CRK | Clark International Airport - Page 701 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 7th, 2019, 11:17 AM   #14001
Spidey251

Likes (Received): 81

The official website of Clark International Airport is now updated: http://clarkinternationalairport.com/

Last edited by Spidey251; September 7th, 2019 at 11:29 AM.
Spidey251 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 7th, 2019, 02:15 PM   #14002
sean911

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey251 View Post
The official website of Clark International Airport is now updated: http://clarkinternationalairport.com/
I know that this may not be its final look but...

If I was being honest, as it is now, it doesn't look as appealing as I thought it would be. Was it made in a rush? The fonts and colors aren't the best. The website also has very little information.

The flight status was literally just copied from the source API. No edits in the look to match the site theme. I mean, Mactan airport's page looks decent. I thought it would be at that level design-wise. Am not sure which options are and aren't clickable, looks unintuitive. Why is there a lot of emphasis on "More?" Is the new motto "MORE?" You can't click on any of them. The site doesn't explain it. It doesn't even have an "about us" page.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this is only a teaser and that it will have a grander look at a grander re-launch.

As it is right now though... I know it's only a website but damn.

dipdown, s_w_stars liked this post
sean911 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2019, 04:23 PM   #14003
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4833

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean911 View Post
I know that this may not be its final look but...

If I was being honest, as it is now, it doesn't look as appealing as I thought it would be. Was it made in a rush? The fonts and colors aren't the best. The website also has very little information.

The flight status was literally just copied from the source API. No edits in the look to match the site theme. I mean, Mactan airport's page looks decent. I thought it would be at that level design-wise. Am not sure which options are and aren't clickable, looks unintuitive. Why is there a lot of emphasis on "More?" Is the new motto "MORE?" You can't click on any of them. The site doesn't explain it. It doesn't even have an "about us" page.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that this is only a teaser and that it will have a grander look at a grander re-launch.

As it is right now though... I know it's only a website but damn.
It may only be a website but it does represent what they are or will be capable of. In that old little book, Moments of Truth, by an ex Scandinavian CEO years ago, that first contact can make or break you, and the website will probably the first contact, an introduction to Clark by future travelers. Sorry for Lipad, they should "lipad" higher in their quest for quality. But we'll wait and see next year when it does open.
Old September 7th, 2019, 06:26 PM   #14004
fretburner

Likes (Received): 2325

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_w_stars View Post
It may only be a website but it does represent what they are or will be capable of. In that old little book, Moments of Truth, by an ex Scandinavian CEO years ago, that first contact can make or break you, and the website will probably the first contact, an introduction to Clark by future travelers. Sorry for Lipad, they should "lipad" higher in their quest for quality. But we'll wait and see next year when it does open.
Lipad is probably still in discussion with airlines to make it MORE functional. Cebu was the same in 2014. It's a lot better since, as agreements have been made and more information being available.

It's better to launch the website immediately and roll up enhancements every couple of months or so.

The best part of it is that they're still calling it CIA, and not DMIA.

sean911 liked this post
fretburner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2019, 03:31 AM   #14005
sean911

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretburner View Post
Lipad is probably still in discussion with airlines to make it MORE functional. Cebu was the same in 2014. It's a lot better since, as agreements have been made and more information being available.

It's better to launch the website immediately and roll up enhancements every couple of months or so.

You may be right. I did some digging.

This is what the mactan cebu’s site looked like in 2014:

And they re-designed it to this in 2018:

Hopefully it doesn’t take that long for Lipad to get Clark’s up to par.
Old September 8th, 2019, 05:24 AM   #14006
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10260

The website will surely evolve / be revised over time. Lipad consortium recently just took over CRK O&M right?

Hindi naman static yan.

PRRD, #SONA2019

Sky_Higher liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2019, 06:46 PM   #14007
s_w_stars

Quote:

It's still ugly from my perspective BUT who knows there's always room for improvement. If I were them, they should use this as a mock up only and not put it out live. Again, the visuals are important to future "customers". Let's not make excuses on their behalf.
Old September 9th, 2019, 07:07 PM   #14008
fretburner

Quote:
It's still ugly from my perspective BUT who knows there's always room for improvement. If I were them, they should use this as a mock up only and not put it out live. Again, the visuals are important to future "customers". Let's not make excuses on their behalf.
I'm not.

I just know how these things work. You have no idea how much work was involved in getting GMCAC's website to where it is today from when GMCAC took over in Nov 2014. You probably don't know that the airlines were the bottleneck to that IT project which was delayed many times over.
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:43 PM   #14009
s_w_stars

Quote:
I'm not.

I just know how these things work. You have no idea how much work was involved in getting GMCAC's website to where it is today from when GMCAC took over in Nov 2014. You probably don't know that the airlines were the bottleneck to that IT project which was delayed many times over.
You mean I don't know what it takes to develop a website? And how long it takes?
Old September 10th, 2019, 06:46 PM   #14010
fretburner

Quote:
You mean I don't know what it takes to develop a website? And how long it takes?
Like integrating an AODB to a website
Old September 11th, 2019, 02:03 AM   #14011
Wolfranz
Seine Durchlaucht

Likes (Received): 1491

Quote:
I'm not.

So you’re an IT guy at Mactan?
Old September 11th, 2019, 04:56 AM   #14012
fretburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfranz View Post
So you’re an IT guy at Mactan?
Why would I tell you?
Old September 11th, 2019, 05:20 AM   #14013
Wolfranz
Seine Durchlaucht

Likes (Received): 1491

Just asking, no need to be uptight. You seem to know much about the backstory of MCIA’s website. Outsiders like us won’t know anything unless we have someone we know who works there.
Old September 11th, 2019, 07:54 AM   #14014
richard fischer

Likes (Received): 1934

Quote:
Why would I tell you?
What are you afraid of? The internet somehow turns people to strange behaviors sometimes.....he is just curious and interested in your personality. Take it as a compliment - not as a threat.
richard fischer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 08:14 AM   #14015
fretburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard fischer View Post
What are you afraid of? The internet somehow turns people to strange behaviors sometimes.....he is just curious and interested in your personality. Take it as a compliment - not as a threat.
There's a reason why I use a nickname and not my real name.

It's very obvious to me on who are outsiders, who are those who know someone from GMCAC or MCIAA, and those who I think are employees themselves or maybe spouses/gfs/bfs of employees.
Old September 11th, 2019, 08:07 PM   #14016
dexter06

Likes (Received): 1073

On the internet, we will be responsible for whatever we post. Once posted it is for all the world to see. So i am prudent with what i share. Sometimes, in discussions, to drive home a point, one might share something more personal. It is really up to you on the kind of information or experience you are willing to share. If you cannot share knowledge for fear of compromising yourself, find a happy balance. Nobody is forcing you in the same way we will not be persuaded to believe all posts.

QatPhils liked this post
dexter06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2019, 04:23 PM   #14017
sean911

A first look of what the inside will look like once fitted by Lipad:

Taken from the airport’s Facebook page.

noelmd, mordecai027, dewlin07, boncedrick liked this post
Old September 14th, 2019, 05:05 PM   #14018
Cocoaviation

Likes (Received): 6

New Route!
Got this from Xiamen Airlines FB page

"Xiamen Airlines will be launching direct flights between Quanzhou (JJN) and Clark International Airport (CRK) starting on October 28, 2019
MF 8697 | JJN - CRK | 0900H - 1100H | MON/WED/FRI
MF 8698 | CRK - JJN | 1200H - 1400H | MON/WED/FRI"

Link below
https://www.facebook.com/xiamenairph...type=3&theater
Old September 15th, 2019, 11:03 PM   #14019
dootz505

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoaviation View Post
New Route!
Got this from Xiamen Airlines FB page

"Xiamen Airlines will be launching direct flights between Quanzhou (JJN) and Clark International Airport (CRK) starting on October 28, 2019
MF 8697 | JJN - CRK | 0900H - 1100H | MON/WED/FRI
MF 8698 | CRK - JJN | 1200H - 1400H | MON/WED/FRI"

Link below
https://www.facebook.com/xiamenairph...type=3&theater
One more to go..........

1. Korean Air - Seoul
2. Pan Pacific - Seoul
3. Xiamen - Quanzhou
4 ????????

Xiamen Airways is the same airline that serves Davao & Manila from Quanzhou. It's a very strange route for Davao to have. I heard the load factor was only 15% and I think the Davao frequency is only twice a week compared with Manila's 7 a week. These flights are obviously targeted at Chinese tourists probably on pre booked tours. I can't see many Filipinos wanting to visit Quanzhou, although Philippine Airlines flies there daily from Manila as well. What's so special about this place?

Last edited by dootz505; September 15th, 2019 at 11:19 PM.
dootz505 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2019, 02:45 AM   #14020
romyman

Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by dootz505 View Post
.... although Philippine Airlines flies there daily from Manila as well. What's so special about this place?
Xiamen was formerly known as Amoy. I know of many Fil-Chinese who have roots in Amoy.

Foreign Businesses in Xiamen -> https://www.amoymagic.com/comp.htm
romyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
angeles city