SydPORTEN). The project UC is part of an even bigger project also including the site NE of Sydhavnsgade/Sjællandsbroen. HLA has made a similar project for this site too - making the two projects combined work as a "gate" to the city.
Fab 5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #1082
TMG

Likes (Received): 29

Architect competition - Northern Habour

Arealudviklingsselskabet has just announced a architectual competition regarding the Northern Habour. The competion will officially start in may and be completed ultimo this year. Read more at the new website http://www.nordhavnen.dk/. Notice, that you can participate in the debate at the website, but yo must be registered as a user first.

Iám looking forward to the competition. The visions for the area portrayed by the Socialdemocrats and the Social Liberals (Radikale Venstre) at the municipalicy of Copenhagen indicates the posibility of true skysrapers in Copenhagen (up to 180 m.).

For further information and pictures regarding projects in Copenhagen - visit my homepage about construction in Copenhagen - http://www.kifora.dk
TMG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #1083
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Viking View Post
About the Egeraat proposal, I don't think Christianshavn Lokalråd have given up their opposition. I once infiltrated that particular organisation*, and they are all first class nimbys and bananas. All of them old and with lots of time to protest, go to meetings at the town hall etc. If they ever said anything positive about Egeraats proposal it can only have been in comparison with the second proposal (HLT, BIG and K. Utzon
Well, it is a weird organization. And I think they are very much on their guards with regard to potential infiltrators ;-). When you go to their meetings you have to tell exactly who you, why you are there and where you are from. I am sure new and unknown participants are googled right after the meeting ;-)

It is a very elitist and manipulative grouping and I am convinced that they, although they claim to do, don’t at all represent all people of Christianshavn. Hopefully we will see a new composition when the council is changed from what is more a grass roots movement to a formal "lokaludvalg".

I cannot really see through what their focus is - perhaps "preserving status quo with a historical twist". Hmm. I don't know. On the other hand they hate grandiose plans like Realdanias turning the old ramparts into how they were at the time of absolute monarchy. So they don't really want the way things used to be. Perhaps they just want Christianshavn to be left alone not taking any responsibility towards the overall development of Copenhagen. However, that is just so premature, I think. They are extremely self-satisfied.

Chritianshavns Lokalråd is also responsible for the whole area of Holmen being so boring and dead. Their "bus gate" campaign has effectively stopped outsiders from driving to Holmen and making that part of town shine. One can always discuss traffic and environmental issues, I admit, however, I still think it is a really sad story. It is far from what I regard as legitimate democracy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM   #1084
TMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab 5 View Post
Well, it is a weird organization. And I think they are very much on their guards with regard to potential infiltrators ;-). When you go to their meetings you have to tell exactly who you, why you are there and where you are from. I am sure new and unknown participants are googled right after the meeting ;-)

It is a very elitist and manipulative grouping and I am convinced that they, although they claim to do, don’t at all represent all people of Christianshavn. Hopefully we will see a new composition when the council is changed from what is more a grass roots movement to a formal "lokaludvalg".

I cannot really see through what their focus is - perhaps "preserving status quo with a historical twist". Hmm. I don't know. On the other hand they hate grandiose plans like Realdanias turning the old ramparts into how they were at the time of absolute monarchy. So they don't really want the way things used to be. Perhaps they just want Christianshavn to be left alone not taking any responsibility towards the overall development of Copenhagen. However, that is just so premature, I think. They are extremely self-satisfied.

Chritianshavns Lokalråd is also responsible for the whole area of Holmen being so boring and dead. Their "bus gate" campaign has effectively stopped outsiders from driving to Holmen and making that part of town shine. One can always discuss traffic and environmental issues, I admit, however, I still think it is a really sad story. It is far from what I regard as legitimate democracy.
FAB 5 - I agree 100 % with you - welcome to the forum. I have participated in various meetings where I have expericend them and other "interestgroups". I can only incourage you and other to join spARK or participate in the debate where it is possible to show that there are residens in Copenhagen who wants new and daring architecture.

For further information and pictures regarding projects in Copenhagen - visit my homepage about construction in Copenhagen - http://www.kifora.dk
Old January 18th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #1085
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2973

Ritt Bjerregård and Klaus Bondam want a highrise on top of Nørreport Station sine the station is currently an air pollution hazard and action therefore gas to be taken anyhow. They talk about 8-10 floors so not really a highrise but good thinking all the same.

There also seem to be plans to build something (shoppuing center etc) at the fringe of Ørsted Parken bordering Israels Plads. Alternatovely Ørsted Parken may be expanded putting the shopping center underground.

http://politiken.dk/kultur/article459595.ece
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #1086
EDK_DK

Likes (Received): 12

Scanport

The new website for "Scanport" Kastrup havn:
http://www.scanport.dk/index.html

The area: (Located right next to Copenhagen Airport and the Øresund bridge)
http://www.scanport.dk/download_pic/...rsigt_foto.jpg

Video:
http://www.scanport.dk/video.html

It says that 4-6 office buildings with ~11 floors (48m)could be ready in 2009 - 2010. Looks good. And the location is amazing....

Quote:
Scanports erhvervsbyggeri opføres syd for Bryggergården, der omdannes til boliger, samt på halvøen. Bebyggelsen opføres som fire trekantede ’øer’, der hver især varierer i højden og har forskelligt udtryk,
men fælles arkitektonisk afsæt i et skulpturelt, klart og moderne formsprog. Bebyggelsen vokser sig højere ud mod vandet, med kulmination på halvøen, og der bygges op til 48 m i højden.
Den markante skyline er bl.a. inspireret af Melbournes skyline. Masterplanen for Scanport er tegnet af schmidt hammer lassen.

Last edited by EDK_DK; January 18th, 2008 at 12:25 PM.
EDK_DK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #1087
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
Ritt Bjerregård and Klaus Bondam want a highrise on top of Nørreport Station sine the station is currently an air pollution hazard and action therefore gas to be taken anyhow. They talk about 8-10 floors so not really a highrise but good thinking all the same.

There also seem to be plans to build something (shoppuing center etc) at the fringe of Ørsted Parken bordering Israels Plads. Alternatovely Ørsted Parken may be expanded putting the shopping center underground.

http://politiken.dk/kultur/article459595.ece
They should really, as they also talk about, work for a plan for the entire area, incuding that wonderful new version of Nørreport station that DSB wants to build (man that was so nice compared to now) and a renovation of Købmagergade. The area is so bussy that they really should try and do it all at once,...
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #1088
acebone

Likes (Received): 116

Købmagergade and the two squares Hauser Plads and Kultorvet are planned to be renovated. There are 12 teams invited in order to create a plan for the area. On the 22nd of February the teams will hand in their proposals which will be very interesting to see. The area really needs this turn over.

http://www.vejpark.kk.dk/upload/vejp...hk_program.pdf
acebone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 01:20 PM   #1089
TMG

EDK DK, thanks for the information about Scanport. Looks very interesting.

As far as I can recall, the project was launced back in 2002, then were inactive for long time and than relaunced in 2006. I guess they relaunce it now doe to the fact that there are demand for modern office facilities in Copenhagen and to compete with Ørestad City. Also notice that Skanska is only active in Copenhagen since they decided not to develop new projects in the rest of Denmark.

Old January 18th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #1090
cphdude
Timelord victorious

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebone View Post
Købmagergade and the two squares Hauser Plads and Kultorvet are planned to be renovated. There are 12 teams invited in order to create a plan for the area. On the 22nd of February the teams will hand in their proposals which will be very interesting to see. The area really needs this turn over.

http://www.vejpark.kk.dk/upload/vejp...hk_program.pdf
Yes, but theplans DSB made, polled the whole area together and also involved plans for købmagergade. If you dont do them together you risk that they will end up completely different and ugly looking, and not looking like a complete area of open space...
cphdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #1091
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDK_DK View Post
]It says that 4-6 office buildings with ~11 floors (48m)could be ready in 2009 - 2010. Looks good. And the location is amazing....
Where does it say 2009-2010? This project has been running forever and Skanska is currently focused on Havneholmen.
Old January 18th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #1092
EDK_DK

Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Where does it say 2009-2010? This project has been running forever and Skanska is currently focused on Havneholmen.
Hold the cursor over the flash image on the frontpage - a popup will appear
Block A 2009
Block B 2009
Block C 2010
Block D 2010
EDK_DK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #1093
Blue Viking

Quote:

Very well written Fab5! I completely agree. I have highlighted some the parts I especially agree on.

I'll repeat again, I just cannot understand why these old, unelected and politically completely immobile people should have so much to say. But it also says a lot about the lack of courage among our elected politicians.

I know for a fact that about half the council actually favoured a pedestrian and bicycle bridge to Nyhavn, but because the oldest and loudest half of the council didn't want a bridge, that became their official position (the internal democracy is Christiania-style: no votes!). In public the council are now fiercely against the bridge but I think its their damn duty to bring forward both points of view!
Blue Viking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #1094
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDK_DK View Post
Hold the cursor over the flash image on the frontpage - a popup will appear
Block A 2009
Block B 2009
Block C 2010
Block D 2010
I see - thanks.
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:02 AM   #1095
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Viking View Post
Very well written Fab5! I completely agree. I have highlighted some the parts I especially agree on.

I'll repeat again, I just cannot understand why these old, unelected and politically completely immobile people should have so much to say. But it also says a lot about the lack of courage among our elected politicians.

I know for a fact that about half the council actually favoured a pedestrian and bicycle bridge to Nyhavn, but because the oldest and loudest half of the council didn't want a bridge, that became their official position (the internal democracy is Christiania-style: no votes!). In public the council are now fiercely against the bridge but I think its their damn duty to bring forward both points of view!
I agree. There are actually different views inside the group on various issues (Christiania, bus gate, Krøyers Plads, harbor bridge etc.). However, there is a majority, who snout the ones with "incorrect" behavior and views. It is just so sad, because this small group of activists have power.

When I went there I was amazed and quite blown away – I had heard of this group from the spectacle with regard to Egeraat and Krøyers Plads, and I had some high expectations with regard to their composition. Getting so much media and succeeding in influencing the politicians so much and setting the agenda, it seemed to me that these people had to be rather energetic, broad-based and backed, open-minded and dynamic, creative, fast-thinking, communicative, technological (with regard to IT), well-arguing.
However, meeting them in person just shot most of my expectations listened above down: I was actually more frightened and scared, because how on earth was it possible for such an elite and small group of old, self-satisfied, negative people to draw so much attention to their elitist cases? It really got me thinking! Thinking on how democracy really works, suppression of views, policy processes, the media, how to take out a patent on what is the “right” thing to think or say.
Of course I am not the one to tell what is being “well-arguing” or “creative” etc. And they might actually be exactly that. My point is: I was just amazed, because there is a mismatch with regard to how much attention these people get and who and how many they actually represent. As I stated earlier, this is not in my view anyway near democracy.

I like and admire the initiative from spARK; however, it seems to me that they are not that active and agenda setting. I know it is not an easy task, but large parts of the media are behind their cause and will support them positively. They just need to get on working hard!;-)

Last edited by Fab 5; January 19th, 2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old January 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #1096
TMG

Quote:
I like and admire the initiative from spARK; however, it seems to me that they are not that active and agenda setting. I know it is not an easy task, but large parts of the media are behind their cause and will support them positively. They just need to get on working hard!;-)
Agree, FAB 5. I joined spARK for the reasons you mention. At the moment it lacks activity, but hopefully there are initiatives on they way.

Old January 19th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #1097
Fab 5

New district in town: Grønttorvsgrunden

News just in with regard to Grønttorvsgrunden:

http://www.hoffmannejendomme.dk/nyhedsbreve/

Looks interesting - nice list of architects
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #1098
Fab 5

Tour of CPH development

I will be uploading some pictures from my recent tour (Sunday) around town in a short time - be aware though: The weather was crappy and I do not have a good camera; some of the pictures are therefore in bad quality! I apologize for this.

However, I still hope the following will give you all a thorough and recent update on some of the major projects in CPH. Though crappy it is still possible to get an impression from the pictures on progression and so forth.

Here goes.

/Fab 5
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #1099
Fab 5

Scanport (update)

With regard to our recent discussion on the board, well, not much seem to be happening at Scanport. Skanska continues to renovate Kastrup Værk, however, the rest of the project is not anywhere near going UC. Not any ongoing preparations or machines etc. are visible. It is still just an empty field (as it has been for years). If large parts of this project should be ready by 09, well, they need to get going!

Old January 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM   #1100
Fab 5

Ferring (update)

As previously posted preps for construction has now begun at Ferring:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
cph, development, kopenhagen, københavn, skyscraper

Rate This Thread