POLAND - Stadium and Arena Development News - Page 9 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #161
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Likes (Received): 317

No, no thats one of many designs aparantly proposed for the complex.

Wait till November...

Old October 4th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #162
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

are the architects of those stadiums the same as Allianz Arena?

Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM   #163
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci View Post

Stop comparing every "rounded stadium" to Allianz.
btw
1. Not actual
2. Little similar but it has original gold elevation and it's better than AA for me.
3. Not actual.
Sponsor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #164
michał_

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuvvaci View Post
No Kuuvaci.
1. Stefan Kurylowicz, one of very few names in Polish stadium architecture
2. Rhode+Kellermann+Wawrowsky (Germany)
3. Not even a design, a very early stage drawing

Masterpaul- no, it isn't one of many dsigns. It is the only design so far. But it will be used as kind of a masterplan for the company that will be chosen to design the stadium.
And as for the "mobile pitch" - I have no idea, because in the renderings- there is no space for the pitch to slide outside.

Twitch- I don't get your sad sarcasm, but you should be happy that the final design probably will be different than everything we've seen so far.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #165
TwItCH

Likes (Received): 49

I also understand that the ugly tower with three wings is actually a real vision that is part of the project (I was hoping that it's just there to represent a highrise) is that true?
TwItCH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #166
michał_

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwItCH View Post
I also understand that the ugly tower with three wings is actually a real vision that is part of the project (I was hoping that it's just there to represent a highrise) is that true?
Well, since eveyrthing there you describe as ugly and a step in the wrong way- you shouldn't be surprised. But which part of "kind of masterplan" you don't understand? This design is ONLY a proposition that will be set as example for the company chosen to design the complex in November.
Old October 8th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #167
mrk

Likes (Received): 0

i really think most of these designs lack character and it's a must, especially for a club stadium. the only one i genuinly like is lech's. it may look tacky on the outside, but who really cares. inside it's top quality. let's just hope the national stadium isn't a case of much hyping up and then bringing the expectations crashing down.
mrk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #168
michał_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk View Post
i really think most of these designs lack character and it's a must, especially for a club stadium. the only one i genuinly like is lech's. it may look tacky on the outside, but who really cares. inside it's top quality. let's just hope the national stadium isn't a case of much hyping up and then bringing the expectations crashing down.
Just remember that most stadiums haven't got their final designs drawn yet (Chorzow, Warszawa, Wroclaw- this e should know on Oct.20th, Krakow) so really there is little chance we will have it the way presented.

As for Poznan it's funny you should say that because this stadium was all mssed up by the architect and that is why it's iregular and he stands have problem fitting. Also- the darkest nightmare of Poznan has came true today. They aid it depends on the financing from national budget whether they build a 45 or 55k stadium. The amount neededwas 218mln zl. They were just informed the national authorities plan to give them 70mln. That doesn't give them neither the more expensive, nor the smaller version. Or at least that is my understanding of the press releases and Poznan authorities words.

All the cities have heard the bad news- the cost will be subsidied by governmental money only in 1/5. Worst situation will happen in Gdansk because their stadium was announced he most expensive ( up to some 800mln zl) and the city itself cannot handle it.

On the other hand our sports minister and finance minister both said the new national stadium will cost... 3,5bln zl! That's 900mln euros or so! How come? Don't ask me, we'll wait to hear what does this number cover (maybe a seperate airport for the stadium)... Just for the record- this amount would be enough to finish all the remaining 5 stadiums in world's top class...
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #169
mrk

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by michał_ View Post
Just remember that most stadiums haven't got their final designs drawn yet (Chorzow, Warszawa, Wroclaw- this e should know on Oct.20th, Krakow) so really there is little chance we will have it the way presented.

As for Poznan it's funny you should say that because this stadium was all mssed up by the architect and that is why it's iregular and he stands have problem fitting. Also- the darkest nightmare of Poznan has came true today. They aid it depends on the financing from national budget whether they build a 45 or 55k stadium. The amount neededwas 218mln zl. They were just informed the national authorities plan to give them 70mln. That doesn't give them neither the more expensive, nor the smaller version. Or at least that is my understanding of the press releases and Poznan authorities words.

All the cities have heard the bad news- the cost will be subsidied by governmental money only in 1/5. Worst situation will happen in Gdansk because their stadium was announced he most expensive ( up to some 800mln zl) and the city itself cannot handle it.

On the other hand our sports minister and finance minister both said the new national stadium will cost... 3,5bln zl! That's 900mln euros or so! How come? Don't ask me, we'll wait to hear what does this number cover (maybe a seperate airport for the stadium)... Just for the record- this amount would be enough to finish all the remaining 5 stadiums in world's top class...
jaysus, i'd say sod the national stadium if it's going to syphon the funds from other projects. 900m euros for a 55k capacity stadium is a ludicrous amount.
are they going to put leather seats with tv screens in them or something?

as for my comment on lech's interior, what i meant by top quality was that it looks unique(like westfalenstadion or anfield) and i can see it help create good atmosphere. there are lots of stadiums in the world with lavish fittings, but they still look bland and corporate(emirates, wembley etc.), so i welcome each one that goes away from such concepts.
mrk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:16 PM   #170
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by michał_ View Post

enough to pay for all new and upgraded stadia for 2010
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #171
blix

Likes (Received): 7

:>
blix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 12:35 PM   #172
Irish Blood English Heart
Letting off the happiness

Likes (Received): 381

I really like this sort of basketball arena
Irish Blood English Heart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2007, 06:23 PM   #173
DJRexxx

Likes (Received): 6

WROCŁAW

Fotos by : nitrograd

DJRexxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #174
cianobuckley

Likes (Received): 17

Although the infrastructure has been much criticised the stadia for Euro 2012 will be a huge improvement (size wise) on 2008
cianobuckley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #175
El Vampiro Ucraniano
Proud Ukrainian

Likes (Received): 595

I love new Wroclaw stadium , traditional European bowl shape!
Old October 26th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #176
Second City
Loyola University

Likes (Received): 3

I love all of them...really nice.
Old October 27th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #177
Mo Rush

wow thats awesome
Old October 27th, 2007, 04:22 PM   #178
masterpaul
(Nilaul)

Likes (Received): 317

The stadium will glow in different colours (red, white when poland is playing and green when the club team is playing).

The design was inspired by a chineese lamp.
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #179
Mo Rush

it really is amazing..im so happy when architects use their imagination to design a stadium rather than the designs of other existing stadia
Old November 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM   #180
michał_

initial design of Szczecin stadium. Net capacity 30 000, part of a huge commercial complex.

Plus the stadium in Lubin has already one terrace down, the smallest one.

For the record, I just remind everyone it will look like that:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
euro 2012, infrastruktura sportowa, polish stadiums, soccer, stadion, stadiony, stadium