NEW!!! Snow Hill - 43 & 25 Storey Towers! - Page 7 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #121
FLD

Likes (Received): 1

The Birmingham Post, today;

"The developers are to submit a planning application to the council shortly..."

Included in the Post is an awful image of these towers, it looks like a bad water colour painting!
FLD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #122
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Likes (Received): 573

The quality isn't as good as our pics, but I must say that I quite like the way it looks metallic!
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #123
FLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosonic View Post
The quality isn't as good as our pics, but I must say that I quite like the way it looks metallic!

Yes, I thought it appeared to have a metallic look to it ..... I only hope it doesn't end up looking like the new Bridgewater Place building in Leeds, which looks so cheap & tacky, & looks like it belongs on an out-of-town industrial estate!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #124
Bachy Soletanche
Disco and drugs trade

Likes (Received): 3896

I think Bridgewater is the best high rise presently going up, that includes all the Beethams.

And I've not been to London recently, so I dunno about them.
"What do you thus rail at me, as if I had done such an heinous act, contrary to the nature of man? I tell you that if you did but know how pleasant the taste of man's flesh was, none of you all would forbear to eat it;"

Last edited by Bachy Soletanche; November 7th, 2006 at 01:30 PM.
Bachy Soletanche no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #125
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 272

I'm yet to make my mind up about BP. I do see what FLD is saying and I do agree but it is also pretty impressive.

I'm yet to see the birmingham post...
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #126
FLD

It (BP) isn't the worst building I've ever seen, it just doesn't excite me in the same way as Beetham Birmingham for example. To be honest, I've not seen BP in the flesh, but it does look like it has been constructed using materials used for an industrial estate office complex.
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #127
woodhousen

Likes (Received): 1018

anyway wana show us non-brum residents what your talking about?
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:24 PM   #128
Markb03

Likes (Received): 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Robinson View Post
I think Bridgewater is the best high rise presently going up, that includes all the Beethams.

And I've not been to London recently, so I dunno about them.
Bridgewater is my last name
Markb03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:42 PM   #129
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Marky-mark Bridgewater?
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #130
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Glenn Howells still havent replied so they are going to feel the wrath of a torrent of emails demanding information. Thats if they dont reply in a weeks time. I might just send one again just to be sure.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

Old November 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM   #131
Biosonic
Second Citizen

If you cause them to cancel the project we will shoot you Erebus!!!

:not jk:

Last edited by Biosonic; November 7th, 2006 at 06:47 PM. Reason: bloody smilies!!!!!
Biosonic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2006, 06:50 PM   #132
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Meep. That's put me off...

Old November 9th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #133
FLD

The curved end of BP looks like how the Rotunda used to look ..... a bit of an odd-ball building to me, I think it will look dated the day it is finished. I hope the Snow Hill towers aren't clad in the same way!
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #134
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

I finally got a reply on this!

The person told me that the planning application will shortly be submitted and they may have been some changes since we saw the image.

But to get more stuff on this, someone needs to go to a public exhibition at 1-3 Colmore Row (adjacent to Snow Hill Station) just for today and tomorrow (Thursday 9th and Friday 10th Nov from 12.00-2.00pm and from 4.00-6.00pm) where models and plans of this tower and possibly more are on display.

Any takers? I'm busy.

Old November 9th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #135
U475 Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 496

Sounds good I wish I knew about this earlier I would have gone and had a look and I don't think I can tommorrow.

I did see what looked like a bunch of developers and (I think) Ken Hardeman looking at the Ludgate site and the derelict buildings adjacent today when I went into town for a meeting today.
U475 Foxtrot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:31 PM   #136
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

I wish I knew earlier too, I could have forewarned everyone. There is a very very slim possibilty I could go tomorrow but it seems very unlikely.

Old November 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #137
NickykciN

Likes (Received): 0

Hopefully somone will manage to get down there. it would be very interesting to see what changes they have actually made to the designs that we first saw.
NickykciN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #138
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

I doubt there will be very much. For example, I dont think the number of floors or height has been changed. The overall design we saw should be very similar. The only difference maybe the colour and windows.

Old November 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #139
NickykciN

Likes (Received): 0

Do u think that they will show exactly where the buildings will stand in relation to the snow hill area? theyre seems to be so much going on at the moment that im not sure exactly where they will be built. Any ideas?
NickykciN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM   #140
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Erm There is map somewhere but basically, it is facing St Chads Circus pretty much opposite Kennedy Tower. Sorry, hard to describe. My knowledge of the roads around there is poor.

Can someone help me out here!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement