Entrepreneuriat - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Economic and Business

Economic and Business Discussion for the Republic of the Congo

Old January 10th, 2016, 06:13 AM   #321
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5959

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyuman81 View Post
To produce great leader isn't hard.The hardest thing is to produce people who are ready to follow the leader to the bitter end.To be a great leader is a very risky business(or may I say it was..)coz you are standing against huge interests,specially in the context of countries with huge natural resources like Drc.You cant ask a leader to put her/his life on the balance when aint ready to jeopardise yours.It doesn't work that way!A small country like German produced great leaders like Hitler,Kaiser,etc.....and was able to sustain 2 massives wars against the whole Europe coz german people are ready to sacrifice their lives for their leaders and for their country.The same goes for arabs;whenever a nationalist arab leader emerges,millions of arabs are ready to follow him until death.But Africans don't have these dispositions!They want to enjoy the good things of life as much as possible!
As one of my famous kinsman ,Marien Ngouabi,who experienced at the expense of his life that African mentality,once said to one of my great uncle:Congolese shoot "la revolution,la revolution...........la revolution".You stand up,grab your rifle,make two steps forwards,turn back......and everybody has disappeared.......
Im sorry but your statement is wrong from start to end.....I have the impression that you're speaking based on your limitted knowldge of the DRC and Africa as a whole....Kinshasa is just 15% of Congo.

First thing is; I have no idea why you call Germany a small country....80% sounds small?
Germany was able to sustain the 2 great World wars because it was the most industrialized/tech and richest European country country, it has the largest manpower only second to Russian empire.
Its 1 Ethnic, 1 language, 1 religion. i do not know if this has any meaning to you.

2. Germans did not fight to the bitter end, they surrendered by the millions to the allied forces. that us not bitter end support....Huamns have a limit my firned.

Arabs are as weak, they had their time when they ruled speading Islam. that time is long gone...Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians did not fight the tiny Israel to the bitter end they actually got bitten up by that little country.

There are many Africans tha did fight bravely. from Zulus, to the Angolans, the Kenyan Kikuyu ethnic did fight British till they got their freedom,, Mozambicans did fight against Portuguese etc.....In DRC we see BDK who followed Muanda Nsemi to their deaths, BaLuba of Kasai see Tshisekedi as their God, many have died following him..BaLuba of Katanga see Kyungu as their DemiGod and actually these people fear no death....Many Katanga, Kivutien up in Haut Zaire died defending the country as MaiMai fighters against the Western Financed war of agression.

So, im not sure where you git the information that Africans cannot support their leaders to death ir bitter end.

In Every socity in the world has people who are not scared to die for a cause, most people just want to enjoy a speacefull life. That is human nature.

Again, the large country that is Tanzania followed the leader when he asked and imposed them to all speak Swahili...You're looking at a cohessive country.....Speaking 1 language is extremelly important for the development of a country
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2016, 08:26 PM   #322
kuyuman81

Likes (Received): 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTEMBO21 View Post
Im sorry but your statement is wrong from start to end.....I have the impression that you're speaking based on your limitted knowldge of the DRC and Africa as a whole....Kinshasa is just 15% of Congo.

First thing is; I have no idea why you call Germany a small country....80% sounds small?
Germany was able to sustain the 2 great World wars because it was the most industrialized/tech and richest European country country, it has the largest manpower only second to Russian empire.
Its 1 Ethnic, 1 language, 1 religion. i do not know if this has any meaning to you.

2. Germans did not fight to the bitter end, they surrendered by the millions to the allied forces. that us not bitter end support....Huamns have a limit my firned.

Arabs are as weak, they had their time when they ruled speading Islam. that time is long gone...Egyptians, Jordanians, Syrians did not fight the tiny Israel to the bitter end they actually got bitten up by that little country.

There are many Africans tha did fight bravely. from Zulus, to the Angolans, the Kenyan Kikuyu ethnic did fight British till they got their freedom,, Mozambicans did fight against Portuguese etc.....In DRC we see BDK who followed Muanda Nsemi to their deaths, BaLuba of Kasai see Tshisekedi as their God, many have died following him..BaLuba of Katanga see Kyungu as their DemiGod and actually these people fear no death....Many Katanga, Kivutien up in Haut Zaire died defending the country as MaiMai fighters against the Western Financed war of agression.

So, im not sure where you git the information that Africans cannot support their leaders to death ir bitter end.

In Every socity in the world has people who are not scared to die for a cause, most people just want to enjoy a speacefull life. That is human nature.

Again, the large country that is Tanzania followed the leader when he asked and imposed them to all speak Swahili...You're looking at a cohessive country.....Speaking 1 language is extremelly important for the development of a country

Considering you previous posts,I am surprised you disagree with what I said.Werent you the one who said that africans are disorganised and desunited ,and a counry like vietnam that fought wars against usa and france is the modele country?Anyway.......
Let me answer you criticisms:
1#Germany is actually a very small country:Germany is almost the same size as congo-brazzaville!
France and Italy are almost twice as big as germany with the same number of people.And iron and coal put aside,there arent that much natural ressouces in germany.And one of the main reason germans went to war was to increase what they called the "leben space",the vital space necessary to sustain the german race.That is to say that germany never had the critical masses to fight a prolonged war.
2#At the beginning of the second war,france ,england and germany were at the level of industrialisation and the french army was recognised as the most powerful army in western europe.The only difference with these countries was that germasn incested a lot to modernise their army.Being aware that germany couldnt sustain a long war,germans have to come with a new war paradigm that would tip the oods in their favor.That is why they came up with the blitz krieg concept which require fast tanks and very mecanised infantry.
3#The first world war ended up in a tie coz the allies failed to break germans defences.But Hindenburg,the german chancellor,decided to end the war coz of the terrible conditions in germany.And in batttles like stalingrad ,etc...it is the leadership that surrendered not the common soldier.
4#Arabs may be cowards,bu they have developped a doctrine(islam) that they can use to make people courageous.France has been playing with africa for the longest,but not a single african has ever struck france at its heart as arabs are doing right now.It takes a lot of [email protected] to do what they did in france.
5=the examples of zulus,kikuyus(mau mau),mayi-mayi.mbundia kongo..only vindicate the argument I made that tribalism exists coz of ideological vacum at the national level.At tribal level,there are ready-made ideologies and processes that can be leveraged to organise and mobilise people as proven with the example of zulus ,kikuyus,kongo,mayi-mayi.The challenge is to harness them ideologies and processses and make them national ideologies and processes for the common good
kuyuman81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 08:52 PM   #323
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
Considering you previous posts,I am surprised you disagree with what I said.Werent you the one who said that africans are disorganised and desunited ,and a counry like vietnam that fought wars against usa and france is the modele country?Anyway.......
Let me answer you criticisms:
1#Germany is actually a very small country:Germany is almost the same size as congo-brazzaville!
France and Italy are almost twice as big as germany with the same number of people.And iron and coal put aside,there arent that much natural ressouces in germany.And one of the main reason germans went to war was to increase what they called the "leben space",the vital space necessary to sustain the german race.That is to say that germany never had the critical masses to fight a prolonged war.
2#At the beginning of the second war,france ,england and germany were at the level of industrialisation and the french army was recognised as the most powerful army in western europe.The only difference with these countries was that germasn incested a lot to modernise their army.Being aware that germany couldnt sustain a long war,germans have to come with a new war paradigm that would tip the oods in their favor.That is why they came up with the blitz krieg concept which require fast tanks and very mecanised infantry.
3#The first world war ended up in a tie coz the allies failed to break germans defences.But Hindenburg,the german chancellor,decided to end the war coz of the terrible conditions in germany.And in batttles like stalingrad ,etc...it is the leadership that surrendered not the common soldier.
4#Arabs may be cowards,bu they have developped a doctrine(islam) that they can use to make people courageous.France has been playing with africa for the longest,but not a single african has ever struck france at its heart as arabs are doing right now.It takes a lot of [email protected] to do what they did in france.
5=the examples of zulus,kikuyus(mau mau),mayi-mayi.mbundia kongo..only vindicate the argument I made that tribalism exists coz of ideological vacum at the national level.At tribal level,there are ready-made ideologies and processes that can be leveraged to organise and mobilise people as proven with the example of zulus ,kikuyus,kongo,mayi-mayi.The challenge is to harness them ideologies and processses and make them national ideologies and processes for the common good

Yes i said Vietname is a an example of an organized country. If they were not organized they would not be able to defeat mighty super power like US and France.
If Africans were well organized like Vietnamese, The West would not be able to influance the type of leaders we get. because they would not be able to interrair in African problems...Africans would not be shipping money to Westen banks instead of building their counties.

You are talking about Land size...I do not look at land, i look at the size of the population......Germany has always had more people than France, than UK, Than Italy.....Germany was more industrialized, Richer than France or UK, Russia only Industialialized, Richer and more Soldiers than UK or Fance that is why it was able to sustain those wars.

You cannot provoke and maintain was if you are not rich, industrialized and enough manpower..

I gave simple examples of why i said Africans are desorganized...they still have very had time cleaning their cities, hospitals, getting one language for the country (Tanzania is a very small % of Africa), , poblem ending hunger, problem building Rail, Highways, reforming their education, problem providing eletcricity to people, problem providing stable electrity, water etc......These re very basic things.

Moreover i said being multi cultural/ethnic country makes everything seem hard and its hard to do reforms which leads to faster development...That is why the Europeans made sure they divide Africa and create mutlu ethnic/cultural countries and Africans have completly failed ot Reogrnize themselves in these countries.

Im not sure why you are mixing everything....Being organized has nothing to do with people sacrificing their lives for a leader or cause..... Land mass have nothing to do with Population size either.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; January 10th, 2016 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2016, 04:19 PM   #324
vfG
Villeurbanne

Likes (Received): 2119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umoja View Post
Avec la déchéance de la nationalité pour les binationaux nés français constitutionalisée, avec aussi Marine Lepen aux portes du pouvoir, je ne donne pas cher de ta nationalité française...............................................
Je suis au courant concernant Marine le Pen merci Et je n'ai pas de double nationalité ...

Mon but n'est pas de rester en France. Ceci étant dit, il est très compliqué pour les afro-descendants comme moi de trouver leur place dans le Projet Africain car d'une part on n'est pas forcément écoutés par rapport aux expatriés d'origine européenne pour certaines raisons liées à l'histoire (il en va de même en Europe par ailleurs), d'autre part nous avons (selon moi) un certain devoir de réserve du fait de notre héritage occidental qui peut influencer en bien ou en mal notre regard et donc nos actions en Afrique. De ce fait, même si je me permet d'exprimer mon avis sur des sujets politiques ou de société, je me doit de respecter en définitive vos choix et de me plier à vos règles si jamais je dois entreprendre quelque choses en Afrique. Chose que 99% des occidentaux ne font pas.

Comme on dit, j'ai le cul entre deux chaises...

Sinon voici Victor Agbegnenou qui a inventé le PWCS, un système de communication sans fil presque aussi rapide que la fibre. Malgré le fait qu'il ait déposé son brevet en 2000, sa technologie en avance sur son temps ne semble se déployer qu'en 2015, alors même que son brevet est en passe de tomber dans le domaine public... Il intéressant d'apprendre que ce vétérinaire de formation n'a pas eu peur de s'essayer à d'autres domaines, chapeau bas ! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlcHwrBKdM

RhôneAlps
>emerging skyline<
ONLYLYON

-----------------------------------------------
LUANDA
>emerging world<
AngolAfrica
vfG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 08:15 PM   #325
Umoja

Likes (Received): 7188

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfG View Post
Je suis au courant concernant Marine le Pen merci Et je n'ai pas de double nationalité ...

Mon but n'est pas de rester en France. Ceci étant dit, il est très compliqué pour les afro-descendants comme moi de trouver leur place dans le Projet Africain car d'une part on n'est pas forcément écoutés par rapport aux expatriés d'origine européenne pour certaines raisons liées à l'histoire (il en va de même en Europe par ailleurs), d'autre part nous avons (selon moi) un certain devoir de réserve du fait de notre héritage occidental qui peut influencer en bien ou en mal notre regard et donc nos actions en Afrique. De ce fait, même si je me permet d'exprimer mon avis sur des sujets politiques ou de société, je me doit de respecter en définitive vos choix et de me plier à vos règles si jamais je dois entreprendre quelque choses en Afrique. Chose que 99% des occidentaux ne font pas.

Comme on dit, j'ai le cul entre deux chaises...

Sinon voici Victor Agbegnenou qui a inventé le PWCS, un système de communication sans fil presque aussi rapide que la fibre. Malgré le fait qu'il ait déposé son brevet en 2000, sa technologie en avance sur son temps ne semble se déployer qu'en 2015, alors même que son brevet est en passe de tomber dans le domaine public... Il intéressant d'apprendre que ce vétérinaire de formation n'a pas eu peur de s'essayer à d'autres domaines, chapeau bas ! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXlcHwrBKdM
vfG , merci pour le lien youtube. Je ne connaissais pas ce monsieur Victor AGBEGBENOU, en tout cas ça m'a fait plaisir de voir ces vidéos.....
Umoja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2016, 09:37 PM   #326
kuyuman81

Quote:
Yes i said Vietname is a an example of an organized country. If they were not organized they would not be able to defeat mighty super power like US and France.
If Africans were well organized like Vietnamese, The West would not be able to influance the type of leaders we get. because they would not be able to interrair in African problems...Africans would not be shipping money to Westen banks instead of building their counties.

You are talking about Land size...I do not look at land, i look at the size of the population......Germany has always had more people than France, than UK, Than Italy.....Germany was more industrialized, Richer than France or UK, Russia only Industialialized, Richer and more Soldiers than UK or Fance that is why it was able to sustain those wars.

You cannot provoke and maintain was if you are not rich, industrialized and enough manpower..

I gave simple examples of why i said Africans are desorganized...they still have very had time cleaning their cities, hospitals, getting one language for the country (Tanzania is a very small % of Africa), , poblem ending hunger, problem building Rail, Highways, reforming their education, problem providing eletcricity to people, problem providing stable electrity, water etc......These re very basic things.

Moreover i said being multi cultural/ethnic country makes everything seem hard and its hard to do reforms which leads to faster development...That is why the Europeans made sure they divide Africa and create mutlu ethnic/cultural countries and Africans have completly failed ot Reogrnize themselves in these countries.

Im not sure why you are mixing everything....Being organized has nothing to do with people sacrificing their lives for a leader or cause..... Land mass have nothing to do with Population size either.
No matter how industrialised Germany was,there was not that much difference between her and france or England,and the combined capacities of these later countries were ways above Germany level of industrialisation.Germans attacked france coz they wanted to take back the territories they were constrained to give up to france as reparations for the damages of the first world war.And germans never declared war to England.it is England that declared war to Germany coz English and frenchs have always been jealous of Germany might and they have always taken any opportunity to curtain german influence.
As I already stated,germany never planned for a war of attrition:They planned for a bltz krieg.a quick and decisive war as in the French campaign.The Germany strategists knew from the start that Germany didn't have the capacity to sustain a war on multiple fronts over a long period of time.That is why all german generals were against the Russian campaign.
The german experience shows that resolute folks make resolute leaders,There is no way you gonna get great leaders if the populace isn't decided to do whatever it takes to support dem leaders.Lets start by being ourselves resolute for the common good ,great leaders will follow.
Old January 15th, 2016, 01:22 AM   #327
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
No matter how industrialised Germany was,there was not that much difference between her and france or England,and the combined capacities of these later countries were ways above Germany level of industrialisation.Germans attacked france coz they wanted to take back the territories they were constrained to give up to france as reparations for the damages of the first world war.And germans never declared war to England.it is England that declared war to Germany coz English and frenchs have always been jealous of Germany might and they have always taken any opportunity to curtain german influence.
As I already stated,germany never planned for a war of attrition:They planned for a bltz krieg.a quick and decisive war as in the French campaign.The Germany strategists knew from the start that Germany didn't have the capacity to sustain a war on multiple fronts over a long period of time.That is why all german generals were against the Russian campaign.
The german experience shows that resolute folks make resolute leaders,There is no way you gonna get great leaders if the populace isn't decided to do whatever it takes to support dem leaders.Lets start by being ourselves resolute for the common good ,great leaders will follow.
I do not have time to go into details of WW2, but Germany ReOccupied it territory next to France it has lost during WW1 without firing a single shot.
France and UK declared war o n Germany after it had destroyed and occupied Poland..of which France and UK have pledged to defend...The fall opf France was superior German tactics and strategies.

Yes all 3 countries were all industrial, rich and same level of technoly.
Fact is that German economy was bigger, Richer and it industrial capacity was bigger than that of France or UK.
Lets mbnot forget that the US and Soviet industrial mights were the ones that put an end to German might.

As I said several time before...Leaders are the reflection of the people.

In Kivu and Katanga for example, they people put too mnuch pressure on their leaders....they actually sanction their own leaders.

Unlike in places like Kasai, Bandundu, Kin where leaders are Demi Gods or untouchables, you cannot dare to criticize Tshisekedi or Gizenga, the people could cut your head off for doing that....This is a primitive mentality, very outdated....what's needed must be what the leaders have to offer to the people.....I can die for a cause, but im never going to waste my time to even try to die for a leader...NO.

Also, another horrible failure is PONCTUALITY...just make an observation, people that have no trespect for time are not serious and do not excel in lots of things.

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; January 15th, 2016 at 01:50 AM.
Old January 19th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #328
vfG
Villeurbanne

Likes (Received): 2119

Maxwell Chikumbutso, 37, Zimbabwean has never been in high school, but seems to have invented a self charging car ... (and some other interesting stuff )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viGjXV38qvY

It may be too good to be true but an Angolan investor seems to be interested by the project. So wait and see

For info, he failed to patent his invention because according to the jury, it breaks the law of physics ... many inventions like theses failed to patent by the past and many of its inventors died too soon...

RhôneAlps
>emerging skyline<
ONLYLYON

-----------------------------------------------
LUANDA
>emerging world<
AngolAfrica
vfG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2016, 10:36 PM   #329
kuyuman81

Nice idea by Zambians!
Are you an entrepreneur who needs skills to turn your business idea into a full-fledged startup?
Are you an entrepreneur who needs skills to turn your business idea into a full-fledged startup?
Zambia’s BongoHive will next week launch its Discover program, a three week full-time bootcamp, which will provide entrepreneurs with basic skills needed by an upcoming businessperson.
Although applications for the first Discover Program closed at the beginning of the month, the Zambian tech innovation hub, has launched another application to allow willing participants take part in the second edition. The next cohort will run in March 2016 with the details to be finalized in February.
“Discover is open to anyone with any idea as long as the idea can be turned into a scalable business. There is no maximum or minimum number of founders per team however we prefer small teams over individuals as most successful startups have a few founders,” BongoHive said.
The aim of the initiative is to help entrepreneurs to refine and prototype their idea while getting a set of business fundamentals essential to a new enterprise.
The program is designed such that it works on the principle of evidence-based entrepreneurship. Among the skills that the interested candidate will acquire include:
  • Apply the fundamentals of UX (User Experience) to your idea
  • Evolve your idea through interacting with your users
  • Create a compelling unique value proposition
  • Generate financial forecasts and keep track of budget
  • Create and test a prototype of your product/service
  • Learn how to pitch your idea to investors, customers and partners
“This position is open to men and women alike and we are strongly encouraging women to apply. Women are 49.59 per cent of the world’s population so women should launch 49.59 per cent of the startups.”
BongoHive is unveiling another program dubbed Launch. This is also a three-month initiative, strategically focusing on startups that have launched and are looking to gain traction and scale.
“Although most startups in this program have been operating for less than a year, it’s not a firm requirement. We care more about the maturity of the startup and the market traction gained rather than the amount of time in operation,” BongoHive noted.

Zambia Business Entrepreneurs Ideas
Author

Kajuju Murori
Staff Writer

Kajuju Murori is an enthusiastic writer with a bias towards development stories that ignite positive change among individuals in the society.

Fri, Jan 15, 2016
Old January 21st, 2016, 01:27 AM   #330
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

^ Zambia is exactkly the opposite of DRC from infrastructures, to politics, to business environment .

Excpt that I find Zambians too relaxed when it comes to do Commerce/Small and medium businesses.

In DRC you cannot even drive between close large cities like Mbuji-Kananga or Goma Bukavu a very short distance of 130 km and 100 km., takes a week..Let alone between the country's regions, neither by train.

It takes 3 months for cities like Kananga, Mbuji Mayi, Kindu to get Cement and Petroleum products by Train really?? In 21st Century {ohno:

Its even worst in Eastern region Where Goma, Bukavu, Uvira, Beni, Butemboo, Kindu, Kisangani, Bunia trade with one another not even 1 meter of Asphalt between them.

Katanga was so lucky tohave Katumbi to connect it 3 largest cities and the border post....While western part of the country too has had the CG blessings of paved roadsand now the train iass back. (Train is for propaganda purposes tho).

Last edited by BUTEMBO21; January 21st, 2016 at 01:39 AM.
Old January 21st, 2016, 07:12 PM   #331
kuyuman81

Quote:
^ Zambia is exactkly the opposite of DRC from infrastructures, to politics, to business environment .

Excpt that I find Zambians too relaxed when it comes to do Commerce/Small and medium businesses.

In DRC you cannot even drive between close large cities like Mbuji-Kananga or Goma Bukavu a very short distance of 130 km and 100 km., takes a week..Let alone between the country's regions, neither by train.

It takes 3 months for cities like Kananga, Mbuji Mayi, Kindu to get Cement and Petroleum products by Train really?? In 21st Century {ohno:

Its even worst in Eastern region Where Goma, Bukavu, Uvira, Beni, Butemboo, Kindu, Kisangani, Bunia trade with one another not even 1 meter of Asphalt between them.

Katanga was so lucky tohave Katumbi to connect it 3 largest cities and the border post....While western part of the country too has had the CG blessings of paved roadsand now the train iass back. (Train is for propaganda purposes tho).
For people who aren't very enterprising,zambians aren't doing bad according to the report below

Over the next 10 years, Mozambique is expected to be the fastest growing African market for individuals with a net worth of $1 million or more, followed by the Ivory Coast and Zambia, according to a press release on the Africa 2015 Wealth Report.
Africa is the fastest growing market in the world for high net worth individuals, the report says. The report reviewed wealth in Africa, including luxury trends and wealth management trends in each country.
http://afkinsider.com/95755/mozambiq...-millionaires/

Sometimes I ask myself if relying too much on the government doesn't make kill local ingenuity by making people passive and lazy.Come to think of it,romans built networks of 1000s km of very good and solid roads with bridges using basic tools.Why cant we do the same?There is water,sand,soil,etc.....enough engredients to make bricks and use them to make roads.why cant people try to live off the land?Chineses didn't need complex technologies to build the great wall of china.the same goes for ancient Egyptians.I think that sometimes we rely way too much of what whites brought as technology instead of trying to find local solutions to local problems.people cant even stand and make build a 100km road by themselves.they need the state to do that.well,well,well

Umoja liked this post
Old January 21st, 2016, 08:41 PM   #332
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
For people who aren't very enterprising,zambians aren't doing bad according to the report below

Over the next 10 years, Mozambique is expected to be the fastest growing African market for individuals with a net worth of $1 million or more, followed by the Ivory Coast and Zambia, according to a press release on the Africa 2015 Wealth Report.
Africa is the fastest growing market in the world for high net worth individuals, the report says. The report reviewed wealth in Africa, including luxury trends and wealth management trends in each country.
http://afkinsider.com/95755/mozambiq...-millionaires/

Sometimes I ask myself if relying too much on the government doesn't make kill local ingenuity by making people passive and lazy.Come to think of it,romans built networks of 1000s km of very good and solid roads with bridges using basic tools.Why cant we do the same?There is water,sand,soil,etc.....enough engredients to make bricks and use them to make roads.why cant people try to live off the land?Chineses didn't need complex technologies to build the great wall of china.the same goes for ancient Egyptians.I think that sometimes we rely way too much of what whites brought as technology instead of trying to find local solutions to local problems.people cant even stand and make build a 100km road by themselves.they need the state to do that.well,well,well
That is true what you...In certain parts of Congo people find local solutions to local problems....But lets be realistic...We are not living in the Roman era....The US is considered to be the Roman empire of our modern era...so they set the standards.

All the 10 provinces plus Kinshasa produce $100s of millions of dollars, Katanga its actually billions of dollars a year...al that money ends up in Kinshasa and only the Kabila and his cronies know what happens to those billions.

They leave nothing in these provinces....So, how are these provinces going to find adequate solutions to local problems when they are stripped of their of their hard working money?

That is the reason why British colonies in the Americas rebelled against England, because England shipped most of their heard earned money to London living Americans with so litttle.

Let the provinces keep 60% of their wealth and i bet you'll see development pick up.

Rome that you talk about was actually the Roman Central government that built those networks of roads/highways throught the empire..\ to make trade, agriculture, army mobility easier....That is what is done in US, Europe, Japan, South Africa, China, i mean everywhere.

Put Zambians in same situation as Congolese and we'll see how they will fair.

Urban Zambians mostly just want to work in the governmnt civil service and the mining industry. they lett the rest to foreigners....I heard Gabonais too are the same way, so are Botswana pople etc.
Old January 21st, 2016, 09:46 PM   #333
kuyuman81

Quote:
That is true what you...In certain parts of Congo people find local solutions to local problems....But lets be realistic...We are not living in the Roman era....The US is considered to be the Roman empire of our modern era...so they set the standards.

All the 10 provinces plus Kinshasa produce $100s of millions of dollars, Katanga its actually billions of dollars a year...al that money ends up in Kinshasa and only the Kabila and his cronies know what happens to those billions.

They leave nothing in these provinces....So, how are these provinces going to find adequate solutions to local problems when they are stripped of their of their hard working money?

That is the reason why British colonies in the Americas rebelled against England, because England shipped most of their heard earned money to London living Americans with so litttle.

Let the provinces keep 60% of their wealth and i bet you'll see development pick up.

Rome that you talk about was actually the Roman Central government that built those networks of roads/highways throught the empire..\ to make trade, agriculture, army mobility easier....That is what is done in US, Europe, Japan, South Africa, China, i mean everywhere.

Put Zambians in same situation as Congolese and we'll see how they will fair.

Urban Zambians mostly just want to work in the governmnt civil service and the mining industry. they lett the rest to foreigners....I heard Gabonais too are the same way, so are Botswana pople etc.
I am not bashing specific regions or people:I am talking in general!
For sure,excessive centralization is inefficient and breed corruption and nepotism.But,there are things that don't require billions of dollars to be done.If you to some parts of Europe or asia.people are still living the way their ancestors used to live 400 to 500years ago,yet they are living very good lives.For example in sicilia ,in italia,you can see people living in old houses buit using stones.But these houses are very comfortable and cleaner than many houses in popular areas in Africa.People are still using the same processes to produce olive oil,bread,....etc...Why cant we do the same?if you go to many African villages,houses are in muds,,,,when there is everything in hands to produce bricks,heat bricks ,..and make decent houses.In many African villages,to get bread,people wait for every ingredient to come from the city,when there is cassava,yam,etc.. from which you can make bread.Development doesn't mean living in mansions,eating caviar,et.....it means to create a decent living for people using what is readily available.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 02:27 AM   #334
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I am not bashing specific regions or people:I am talking in general!
For sure,excessive centralization is inefficient and breed corruption and nepotism.But,there are things that don't require billions of dollars to be done.If you to some parts of Europe or asia.people are still living the way their ancestors used to live 400 to 500years ago,yet they are living very good lives.For example in sicilia ,in italia,you can see people living in old houses buit using stones.But these houses are very comfortable and cleaner than many houses in popular areas in Africa.People are still using the same processes to produce olive oil,bread,....etc...Why cant we do the same?if you go to many African villages,houses are in muds,,,,when there is everything in hands to produce bricks,heat bricks ,..and make decent houses.In many African villages,to get bread,people wait for every ingredient to come from the city,when there is cassava,yam,etc.. from which you can make bread.Development doesn't mean living in mansions,eating caviar,et.....it means to create a decent living for people using what is readily available.

Not sure what maes you think that Sicilians are special...don't Congoese, Nigerians etc make Palm Oil?
Don't Congolese build houses make from Volcano rocks, Wood, Clay?

Sicilian like the rest of Italy, Europe, Asia, Americans and indeed Africans PAY TAXES to get Paved roads, Hospitals/healthcare, Security, electricity, Plumming etc...

So why should Congolese PAY so much Tax and get zero service from their leaders? makes zero sense.

This wy Americans rebelled against the British Autority. the colonial leaders took most of the money/wealth of the people and shipped it to London.Makes no se

The Mobutu buult an Airport, 1 Road, a Hospital, brought electricity and a water plant in Goma and from there people took care of themselves by building schools, clining, shops, houses etc...and now its the 3rd Congolese city in economic activities only after Kinshasa and L'shi.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 07:57 PM   #335
kuyuman81

Quote:
Not sure what maes you think that Sicilians are special...don't Congoese, Nigerians etc make Palm Oil?
Don't Congolese build houses make from Volcano rocks, Wood, Clay?

Sicilian like the rest of Italy, Europe, Asia, Americans and indeed Africans PAY TAXES to get Paved roads, Hospitals/healthcare, Security, electricity, Plumming etc...

So why should Congolese PAY so much Tax and get zero service from their leaders? makes zero sense.

This wy Americans rebelled against the British Autority. the colonial leaders took most of the money/wealth of the people and shipped it to London.Makes no se

The Mobutu buult an Airport, 1 Road, a Hospital, brought electricity and a water plant in Goma and from there people took care of themselves by building schools, clining, shops, houses etc...and now its the 3rd Congolese city in economic activities only after Kinshasa and L'shi.

I don't think I said Sicilians are a special breed of people!I just took out an example to illustrate my point.And if you say what Sicilians are doing/did is being done in many parts of Africa,then thank god .
My view is ,there are enough ressources locally available for people to live decent lives.The common woman/man doesn't need to live in a huge concrete mansion:She/he just want a decent dwelling!And that can be provided using local materials and local technology!
The fact that people pay taxes doesn't they no longer have any social obligations.In usa.uk,france,etc...the state is supposed to provide education,health,etc.....coz people pay taxes.But,everyday,we see ordinary people stepping in to do what the state is supposed to do.When people like Warren buffet or Bill gates give billions of dollars to help fund universities,health centres,research centres,etc...they are doing what the state is supposed to do.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 09:14 PM   #336
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I don't think I said Sicilians are a special breed of people!I just took out an example to illustrate my point.And if you say what Sicilians are doing/did is being done in many parts of Africa,then thank god .
My view is ,there are enough ressources locally available for people to live decent lives.The common woman/man doesn't need to live in a huge concrete mansion:She/he just want a decent dwelling!And that can be provided using local materials and local technology!
The fact that people pay taxes doesn't they no longer have any social obligations.In usa.uk,france,etc...the state is supposed to provide education,health,etc.....coz people pay taxes.But,everyday,we see ordinary people stepping in to do what the state is supposed to do.When people like Warren buffet or Bill gates give billions of dollars to help fund universities,health centres,research centres,etc...they are doing what the state is supposed to do.
I don't understand your at all.

But my point is this.. DR Congo needs Infrastructures (Interstate Highwaysm Rails, Electricity, a Deep Sea port, 100s pf Vational training schools etc..), friendly business policies to boost the standards off life and overall Social economic development.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 02:29 PM   #337
kuyuman81

I am very impressed by Ethiopians!How are they doing all this with just agriculture?

Old January 23rd, 2016, 02:40 PM   #338
kuyuman81

Old January 23rd, 2016, 02:53 PM   #339
kuyuman81

We have better food than Ethiopians,yet they have managed to make theirs go mainstream.What are we doing wrong?The packaging?Marketing?
Unlike our ngandas,they build real restaurants with very well-designed interiors,nicely presented meals,nice coffee,etc...They have succeeded to do what many Africans cant:To settle in an area and then dominate the economics of the place.Very impressive!
Little Ethiopia Washington:

Old January 23rd, 2016, 03:27 PM   #340
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Quote:
I am very impressed by Ethiopians!How are they doing all this with just agriculture?

]
LOL

Ethiopia has the most ambitious Railroad project in Africa, with a set network of (5,000 km) and already under construction.

The most ambitious power project in Africa with set target of (10,000 MWe) and they are so far building the largest Dam in Africa. other dams, wind powers etc being too complted so far etc.
Africa's largest Airline and one of the most modern , if not the most modern.

With more than 1,500 km of inter-Regional modern roads

Tho their economy is still too of Marxist with little Capitalism, but their leadership is dead serious about true modernization of the country's public infrastructures.

We are filled with more agricultural land, filled wit minerals, but only dream of these infrastructures...brainless leaders.

You promise people that you'll build roads will tell you we don't have money after 15 years of mass looting the minerals..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement