POST OFFICE REDEVELOPMENT | PROPOSED - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Midwest and Plains > Local Forums > Milwaukee

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 4th, 2018, 09:27 PM   #101
phxtravelboy

Likes (Received): 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee Man View Post
Not for nothing, but USPS hasn't been government run since the 70s, it is essentially a crown corporation.

And inefficient? I work with USPS and DHL every week for logistical things for my company, USPS is very easy to work with from a b2b view.
The USPS is extremely bloated and inefficient. My ex is a mail carrier for them. It's extremely common for the carriers to finish their assigned routes and then sluff off the rest of the day before returning to the postal facility. My ex would come home, take a shower, change, hang out a bit, and then return to the postal facility. They do that to not encourage the routes to get bigger, IE have more work to do. SMH.
phxtravelboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2018, 09:51 PM   #102
Coldwake
Voice of Reason (usually)

Likes (Received): 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee Man View Post
And inefficient? I work with USPS and DHL every week for logistical things for my company, USPS is very easy to work with from a b2b view.

As a customer, I have no complaints. As a vendor... they're absolutely awful. I can not understate this. They cost themselves a lot of money due to how they operate and cause vendors to turn down business because they don't want to work with them.
Coldwake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2018, 05:51 PM   #103
RN_NM

Likes (Received): 2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldwake View Post
As a customer, I have no complaints. As a vendor... they're absolutely awful. I can not understate this. They cost themselves a lot of money due to how they operate and cause vendors to turn down business because they don't want to work with them.

And to think, without the pension system they would profitable!

Milwaukee Man liked this post
RN_NM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 15th, 2018, 02:45 AM   #104
NathanPlotkin_MKE

Likes (Received): 278

What do you guys think of the Post Office moving to North Ridge? I saw this idea and thought it was great.
NathanPlotkin_MKE está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 10:53 AM   #105
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 795

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanPlotkin_MKE View Post
What do you guys think of the Post Office moving to North Ridge? I saw this idea and thought it was great.
Size works. Access that they need...not so much. If they relocated it'd be near the airport.
brewcityfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 05:14 PM   #106
MKE-bound

Likes (Received): 1174

I think the airport area makes the most sense. Right at air, rail and freeways.

mbradleyc liked this post
MKE-bound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2018, 05:30 PM   #107
lrjohn7

Likes (Received): 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE-bound View Post
I think the airport area makes the most sense. Right at air, rail and freeways.
The Post Office still owns a couple acres of land by the airport in Oak Creek where they were going to move before the Recession.

MKE-bound liked this post
lrjohn7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2018, 08:06 PM   #108
Yeled

Likes (Received): 1114

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrjohn7 View Post
The Post Office still owns a couple acres of land by the airport in Oak Creek where they were going to move before the Recession.
I realize you meant the recent recession, but when I first read it I thought we were talking about the Great Depression! I thought, "Ho, boy, they've been holding that land a long time."

RN_NM, lrjohn7 liked this post
Yeled no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 07:04 AM   #109
dereinew

Likes (Received): 0

Setback requirements for the hotel, which must use high quality design materials and architecture, are designed to narrow the building to maximize light, air, and open space and minimize shadows on Pier A Park. The implementation of the plan would terminate the existing easement with the Post Office which provides angled parking for Post Office vehicles along Newark Street where there currently is no sidewalk. All Post Office and hotel loading activities would be moved to First Street and take place inside of a building and the hotel would be required to have lease agreements with private parking garages.

Now all USPS employees can make use of liteblue portal to get all the benifits.
dereinew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 08:41 AM   #110
WhyMKE

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereinew View Post
Setback requirements for the hotel, which must use high quality design materials and architecture, are designed to narrow the building to maximize light, air, and open space and minimize shadows on Pier A Park. The implementation of the plan would terminate the existing easement with the Post Office which provides angled parking for Post Office vehicles along Newark Street where there currently is no sidewalk. All Post Office and hotel loading activities would be moved to First Street and take place inside of a building and the hotel would be required to have lease agreements with private parking garages.

Now all USPS employees can make use of liteblue portal to get all the benifits.
Confused about what you're talking about here

atjacobmajor liked this post
WhyMKE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 02:12 PM   #111
bluehoo

Likes (Received): 67

"Originally Posted by dereinew View Post

Now all USPS employees can make use of liteblue portal to get all the benifits."

It appears you meant to post to a New Jersey forum, this is for Milwaukee.

MKERevival, lrjohn7 liked this post
bluehoo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 07:24 PM   #112
lrjohn7

Likes (Received): 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehoo View Post

Now all USPS employees can make use of liteblue portal to get all the benifits."

lol how random.
lrjohn7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 07:59 PM   #113
WhyMKE

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehoo View Post

And I got all excited thinking there was an update on this project

eaglesfant37, wisco220 liked this post
WhyMKE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2019, 07:17 PM   #114
NathanPlotkin_MKE

Likes (Received): 278

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ct/2208641001/

Fingers crossed this project comes to fruition

RN_NM, Mr. Milwaukee liked this post
NathanPlotkin_MKE está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2019, 07:20 PM   #115
transit_oriented

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanPlotkin_MKE View Post
https://www.jsonline.com/story/money...ct/2208641001/

Fingers crossed this project comes to fruition
This is interesting. I dropped off some bulk mail at the Post Office yesterday at the rear of the facility by the river and there was quite a bit of construction going on.
transit_oriented no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2019, 08:55 PM   #116
UWsteve2009

Likes (Received): 1234

I dont subscribe. Anyone able to summarize?
UWsteve2009 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2019, 10:19 PM   #117
transit_oriented

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWsteve2009 View Post
I dont subscribe. Anyone able to summarize?
There has a been a new report filed with the DNR stating that the Postal Service is preparing for construction at the Oak Creek site. They need approval from DNR to build because the site is on a wetland.

No official statement has been made from either side.

Tags
milwaukee, mixed use, proposed, redevelopment