Stadia Designers Cup ★★★★★ Red Bull Bragantino - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Stadium Design

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 13th, 2019, 09:16 AM   #41
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Likes (Received): 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by marseille13 View Post
can we expect an updated site plot with more details of the surroundings (e.g. buildings)?
I will be taking care of those for my own model shortly. If it is alright with @MaTTiC, I would be more than happy to share the massing and background model with everyone else when it is done.

Keep up with my latest projects here
pompeyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2019, 09:36 AM   #42
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Likes (Received): 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyfan View Post
I will be taking care of those for my own model shortly. If it is alright with @MaTTiC, I would be more than happy to share the massing and background model with everyone else when it is done.
I'll be more than grateful if you would share your model. Check your inbox, please.

Signing-up form will remain open until:
31 X 2019, 23:59.59 CET

pompeyfan liked this post
MaTTiC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:53 AM   #43
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

That should be taken care of in a couple of days time.

MaTTiC liked this post
Old August 15th, 2019, 10:57 AM   #44
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Just letting you guys know that work has begun. The satellite imagery was a teeny bit out, but I can correct for that on the fly and it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Old August 17th, 2019, 11:28 AM   #45
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

I was out at an aviation expo today so I didn't get any work done, but so far, the entire eastern side is done, as well as some of the south. I should get the rest done tomorrow, and then it's just lining it up with the terrain and making the models look right.

Armas Lohikeitto liked this post
Old August 18th, 2019, 10:51 AM   #46
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Northwestern quadrant is complete. This one took me a little while as there's a lot of little bits to map out, especially the second from right building. Just the area to the south of this still to do, along with positioning the buildings on the terrain and adding representative trees. Very confident this will be done on Tuesday as all the tricky bits are done now.

This bit of work helped me mentally finalise the form of my main stand, so it's been very beneficial.

Old August 19th, 2019, 06:01 AM   #47
Armas Lohikeitto

Likes (Received): 285

^ That must be a lot of work. Greatly appreciated!

BTW. Does anyone know if the club has some kind of a motto or something?

Armas Lohikeitto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2019, 09:17 AM   #48
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Thanks It should only have taken me a good afternoon, but I've been playing Gojira along with it so I have gotten sidetracked way, way too much.

The good news is that all of the buildings are modelled now - I just need to position them, make the bases line up with the terrain, and add the trees. I'll be done tomorrow.

Old August 20th, 2019, 10:34 AM   #49
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

The file with all the massing models is available for download - https://www.mediafire.com/file/qkt4n...ssing.skp/file

@MaTTiC - if you want to add this to the base, you can add it to the 3d warehouse file.

MaTTiC, Armas Lohikeitto, Mr_Carùzo liked this post
Old August 21st, 2019, 02:39 PM   #50
Armas Lohikeitto

Likes (Received): 285

^ Great job @pompeyfan !

I've pretty much finished my stands, roof and so on. Now it's all about adding and adjusting details, fixing mistakes etc.

Last edited by Armas Lohikeitto; August 22nd, 2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Edit: Decided to remove the render, because it revealed too much :D
Armas Lohikeitto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2019, 11:18 AM   #51
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Since my last update, I have completed the following:

-Installed the trusses that support the lower tier and main stand. These are essentially smaller versions of the upper tier trusses, since I liked them and they fit the theme of the site.
-Modelled the surrounds. Obviously, all of you have seen it - I'm really happy with how it came out and how it looks in my model.
-Modelled the roof. I originally had one design that I was working on that I will share in my diary, but it was unfeasible for it to be in use right the way around the stadium. Maybe I'll recycle the idea for a model one day. I then replaced this design with another, which features a neat little design feature that will make the stadium much greener. Braganca Paulista has faced a pretty serious environmental issue recently - I'm sure that came up in everyone's site research .

Coming up next for me is the remaining roof details (lighting, sound, solar), and carparks. Once those are done, I'll be able to start building up the site terrain and actually have it look like a proper site. It's a bit hard to visualise how it will look in a week or so at the moment - the site is basically the stadium sitting in a hole in the terrain. In a week or so, I expect my stadium will look a whole lot closer to completion.

Old August 25th, 2019, 08:27 AM   #52
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Just a fun little update for today as I didn't want to work on the carpark, so I made a little stage to make use of the wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tube men I modelled.

Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:03 PM   #53
marseille13

Likes (Received): 361

@pompeyfan / @mattic:
I can't open the massing file because it's a SU18 File.
Could it be possible to make a SU17 or SU15 Version of the file?

many thanks

marseille13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 04:05 PM   #54
MaTTiC
mStadia.net

Likes (Received): 487

Finally I'm back home after awhile. I'll upload @pompeyfan's version of the site plot as v2 at Warehouse and there shouldn't be any SU version related issues. Just give me a minute... I literally just crossed the door of my studio... :p

Signing-up form will remain open until:
31 X 2019, 23:59.59 CET

MaTTiC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2019, 11:18 AM   #55
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

@MaTTiC - if you can make one small amendment firstly, I would be very appreciative. On the eastern block of buildings, stadium side, eighth building from the north. I only half lined the building up with the terrain. I forgot to do the back half of the building.

Since my last update I have
-Installed the lights, solar panels and sound system in the roof. I was extremely happy with how it looked all set up.
-Finalised the corner sections, with two roof support pillars cutting into a few rows of seats. Capacity is barely changed though, as I was able to add more seats to the rear of the eastern stand as a result.
-Modelled a stage, that I have worked on a lot more since I last posted it. It now has a lighting rig, curtain and actually fits underneath the roof of the stadium!
-Modelled the underground parking lots. There is two storeys of parking, with VIP and buses situated on the upper deck, and the general parking located on the lower deck.
-Installed the ticket gates. There are 56 ticket machines across 5 ticket gates, with three situated at the northern end and 2 situated at the southern end. VIP and wheelchair ticket holders are also able to access the stadium through the elevators and stairs at the parking lots.
-Installed the railings around the wheelchair platforms and vomitories.
-Modelled the terrain. This is pretty simple terrain as it will change slightly when vegetation is installed. The important bit is the stadium is no longer just a pit, so it's starting to look much better.

In terms of the deadline, I am giving myself 2 weeks for presentation and post-processing and 4 weeks for texturing and rendering. I'm pretty sure that it will take me about half that, but it's best to build in some redundancy to the deadlines. That means I will be aiming to finish modelling at the end of this month. Should be a breeze, really.

The next things to work on are the elevator shafts, stadium flags, main stand rooms (TV boxes, control room, TV platform, those sort of things) and finishing the toilets and concessions structures, as I have still only done the ones at either end.

Old September 7th, 2019, 10:14 AM   #56
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Just a fun little image today. I've started adding vegetation to the site and this is one corner of the site. At least it's come out pretty well and I'm happy with it. After the week I've had, I needed that.

Old September 13th, 2019, 11:02 AM   #57
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

Since my last update, I have been very busy.

-Installed the stadium flags on the roof. Pretty self explanatory.
-Built the camera platform and TV studio. I would end up relocating these down a little bit later on, but they're all modelled.
-Redesigned the nets behind the goals. I had wheelchair spaces sat near ground level, so I decided to extend the nets further towards the corner flags.
-Installed the toilets and concessions stands on the remaining two stands.
-Installed trees along the roads connecting to the carparks.
-Installed the baluster at the front of the stands.
-Installed all of the vegetation on the site. There are a lot of trees, palms, shrubs and flowers, like in the image above.
-Revised the seating pattern on the eastern stand, giving it a more permanent design.
-Installed a small entry sign at the northern end of the site.
-Finalised the form of the trusses. They fit right in on the site now.
-Modelled and installed small videoboards, to display aisle numbers. I was too lazy to do my usual aisle numbering system.
-Installed the tunnel. It's just a generic stadium tunnel.
-Finalised the form of the main stand. There's now a place for me to add the stadium name and some relevant graphics, following on from the idea I had a few weeks back.
-Installed the elevated wheelchair platforms along the main stand.
-Completed the crowd model. This was done in the same way as I normally do it.

From here, I need to finish the fencing around the site, complete the walls and add lighting around the concourses. I then need to actually model what exists for phase 2 - but it's largely the same barring a few small things I need to model. From there, I don't think there's much left to do before I texture it and prepare for rendering.

MaTTiC liked this post
Old September 21st, 2019, 09:55 AM   #58
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

So this will probably be my last progress update from the modelling phase. I'm nearly done! Since the last update I have

-Installed the fencing and lighting around the ticket gates. This follows on from the design of the trusses to create a more holistic venue.
-Modelled a four-court setup suitable for basketball, volleyball and tennis. I had a heap of fun working on this.
-Modelled an MMA setup, given the relative popularity of MMA in Brazil.
-Installed the walls and lighting along the main stand.
-Imported the stage setup. The tubemen are still there!
-Installed the airconditioning vents to the roof.
-Installed (some of) the lighting to the remaining concourse areas. I think it's a pretty nifty little solution.
-Modelled the crowds for the stage setup and the concourses. This is the first time I've done crowds for the concourses, but it should help make the site seem alive.
-Made and installed the texture for the concourse structures. It's a composite image from the palm trees outside my front door. I could have done a better job on it, but the main part is to make it stand out and it does that.
-Started texturing some of the smaller parts, such as balustrades.
-Installed the elevator shafts.
-Modelled what I needed to model for phase 2 of the design.

From here, I basically just have to install the flags in the supporters area, a couple of more crowd models, fencing on the concourses, stairs, some more lighting and then it's on to texturing. I expect to be completely done by the end of the week, and then I will start my test renders, fixing up what I missed, and then the real renderings. Since I have been really lazy in posting pictures, here's a view from the TV studio I made a few weeks back.

Also, I promised a bunch of you I'd post a tutorial on how to add crowds to a scene, so when I do the crowd model for one of the temporary stands tomorrow or so, I will make the tutorial and share it.

Christchurch liked this post
Old September 22nd, 2019, 04:57 AM   #59
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

https://pompey2j.blogspot.com/2019/0...enes-with.html

Finally, the long-awaited tutorial is available - how to add crowds to a scene.

MaTTiC, Armas Lohikeitto liked this post
Old September 25th, 2019, 10:25 AM   #60
pompeyfan
PompeY2J

As Professor Farnsworth will eventually say once he's born, "Good News Everyone!".

I have officially wrapped up the modelling phase. From here on out, it's just texturing and rendering. Coming up next for me is the presentation plan, render plan and then getting into it.

Here's a bonus picture of my stairs with advertising on the sides of them. Pretty nifty place to put some of the commercial partners logos, eh?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement