KAZAN - Kazan Arena (45,379) - Page 9 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #161
Timurkin

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
as i see the stadium wont have an athletic track. Where they will host the athletics at the University games?
On the Central Stadium in Kazan (campacity 30 000 people). Now it is a home stadium of FC "Rubin Kazan".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Stadium_(Kazan)
Timurkin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 7th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #162
alwn

it will be extended to 60 k?

what about the roof, it will be retractable or normal. I know in kazan winter is very cold and long. As i red, rubin will play in moscow against twente in mid february. Regarding the stadium the distance between the stands and the pitch looks too big
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #163
Timurkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwn View Post
it will be extended to 60 k?

what about the roof, it will be retractable or normal. I know in kazan winter is very cold and long. As i red, rubin will play in moscow against twente in mid february. Regarding the stadium the distance between the stands and the pitch looks too big
For Universiade 2013 will built New Stadium (45 000). It can be extended to 60 k only for Football World Cup 2018. For Uni 2013 will be normal roof.For WC 2018 may have retractable (but I dont think so)
Central Stadium will be left without changes. (30 000)
In Moscow is not a natural grass, and it is in better coundition than in Kazan.
Timurkin está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #164
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4492

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

WFInsider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #165
Konig
BANNED

Likes (Received): 256

Which 60000? This is nonsense Kazan storytellers.
We have over them all laugh. They consider their city the third capital of Russia, though in fact Kazan - a large village. The highest attendance Rubin ever was in 2009, an average of 18000 -). Why do they need 60,000? The best football city of the Volga region - is Samara.
KS Samara never was a champion of Russia, but their old stadium each year collects full capacity, and the average attendance was at 30000, they were the most visited clubs in Eastern Europe a few years.
Konig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #166
alwn

konig

however kazan has 1 mill population and a competitive team. 60 k is not too much for a city with 1 mill inhabitants. Ok, they had a low attendance but a new modern stadium could even double the spectators (see Shakhtar Donetk)
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #167
Konig
BANNED

to alwn
Rubin was 2 times in a row champion of Russia. They have one of the best stadiums (for now). Attendance at them is not growing, 'cause there is no football tradition. They had only once a full stadium for these 3 years, when Barcelona came and everything. It's a shame.
Shakhtyor incorrectly compared with Rubin. In Donetsk, in Soviet times, consistently going for the football audience is 40-50000. Besides Moscow and St. Petersburg, most football cities in Russia: Samara, Krasnodar, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don and Voronezh. Kazan is not included even in the top ten, it is more a hockey city. Although lately, even on hockey occupancy rate stands around 50%.
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #168
alwn

Konig

of course you know better the situation from russia then me. And i have to admitt you are one of the most informed football fan that i met.

However i have my arguments too:
1. from what i watch on Tv, the current Central stadium from kazan doesnt look so great. Athletic truck, not so good view to the pitch, only maybe 20 % of the stands covered, awful pitch in early spring.. When i mean a modern football stadium has to be with 80-100 % of the stands covered, no athtletic truck stands close to the pitch, other facilities..
2. I didnt make a comparision between Shakhtar Donetk and Rubin Kazan. I just gave this example Donetk because after they completed the new arena the attendance almost doubled from 16-19k before to 34k, for the ukrainian championship. I could give you much more examples from Europe where the attendance rose with 50-100% after the team moved in a new arena. You can check Slavia Prague, teams from portugal (benfica, sporting, porto, braga, guimaraes), Bayern Munchen, Leverkusen, Hannover, Salzburg.. So this rulle will apply also in Kazan, no metter the football tradition. Is about the facilities for the public.
3. You said kazan doesnt have a football tradition rather they are known for Ice Hockey. But what you need to build a tradition? Time spent in the top and good results. They had already great results, champions twice in a row, played in Champions League beating Barcelona in Camp Nou.. and everything was achieved with a team build in time, not with hundreds of millions spent in famous players. Only a long term project, good work, modesty and .. Kurban Berdiyev. Maybe they need more time and results to build a strong football tradition in Kazan, but they are getting close.
4. You said that kazan is a Hockey city but a city with one million people could support both football and hockey as well.
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #169
Konig
BANNED

to alwn
1) You are wrong in fact 50% of the stands under the roof. At the moment, Russia has only 3 stadiums better (Luzhniki, Lokomotiv and Arena Khimki).
2) Clubs, which you mentioned have a tradition, in the old stadium gathered enough fans. Rubin 15-20 years ago, even in Russia, no one knew they were collecting a maximum of 1000-2000 fans.
3) I would not speak about their modesty ... We all know that at least their first title in 2008 was purchased. About Berdiev say only that he was a typical oriental man with his tricks.
4) You know, 10 years ago in Kazan was only 2 clubs in major leagues in different team sports. Then they got the oil money and they began to create clubs in all sports, buy the best players, coaches, build stadiums to money from federal budget. In Kazan, many clubs for this population: Ak Bars (hockey), Rubin (football), UNICS (basketball), Zenit (Volley), Dinamo (Volley), Raketa (Russian hockey), Sintez (water polo) and others.
This is only hatred for Kazan. During Soviet times, Moscow did the same(Spartak, Dinamo and CSKA).
What to say if the house when Rubin plays with the Moscow clubs and Zenit, then I hear on television that several thousand fans of the guest is completely choke 10-15000 local, makes the guest matches for players Rubin. It pleases me, but for them it is a shame.
I am sure that when they run out of oil, then they come back in 3 leagues, and their place will be, for example, Rotor Volgograd.
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #170
alwn

konig

as i said i can't know all the details from russian football. I watch sometimes russian prem league on our Tv station and the level is very high. Very spectacular football!

about Rotor it was a good team. I watched against nantes 3-2 and i remember they eliminated Man United 0-0, 2-2 in old trafford

I think you have also a good stadium in ramenskoye and anyway russia will be full of new stadiums in few years

Tell me, second division (first division) is broadcasted live also?
we have a coach in krasnodar. He won the first div and got the promotion
Old January 11th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #171
Konig
BANNED

to alwn
First Division yet very rarely shown on tv. Only a few regional TV companies. But with the new season, NTV + (Pay TV) will show more First Division.
Yes, we know that Dan Petrescu trains Kuban. He was there a real hero, has even been nicknamed SuperDan. Here is his interview with the Krasnodar TV after winning the championship
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRX_...eature=related
Old January 11th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #172
alwn

Konig

great to watch dan petrescu at the russian TV!. Is just an impression but he starts to understand a little bit russian language

in Romania he succeded maybe the bigest surprise from the history of the romanian league. He won the national title with a very small team Unirea Urziceni. I will tell you something about Unirea.
Urziceni is a small and poor town with only 17.000 population. Never in the romanian football history such a small town got the championship. Until 2002 they never played even in second division. Petrescu came in Urziceni in early 2007 when the team which played for the first time in Liga 1 was struggled to avoid the relegation. He build a good team but not with big money with hard working players not so famous and in 2008/2009 he won the title against dinamo bucuresti a great surprise. Unirea played in champions league too achieving the best romanian performance 8 points, not enough pass the groups. After dan petrescu leaving in early 2010 the team went down slowly and got into the collaps just after matches against zenit. Without Petrescu they couldnt eliminate Zenit even with a little chance in sankt petersburg..
So what i say is that kuban could be a big surprise in russia next season, maybe even a Europa League spot
Old January 12th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #173
Cirdan

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig View Post
to alwn
Rubin was 2 times in a row champion of Russia. They have one of the best stadiums (for now). Attendance at them is not growing, 'cause there is no football tradition. They had only once a full stadium for these 3 years, when Barcelona came and everything. It's a shame.
Shakhtyor incorrectly compared with Rubin. In Donetsk, in Soviet times, consistently going for the football audience is 40-50000. Besides Moscow and St. Petersburg, most football cities in Russia: Samara, Krasnodar, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don and Voronezh. Kazan is not included even in the top ten, it is more a hockey city. Although lately, even on hockey occupancy rate stands around 50%.
Attendance is growing. They used to have ~11k in their first couple of RPL seasons, in their first Championship season they had 18k, now ~14k. And compared to other Russian clubs, their attendance is not not that bad - Samara has more, Zenit has more, Spartak has more, but that's pretty much it. Maybe Vladikavkaz and/or Krasnodar, if they play 1st division, but not by much. Rostov and Volgograd both have worse attendances than Kazan these days.

However I completely agree that 60k is way too much. Even if they double their current average (which I find ambitious, but not completely out of the picture), they won't need more than ~40-45k.

And a 60k seater in a city with a metropolitan area of around 1 mio people is far from normal - look at Western European cities of a similar size: Lille, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Porto, even Torino - all with more football history, all except Porto in bigger leagues and with higher attendances, the French cities will only get ~40-50k seaters for EURO 2016, Juve builds a 40k seater, Porto got a ~50k seater for EURO 2000. So 40-50k is the usual for a city of Kazans size with an established club in a big league. The 45k seater they plan is plenty ambitious, building a 60k seater would be begging for it to become a white elefant.
Cirdan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #174
Konig
BANNED

to alwn
Of course, I know that Dan did with Unirea. This proves that he is a true professional, for his money is not important. In Krasnodar, while the Europa League no one says they will be happy even 14 position in a RPL in the first season. They had never in its history, did not stay in the top league is more than 1 season. Even one of the nicknames of Kuban - "lift".

to Cirdan
You're right, but for the club-champion 14-18000 is very low. In Volgograd, 30-40000 gathered during the economic crisis 1990th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-nvF...eature=related
Rostov in Soviet times, had 2 clubs, who gathered to 30000 each. Legendary Rostov`s footballer Viktor Ponedelnik scored a golden goal in the first Euro 1960.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZqHB...eature=related
Kazan until that has only a few bags of money and nothing else.
Old January 12th, 2011, 10:14 PM   #175
alwn

Koenig

D Petrescu doesnt like to lose and is no way to play for the relegation only..
He will not be happy with 14th rank, he will play for europa league even from the first season on premiere league.
In Romania with Urziceni he always liked to play the role of a small team with small objectives and at the end he won the title.
Sometimes history is not relevant, you will see..

On the other hand Petrescu always complains about referees (like Mircea Lucescu from Donetk) even when it is not the case. He likes to play the "victim" role and it's becoming tiring

Anyway please book a europa league spot for Kuban in 2012
Old January 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM   #176
Konig
BANNED

to alwn
I'll be glad if Kuban gets right to the Europa League. But there is no professional management at the club (relatives of the owner). They very often do not make the right decisions. Recently, again suffered a puncture, have not signed the contract on time (it was necessary to automatically renew 2 months ago) with the best defender and he resigned from the Kuban as a free agent.
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:23 PM   #177
alwn

I didnt know all these. Probbaly he will play only for avoid the relegation
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #178
TigroZavr

Likes (Received): 559

today foto by RENALD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENALD View Post
На стадион пробраться не смогли, но со стороны сняли. Ещё фотки стадиона с разных высоток

Что-то заливают в стороне от площадки стадиона

Выход из подземного перехода на стадион

TigroZavr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #179
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4492

WFInsider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 11:46 PM   #180
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 785

Nice to see the progress. Probably they will speed that up with good weather ahead.
Advertisement

Tags
казань, kazan, soccer, stadium, tatarstan, wch2018, world cup 2018