Votes: 15 0.6%

Votes: 23 0.9%

Votes: 43 1.7%
  • less than 3

Votes: 157 6.3%
1M views 6K replies 899 participants last post by  isaidso 
#1 · (Edited)
#2,006 ·
How many Toronto's skyscraper's are residential use? Are they all commercial use?
I don't know the actual breakdown, but it is a mix of commercial and residential towers. The photo I showed above is centred on the central business district, and most of those are office towers, but central Toronto has a dense residential population as well, for it is considered highly desirable to live there.

#2,008 ·
Balance in the Toronto skyline has always been the sole irritant, but less and less so each passing year. That pic above really shows how the skyline is beginning to fill out. Can't wait to see L Tower and Shangri-La from that exact same vantage point. I hope the Theatre Tower proposal comes to fruition too.

#2,018 ·
I gave it a 7.5/10 just to be nice by giving a couple points because of street level in some areas. I never cared much for Toronto's skyline because not on is there no real significant building (and the CN Tower doesn't count imo because its a needle and extremely common) But it also lacks proportion in its overall skyline appearance. Its come a long way though but far from a 10 in my book...

#2,020 ·
I gave it a 7.5/10 just to be nice by giving a couple points because of street level in some areas. I never cared much for Toronto's skyline because not on is there no real significant building (and the CN Tower doesn't count imo because its a needle and extremely common) But it also lacks proportion in its overall skyline appearance. Its come a long way though but far from a 10 in my book...
I'm not sure how you figure that the CN Tower "doesn't count". It is the tallest freestanding structure in NA, is extremely visible, and has a major effect on the way the skyline looks. And if you're subtracting points for things being "common" it is much more common for cities to not have an observation tower than to have one. I can only imagine how many points cities like Chicago lose for being dominated by office buildings which are extremely common - particularly in NA and Asia. :shocked:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.