#UC: Brisbane Quarter - 300 George Street - 82st/264m, 42st/182m & 35st/127m / Mixed - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Local Projects & Discussions > Queensland

Queensland » Gold Coast | Regional Queensland

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 12th, 2013, 01:13 AM   #121
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 1250

Anything good they've done previously?
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #122
PeterJackson

Likes (Received): 6975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris View Post
nothing clear but they have 3.3 billion Dollars worth of developments in Taiwan
PeterJackson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:08 AM   #123
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3563

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris View Post
It's hard to tell since most of their work (that I can find) is only in Taiwan and one in Vietnam so the design that they use could be totally different to here. In saying that their designs don't look amazing....at all. But that's only from a very quick search!

One of there projects in Vietnam.......

Advertisement

Old March 12th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #124
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 1408

Judging by their video it looks like they create very "efficient" designs...

SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #125
Leesome

Likes (Received): 2593

Sweet, so we can expect admiralty towers mach 2?

On a side note does that video remind anyone else of...

?
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #126
CantStopProgress
The big city

Likes (Received): 1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post

oriental inspired but still pretty interesting. i dig this style. least its not all boxes with flat blank exposed concrete
CantStopProgress no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #127
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 1250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
It's hard to tell since most of their work (that I can find) is only in Taiwan and one in Vietnam so the design that they use could be totally different to here. In saying that their designs don't look amazing....at all. But that's only from a very quick search!

Wow, that stuff is pretty atrocious. As you said though, it fits with what they have over there and there is obviously less architectural expectation.
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #128
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 12409

They've been designed with a certain location in mind. If they have indeed gotten the Courthouse site, I'd say that they'd probably work with local (or truly international) architects on the site.

Just wish we'd get some solid info on what's happening here.
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #129
gerryt1

Likes (Received): 1143

I personally could easily live with something like the pics above. I like that style and the little boxes on the roof and I think it would fit in quite nicely in that location.

Of course, it's correct that it will probably be something more fitting with Brisbane. I just hope that doesn't mean fitting in with the likes of Devine inspired architecture or other previous boxes.
gerryt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #130
OUTOFNOWHERE

Likes (Received): 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryt1 View Post
I personally could easily live with something like the pics above. I like that style and the little boxes on the roof and I think it would fit in quite nicely in that location.

Of course, it's correct that it will probably be something more fitting with Brisbane. I just hope that doesn't mean fitting in with the likes of Devine inspired architecture or other previous boxes.
You have got to be kidding?? Those buildings look like absolute rubbish and if anything like that was built on the OSC site it would be the greatest eyesore along that side of the Brisbane CBD!
OUTOFNOWHERE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #131
PeterJackson

Likes (Received): 6975

[QUOTE=Eastern37;101145683]It's hard to tell since most of their work (that I can find) is only in Taiwan and one in Vietnam so the design that they use could be totally different to here. In saying that their designs don't look amazing....at all. But that's only from a very quick search!

[/QUOTE

rubbish rubbish rubbish dont build this rubbish

i need something like that

BTW the photo for Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi,the architect is the Gold Coast's DBI,Similar to Soul
PeterJackson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #132
gerryt1

Likes (Received): 1143

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTOFNOWHERE View Post
You have got to be kidding?? Those buildings look like absolute rubbish and if anything like that was built on the OSC site it would be the greatest eyesore along that side of the Brisbane CBD!
No I'm not f....kidding. I like ém, you don't. End of story.

PeterJackson liked this post
gerryt1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 04:25 AM   #133
finn

Likes (Received): 2737

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTOFNOWHERE View Post
Yes I agree. Post-modernism is so out of fashion it's ridiculous.
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #134
opinions are my own

Likes (Received): 368

on a related note, i drove past hamilton today and shayer have started construction on their project at northshore.

does anyone know who is building it??
38921111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #135
DQ

Likes (Received): 357

Which development would that be?
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #136
opinions are my own

it's at the roundabout next to portside wharf.. i think it is mostly low-rise stuff so perhaps not so interesting for this forum on it's own. in the context of the supreme court site however, it's our first glimpse at what shayer might be like as a developer.

DQ liked this post
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #137
Marty_

Likes (Received): 276

Is it a waterfront site or adjacent to the park? All I can find is that it's on Remora Rd. Didn't even know that they had any interests out that way.

According to the ULDA they had a very creative and impressive design... Hmmm... Hoping...
Marty_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #138
finn

Likes (Received): 2737

Here's an article with some more info from December 2011:

HAMILTON HITS A HIGH SPOT

The Shayher Group has swooped on a major mixed-use development site in the urban renewal precinct of Northshore Hamilton.

The company, which has been active in retail assets in southeast Queensland, was the successful bidder for the purchase of the Urban Land Development Authority's 1.07ha Remora Rd site.

Jones Lang LaSalle's Seb Turnbull negotiated the $12 million deal which is due to settle in late January.

The Northshore Hamilton development is the Shayher Group's first major construction project in Queensland.

The private company has proposed to build seven buildings ranging from five to 12 levels over a shared basement.

The land is configured into three sites with a sub-precinct plan approval for 19,535sq m of residential, 4070sq m of commercial and 1140sq m of retail.

The proposal includes about 300 dwellings, contemporary architectural design, green walls and community gardens.

Mr Turnbull said interest in the ULDA's Remora Rd site was strong, with eight expressions of interest submissions received.

"A key attraction was the opportunity to create a landmark entry statement at the gateway to the greater Northshore precinct," he said.

Matt Leyshon, director of urban development at the ULDA, said: "The Shayher Group submitted a strong bid including a simple deal structure and a creative and exciting design proposal which will add to the diversity of housing and the urban amenity at Northshore.

"Development by The Shayher Group will complement the activity already under way at Hamilton."

The ULDA will be providing up to $3 million into a shared equity scheme to enable people who may not otherwise be able to access this market to buy into Northshore Hamilton.

"Northshore Hamilton is the most significant waterfront redevelopment in Brisbane since Expo 88 and South Bank," Mr Leyshon said.

Source: Courier Mail
finn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #139
opinions are my own

nah, not near the water marty. just to the right of this place marker, bounded by macarthur ave to the south and remora rd to the west.

http://goo.gl/maps/9Zwwx
Old May 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #140
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 5113

Wow:

Five-star hotel part of mixed-used precinct to replace courts

An artist's impression of what the logo for a new five-star hotel in Brisbane could look like.

Some of Queensland's most notorious citizens have contemplated their fate looking out at the view it offered.

Now, international tourists will have the same opportunity.

The former Brisbane Supreme and District Courts site has been sold to the Shayher Group, part of the Taiwan-based conglomerate Par Jar Group, in a deal which will see the largest single CBD development to date built on George Street.

The 7892 square metre block is to become a mixed-use precinct that will include a five-star hotel.
Advertisement

The design is yet to be finalised and its ultimate height is still unknown, but as a minimum requirement of the sale, Shayher Group will also be required to build a 65,000 square metre residential, serviced apartment tower, as well as a commercial office tower of about 45,000 square metres.

Public works minister Tim Mander announced the government had finalised the $63 million sale on Monday night.

"The site backs on to the Brisbane River and is close to the government precinct and council building – it is very rare that a site of this size becomes available for development. It is also close to South Bank and the Cultural Precinct including the Performing Arts Centre and Art Galleries," Mr Mander said.

"Shayher Group would commence early site works as soon as possible, giving the construction industry a much needed boost – both in job creation and investment stimulus.

"When considered with the construction of 1 William Street, the redevelopment will add further stimulus to the construction industry in the South East corner."

Tourism minister Jann Stuckey said the hotel would go some way to addressing Brisbane's hotel room shortage, estimated to cost the local economy $136 million and 87,000 visitors a year.

"Creating new hotel-style accommodation will be an important part of reversing that trend, with this project set to add 190 new rooms in a five-star hotel building," she said.

The state government has set a target of $30 billion in overnight visitor expenditure by 2020. Ms Stuckey said developments such as this would help the government achieve its goal.

The former court house, which was built in the late 1970s to replace the original 1800s building which was destroyed by fire in 1968, was placed on the market by the Bligh government after the construction of the Queen Elizabeth II court house site last year.

At the time, the money had been earmarked for the now-abandoned Cairns entertainment precinct proposal.

Expressions of interest closed in August last year. Shayher Group, which partnered on the Northshore development in Brisbane, is understood to have beaten Charter Hall Group and Mirvac Group with its tender.
Advertisement

Tags
adelaide, brisbane, redevelopment