Carlsberg — probably the best development in Copenhagen - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1034 votes, 4.98 average.
Old July 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #61
Micrav
Live!

Likes (Received): 16

A brewery that fits into the city and helps develop, that is an awesome project. And I really like the architecture of the old brewery, those towers, less. I saw some breweries integrated in cities (St-Louis USA, Liège, Louvain, ...) I know what I am talking about, I come from the country of all beers (Belgium). Sorry danish guys, we have more than 700 kinds of beer in Belgium, not just one major... But I can really say "Cheers" for the project. A few modifications and it will be wonderful. This project will definitely make me come back to Copenhagen for a beer.
Micrav no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #62
Fab 5

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micrav View Post
I saw some breweries integrated in cities (St-Louis USA, Liège, Louvain, ...)
Do you have any links to those projects?
Old July 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #63
_tictac_
Have a mint.

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Sorry danish guys, we have more than 700 kinds of beer in Belgium, not just one major...
How ignorant.

Belgium: InterBev (#1)
Denmark: Carlsberg (#5)

I guess that's all there is to it, right? Not quite.

Denmark is so much more than just Carlsberg and Tuborg. In fact, Denmark houses over 530 breweries, leaving every other country on this planet in the dust in terms of total breweries vs. inhabitants.

Furthermore, experts recently claimed Denmark as the leading beer nation in the world.

Next time, get your facts straight, otherwise, great post.
_tictac_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2008, 12:27 AM   #64
Fab 5

Somehow I managed to miss this one: Acclaimed internationals VOGT Landscape Architects have been chosen as the primary consultants on all of the new squares and parks at Carlsberg (according to this site: http://rasmusbroennum.wordpress.com/)

VOGT are known for being "house" landscape architects for Herzog & de Meuron, and are behind e.g. the landscaping around the TATE Modern.
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #65
Micrav
Live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tictac_ View Post
How ignorant.

Belgium: InterBev (#1)
Denmark: Carlsberg (#5)

I guess that's all there is to it, right? Not quite.

Denmark is so much more than just Carlsberg and Tuborg. In fact, Denmark houses over 530 breweries, leaving every other country on this planet in the dust in terms of total breweries vs. inhabitants.

Furthermore, experts recently claimed Denmark as the leading beer nation in the world.

Next time, get your facts straight, otherwise, great post.
Ignorant, but correct. How many varieties of beer does Denmark host? I am not competing for competing. I am not a big beer drinker, I am a good beer drinker. I prefer quality to quantity. And honestly, after travelling to different places in Europe and in the world, I can be proud that my country brew such different kinds of beer (for example: Pils, Stout, Kriek, Trappiste, Blond, Brown, Amber, Geuze, White beer, strong, bitter, sweet (up to 12% or light) among others) and they are exported all over the world, not only because Inbev is leader (Inbev has only about 10 kinds of brands from Belgium, it became a business thing, if you want true excellency in products, you have to look for other products: Orval, Chimay, Rochefort, etc.), simply because people come to taste a beer in Belgium. It became an art to drink a beer in a special glass adapted to your beer. There is a logical explanation to this in history: comes back to Romans but through ages has developped towards quality and different products!
In 1900, there was 3223 declared breweries in Belgium, after the2 WorldWars, this number dropped to 755 and nowadays, there are really around 100 real breweries. There is also internal competition on quality, not on quantity, we don't drink like Germans 1 liter of beer in 1 glass. Ah, we also cook with beer (The famous "lapin à la bière" and we make cheese with beer too

If you go to Belgium, there are now beer markets where you find regularily novelties and new brews, with fruits, different cereals, different maturation ways,etc. And therefore we have plenty of different kinds of beer.

About micro-breweries (like you say you have in Denmark more then 700, I believe you), I cannot say in Belgium because nowadays, there is brewers academies and you see plenty of small cafés brewing their own beer... I could not tell you the exact number.

Hope I corrected accurately my first thread. We are proud of our beer industry with reason I believe, like we are proud of our fries and chocolate
+other things more economical like one of the best price/quality/productivity country in the world And the fact that we are happy to live in Belgium despite stupid politicians regularily speaking about our differences more than our common points...

So next time, when I go to Denmark, I will look for real small breweries to discover new products (I hope different than Tuborg and Carlsberg) and next time you go to Belgium, try a new beer... I believe you can come back more than 200 times to discover all of them
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #66
Fab 5

Some dude is complaining about the high-rises now...

http://www.planogarkitektur.kk.dk/By...65&parent=9065
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #67
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 107

I'm tired of hearing of those crazy wind conditions. I never been to a city where there is as much wind as in Copenhagen - doubt a few small and slender towers that don't even stand that close to each other will make any differences.
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 05:36 PM   #68
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ØlandDK View Post
I'm tired of hearing of those crazy wind conditions. I never been to a city where there is as much wind as in Copenhagen - doubt a few small and slender towers that don't even stand that close to each other will make any differences.
Totally agree - and they wont. All wind studies show values (way) below critical.

Note that the mapping above is before the 9 high-rises found their final location - three of them have been moved around just a bit since resulting in even lower values.

Last edited by Fab 5; July 15th, 2008 at 05:42 PM.
Fab 5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #69
Zichau

Likes (Received): 203

It's funny how those people always stick to these arguments. I don't mind saying I like tall buildings so why can't they just say they hate them?

It would be so much easier for everybody to make dicissions that way.
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #70
Bemba

Likes (Received): 0

Nice

Wow amazing!!!
Old July 17th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #71
Jarmo K
3:36

Likes (Received): 403

heh, i finally realised there's a pun in the "probably the best" thing
Old July 19th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #72
Fab 5

I have from time to time heard some rather loose rumors of the guys involved with "Kunsthal København" trying to get some of the aspiring younger architects for the upper A-list to participate in the competition. I didn't want to post names as long as I didn't have a credible source - now I have (at least for one of the names).

Well, they are trying to get Kazuyo Sejima/SANAA involved at Carlsberg. Now, that is amazing!

http://www.kopenhagen.dk/interviews/...ndhardt_weiss/

Their New Museum of Contemporary Art in NYC is one of my personal faves. Extremely complex architecture-wise (just take a look on their drawings at the current Louisiana exhibition on newly constructed museums).

Old July 19th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #73
Jarmo K
3:36

Likes (Received): 403

wow wow wow

i love sanaa! hope these rumors are not just rumors...
Old July 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #74
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmo K View Post
wow wow wow

i love sanaa! hope these rumors are not just rumors...
They are not - the guys of Kunsthal København are ACTIVELY trying to get SANAA involved in the forthcoming international competition.

I wonder which site at Carlsberg they are going for.
Old July 21st, 2008, 01:26 PM   #75
knilaus
Gone

Likes (Received): 4

Last edited by knilaus; February 27th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
knilaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:00 PM   #76
moveteam

Likes (Received): 1832

Quote:
Sorry danish guys, we have more than 700 kinds
Quote:
I prefer quality to quantity.
moveteam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #77
Micrav
Live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knilaus View Post
If you're serious about visiting Denmark to discover real beer (and not the Carlsberg enzyme crap) booking a flight for September 12th - 14th might be a good idea.
Way to go

Gives me idea to organize it also in Latvia, I have experience of organizing similar festivals in Belgium also for a while with non-profit organizations...
Old July 30th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #78
Fab 5

Vandkunsten Architects have revealed their initial studies and ideas on their building for the first phase of construction at Carlsberg - various facade solutions etc.

http://www.vandkunsten.com/public_si...hop02_mail.pdf

Here are the four, various facade solutions being considered so far:

Being more of a minimalist myself I definitely prefer solution no. 4.

Last edited by Fab 5; July 30th, 2008 at 11:05 PM.
Fab 5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:05 PM   #79
Boscorelli

Likes (Received): 230

The last picture in the pdf, the black inspirational one is that a house in Copenhagen? It's really cool!
Boscorelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:19 PM   #80
Fab 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boscorelli View Post

The last picture in the pdf, the black inspirational one is that a house in Copenhagen? It's really cool!
I came across that building as very interesting too, sadly, however, it is in London (I think). Definitely not CPH.

BTW: If you all look a bit closer on the first page of the PDF, it is also possible to get a glimpse on the initial design of Årstiderne Architects' building. Looks pretty cool volume-wise IMO.

Tags
advertisement, brewery, industrial, redevelopment, urban

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: